Lay Is A Unicorn

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

After changing bus twice, Jang Mi and the boys arrived at Gyeongpo beach. Jang Mi jumped up and down at the sight of beach even before she got off of the bus. Right after her feet touched the ground she ran toward the white sand and spinning around and running along the beach like some old movies where the main characters singing, except this girl was yelling.

Tao’s eyes widened when he saw the blue and white sight he never saw before and ran toward Jang Mi who were now drawing something on the sand. Lu Han smiled when he felt the salty air on his face while Lay busy squatting on the sand wondering why they were white unlike the one he saw in Seoul. Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, Xiumin and Se Hun also run toward the ocean like little kids seeing so many waters for the first time. Kai sulked beside Kris and Su Ho who were admiring the grand sea in front of them.

“I can travel us here in a light speed. Why must we take those slow transportations?” Kai sulked and stomped as the others walked toward their friends who were having fun.

“Just shush it, Kai. We already took them. Do you want to took it back again then come back here with your power?” Su Ho asked him with amused expression.

Kai sighed, defeated. “Fine. But I’m not going back home with those,” he then scoffed and walked toward the water with a pout. Su Ho shook his head and followed him suit.

Jang Mi and Tao were playing like little kids with the wave. She shoved the younger one into the water but then both of them ran away when the waves came back.

“Tao, touch the water…, dip your foot in,” Jang Mi told him, but Tao shook his head and push her closer to the water instead.

“No Lee Jang Mi, you do it first,” he shoved her and ran away.

“Ya! I told you to call me Noona, haven’t I?!” She chased Tao around and they both ended up running from the water again.

“Fine… Noona,” Tao smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Hmm…. You big cutie panda,” she hit Tao’s arm lightly. “This Noona will buy you ice cream, later then.”

“Ice cream?” Se Hun and D.O’s heads turned toward Jang Mi. “Noonaaaa!!!” They called immediately.

Jang Mi laughed as the two boys attacked her for ice cream. Se Hun jumping up and down excitedly. He had tasted ice cream once when Jang Mi brought home a bucket of ice cream to release her stress. He loved how heavenly cold the ice cream was when he nibbled his spoon. He loved that cold thing and he wanted it again.

“Okay, okay, later… my dongsaengs,” Jang Mi nodded and she patted the tall Se Hun’s head. “You, magnae… remind this Noona later, okay?”

“Okay, Noona!” Se Hun saluted her and grinned widely before he ran back with D.O to play again.

“What about us? Aren’t you going to buy us ice cream too?” Lu Han and Lay came and smiled widely to her.

Jang Mi made a face at them. “No, it’s Oppas that supposed to buy stuff for their dongsaeng. Merong~,” she stuck her tongue at them.

Lu Han chuckled and moved toward her, “Buy us ice cream or else,” Jang Mi moved back, still making faces at Lu Han and Lay when she felt water on her bare feet, but she kept moving back.

“I won’t… meeerooong~,” she tried to runaway but the boys trapped her.

“Buy us ice cream too!” Lay demanded, not giving her a space to run to the dry land.

“I won’t… Omo! Noooo!!!” She screamed when Lu Han lifted her up easily and brought her to the deeper part of the beach. “Nooo! Please… Lu Han!”

“Call me Oppa and buy me ice cream!” He demanded, slightly loosening his hold on her while Lay laughed at the scene.

“That doesn’t even synchronize. You have to be my dongsaeng to get ice cream and if you want me to call you Oppa that means you won’t get any ice cream,” she snickered… Lu Han raised an eye brow and loosen his grip on her again. “Please! No!” She shrieked when she almost touch the water.

“Oppa… and ice cream. Both,” Lu Han stated with a firm tone.

She clutched to Lu Han’s neck tightly, looking fearfully at the water. “Choose one! You can’t get both!” She kept holding on her words.

“Oppa and ice cream,” Lu Han said again, this time with a devilish smirk on his angelic face. He loosened his grip on Jang Mi’s body until her feet touched the water.

“Oppa! Lu Han Oppa! I’ll buy you ice cream!” She finally gave up. Lu Han laughed out loud at his winning along with Lay and the other boys. “Now let me down, Xi Lu Han!”

Lu Han gave her that devilish smirk again. “I don’t hear the magic word…”

“Please…,” she begged as her eyes getting wider behind the lenses. Lu Han raised both of his brows. “… Oppa.”

