Chapter 13

Let's Start Anew

 

           ‘One message received,’ my phone said as it vibrates and rings.

*************************************************

                                                Junho:                                                                                                                                                

        AYR906. Text me if you came home safe.

And thanks a lot for today.  I also had fun.

    You never fail to make me laugh. ^^ Take care!

    And say hi to Mr. Lee Sooman for me! Kkkk!~~           

*************************************************

 

            I looked at my side(the taxi’s door) and just what I thought, he texted me the plate number of the taxi I’m riding. Another first time for me and I think it’s sweet when a guy do that. I can’t help but smile to know that he still remember what I said earlier. If only he knows that it was an inside joke between me and my college friends. We use to replace any form of blasphemy with our school Director’s name, Mr. Lee Sooman.

 

*******************************************

                                             Hyoyeon:                                                                   

            Kekekeke. I think I will be home safe    

         since you already scared Mr. Taxi driver

            here. Keke~~. Sure, I will tell that to     

            our PRINCIPAL! ^_~                                  

*******************************************

                SENT!

            The smile on my face could not be removed all throughout the ride. I knew, this is a day I can’t forget.


 

            My whole body aches when I woke up this morning probably because of the dance class yesterday. That must be my punishment for not exercising for a long time. I could lie down on my bed for the whole day if only I don’t have classes. I tried stretching my legs a couple of times to lessen the pain. This is by reaching the floor while sitting on my chair. Ma’am Juri probably taught I’m just getting something I dropped that she would only glance at me then continue with her discussion. Then for real, something dropped, my pen. Did I mention I hated it when my pen drops? The stupid pen doesn’t want to write when it hit something. You have to wiggle it like crazy just for it to work. Oh well, enough of that. I searched for the stupid pen and tried reaching for it while cursing with all the bad words I know in my mind. Finally, I got it!

            “Kim Hyoyeon,” Ma’m Juri called.

            “Here!” I said as I straighten my back after having my pen.

            “Yes. I know you’re here,” she said coldly and looked at the paper she’s holding. I really thought she’s getting our attendance. She should have said she’s not. Hmp.

            “Your partner will be Yoon Doo Joon,” she said smiling at the person in front of me.

            “Excuse me, Ma’am. Partner for what?” I asked her. What’s happening? Did I spaced out that much while looking for my pen?

            “For your thesis, Miss Kim. You have to submit your topic of your research to my email address tonight so I can approve it or not. You already know my e-ad so no need telling again,” she answered me and continued calling out names again.

            Thesis? About what? I was really not listening a while ago. Otoke? I don’t have any idea with our research. Hmmm. I should just ask Doo Joon-shi. Thinking about it, I don’t even know who he is. Maybe he’s this one she smiled at moments ago.

            I patted the shoulder of that man and he quickly turned around. He looks familiar.

            “Are you Yoon Doo Joon?” I asked.

            “I am.” He said, quite in soft voice just for me to hear.

            “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Hyoyeon, you’re thesis partner.”

            “Annyeonghaseyo.” He bowed slightly. “I know who you are. We’re classmate on every class except P.E.” He smiled at me.

            “Chincha? How come I never saw you?”

            “You probably saw me but never looked.” Seriously, he looks familiar but I wonder why I never talked to him before especially he’s in most of my class. He turned to face the board, leaving me there contemplating on every class I had and where his seat was. I think I saw him, once? Twice? Eish. I don’t know.

            “Remember to send me your topic with both of your names this evening. That’s it for now. You may go.” Ma’am Juri announced as most of my classmates fix their things and prepare to go out. I cleaned my own desk and put my books inside my bag. I stood up and felt my phone vibrate.

*******************************************

                                            Junho:

            Hyo, how are you? Your legs must hurt

because of yesterday. Don’t move a lot, okay? BTW,

do you have some time? I need your help. ^^

Please?

*******************************************

 

            I wonder what help he’s asking. I should help him since he did a great favor of letting me dance again. I stood up and start walking while my phone still on my hand, I'm texting a reply back.

 

*******************************************

                                            Hyoyeon:

            It hurts a little but I think it’s okay now.

            Sure, I will help. But what is it about?

     I’ll just have my last class now. Text you later.

*******************************************

 

            I was about to click send when someone pulled my free hand. I was dragged a bit and stumbled with my feet but gained myself together again.

            “What’s your problem?” I said angrily to the person on my side still looking down at my phone. I clicked the send button.

