Baby, Don't Cry

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

After that being-hit-by-the-truck sensation hit her again on account of Kai’s teleportation, Jang Mi slowly opened her eyes and looked around to the darkness around her. It was really dark outside, but she still could see the silhouette of trees and saw the stars shining brightly above her. She looked at Lu Han, but darkness covered around them and she couldn’t make the boy’s expression.

All twelve of them walked silently toward a direction between the trees in the wood, while Lu Han still taking Jang Mi in his arms. Jang Mi held to Lu Han’s neck tighter, she somehow has a bad feeling about what will happen next, worse than when she was being kidnapped.

“Where are we going?” she asked Lu Han in whisper.

“To safety,” Lu Han answered with restrained voice.

Something was wrong with Lu Han’s voice. It was not like his usual way of talking. Jang Mi still couldn’t see his face in the dark, so she just kept quite.

A few minutes later they stepped into a clearing. In the middle of that wood, there was a circle clearing full of grasses. Jang Mi looked around the clearing, faint glows of half moon brighten the clearing and she recognized the place.

She quickly looked back at Lu Han who was staring at her silently. “Lu Han, this….” Her eyes wide open in recognition.

“This is the place where we met for the first time,” he replied her.

“Why?” her heart drummed fast, she doesn’t want to believe in what she believed would happen.

“We…,” Lu Han gulped and closed his eyes.

No…

“We’re leaving. We’re going home,” Kris answered behind him.

“Nooo! No! No! No!” She screamed in the middle of the clearing. “No! Lu Han tell me it’s a prank that you guys playing on me?! Please? Tell me it’s a joke!” She shook on Lu Han hard.

Lu Han looked away, unable to answer her.

“Lu Han?” Jang Mi looked at him in disbelieve, her eyes went wide. “No…,” She bit her lower lip and held a sob. She looked around and all the boys were refusing to meet eyes with her. “Put me down…,” she told Lu Han when Tao closed his eyes on her and looked away. Lu Han did not move a muscle. “PUT ME DOWN, XI LU HAN! PUT ME DOWN!”

Lu Han lowered himself and Jang Mi briskly released herself from him and moved away from all of them, crippling.  

Lay moved forward toward her.  “Let me just….”

“No! Don’t come any closer! Don’t touch me!” She yelled at him. “All of you!” She pointed at them, and no one dared to move. She fell back to the ground and started to sob loudly.

Se Hun moved to her and sat in front of her. “Noona… stop crying, please.” He begged while reaching for her hand that she pushed away.

“Don’t touch me, Oh Se Hun! Go away! Aren’t you guys wanted to leave already?! Go! Go! Leave me here and don’t ever come back!” She pushed Se Hun away and cried harder while the anger made her yell and yell uncontrollably.

“Noona… please,” Se Hun caught her hands and stopped her from pushing him away.

She stared at Se Hun with blurry eyes and made out the little boy’s expression. He was also sad, he was also reluctant to leave. As all the other boys stood there silently, not trying to make their way out of the planet as quick as possible.

“Hun-ah… don’t leave. Please…,” she held on to Se Hun’s sleeve and not wanting to let him go.

“I don’t want to,” Se Hun started to cry. “But we have to go.”

“Noo… no. Please. Don’t leave me alone. Please,” she begged at him and her eyes went to find Kris. “Kris… captain Kris. Please. I beg you.”

Kris looked down and moved away from his group. He pulled out something from his pocket and scanned it with the tablet. A huge blue and purplish meteor appeared right in front of them. Their spaceship.

Jang Mi wailed loudly when the spaceship began to open its door and shook her head violently. She pushed Se Hun away that the boy landed on his bottom. She cried harder and covered her face with both of his hand.

Lay sighed and made his way toward Jang Mi. He did not say a thing. He just reached out and took Jang Mi’s hands from her face and cupped her face in his hands. He stared at her and gave her a small smile, trying not to break down himself.  “I will never forget you, Lee Jang Mi,” he whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Warmth fill Jang Mi’s body when Lay’s lips touched her forehead, she closed her eyes and felt her body became lighted and all her pain gone. Lay let go of her and wiped her tear stained cheek. “You’ll be fine.” He told her before he stood up and walked toward the spaceship, without looking back. Jang Mi looked at her wounded leg, which was completely healed. She held up a sob and watched Lay’s back moved away and gone among the light.