He finally gave her that angelic smile again and let her down. But Chan Yeol and Chen, who thought it was no fun just letting her go went to the shore and took Jang Mi. Chan Yeol held her arms while Chen holding her feet.

“Aaaaccckkkk! Boys! Boys! Let’s call it truce! Don’t do it! I don’t bring other clothes. Please! We’re friends of the same age, right? Let me down… doooownnn!!!” She screamed when the boys brought her deeper into the water.

“Buy us ice cream too,” Chen said.

“I will… I will, I promise,” she nodded vigorously.

“Okay… we’ll let you… Go!” Chen Yeol and Chen threw her into the water and her head did not show up for a few second until finally she gasped for air.

“Chan Yeoool!!! Cheeenn!!!” She screamed out while the boys ran out laughing maniacally away, leaving her looking right and left like she was lost. Lu Han and Lay laughed from the shore while Jang Mi got to the deeper part. “I can’t see…,” she mumbled. “Where’s my glasses? Oh God….”

Lu Han frowned when he saw Jang Mi moved to the deeper part of the water. “Jang Mi! Come back!” he called her out. “We’re sorry… come back!”

“Where?” Jang Mi shouted back at the sea. “I can’t see…,” she shuddered at the blur blue and white in front of her.

“Jang Mi? Jang Mi!!! Here!” Lu Han caught Jang Mi’s scared mind and he quickly ran into the water toward Jang Mi, who get deeper and deeper into the water. “Stop! Stop moving!!! Stop there! I’m coming to you!”

“What is it?” Kris looked alarmed when he saw Lu Han dived in to the water toward Jang Mi.

Lay shook his head, also looking rigid when he saw Jang Mi almost get swallowed by the waves. “I think Lee Jang Mi is in danger.”

Lu Han used his power to pull Jang Mi toward him when she almost drown and circled his arm oh her waist. “I got you… I got you. Don’t worry. I’m here.”

“Lu Han? Lu Han… Oh God, thank you,” Jang Mi clutched herself to Lu Han as he lifted her and walked toward the shore.

“Lee Jang Mi! Lu Han!” The boys gathered around them when they arrived at the shore. Jang Mi shivered in Lu Han’s arm, not willing to let go when he finally set her on the ground.

“Lee Jang Mi… we’re sorry. We don’t know…,” Chan Yeol started.

Jang Mi shook her head and buried her face to Lu Han’s shoulder. “I can’t see… I can’t see…,” she mumbled and not long after, she started to cry. “I can’t see… I’m scared.”

The boys looked at each other, looking worried. Chan Yeol and Chen looked guilty as they tried to apologize. But Jang Mi refused to show her face to neither of them. Lu Han his hand on her back to calm her down.

“She must have lost those spectacles when Chan Yeol and Chen threw her,” Se Hun touched Jang Mi’s shoulder as she sobbed on Lu Han’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry…,” Chen looked down and Chan Yeol bit his lower lip not dare looking at anyone.

“Lay… can you?” Lu Han looked at Lay hopefully.

Lay nodded. “I can try.”

Lay tried to tug Jang Mi from Lu Han’s arm but Jang Mi would not budge, she clutched harder to his neck. “It’s okay, Jang Mi. Lay wants to help,” Lu Han soothe her and she released her grip on him slowly.

She raised her eyes to meet Lu Han gaze which in her vision was blurry bright brown and beige with blue sky as background. Lu Han gaped a little when he saw those clear brown marbles of her eyes. He had never seen her eyes without spectacles before since she never let those things go except for sleeping and shower. She was actually rather pretty.

“Are you sure?” She asked him with teary eyes. He nodded. She turned her head to see Lay but she faced Se Hun who was squatting next to her and Lu Han. “Okay, Lay….”

“Noona, it’s Se Hun,” Se Hun said sadly.

She closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. “I’m sorry Se Hun. I can’t see your face.”

“It’s okay. Lay Hyung, please help,” Se Hun nodded to Lay and Lay nodded back.

Lay reached for Jang Mi’s hand, “it won’t be hurt. I promise,” he said and Jang Mi nodded. He covered Jang Mi’s eyes with his palm and he closed his own eyes. Jang Mi felt a little cold on her eyes for a long minute before Lay let go of his hand.

Jang Mi opened her eyes and blinked a few times. She faced the boys who were wondering how she was doing now. Her eyes became watery again and the boys started to look at each other worriedly. Lay cursed inwardly and looked down.

Jang Mi went on her knees and hugged Lay immediately. “Thank you… I never see clearer than now. You’re amazing, Lay.”