Epilogue

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

Jang Mi looked at the sky though the window in Etoile’s café. There was a plate of pancake in front of her with a cup of Cappuccino. The table she at was decorated with a small bouquet of rose and baby’s breath.

She walked toward the empty window sill and sat there, wondering where was the rose that she and the boys had planted gone. She reached out and held the place where the pot of rose was placed and thinking what the boys might be doing now. What Lu Han might be doing now.

She was almost in the verge of tears when Mr. Yoo appeared from the staircase, grumbling to himself.

“I can’t believe those boys just left! What are they going to do about my customers?! I just got a hang of them. A month! Why a month?! Stay at least a year!” he kept on grumbling, not seeing Jang Mi on the window sill, wiping the tears that almost fall on her cheek.

“Mr. Yoo…,” Jang Mi opened up .

“… what kind of good bye that was? Asking me for coffee seeds? Are they going make their own Café in China?! Where on earth is a place name Exo in China?! I’m going to find them and drag them back here and make them working 24/7 like slaves.”

“Mr. Yoo….”

“All my customers gone… well, not all. But still! Those boys are fortune! I have to go to China and drag them… huh?” He was cleaning up the coffee shelf when he pulled out a white transparent thing out of it. “What is this?”

“Mr. Yoo…,” Jang Mi walked toward the counter and knocked on the table. “Do you know where my flower pot went?”

Mr. Yoo looked up from the thing in his hand. “Yes? Oh, the flower container? Lu Han took it before he went back to China.”

“… w-who took it?”

“Lu Han,” Mr Yoo walked up to her. “He said it’s important to him to take at least a ‘Jang Mi’ with him. So he won’t be so lonely.” He wriggled his eyebrows at her and smile knowingly.

Jang Mi was stunned. Lu Han took the rose. Lu Han took it because it was important to him. Lu Han took it because he was afraid to be lonely. Lu Han took it because it’s a ‘Jang Mi.’ Because it represented her. Her rose.

“Jang Mi-ssi, do you know what this is?” Mr. Yoo held out the transparent thing to her.

Jang Mi gasped. “It’s their AI tablet,” she whispered.

“Excuse me, what? I couldn’t hear you,” Mr. Yoo tilted his head.

“It’s… the… toy that Se Hun made for me…?” She made up a lie on the spot. There was no way Mr. Yoo could believe Alien things.

“Se Hun? Made a toy for you?”

“Uh…, errr, you know….”

“No I don’t,” Mr. Yoo shook his hand. “Just don’t put that kind of thing on weird places. Keep it at home.” He then turned around and made his way toward the kitchen, leaving Jang Mi staring at the tablet.

She walked back to the table where her cappuccino went colder and sat on the seat. She traced the device with her index finger, trying to hold on the tears. She clenched her jaw and pressed the button that Xiumin told her once was the on and off button. After the trapped incident, Xiumin taught her some of their technology, in case anything happen again. But none will happen, right?

The device blinked bright green and Jang Mi put it down on the table, staring at the green screen. There was just one application available. She furrowed her brows, once device that Xiumin showed her had a lot of applications. What’s wrong with this one? She tapped on the application and a bright blue light came out of it, forming a screen in front of her. The screen blinked a few time to adjust then a picture came out. It was the café, right at the seat in front of her, with her half blooming rose as the back ground.

“Is it ready? Huh? Okay…,” she heard a voice on the back ground and her heart drummed. It was Lu Han’s voice. The moment Lu Han appeared on the screen she began to cry. It was a video message.

“Uh…,” Lu Han began, but he looked past her, “You’re sure it’s ready?”

“Yes! Just start talking!” Xiumin’s voice answered with annoyed voice.

Jang Mi let out a stifled laugh hearing Xiumin’s annoyed voice. Lu Han was in front of her, just a frame away. She reached out the touched him but her hand went through the hologram frame and she took her hand back, biting her lower lip.

