The Short Journey To Seoul

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

It was intense. Jang Mi stared at the group of odd silver clothed boys in front of her. She looked each of them wide eyed. Under the streetlight she finally saw their faces. A group of beautiful faced boys stood in front of her. A group of boys that just travelled from Jinju with her within a blink of eye. A group that just less than an hour ago landed on a mountain in Jinju with spiky meteor they called their space ship. A group of boys that driving Jang Mi crazy.

The first boy, who Jang Mi finally able to see how his face looked like came to her. The boy was definitely an ulzzang, ask anyone, they would agree in the first second. He was so pretty that any girl will get envious of his fair face. “We are…,” he started to talk.

“No, wait… wait…,” Jang Mi, dizzy and confused, did not have a mind about pretty boys. She was terrified out of her wits too many times tonight, she was sick of it. “I don’t want to hear anything. You can go now, and leave me alone. You may go back to your house, apartment, mothership… whatever! Just leave me alone and I’ll tell no one about this… this crazy night!”

“But…,” the boy was going to say something but Jang Mi quickly bowed deeply to them.

“Good bye,” she said and turned back to her apartment gate.

She shrieked when Kai appeared blocking her way out of thin air. “You need to listen to us.” He said and escorted her back to his friends.

“I don’t want to listen to anything… I’ve had enough…,” she told Kai, grimacing her face, begging for him to release her.

“We need to explain to you who we are and why we come here,” the first boy said when she finally stood in front of him again.

“Not here, not safe,” said the leader, who as Jang Mi can see now, was a boy with handsome face, and was blond even though his face was Asian.

“We need a place,” another boy behind the leader said, looking at the leader.

The leader nodded and looked at Jang Mi, “We need a place to talk. And stay…,” he finished.

“Wh.. What? What stay? If you need a place to stay you need to go home! Don’t look at me like that!” She widened her eyes, looking back bravely to the leader.

“Lee Jang Mi, we need a place to stay while we’re on Earth,” the first boy cut in, breaking the staring contest between Jang Mi and the leader.

Jang Mi’s eyes snapped to the boy. “How do you know my name?” She did not remember mentioning her name to any of them.

“I can read your mind. And no… I’m not crazy,” he answered to Jang Mi’s unspeakable ‘are you out of your mind?’ question.

“Then I am the one who is crazy here…,” she shook her head and hit her head with her fist.

“What are you doing?” The boy held her fist from touching her head again. “You’ll break your brain cells,” he said in worriedly.

“Oh great, I still have brain cells…,” she said sarcastically.

She looked at the pretty boy, he looked genuinely worried then she looked at the leader and the other boys who looked around nervously.

“Fine….,” she stomped. “Come in,” she walked into her apartment building followed by the boys.

She pressed the elevator’s up button before turned around to the boys and said, “This elevator only fit for 12 people, and there’s 13 of us. I think one of you should wait for it to come back down,” she reminded them.

“No need to,” Kai smirked at her and disappeared again, sending a jolt of shock to her heart.

“I… just want to go to my bed and sleep, and when I wake up the next morning this all are just a bad dream,” she stared at the empty space where Kai was standing a few seconds ago.

A fluffy looking boy who stood behind the first boy chuckled. “Me too,” He muttered and send a reassuring smile to her and she let out a sigh.

The elevator clang and all of them got in. Jang Mi managed to press button number 3 before she got pushed to the back of the elevator and stuck between the leader and first boy.

“This thing is slow,” said the rabbit boy.

“Super…,” answered the lightning boy.

The elevator’s door opened and Jang Mi pushed her way out and the boy followed behind. She walked to her apartment, and pushed the secret code, eyeing the first boy since she was told he can read mind.

“I’m not telling anyone your key’s code,” he answered her suspicious mind-question.

“Stop reading my mind…, that’s creepy,” she told him as she opened the door wide, revealing her small apartment. There was just one bed room, a TV room, a place to do laundry, a kitchen and a bathroom inside. Big enough for her alone, but not for 11 tall boys…. 12, Kai suddenly popped up on the front door.

“I was lost,” he grinned sheepishly. “No one told me where the room was,” he tried to defend himself.

“Aren’t you all mind readers? You should’ve read my mind before darted off, right?” she asked, taking off her jacket and threw it into the laundry basket while the boys tried to find a good seating.

“No… not really. Han is the only one who can,” the leader pointed at the first boy who smiled brightly at her again.

“So, your name is Han, eh?” She said and sat on the floor while the boys occupied all her sofas. The ones who didn’t get sofas like Kai, the first boy, the rabbit boy, the flame boy, the big scary boy and the youngest boy followed her lead and sat on the floor.

“It’s Lu Han,” he nodded agreeing.

“Lu Han? Sounds like Chinese, are you guys came from China?” She asked curiously.

“No, we didn’t come from any country. We came from another planet outside your solar system, Lee Jang Mi,” he answered with serious face.

The was silent before Jang Mi cracked a nervous laugh. “Ah… ahahaha… you’re great at joking. Not funny,” Jang Mi crossed her arms.

The boys looked at each other. Lu Han looked straight to Jang Mi’s eyes and started explaining.

“Lee Jang Mi, we came from a planet that you have never heard before. We called it planet Exo. It located a few million light years away from Earth, on the other solar system on another Galaxy. We traveled to Earth to learn about how to create live in our planet,” he explained carefully.

“Why?”

“Because our planet is dying.”