            “Shouldn’t you be thanking me?” He said in a calm voice.

            “And why—” I looked up and saw Doo Joon . He’s still holding my wrist. I let out a cough as a signal for him to let go. And he did.

            “You almost bump a pillar. The pillar might get hurt, you know?” He smirked.

            “Thank you. In behalf of the pillar, thank you,” I said sarcastically and bowed at him. I heard him laugh.

            “I should get going. Bye. Thank you again,” I walked ahead and I can hear he's following me.

            What now? Is he a stalker? He keeps on following me. Scary~~

            I’m just 3 rooms away from my next class so I decided to run for it. Not because I’m late but because I felt uneasy that someone’s behind me.

            “Hyo!” my history seatmate called as I enter the room.

            “Oh. Hi-Lu-na-hh,” I waved my right hand while the other on my chest, catching my breath. I walked to seat next to her.

            “Why are you tired?”

            “I…ran. Someone’s…following me.”

            “Who?”

            “Doo…”

            “Oh Doo Joon’s already here. Hi Doo Joon!” Luna waved to the person who just entered. He looked at us and raised his hand. He smiled at me.

            “Who again?” Luna asked to get back at the topic.

            “Hey, what is he doing here?” Referring to Doo Joon and ignoring her question.

            “He’s our classmate, of course. Why would he be in here if he’s not?”

            He sat down infront of me again just like in our Business Ad subject. So he is my classmate again? Oh yeah, he said that to me. He’s my classmate with every subject. I feel stupid. What’s the point of running? I just wasted my energy. Oh well, I’ll just act like nothing happened. Our instructor arrived already. As promised from our last meeting, we’ll only watch a movie today and have to pass a reaction paper the next day. The movie was boring; it’s about a historian looking for treasures. Time runs slow but I waited patiently, glancing at the clock from time to time.

            Asa! 5 minutes more and I can escape from this boring class, I thought.

            I was startled when my phone began to vibrate again. I took out my phone from my pocket and hide it under the table. It’s Junho again.

 

*******************************************

                                             Junho:

            Hey, I’m here at your school. ^^

It’s fun playing here at your field. 

*******************************************

 

            WHAAAAAAAT?! I yelled on my mind. I stood up from my chair and was about to head out.

            “Excuse me. We can’t see. Hey.” Someone said from the back. I almost forgot, the class hasn’t ended yet.

            “Sorry.” I sat down and calmed myself. I decided to text back.

*******************************************

                                             Hyoyeon:

            Why are you here? My class will end soon.

I’ll meet you there in 5 minutes.

*******************************************

            Someone the lights and the movie ended.

            “Place your reaction paper in a short bond paper, printed. Pass it on Friday. You may go now.” The instructor dismissed us already and that’s my signal. I have to meet Junho. I grabbed my things and walked out of the room like a lightning. I’m already running near the soccer field when someone called my name.

            “Hyoyeon!” I immediately stop to take a look. Maybe I forgot something. But when I turn, I saw Doo Joon also running towards my direction.

            “Hey, I just want to ask what topic you want for our thesis.” He said when he reached my place.

            “Uhmm…Thesis for Business Ad right?”

            “Yes.”

            “Can we do something related to fashion?”

            “We can. Actually that’s a good idea. Almost everyone has interest in that area.”

            He was telling something else but my phone vibrates in my pocket again and I was distracted.

            “Doo Joon-shi, is it okay if we talk about this later? I’ll just have to talk to someone.” I cutted whatever he’s talking about.

            “Oh sure. Should I just get your number so I can call you?”

            “Okay.” He handed me his phone and I put my number.

            “HYOYEON!” someone again is shouting my name. And guess who it is. No other than, Lee Junho. His sweat is dripping while running towards us. I hate to admit this because I really don’t like men who looks dirty but Junho is soooo y and beastly with that look.

            “Hyo, you didn’t tell me you’re here already.” He said as he wipe his sweat from his forehead.

            “Junho?” I was suppose to answer him, but Doo Joon spoke first. How did he know Junho? I asked myself.

            “Doo Joon, what are you doing here?” the other asked.

            Ohhhh. So they really know each other. I just stood there while the two can’t take their eyes from each other.


 

Hello guys. Long chapter here. (:

I introduce another character, Doo Joon. <3 He'll be someone important! :D

Comments are appriciated. Thank you everyone who read this and to my new subscribers,

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY. \:D/