Between The Shelves

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

The next few days goes really awkward for the bookshop couple. Lu Han and Jang Mi were in the most awkward relationship they ever faced.

 Jang Mi was trying hard to cover her mind by thinking unnecessary things like counting the books they had on the shelf or counting backwards from 100. She busied herself which actually was not necessary because Lu Han himself was busy with his own thought.

The boy would sometimes go behind the shelves and hid there away from Jang Mi’s sight while he was actually watching her. He was worried about her. She was not as cheerful as she used to be. She will pretended to be her usual self but less snarky, even to Kris who were usually her natural enemy, now she treated Kris like a brother she did not get along really well with.

But when she’s alone, she’ll have this sad face. She looked like she was reading a book, but she’ll stay on the same page for hours, not even reading it. She sometimes even cried when she thought Lu Han didn’t see.

Lu Han saw it all. He was watching her secretly behind the shelves, longing to be with her, but he held himself from doing so. He was afraid that Kris’ words were right. He had developed feelings for the Earthling, and not just a friendly feeling.

All those times he lived in Exo Planet, training for this journey. Preparing himself from what may happen : attack from planets they visits, fixing their spaceship if it encounter sudden attack, how to treat the plants if they finally find them, what others they need to learn on the planet, but they didn’t prepare him for this.

They didn’t prepare him to have deep feelings for people from other planets. With the condition of Exo planet, he himself never thinks he will feel anything with people from his own planet, how do you expect him to fall to a girl from another planet? This feeling was alien to him. He didn’t know what to do with it. He didn’t know if he will ever feel it. And now he knew. It hurts.

Lu Han hid behind the shelves again, watching Jang Mi look blankly at the closed door. She had that look again, looking far away and without her even realizing it, a tear fell on her cheek again. He didn’t dare to read that mind. Just looking at her was this painful… how much painful can it get if he know what the reason behind that tear.

At times like this, all he wanted to do is wipe that tear away and tell her everything would be okay, though he didn’t know what everything was. He would hid her in his embrace away from the world so nothing would hurt her.

Kai suddenly popped out of nowhere in front of Jang Mi causing both of them got a tiny shock. Jang Mi got her hand on her chest again.

“Don’t do that Kai…. Don’t do that in public,” she said weakly, she would usually chided Kai until the Teleporter shriveled.

Kai grinned. “Sorry.” He looked around, not really paying attention to Jang Mi. “Have you seen Lu Han?”

Jang Mi looked down, pretended to busy herself with a report that she already done with a couple of hour before. “He’s behind the shelves, arranging books.” She answered, trying to sound as careless as she could.

Kai thanked her before moving to the shelves where Lu Han hid a little further away so no one would suspect that he was actually knew Kai was there, or they will found out that he was hiding. He mindlessly took a book and opened it, pretending he was deep in the reading.

“Han… huh?” Kai frowned when he arrived in front of Lu Han.

“What?” Lu Han looked up from the book.

“I didn’t know your interest of humans lied there…,” he pointed at the book Lu Han was holding. Lu Han looked at the book…, which was actually an adult magazine.

“Uh… this…,” Lu Han looked around in panic, trying to find out a good defense words.

“It’s upside down, by the way,” Kai said again, grinning loop side.

Lu Han’s ears turn purplish and he slammed the magazine to Kai’s face, making the younger boy laughed.

“What is it?” He asked sheepishly as he put back the magazine to where it belong.

Kai stopped laughing and looked between the gaps on the shelves and saw Jang Mi sat there, looking miserable again. “Kris told me to check on you,” he answered him.

“Why?” Lu Han looked aware. Kris knew… it made him uneasy.

“Because we knew this is happening, Han,” Kai’s expression was a form of sympathy. Lu Han gritted his teeth, looking away from Kai. “Han… I know how you felt for her. In my opinion it’s not a bad thing,” Kai put his hand on the older boy’s shoulder. “The problem only lay on one thing… no matter what, you’ll be separated from her. We’re going home.”

Lu Han closed his eyes tightly. Kai’s words were right, but he didn’t want to acknowledge it at all. Not if he could. “I don’t feel anything for her, Kai. And I know that we’re… going home.”

Home. That place that he needed to save. The place where his parents were waiting for him within those poisoned fog. His home. But going home somehow don’t feel that exciting anymore.

“We’re going home, Han… there, somewhere in our planet someone who will fits for you without any needs of you leaving her. You wouldn’t need feeling this way!” Kai grabbed Lu Han’s shoulders and shook him.

Lu Han was still expressionless.

Someone else beside Jang Mi? There… on Exo? Although it was the most possible thing to happen… it sounded ridiculous on his ear. Nonsense.

“I don’t like her, Kai…,” he told him again. Trying to absorb the word for himself.

Kai sighed. “Fine….” Kai’s hands fell to his sides. “I didn’t know you’ll be too deep in this feeling thing that you get yourself into denial like this.”

“I don’t….”

“Kris told me to told you that Tao will start working here as the shop assistant starting tomorrow,” he said without looking at Lu Han.  He took a book and started flipping the pages like he didn’t care, like they were never having that serious conversation.

Lu Han’s head snapped to Kai. “Why?”

Kai stared at him with pierced look. “You know why.”

“But…,” he was confused. Was Kris trying to separate them?

“Kris said no buts,” Kai flipped the pages again.

“But I don’t like Jang Mi, Kai!!!” he shouted out of frustration to him. “Why are you guys doing this to me?!”

“We know what we’re doing,” Kai glared and tossed the book back to its shelf.

“No you don’t!” Lu Han fumed and the shelves started to vibrate under his power without him even meaning to do it. He was so pissed by everything that all the stress just leashed out his power.

“Han… you need to calm down!” Kai looked around to the vibrating shelves nervously.

Lu Han didn’t quit… his anger was dominating him it was hard to stop it.

“You’ll destroy the shop! Jang Mi will freak out, Han… stop it now,” Kai pleaded.

At hearing Jang Mi’s name, Lu Han calmed down. He took a deep breath and shook his head in regret. “I’m sorry.”

Kai let out a relieved sighed. “It’s okay,” he tapped Lu Han’s shoulder.

“Where’s Jang Mi?” Lu Han asked after he regained his right mind. He peeked to the cashier’s desk but the girl in question was nowhere in sight. “Kai, where’s Jang Mi?” he asked in panic.

“She was just there,” Kai also looked confused.

“Find her.”

 

=========================================================================

 

Hi guys,

First, I want to apologize for the bad chapter.

Second, I'm sorry but I'm going on hiatus until I don't know when because as you can see, my ideas is getting worse and I have a lot of things in my mind so I need to refresh myself. I promise I will be back and keep updating once a week as always.

 

Thank you.

 

Sincerely,

dubuprincess