Dugeun Dugeun

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

The plate on the laundry room’s door that was blinking red and green, turned bright green. With staggering steps Jang Mi walked toward the door and holding her hands for not to tremble she reached out for the door knob and turned it open. As if it was a dream that came into reality, the wide white room appeared before her, complete with twelve boys looking at her with startled expression.

“We’re saved!” Chan Yeol screamed and jumped down from his bunk.

She let out a shaky relieved breath and fell down on the floor again and started to cry out of relieve. The boys are there. They were safe and sound. She sobbed harder.

Lu Han beamed and came half running toward her. He fell to his knees and hugged her tightly. “You came! I thought we’re going to die in this room.”

“I thought you guys left without bidding me a goodbye,” she sobbed into Lu Han’s chest and hugged him back. Lu Han chuckled on her ear and she laughed back.

Kris went oven and chuckled. He patted Jang Mi’s head as she looked up to meet his gaze. Kris smiled a genuine smile. “Thank you for saving us,” he said. Jang Mi with eye still filled with tears and still being hold by Lu Han laughed as Lay also came over and patted her head.

***

Jang Mi couldn’t focus on her lesson the next morning. All she could think about was the boys. The feeling she felt when she thought they were gone. It was like a hollow in her heart. She knew she should not have felt that feeling. She knew they will be gone eventually. She knew they have to come back from wherever they come from. She couldn’t hope they will live in her life forever. They come to Earth for a clear reason. To learn. They now have learnt a lot of things. They know how to grow trees. They know how to take care of them. They know what is there needed for those trees to grow. There are only a few more things they need to do for their research. But when it over what will happen?

The thought of living alone in that small apartment after the loud two weeks seemed so distance. She used to live by her own. But now, the thought sounds so lonely. There would be no one to beg for food or to ask of how things could happen the way it happened. There would be no pat on the head. There would be no bickering. No snickers, no laughter, no screams. Lonely.

Kris’s smart but annoying remarks would be the one she missed. Lay’s gentleness and power is something that no one could replace. Chan Yeol and Chen’s pranks would also something to miss. Baek Hyun’s smile which turned into smirks that means he was thinking something evil was hateful, she’ll miss that. DO’s amazing weird cooking, Xiumin’s iced coffee without ice, Sehun’s bubble tea, Kai’s ghostly sudden appearance, Suho’s laughter, and Tao’s tough cuteness.  She will miss all that. But mostly, although she tried hard not to, she will miss Lu Han the most. Lu Han’s smile, Lu Han’s laugh, Lu Han’s sweet words… and Lu Han’s touch.

She remembered the fluttering feeling she got all over her body when Lu Han’s arms wrapped around her as he hugged her. Their touching skins sent electric feelings all around her body. His smell filled her nostrils when he pressed her body tighter and buried her face to his neck. The feeling made her relax and it felt like she was on the right place. There, in his arm of all places, she felt belong.

“The class end here,” The professor’s voice snapped her out her thought. She had passed this hour without even remembered what the lesson was about.  She was not in her right mind.

She packed her stuff back into her backpack while her classmates whisking and started their loud conversation as they walked toward the door. She sighed as she cling her backpack on her shoulder and walked outside slumpily. The usually loud corridor seemed to mute as her mind flew to her earlier thoughts.

That feeling felt so right when she knew that it was wrong. Lu Han was an alien. He did not belong in her world. There should be no feelings between a human and an alien. Because when the feeling created… it would come to an end. A bitter one. It would never last. She knew that.

She knew that. But yet… she’s afraid that she already formed some feeling for the sweet alien boy.

She let out a loud sighed as she walked toward her next class. She thought of Lu Han again. She could not give herself a hope. Lu Han will leave eventually. She didn’t want the feeling to grow too big. It would be really hard later. And if Lu Han knows… he would probably think of it as a silly thing. An Earthling… fell for him. He off all people would know that it couldn’t last. She couldn’t risk that the boy might know her feeling. And the worst thing was the boy can read mind. It would be a hard hide. She sighed again.

“Yah, Lee Jang Mi,” a hand clung on her am and when she looked up it was Yoon Hee, looking at her with a confused expression. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Are you sick?” Sung Hyo appeared at her other side.

Jang Mi gave them a small smile. “I’m okay… there’s just a lot of thing in my mind,” she sighed again.

Sung Hyo frowned. “Okay, those sighs are not a good sign. You’ve got to tell me what happen,” she held Jang Mi’s hand and made her stops.

Yoon Hee smiled at her, “is it boy probleeem? Have you grown feelings for one of them?” she shot the bullseye.

Jang Mi let out an exasperated moan and released herself from her friends grip and walked ahead of them with stomps.

“I was right! Oh my God…,” Yoon Hee quickly followed her and now speed walking on her side followed by Sung Hyo on the other side. “Don’t tell me you fell for Kris! Please don’t.” she pleaded.

She stopped of her walk suddenly and the other two stopped abruptly. “Why would I fall for that stupid Kris of all people?”

“Because he’s handsome?” Sung Hyo answered.

“And tall…,” Yoon Hee sighed dreamily.

“I would say Chan Yeol is a thousand times better than him,” she humped and walked again.

“So, it was Chan Yeol?” Yoon Hee followed suit.

Jang Mi stopped again and glared at Yoon Hee. “It was not that giant and stop following me,” she moved again.

“Could it be Lu Han?” she immediately stopped when she heard Sung Hyo’s question. “I mean you’re quite close with him.”

“It is him….,” she heard Yoon Hee’s gasped behind her. “Oh, Jang Mi. You’re so easy to read.” She chuckled heartily.

She quickly turned to them and put her hands on Yoon Hee and shook her. “Do you think he’ll notice? I can’t risk for him to notice.”

“Why? Aren’t you supposed to want him to notice?”  Yoon Hee frowned.

Jang Mi took hands fell on her sides and she sighed and looked down. “I don’t want to give myself hope when I know it would not last forever.” She turn on her heels and walked away from the dumfounded girls.

Sung Hyo turned to Yoon Hee and shook her head. “I think she’s sick.”

“Love sickness.” Yoon Hee nodded. “A weird one.”