Rose And Baby's Breath

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

After making up identities of the boys all night, they went to the café the next morning. Mr. Yoo, the bookstore and café owner’s eyes lit up when he saw the good looking guys. It even almost in flame when Jang Mi told him that the boys wanted to apply for job in the café. Without any second thoughts he hired them.

Mr. Yoo crept slowly and stood next to Jang Mi while the boys went around the café, starting to get themselves familiarized with their surroundings. He bent down and whispered, “You just brought me a fortune. I’ll reward you later, Jang Mi-ssi.”

“How are they a fortune?” Jang Mi tilted her head at the fussy boys who were scatter around the café taking things and observing them.

Mr. Yoo chuckled. “They’re good looking. I can have my own Coffee Prince Shop if my workers looking like this. There will be a mountain of girls wants to get some glimpse of them,” he whispered again.

“Ah… Mr. Yoo and his drama madness,” Jang Mi shook her head, clearly amused by her boss.

“I mean, just look at them… they’re basically Idols. Like Super Junior… even one of them looks like Choi Si Won,” he pointed at Su Ho who was standing next to an espresso maker and inhaling aroma of the espresso before trying to drink a sip and quickly went to the sink to spit the bitter liquid.

“I bet Choi Si Won doesn’t spit up his espresso after a sip,” she eyed Mr. Yoo who rubbed his temple. “They’re not familiar with coffee… you need to teach them,” she whispered to Mr. Yoo playfully.

“What kind of person is not familiar with coffee? You have to come from outer space if you’re not familiar with coffee,” he humphed.

Jang Mi fidgeted at the word ‘outer space’. Was the coffee going to give away the boys identities? “They just don’t drink them a lot, I think….” She tried to make up a lie again.

“Fine…,” Mr. Yoo let out a sigh and walked over to Lay, who was drawing on Cappuccino like Picasso… abstract.

Jang Mi let out a sigh and stalked toward the stairs and went back to book store, leaving the boys with their new boss. She was opening some new books when Lu Han showed up on the top of stairs.

“Lee Jang Mi…,” he flashed that bright smile again.

Jang Mi looked up at him and smiled back. “What is it?”

“Mr. Yoo told me that I should go and fetch some flower for the café. But I don’t know where to. And I don’t even know how the flowers look like,” he sighed and stepped down the stairs toward Jang Mi. “Can you take me there?”

“Sure…, let’s go.” She took off her uniform apron and went outside with Lu Han.

They were walking on the small street toward the florist shop and a question popped out in Jang Mi’s mind.

“Lu Han… how do your planet looks like?” She asked curiously.

Lu Han looked at her and smiled sadly, “Now… it’s not it it’s best shape. There is no place to inhale a fresh air. You have to wear masks if you want to go outside,” he sighed. “Well, maybe… about a few thousand years ago, it looks like this place,” he said as he looked around the street they walked on. The street was pretty, with small shops and restaurant along the sides complete with nicely grown ivy and flowers in front of the windows with some small trees around. It brought a calming and comfortable feeling to everyone who was walking on the street. “Beautiful small houses, trees on some part of the city, no flying transportation, no flying people, no sickening black fog….”

“W… wait. Did you just say flying transportation? Flying people…?” Jang Mi turned pale.

“Yes… Like Captain Kris. His whole family can do that too,” he nodded, acknowledging Jang Mi’s statement.

“Oh yeah, right… I forgot the fact that one of you can fly…,” she shuddered.

Lu Han chuckled and looked at her with friendly smile. “You don’t need to be afraid of us. We don’t come here to hurt anybody. Especially you… after all you did for us.”

Jang Mi felt herself blushed. “I did nothing… and I’m not afraid. It’s just… shocking. Like you guys just come into my life and started to draw graffiti into my plain walls. It’s somehow disturbing.” She circled her arms around herself, like protecting herself from whatever that may come and change her life.

“But you don’t hate us,” Lu Han winked and she just laughed.

“No… I don’t hate you,” she nudged Lu Han with her side while giggled and Lu Han nudged her back.

“We’re friends, right?” Lu Han smiled brightly again.

