Chapter 12

Let's Start Anew

            Okay. Here’s the thing. I lied to Junho.

             It’s not true that I want to practice the dance he just taught me. It’s just that, I wanted to try something else. I looked around to make sure no one is watching me, not Junho, not any stranger. I went to the corner where the speakers are located. I saw the black classic ipod and grabbed it.

            “Without U, I’ll be Back, Again and Again, Gee,” I browsed the playlist on his ipod.

            “Gee? Ha. Seriously, they dance Gee?” I giggled then ignored it. I continued browsing.

            “What is this? Genie Remix?” Out of curiosity, I played it.

            Not bad, I thought.

            I stood up and positioned myself on the center of the room, facing the huge mirror. I closed my eyes and let the music own me.

            “It’s been a while,” I whispered.

            Suddenly, flashback of my solo stage during our first and last showcase played on my mind. The screams of hundreds of people, the spot light on me, the broad stage where I was standing, I can still remember it all. Unconsciously, my body began to move, answering every beat thrown to me by the music. My muscles contracts and relaxes as I command them to. My lower body moves simultaneously with my upper body. This is my first love, popping.

(A/N: Flashback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtdakFkGiC4&feature=feedlik; KIM HYOYEON, JJANG! :-bd)

            I was breathing hard while smiling and my hand still in the air. The music already stopped but I hold my position. I can barely describe my emotion. I was contented, happy, disappointed and sad at the same time. Contented and happy because I was able to dance and express myself again. Disappointed and sad because I know this is not the place for me, and I could never turn back to what I have chosen. And currently, I’m regretting it. If only…There are so many ifs. My vision became blurry. Tears began to form in my eyes.

            “Hyo?” A voice called, coming to where I was standing. I quickly turned around and wipe my tears.

            “Ne? Oh Junho, you’re back.” I said while clearing all the evidence of me crying.

            “Hey, are you crying?”

            Tsk. Pabo Hyoyeon. Why did you forget that there are mirrors everywhere in this room?

            “No,” still I denied. “You should clean your studio. Some dirt went in my eye. But it’s okay now,” I turned to him and smiled my brightest smile.

            “Water!!!” I cried out and quickly get the bottle his holding. He looked surprised as I gulp every drop of water in it.

            “Ahhhh~ Thank you, Junho. I was really thirsty.”

            “But—“

            “Oh yeah, I will pay for it. Wait a sec.”

            “Huh? But this is your water. So, no need to pay.” He continued and raised another bottle of water from his other hand.

            “Shoot! You mean to tell me, I drank yours?!”

            “Yes. You must be really thirsty for not noticing it’s already half empty.”

            “And you already drank from it?!”

            “Ofcourse. Don’t worry, I’m not sick or something.”

            “But you’re a guy for Lee Sooman’s sake!” I almost shouted. But he just laughed at me while my hands were rubbing my lips, trying to erase the fact that I drank from a bottle where his lips also touched.

            Eish. How can he laugh like that? I know it’s only an indirect kiss, but that was my first kiss! Waa~ Otoke? My precious lips. Otoke~

            Junho was still laughing but manage to control it. He stepped closer to me and put his hands on my shoulder. My eyes grew bigger. What the heck is he doing? I yelled in my mind.

            “Hey, it’s getting late,” He’s using that charismatic voice again. I gulp.

            “So why don’t we finish the dance class while the school is still open?” He turned me around so I was facing the huge mirror again. He quickly went to his ipod, leaving me there again, stunned.

            “The next dance is one of my crew’s routine.” He played an unfamiliar beat and was walking towards me.

            “You should stop doing that.” I said, referring to what he did earlier; when his face was an inch from mine.

            “What?” He stopped from walking.

            “Nothing,” I mumbled. “Just teach me.”


            The routine he taught was no joke. It was more complex than before. The style of the dance was new to me. But it was fun. We laugh and play around in the between the lesson so I didn’t experience any pressure of ‘you-must-learn-this-fast’ feeling. He danced the routine while I watch him, and then danced with me for about three times for me to familiarize with the steps.

            “Try dancing it. I’ll watch.” He sat on the floor and leaned his back to the mirror.

            “Alone?”

            “Yup.”

            “But…I…don’t…”

            “It will be fine. I’ll dance with you later before we go home.” He played the music without my consent. Although I want to protest, but the moment the music was played my body automatically moves. I recalled the steps and just perform it. Then it ended. Junho stood up and clapped his hands while smiling at me.

            “Deabak! You’re dancing skills haven’t change a bit.”

            “Ha! You know how to exaggerate things. You haven’t even seen me dance before.”

            “Ah ye, that’s right.” He scratched his head. I giggled. I’ve been doing that a lot this day.

            “Hyo, you mind dancing again? I’ll take a video of it. I want to have a souvenir of my first dance class.”

            “Sure. But we have to dance together.”

            “No problem. I’ll set the camera.” He said enthusiastically and prepared everything. We danced for the last time with a camera recording us.

            “The lighting is nice. You want to watch?”

            “Okay.” I said. I took a glance outside, it’s getting darker. “Junho, I think I’ll have to go. Let’s just watch that next time. It’s getting darker, I have to be home.”

            “Right now?” He sounded sad.

            “Yes,” I went to my things and began packing.

            “Wait for me. Let’s go together,” and he also went to his bag and packed.

            “Okay. But our dorm is in Gangnam,” we stood up and went out of the studio. Junho turned off the lights and locked the doors.

            “Gangnam? Mine is in the opposite direction. But still, let me send you home.”

            “You don’t have to. It’s okay, I can take care of myself. But you can get me a cab if you want.” I smiled.

            “Oh yes. I should.” We were outside their school. The street lights and the head lights of the cars passing brighten the road.

            “Hyoyeon, here’s the cab.”

            “Thank you! I really had fun today. Thank you for teaching me and letting me dance again.” I bowed and went in.

            “You’re welcome. I wished to dance with you again.” He closed the door for me. He handed the driver some money.

            “Sir, please take her to Gangnam. And please drive carefully.”

            I rolled down the window of the taxi and wave to him as the driver start driving.

            “Take care!!! See you next time, Hyoyeon shi!!” Junho shouted and waved back at me.

            I closed the window with a smile on face. How I wish everyday is like today.



Sorry for the late update. Been busy again with events and stuff.

I made the chapter longer as possible. Is it okay?
Comments are appriciated! <3333333333
***I really love Hyoyeon! She doesn't fail to amaze me especially when she dance! It's jjang!***