Xiumin walked up to her and gave her a lopsided smile. “I’m sorry,” the boy said. A tear fell on Jang Mi’s cheek, he wiped it and held the tear in his hand, he opened his palm and the tear has turned into a snowflake. “Don’t cry, you’re making it snow.” He gave her a grin and Jang Mi couldn’t help a smile back.

“I’ll miss you,” she told him.

“I’ll miss you too, Jang Mi,” he stood and gave her a pat on her head before leaving to the spaceship.

Chen, Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun came closer. Without a word they each gave her a hug and she cried on Chan Yeol’s shoulder. “Be a good girl,” Chan Yeol whispered.

“Don’t prank on anyone again,” she whispered back. Chan Yeol grinned so did Chen and they left after Baek Hyun pecked on her cheek.

Suho smiled to her and gave her a tight hug then leave without saying anything. Se Hun got up from the ground and came closer to her. “I’ll miss you, Noona,” he said before giving her a peck on her cheek and left, following Suho’s steps.

D.O grinned from ear to ear. “Try to cook a decent food and feed yourself. I don’t want to hear you being sick for not eating anything,” he caressed her head.

“I’m your Noona, you know? Stop treating me like a kid,” she answered with croaked voice. They laughed, but then D.O sighed, he went to kiss her forehead and left to the spaceship.

Kai appeared suddenly in front of her. He grinned that loopside grin, kissed her forehead, then gone.

Tao came closer and swept her in a tight hug. “I’m sorry, Noona,” he whispered.

“Can’t you stop time now, and they we’ll stay together forever?” she whispered to him.

“I wish I could. But then if time stops, there will be no forever, right. Because time will stand still and nothing will be going on,” he whispered back to her ear.

Jang Mi released herself from Tao. “Be a good boy,” she told her and pulled Tao to her level and kissed his forehead.

“I will,” He caressed her cheek before turned his back to her and left.

Kris came and patted her head a few times before saying good bye. He looked genuinely sad then Jang Mi hugged him tight and he hugged her back. “Promise me you’ll save Exo and make it greener than Earth,” he told him and he just nodded before walking away like the rest of them.

Now, there was only one person left. Lu Han did not move closer to where Jang Mi stood. He just looked at her with wary look.

“Aren’t you going to say good bye to me?” Jang Mi said in a low voice, Lu Han looked away. There was a glitter of hope in Jang Mi’s heart. “Are you going to stay?”

Lu Han looked up and finally walked down to her. They looked at each other for a full minute before he reached out for her hand and held it in his hand. “I want to stay…,” he told her, Jang Mi looked up hopefully. He looked to the spaceship, “Kris has allowed me to stay…,” she looked at the same direction, the bright spiky spaceship, her eyes went wide. She opened up to say something. “But I can’t stay, Jang Mi.”

Jag Mi closed immediately, and her face fell. “Why…?”

“I want you to be safe,” he reached out and cupped her face with his hand and slowly caressing her face. “If I’m here, you won’t be safe. You’ll get kidnapped again. Those people will try to hurt you again.”

“But I don’t care!!!” she screamed to him. “I want you to stay!”

He drew her to him and hugged her. “I care, Jang Mi,” he whispered. “If you hurt, then I’ll hurt too.”

“Why?” she gripped tighter to his back.

He straightened his back and made a space to look at her eyes. He trailed from her eyes to her lips with his finger. “Because I love you.”

Tears welled on her eyes again. “Why are you telling me this now? You could have told me earlier and we could probably have some happy moments,” her tears fell on her cheek.

Lu Han chuckled and wiped her tears with his hands. “We had happy moments. And If I don’t tell you now, I don’t know if I will ever could…, I love you, Lee Jang Mi. I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he told him back and then his lips was on hers. All passion, sadness, regret, guilt, happiness that they felt that moment melted in that kiss. She pulled his hair and he pulled her waist when their kiss deepened. When they finally let go, they each felt like they were missing a part of them.

“You’ll always be my first love,” she told Lu Han.

“Don’t make me your last…,” he kissed her forehead. “Move on, find someone, be happy, because I can’t promise you anything right now.”

She shook her head. “I too, can’t promise that I will be happy here without you. But I’ll try.”

He smiled and reached her for another long kiss before he let go and left her for his spaceship.

She felt empty when the door of the spaceship started to close and covering Lu Han’s silhouette from her sight. Tears drawn again and she watched as the spaceship ascended from the ground she stood on and disappeared between the stars.

“I will miss you,” she whispered in the middle of the clearing.

_________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for being MIA for the last months. I'm not super busy anymore yaaay!

Please enjoy.