Jang Mi nodded, thinking that nothing was wrong with making new friends, alien or not. “Friends…, yeah. I’m friends with you, Alien guy.” She grinned before Lu Han nudged her again. She stopped walking, and entered a small florist shop, “Here we are….”

Lu Han’s smile dropped and now his mouth opened in awe. He looked at the flower shop with big eyes and almost tripped when he stepped into the shop. His step was glued on the first moment he entered the shop. The colors of the flower mesmerized him and he could not stop looking around, trying to capture the whole beauty with his eyes. He came closer to the closest flower to him, a rose. He touched a petal of the rose and took the flower in his hand. He put the beautiful flower closer to his face and startled when he smelled the sweet scent of the red flower. He took the flower closer to his nose and inhaled a deep breath. He beamed at the scent of the rose and looked up to find Jang Mi, who was busy looking for flowers for the shop.

“Lee Jang Mi!” He rushed to her side and the rose to her.

“What?” Jang Mi looked at the flower and then his beamed face, utterly confused.

“This… plant! It smelled so great. And it’s so beautiful. What is it?”

Jang Mi chuckled at her new friend’s innocence. “That’s a flower. It’s called Jang Mi….”

“Jang Mi? Are you saying this is you?” Lu Han frowned at looked back and forward to the girl in front of him and the flower he held.

“No, silly,” she laughed. “I’m named after this flower. This flower called Jang Mi, and I’m named Jang Mi because my Mother loves this flower,” she took the flower and smelled it. “Don’t you think it’s a beauty?”

“The flower or you?” Lu Han asked innocently, taking the rose back from her and brushed her hand in process.

Jang Mi quickly dropped her hand, “The flower of course,” Jang Mi rolled her eyes. “It will be an obvious lie if you say I’m a beauty.”

“But I think you’re a beauty too,” Lu Han the rose to her again. “You’re a Jang Mi too… like this Jang Mi.”

“Liiiaaarrrr….,” Jang Mi rolled her eyes again, not believing any of the boy’s word since she was rarely been praised and that kind of praise was a joke to her. She turned back and fetched a flower. “Ok, let’s forget about that one. How about Freesia for the café? Or Cosmos? Oh they don’t have Cosmoses… The Carnations are pretty. I love tulip too though.” She held up a fully bloomed Carnation and eyed for the pink tulips next to her longingly.

“But I want Jang Mi for the café, it will look beautiful…. Although all of the flowers are equally beautiful. How do you make them?” Lu Han suddenly looked excited.

Jang Mi chuckled. “You grow them. I’ll show you later. Now, are you sure you want these roses for the shop? It’s a little expensive, you know?” She eyed the rose in Lu Han’s hand and thinking about the budget for flowers that Mr. Yoo had spare.

Lu Han sniffed the rose once again and beamed again at Jang Mi. She sighed and gave up. “Fine, roses. And… some Baby’s Breath?” She took a stalk of Baby’s Breath and looked at Lu Han. A smile appeared when she compared the fluffy flower with the boy in front of her. “You look like them.”

“What do you mean?” Lu Han tilted his head in confusion, he thought he looked nothing like the small skinny looking stalk of flower.

“This Baby’s Breath… they’re pretty. Like you. And… since you smile all the time, I guess the meaning fits you well. Happiness,” Jang Mi smiled at the flower.

Lu Han smiled wider hearing her praise for his look compared to the flower. “What does Jang Mi means then?” he handed the red rose to her.

“Love…,” she smiled as she took the rose from him.

Lu Han smiled softly at Jang Mi’s smile. She felt his gaze on her and looked at him with an eyebrow lifted. He beamed again.  “Then we’ll take them both, right? Our flowers. Love and happiness at once. Your flower and my flower.”

“Our flowers? You’re saying it as if we’re lovers… we’re just here to take flowers for the shop,” Jang Mi turned to hid her blush.

Lu Han sneaked and stood in front of her again, he did not see the girl’s blush. “But we’re taking the flowers, right? Please…,” he begged.

“Fine… fine…, Roses and Baby’s Breath it is,” she sighed and headed to the florist for the bouquets of flowers.

Lu Han broke into a big grin. “Love and Happiness… I love it.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm sorry, but I changed the font (again) since the last font hurt my eyes, EXOticInspirit, please tell me if you want me to change the font for the next chapter haha~