Fruits Are The Tree's Kid

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

Jang Mi sat on the cafeteria silently, trying to ignore the commotion around her and the attention she got for the very first time. She didn’t like it, hearing how everyone was talking about how the plainly plain girl like her knew 12 good looking boys at one.

*They’re aliens for goodness sake,* she scolded them in her head. *If you want to make contact with them I’m gladly giving you this position!*

“What is that?” Xiumin asked, pointing at her cup of juice that she’d been stirred mindlessly.

“Juice,” Jang Mi looked at the fluffy boy.

“What’s juice?” Kai asked with a frown.

Jang Mi looked at them one by one, all of them looked at her seriously waiting for answer. “Seriously? Uh… It’s made of orange’s water…,”she tried to explain.

“What is orange?” this time Lu Han asked, looking at the cup intently.

“It’s a fruit…,” Jang Mi made a circle motion, trying to draw an orange in the air.

“What’s a fruit?” This time the youngest one, Jang Mi forgot who his name was. There was too many names to remember at once.

“What’s your name again?” She scratched her unitchy head, starting to feel stress toward the juice which made so many questions. *They’re not from this Earth so you need to be patient, patieeent,* she tried to soothe herself.

“Se Hun,” the boy gave her a smile.

She ignored the innocent smile which made the girls behind her squealed. “Okay, Se Hun,” she decided to go into details. “So, you’ve seen trees, right?” All of them nodded at once. “There are many kind of different trees here, and the trees made the fruits,” she informed them.

“How?” Kris frowned.

“Didn’t trees at your…,” she looked around, noticed that some people we trying to eavesdropping. “… your place, have fruits?”

They shook their head. “The remaining trees… just stood there and have leaves.” Lu Han said while the others nodded.

She sighed, “Well, the trees here got things they need to grow with from the ground, and when it grows, it doesn’t only grow leaves. It also has flowers, and this flower, err… made out with bees and other bugs, and viola… fruit!” She pointed at her juice, “Human eats fruits!” she whispered.

“Why would you eat tree’s… uhh, kid?” Kai asked again. “Shouldn’t you also grow them into trees?”

Jang Mi held her urge to laugh and cleared . “The tree’s kids… We do grow them, but we have to eat too.”

“Monster…,” Lay whispered and Jang Mi shot him a glare. The rabbit boy quickly looked away.

“You can eat your food pill, don’t you?” Se Hun said and pulled out an electric blue pill out of his pocket.

Jang Mi stared at them blankly, “Do you guys even eat?”

Lu Han shook his head. “It’s hard to eat when there’s nothing grows to be eaten. We got all of our energy supply from the pill.” He pointed the pill in Se Hun’s hand.

“No wonder you are all so skinny,” she nodded understandingly and pushed her juice to Xiumin. “Here, try some.”

Lay shook his head vigorously, thinking that no one should eat a tree’s kid. Xiumin eyed the cup hesitantly. He looked at his Captain who nodded at him, and then he grabbed the cup and took a sip. His small eyes turned wide.

“Whoa!” he exclaimed.

Jang Mi smiled widely. “Good?” she asked him.

“Great!” The boy nodded enthusiastically, while the other boys no tried to get a hold on the cup, want to get a sip. Except for Lay, who looked away, feeling sick.

Jang Mi eyed Lu Han who were gaped at his friends and smiled. She finally realized that something was different about the boys who were attacking the cup of juice in front of them. They were not wearing their spacesuit anymore.

“Nice shirt,” she pointed at Lu Han’s clothes.

“Oh this?” Luhan smiled. “Kai brought them for us. You say you change outfit because they’re dirty. So we change ours. We try to blend.” He whispered the last sentence in serious manner.

“Kai?” then she looked at Kai. “Where did you get the clothes, Kai?” she asked curiously, feeling uneasy.

“A place called a store,” Kai answered, trying to get the cup from Se Hun’s hand.

“You bought them!” Jang Mi’s uneasy feeling subdued.

“I took them,” he shrugged.

“You what?!!!”

“I… took them?” Kai looked confused. “Am I not supposed to take them? I mean there were a whole lot of clothes there. Didn’t they prepare it for us?”

Jang Mi facepalmed herself. “You’re not supposed to take anything from anywhere without paying! You have to pay them before you took them!”

“Pay? How?” Kai scratched his head.

“With money? You know? The paper thing with deceased king’s face?” Kai shook his head. “You know… This!” She pulled out a 1000 won cash from her pocket and showed it to Kai.

Right then Kris called, “Lee Jang Mi… we want more of this stuff.” He shook the empty juice’s glass.

“I don’t have money, buy it for yourself,” she roared at the Captain.

“I thought this was money… and it’s yours. Doesn’t it mean you have money?” Lu Han frowned.

Jang Mi stared at Lu Han and gritted her teeth. “Do you think a thousand won enough to buy juice?”

“It’s not?” Lu Han stared at the money.

Jang Mi sighed and hit her own chest with her fist. “Ah, I’m feeling suffocated.” Lu Han just raised his brow, trying to control his mind not to read what inside this weird girl’s head. She’ll be much pissed if he tried to read her mind.

While Jang Mi tried to explain to Lu Han what money was, someone tapped Jang Mi’s shoulder. She turned around to found her two forgotten friend glared at her in an ‘explain-or-die’ glare. She grinned and stood up.

“Uhh… these… ummm, these are the people who saved me from the mountain yesterday. I told them I go here and they came to visit…,” She lied a half lie again.

“Oh…,” Yoon Hee’s eyes lit up. “Hi…,” she reached for Kris’ hand and held it tight. “I’m Jang Mi’s friend. Jung Yoon Hee.”

“I’m Park Sung Hyo,” Sung Hyo pushed Yoon Hee’s hand away from Kris and held the Captain’s hand tightly in hers. “What is your name?”

“Kris…,” Kris answered obliviously.

“Kris!” They squealed. “Wonderful… Are you a foreigner? Where are you come from?”

“I’m from Planet Exo.”

Jang Mi facepalmed herself again.