The Crazy Storm

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

“Who in the world are you guys?” Jang Mi clutched into the boy’s clothes. Her eyes went wide of fear and shock. Her hands trembled uncontrollably on the boy’s collar. Her jaw tightened, demanding for an honest answer.

The boy opened his mouth. “We are…”

“They’re coming!” The floating boy informed his friends. He flew back down to the ground and run toward Jang Mi and the first boy.

There was a whole commotion when the boys came together from all over direction and gathered next to Jang Mi. She looked wildly around, getting more and more frightened than before.

“Who? Who’s coming?” She asked, still clutching on the first boy’s collar.

“Your bad people…,” The flying boy told her.

My bad people? Who are my bad people? She looked around, looking completely terrified. Is there bad people coming after this guys? Oh God, am I really going to die tonight?

“We better get out of here,” The boy who was spraying the flame with his secret water sprayer talked.

All of the other boys nodded nervously.

“Kai?” The flying boy called out for a name, and out of nowhere a boy appeared in front of him.

“Yes?” He asked, raising his brows like the flying boy interrupted something he was doing and he didn’t like it a bit.

“Take us out,” He commanded the boy.

“Where?” Kai asked as he looked into the sky. The other looked up to the sky following his gaze.

“Ugh,” Jang Mi groaned as she tried to move. She sprained her leg again.

All of the boys looked at her, as if just realizing that she was still there. The first boy smiled and offered her a hand.

“Can you stand up?” He asked.

“Yeah…,” she nodded and tried to get up but she fell back to her bottom and the searing pain in the ankle made her groaned even louder.

“Lay! Help,” the first boy called out and the rabbit boy earlier came forward. He kneeled down next to Jang Mi and put his hand on Jang Mi’s ankle, but frightened, Jang Mi pulled away.

The rabbit boy raised his brows. “I’m not going to hurt you,” he said. “Let me help you, Earthling.”

Hesitated, Jang Mi let the rabbit boy holding her ankle. Just a second passed, and with confusion Jang Mi realized she no longer feel pain on her ankle.

“How?” She looked at the rabbit boy in awe. The boy just smiled and got up, then went back to his friends.

“Can you get up now?” the first boy asked. Jang Mi nodded and stood up with the first boy’s help.

Then she heard it, from a long distance, sound of helicopters and airplanes coming closer. The boys gathered around Jang Mi and trapped her in a circle of their back, as if they were protecting her from whatever that was going to come.

The flying boy looked at the boy on his left and said, “Chen, delay them from coming here.”

Jang Mi totally confused, still terrified. How are you going to delay an airplane and helicopter from coming toward you? They’re flying objects for God sakes. But the boys seemed to think flying things is no problem to handle.

The boy moved forward a few steps, he raised up his hand and suddenly the sky light up and thunders banging loudly. Jang Mi quickly covered her ears and looked at the boy open mouthed. Did that boy just sent out a bolt of lightning out of his hand? She looked back to the first boy, who was looking at the sky with tightening jaw.

“Hun, blow them away,” the flying boy commanded one of the boy.

The youngest looking boy stepped forward and raised his hand. He twirled his hand for a moment and then kept twirling them. A typhoon showed up not very far away from them and went away toward the sound.

“This is crazy… this is mad… this is impossible,” Jang Mi muttered as she watched the typhoon moving away.

 “Su Ho, wet them up,” the flying boy commanded again, and now Jang Mi realized, this one must be their leader.

Su Ho, the boy who was spraying water earlier move forward. It was like collaboration, when the typhoon from earlier gathered black clouds and suddenly it rained, hard. The lightning bolt broke the sky and the thunder grumbled madly. The wind blowing hard, now that the youngest boy twirled both of his hand as another typhoon appeared.

It was a mad scene. The hurricane was hitting the mountain like one has never seen before as half of the boys moving their hands controlling the weather. Jang Mi clutched to the first boy again as she saw how wild the weather going around them, but not on them. They were all dry, not a single water dropped to them. The first boy smiled at her and nodded.

“Don’t worry, it’s going to be okay.”

Jang Mi nodded. She has no idea how everything will be okay with this wild hurricane, but she trusted the boy.

“They’re still coming…,” a tall scary looking boy on the other side of the leader said as the hurricane getting wilder.

The leader cursed in strange language before looked at the popped up guy. “Kai, we need to get out of here.”

Kai nodded and looked around until his eyes met Jang Mi’s. Jang Mi startled and tried to walked back when Kai moved toward her. She was stuck, the leader got her back and did not allow her to move at all.

“Wait wait… you said you’re not going to hurt me,” She protested when the first boy hold on to her arm and his other hand on the leader’s shoulder.

“We’re not,” he assured her.

“But…,” she tried to let go of his hand but another pair of hand held to her shoulder. She looked back in shock, the leader held on to her, like something was going to come. Kai reached out and held her hands tight. Confused, Jang Mi looked around as each boy came to them and held on each other creating a big circle of 13 people holding on each other.

Kai eyes met her, the boy smirked. “Just a little headache,” the boy said.

“What headache?” she asked before she felt it.

There was a deafening silent in her ear as the hurricane and the world seemed to get in by the darkness. A moment passed and the world popped out and there was sound of vehicle faintly somewhere far.

She felt faint. The little headache Kai mentioned earlier was not little at all. It was crushing on her like a truck trying to strike her down. Hands were still holding to her, preventing her from falling onto the ground.

She opened her eyes and looked around and her eyes went wide in recognition on the building right in front of her.

“It’s my apartment! How…,” she looked at the boys who were frowned at the sight around them. “How are we getting back to Seoul from Jinju in a blink of eye? Who are you?”