“Hi, Jang Mi…,” he said again, looking right at her with face flushed.

“Hi, Lu Han…,” Jang Mi answered back though she know he couldn’t hear her.

“When you found this, I’m probably not there,” he looked down.

Jang Mi nodded and wiped a tear that fell to her cheek.

 “I have to go back to Exo, no matter how much I want to stay here…,” he looked up. “with you.” He gritted his teeth while Jang Mi biting her lips trying not to cry.

“I was hesitated, whether I should stay or go home… but what happens today set me right. No matter how much I want to stay with you, putting your life in danger doesn’t worth it,” he sighed he clenched his jaw. Then he looked down and sighed, “Have I told you before I left? Or was I too afraid to say it and left you hanging again?” He stared straight at Jang Mi’s eyes and his eyes turned soft. “I love you, Lee Jang Mi. I went running all night long to say this to you, but … but this happens.” He gestured the whole thing and he started hitting the chair with his fist, he looked frustrated.

“It was not your fault,” she sobbed.

“I thought about taking you home… but that will also meaning putting you in danger worse than here,” he sighed and rubbed his face. “And how much you will miss the beautiful Earth… I want you to be happy.” She sobbed and covered to prevent any sound. “Are you happy now?”

“I’m trying…,” she answered between her sobs.

“Be happy,” he smiled and probably without his knowing a tear fell to his cheek. “I too, will try to be happy.”

She nodded eagerly. “Be happy Lu Han….” He smiled to her widely and she smiled back, though tears still flowing from their eyes.

They were still staring at each other when suddenly Kris appeared on the screen and pushed Lu Han away. “Okay, enough with the tears. We still have to missions to finish.” But Kris glanced to her from the frame, “Take care.” And then he left the screen, leaving Lu Han wiping his tears.

“And don’t forget to eat,” D.O suddenly appeared out of nowhere, he send her a fully toothed  smile and after a victory sign Tao appeared with Se Hun on his heels.

“I will miss you,” he said along with Se Hun nodding beside him.

“Don’t forget us,” he waved his hand and Tao followed waving both of his hands like a little kid. Jang Mi laughed and waved his own hand and noticed Lu Han on the background, taking the flower pot in his arms. He glanced at her and smile. He mouthed ‘I’m taking Jang Mi,’ and Jang Mi nodded as she wiped her tears away.

“Okay! Stop it boys!” Xiumin’s voice came again. His face appeared upside down, it looked like he came out from behind the device and stared down at it. “Take care, Jang Mi. Bye….”

Then the frame went black and the hologram screen went back to the device.

She wiped her tears and smiled to the device. She took it in her hand and caressed it with her thumb. “At least when I miss you guys I can see this again, huh?” she smiled again.

“Jang Mi-ssi! I need your help, oh… argh! Jang Mi-ssi!!!” Mr. Yoo’s voice shrieked from the kitchen.

Jang Mi laughed and put the device into her pocket before running toward the kitchen. “I’m comiiing.”

There was nothing exactly changed. The sky was still blue, the sun still burning for summer to arrive, the flowers still blooming, and the cappuccino still went cold. As Jang Mi promised Lu Han, she will try to be happy, whether the boys from another planet’s come back or not.

 

THE END

 

=============================================================================

 

Hello ^^

So, this is the end. I'm sorry I dissapoint you all. But in my defense, I never said it will end in a happy ending. (I know, I'm still to blame. but... okay... I won't say anything any further). Now the poster makes sense, no?

I'm informing that I'm not making sequel of this. I don't know how to make the sequel of this story, and there's no use of sequels.

Thank you for staying with me since last December.  Thank you for the shop that makes poster, though yesterday they suddenly closed down. (I will miss you much, teph), thank you for subscribers... you guys are awesome. Thank you for the comments. Thank you for the love for Jang Mi and Lu Han.

If you want to read my other writings it's in HERE.

Once again thank you. 노무노무 감사합니다!