Bacon is Baek Hyun, I'm Kris.... Wu.

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

“Planet… Exo?” Yoon Hee asked confusedly.

“Ahahaha….,” Jang Mi quickly pulled Yoon Hee down to sit next to her, along with Sung Hyo. “They said that a lot. It’s a club in a place they came from. And they came from…,” Jang Mi looked around and her eyes landed on Lu Han. “China! They came from China! You guys came from China, right?!” She glared at all the boys.

They quickly nodded. “Yes China…,” Kris said half heartedly, trying to cope on with the lies.

“This one’s name is Lu Han…. Xi (sounded like Ssi, Korean’s way to say Mr.). Xi Lu Han…,” She eyed Lu Han with a look, begging him to understand what she was trying to say.

“Yes… hi, I’m Xi Lu Han,” Lu Han offered his hand to the two girls after he decided it’s much to frustrating to catch what Jang Mi wanted just by eye connection, he read her mind again. “We came from China… Beijing.” He said again after Jang Mi screamed the country’s capital name in her mind.

Jang Mi sighed in relief, “And the others are…, where the hell did they go?” All the boys had scattered all around the cafeteria, fell for the juices that other girls offered them.

Kai, Xiumin, Chen and Su Ho sat on the other side of cafeteria, with a bunch of girls flirting on them. Lay and Tao sat right behind Kris who still engaged on Jang Mi’s lies about their identity. Se Hun with D.O, Bacon and Chan Yeol were busy with food that the girls gave them not far away from Jang Mi’s table.

Jang Mi pulled Lu Han and whispered to him. “Can you… you know, like send telepathy to them and tell them to lie about where you come from. I know it’s inconvenience. But if people here know that you guys don’t come from this planet, there will be bad thing happen. Please.”

Lu Han smiled. “They already know, don’t worry.”

“Great… great,” she sighed and sent back a small smile to Lu Han. “Thanks… reading mind is convenient, eh?”

“Not all the time. You don’t want to know what people do inside a toilet sometimes,” he grinned and Jang Mi laughed.

“No you don’t,” she laughed. They’re not all too bad, Jang Mi said to herself when she looked around and saw the boys laughed with her fellow collage friends, blending around. Not at all.

***

Jang Mi massaged her temple as she sat on her sofa and all the boys were sitting on the floor. Except for Kris, who took his place on the other sofa with grand, refusing to sit on the floor. Since Jang Mi’s glare didn’t work for Kris as it worked for the other boys, she could not force the captain to do as her wish.

“Listen…,” Jang Mi said to her audience. “You guys cannot just take stuff from random places. You have to pay for the stuff and to get money to pay those stuffs you need to work. That’s how you do things around here. You can’t just go around taking stuffs… that’s stealing. Like those clothes you’re wearing.”

All of them looked at Kai from the corner of their eyes. Kai shifted uncomfortably at his place and mumbled, “I’m sorry.”

“Let’s forget it this once. I already went to the store where Kai took the clothes from and paid it… Just don’t do it again,” Jang Mi sighed, remembering how much money she took from her account.

All the boys nodded at one.

“You said we need to work to get money? How?” Kris asked.

“Well, I worked part time at a bookshop. Money from my parents sometimes doesn’t close up what I need, so I need to work…, ah…,” a thought came to her mind and her eyes lit up, “Maybe you guys can help. We’re sort of people at the café.”

Jang Mi worked at a bookshop which was merged with a café on the second floor of the bookshop. So, a customer can buy a book and enjoy reading it on the café. But the café is now sort of helper, a few helpers quit at once for various reasons, so Jang Mi has to help at both the bookshop and café. It made her exhausted sometimes, remembering how weak she was. Idea of the boys helping the café made her excited.

“Good.” Kris nodded. “We will work.”

“Yes…,” Jang Mi grinned excitedly. “But we need to make identity for you first. I mean… some of your names sound weird… Like Bacon…,” she eyed Bacon apologetically.

Bacon waved his hand in a nonchalantly manner. “I have a new name now, I’m Baek Hyun,” he grinned widely. Jang Mi raised her brow questioningly. “The girls from earlier asked me what my name was and when I said Bacon, they laughed,” he puffed his cheek and pout at the memory of girls laughing at his name, “I think they misheard Bacon as Baek Hyun and I get Baek Hyun as my name. They even asked about family name… and suddenly I became Byun Baek Hyun out of nowhere.” He shrugged.

“I became Park Chan Yeol,” Chan Yeol grinned. “I like it, Park Chan Yeol.” He said proudly.

“I’m Oh Se Hun,” Se Hun grinned and did a high five with Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol.

These three sat together at cafeteria this afternoon with… Jang Mi eyed D.O. “Do… Kyung Soo,” he said with a sheepish smile.

“Suits you well, Do Kyung Soo-ssi,” Jang Mi smiled. “I didn’t know my school mates are good at making names. They sure helped a lot.” She laughed and now looked at the other boys, at Kai to be exact. “How about you?”

“I’m Kim Jong In,” he grinned. “They said Kai sounded like Japanese… I didn’t even know what that means.”

“Kim Jong Dae,” Chen grinned widely.

“Kim Joon Myeon,” Su Ho smiled.

“Kim Min Seok,” Xiumin nodded.

“Why all of you are Kim?” Se Hun asked curiously.

“All of the girls that sat with us earlier called themselves Kim… so we thought everyone supposed to be a Kim. That’s how it went,” Su Ho explained with a pout.

“It’s okay,” Jang Mi smiled at them. “Kim is a really common name at Korea. Same as Lee… like me. There are thousands of people named Lee and they’re not even related to each other. So yeah… Kim is cool. How about you guys?” Now she asked Lay and Tao.

“Uhh…,” Lay scratched his head. “We heard you said we came from China… and Lu Han is called Xi Lu Han?” he peered at Lu Han who quickly nodded, “So, I and Tao made up some Chinese name.”

“Hi, I’m Huang Zi Tao,” Tao smiled sheepishly and raised his hand like an elementary school student.

“And I’m Zhang Yi Xing,” Lay covered his face with one hand.

“Awesome!” Jang Mi clapped her hands. “We also have Xi Lu Han…,” Jang Mi smiled at Lu Han who smiled back…, “and what is yours, Captain?”

“I’m staying with Kris…,” the captain said nonchalantly. Jang Mi stared at him intensely.  “…Wu. Kris Wu.”