A Place to Learn

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

Jang Mi walked out her first class grumbling about the paper that their professor asked them to make. She flinched when she heard a scream calling out her name.

“Ya!!! Lee Jang Mi!!!!” Two shadows, she couldn’t see who, grabbed at her and hugged her tightly. “I thought you were dead!” one of them sobbed. It was Sung Hyo.

“Ya!!!” One of them released her hug and glared at Jang Mi angrily. It was Yoon Hee, panda like black circle were around her yes, sign that she got lack of rest. Yoon Hee started poking Jang Mi’s head. “Ya! Agh, you nearly got us killed by heart attack, you know! We thought you were lost in the mountain!”

“I thought you were eaten by wild boar or tigers,” Sung Hyo sobbed again to her shoulder.

“We looked for you everywhere until that wild storm came and we all had to go back to campsite! You worry us to death!” Now Yoon Hee started slapping Jang Mi’s arm.

“Oww, ow, Yoon Hee-ya, stop… stop!!” She released herself from the crying Sung Hyo and went to hug her bestfriends. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry to worry you girls but I’m okay now.”

“You better are,” Yoon Hee grumbled but hug her friend back.

“How did you coming back then? Why didn’t you call us to make sure you’re safe? We tried to call you but it was out of network!” Sung Hyo slapped Jang Mi’s shoulder.

Jang Mi released her friend and caressed her hurt shoulder. “There were… uhh… a group…. Uhh, I met this group of people in the mountain… and… uh… they saved me… and uh… they took me back to Seoul last night,” she tried to make up a story of how she had been saved out the forest, trying to forget the spaceship-meteor thing, the silver boys, the crazy wild storm they created… Jang Mi shuddered at the memories.

“Oh, great!” Yoon Hee heaved a deep breath. “Why didn’t you get back to the campsite?”

“They were… uhh… in a hurry,” she nodded to make sure it sounded sane, even to herself. “You have no idea how fast we reached Seoul. I had a killer headache after the trip.” She shuddered again at the sensation f Kai’s teleportation. How could the boy went here and there so easily with such a pain after he did it?

“At least you’re safe,” Sung Hyo smiled and hugged her once again. Jang Mi smiled and patted her friend’s shoulder.

“Yeah…. At least for now,” she mumbled and her friends didn’t hear the last words.

The two girls patted Jang Mi’s shoulder and then walk arms in arms, like triplets with different facial, toward the cafeteria when they heard commotion not far away from them.

“I want to see them,” two girls passed by them, holding their smart phones toward campus’ garden.

The second girl shrieked, “I bet they’re much more good looking from up close,” and paced her steps, almost running in the corridor.

The three girls looked at each other. “I wonder what’s that all about,” Sung Hyo released herself from the other two and followed the two shrieking girl. Yoon Hee tugged Jang Mi’s arm and drag her to follow their friend.

A crowd, mostly girls, was gathering around the biggest tree in the garden. Sung Hyo who was there earlier turned to her friends and beamed.

“Guys,” she told them with so much enthusiasm. “Good looking guys. REALLY good looking guys,” she looked like she just saw Hyun Bin passing by and mentally holding herself not to hug him and told him to be her last love.

“Guys?” Yoon Hee’s eyes lit up and she drag Jang Mi, who grumbled about how Yoon Hee needed to buy her a new pair of shoes if she kept on dragging her everywhere.

Yoon Hee peeked up among the girls who were looking at the scene in front of them adoringly and gasped. She pulled Jang Mi closer so she could also peeked a look at the good looking guys,

Jang Mi straightened her tilted glasses and took a good look at the good looking guys and her jaw dropped. “Ooooh my God,” she mumbled.

“Yeah… Oooh, my Gooood,” Yoon Hee nodded, ignoring the shock tone of her friend. Sung Hyo joined them and they both squealed, while Jang Mi tried to move back and escape the crowd. She turned around and walked away, almost run when a voice stop her in track.

“Lee Jang Mi!”

She cursed silently and turned around. Everyone, by this I mean every single one of the crowd turned silent and looked at her. Cursing inside her head, she glared at the boy who called her, the boy whose hands were on his hip. “Come here Lee Jang Mi.,” he ordered.

Jang Mi walked to him in fast manner, trying so hard to ignore all the attention she got because of these odd boys. She hates attention, it made her feel like they tried to skin her alive. Ignoring Lu Han and Xiumin’s wave she stood in front of Kris, who still had his hand on his hip. Looking up, so she could see the tall Captain’s eyes, she hissed in low voice, “What do you think you’re doing here, Captain Kris?!”

Frowned by her reaction, the Captain answered, “We come to learn. Didn’t you come here to learn as well?”

“For goodness sake! Shouldn’t you go to a library or something? Why coming here?!” She hissed again, she looked like a cobra which will bite if anyone came any closer.

“Because you’re here,” Lu Han answered her.

She turned to Lu Han who smiled brightly and looked at Kris then back to Lu Han, then to the boys who were enjoying being the center of attention. She snapped back to Lu Han, “you brought them here?!”

Lu Han nodded happily. If he would read Jang Mi’s mind now, he would not be so happy. Too bad, he promised not to read her mind because she doesn’t like it.

“Why?” she whined, “I left you and my nightmare at home… why?!”

“We come to learn, Lee Jang Mi, remember. You’re our guide, so we will follow you wherever you go,” Kris announced and Jang Mi slowly stirred herself to look back at the Captain.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she stared at the Captain blankly.

Kris looked at his fellow space boys. “We don’t kid, Lee Jang Mi,” he shook his head.

Jang Mi groaned. “The worst nightmare, EVER!”