Chapter 14

Let's Start Anew

 

            I can’t stand the tension between the two. I let out a cough and speak.

            “Junho, this is Doo Joon my thesis partner. And Doo Joon, this is Junho…uhm…” I’m out of words; I don’t know what to say. We’re not related to each other in any way, aren’t we? Is it okay to say we’re friends? I guess that’s it, he’s a chingu*.

            “Junho is--”

            “Your dance instructor?” Doo Joon assumes.

            I’m confused. How did he ever know Junho taught me some dance just yesterday?

            “I was suppose to say he’s my friend but how--”

            “Ne. I already taught her some routines and this chingu is really great,” my sentence was again cut off, but this time by Junho. They’re getting into my nerves. They keep butting in while I’m talking. And the heat is no help to my irritation either.

            “How about you two continue talking while I’ll just go to the cafeteria to get something to drink?” I folded my arms across my chest as I wait for their response.

            “Stay,” Doo Joon said firmly. “I think I’m the one interrupting you two. I should leave anyways; I’ll be late to my P.E. class. I’ll just call you later, okay?”

            “O-okay. Take care!” I bowed to him.

            “Sure. And Hyo,”

            “Yes?”

            “Choose your friends carefully.” With that meaningful statement he turned around from us and began to walk away with his hands in his pockets.

            “That was weird. As far as I know, my friends are not that bad.” I said my thought out loud, forgetting there’s another person also hearing it.

            “Junho!” I startled him. He’s looking far away and his thoughts seem to be somewhere else too.

            “N-ne?” He stuttered, gaining his senses back.

            “Do you have something to tell me?”

            “I have?”

            “Yes! I thought you need my help?”

            “Ahh, that.” He sounded relieve. We walked while chatting. “Remember our deal?”

            “Of course. How can I not? I’ll attend your dance class in replacement of me tutoring you, right?”

            “Well…I really need your help now.” He tried his puppy eyes effect to me. But he failed, I really can’t see his eyes. They're just too small. But he looks cute trying.

            “PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” I laughed my heart out again. I’m just too comfortable with him around.

            “WHAT?!”

            “Nothing. Don't mind me. I’ll help you. Math, right? What topic?” Please not proving and theorems, I seriously failed that exam. Anything but those, I’m confident to help, I plead him in my mind.

            “Word problems. Eish. This is embarrassing. I always thought this is the easiest when I was in High School but my professor has his other way of thinking. He just make things complicated.”

            “Asa*!” I said with my fist closed. I got good grades there.“Hey, you want to study in the library? It’s not far from here.”

            “Is it okay to study there? Don’t they need I.D. for you to enter?”

            “Oh yes, I forgot. Only students of Seoul University are allowed to enter. Where should we go now?”

            “How about in our dorm? The boys are not there yet. They’ll be back before dinner, no one will disturb us. We can study peacefully.”

            My eyes grew big. Boys’ dorm? 2PM’s dorm? I gulped by just the thought. Only the two of us? Again?


*chingu - friend 

*asa - nice/awsome 

Sorry for not updating. :( And sorry for this boring chapter. I'm such a bad writer. :|

I don't know what to write, to be honest. I'm short of ideas. TT__TT

But on the brighter side, I'll be posting another chapter later evening.

More JunHyo moments there. <3