Call Me Oppa

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

It was Saturday morning, a week after the boys of Exo Planet occupied Jang Mi’s life. She was exhausted all over by the fussy boys she now lived with. This is how it feels to be a Mother, I guess. I love you so much, Omma, she thought as she followed the boys toward the café they worked in.  She was grumbling in her head about how much those boys eat after they found how amazing food was when she walked over and bumped her head to Lu Han’s back.

“Ow,” she rubbed her forehead.

Lu Han chuckled and touched her forehead lightly. “Watch your step, Jang Mi.”

“I am, but you stop all of a sudden,” she pouted and moved herself back from Lu Han’s touch. She was still uncomfortable of his touch since the ‘Wingardium Leviosa’s accident. She will feel her cheek flaming everytime she thought of it.

Lu Han chuckled as he ruffled her bangs one more time. “We’re here,” he looked ahead to the café’s door. “But it said that we’re closed for a couple of days.”

“Huh?” Jang Mi cocked her head to see what Lu Han was talking about. She moved closer, “Excuse me, let the little girl through. Why you guys have to be giants…,” she shooed Tao and Chan Yeol apart from her way through them toward the door.

“What does this mean, Lee Jang Mi,” Kris crossed his arms together and looked at her waiting for explanation.

Jang Mi shrugged, then pulled out her phone and called Mr. Yoo. The café owner answered her call a few moments later. “Hello, Mr. Yoo? What does this mean? Why are you closing my bookshop?”

“It’s my bookshop, Jang Mi-ssi… And yes, I closed it. I have to buy coffee grains and other stuffs and it will take a long time,” he said from the other line.

“But why?”

“There was too many customers came to our café that all of our supply run out. I have to buy more,” she could hear the excitement radiated from his voice.

“What about me? What about all of us,” she turned around and stared at the twelve boys that staring back at her with confuse look. “Are you abandoning us, Mr. Yoo?”

Mr. Yoo chuckled. “You can take a couple of days off. It’s Saturday, and it’s almost summer. I can feel the heat already. Go on a holiday, to a theme park or beach.”

“Beach?” her eyes grew wider of excitement. If there’s one thing she liked more than stars, it was beaches.

“Yes. Beach. Go to beach Jang Mi-ssi… take the boys with you. I bet they rarely go to beach too,” Mr. Yoo suggested her and she nodded like a little girl offered a candy.

“Yes! I will. Bye Mr. Yoo.”

“Jang Mi-ssi…,” She cut off the phone line before Mr. Yoo able to say anything else.

“We’re going to the beach!!! Woo!!!” She threw up her arms and started to jump around the boys and singing Nicky Minaj’s song. “Let’s go to the beach each, let’s go get away! Aww, yeah!!! Come on!” She danced happily around while the boys looking at her like she just came out of mental hospital. They looked at each other and shrugged, then followed Jang Mi who was skipping toward the bus station.

They arrived at the train station and Jang Mi skipped to buy thirteen tickets while chirping about how long she haven’t see beach. “How about going to Gyeongpodae? There wouldn’t be many people since it’s not summer yet. And the beach is sooo beautiful,” she beamed to Lu Han who stood right behind her when she purchased the tickets from the machine.

Lu Han smiled when he saw her happy face. “Sure, Jang Mi. Gyeongpodae sounds great,” he answered her and she gave him a bright smile again. Lu Han smiled wider, reflecting Jang Mi’s own happiness.

The other boys were oblivious about where they going. Kris thought of it as another way to learn about Earth, that’s why he agreed when Jang Mi led them into a train. Jang mi climbed to the train and went to choose a seat next to a window. Lu Han chose to sit next to her while Kris and Su Ho in front of them. Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, D.O and Kai sit behind her while Tao, Lay and Chen sit across them. Xiumin and Se Hun chose to sit across Chan Yeol and the others.

Jang Mi hummed happily and stared outside the window like a little girl riding a train for the first time. The other boys also do the same, since it was their first time riding a train. They gaped when they ride through huge sight of rice field and stared at the trees when they passed small forests.

“Xiumin, Xiumin! Look!” Se Hun tugged Xiumin and they both glued their faces to the glass window.

Jang Mi heard the two boys and turned her head to see them. She looked around at the boys who call each other’s name so casually. She turned around on her seat and faced Lu Han who sat next to her.

“Are all of you in the same age? How old are you?” She asked Lu Han briefly.

Lu Han raised an eyebrow. “Our count of days is different with Earth, so I don’t exactly know how to count on my age in Earth time. But in our planet I am nine thousand two hundred five EXO rotations,” he proudly stated.

Jang Mi stared at him for a few seconds before she shook her head and let out a sigh. “Let’s make that simple. How many years have you been living, now?”

“Um… years? How do you count years?” He frowned. He has no idea what year are or how do you know how many years you are.

“Uhh… Like this. On Earth, one rotation of Earth around the sun is called a year. That would take around 365 days for one rotation. So, how long your planet takes to rotate around your sun is considered one year,” she tried to explain as best as she could to the boy in front of her.

Lu Han nodded and then frowned while doing a calculation in his head. “I’m 22 years old,” he said after he finished counting in his head.

“Okay,” Jang Mi smiled. “That’s much better. I’m 20 years old,” She looked back to Se Hun and Xiumin again. “Is Se Hun and Xiumin the same age with you?”

Lu Han shook his head. “Xiumin is only a few EXO rotations older than me and Se Hun is the youngest among us,” he also looked at the two boys who were gaping at the sight outside their window.

“Who is the eldest one, then? Is Captain Kris the eldest one?” She looked at Kris in front of her, who looked outside his window looking… bored. While his friends were ‘wow’ ‘whoa’ at the sight outside their windows, he just stared at the sight with no expression.

“No,” Lu Han chuckled. “Captain Kris is younger than me. Xiumin is the eldest one. I’m the second eldest. The three of us would be 22 years old.  And then Su Ho,” he gestured at Su Ho who heard their entire conversation.

“If I did not counting it wrong. I’m 21 years old the same age with Lay,” he told her, “and Chen, Chan Yeol along with Bacon would be 20 years old. D.O and Tao would be 19 years old. And Kai with Se Hun are 18 years old.”

“Oh!” Jang Mi yelped excitedly and looked to the seat behind her and she stood on her knee by the seat and waved at the boys there. “Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, Chen! We’re the same age!!!” she said happily. She also pointed at Kai, Se Hun, D.O and Tao. “You, you, you and you… are my dongsaengs, hohoho… from now on, you have to call me Noona! You got it?!” There was a smug on her face when she found out that she was older than those boys. She was getting sick of them calling out her full name wherever they go. ‘Lee Jang Mi this, Lee Jang Mi that,’ now they could not do that again.

“What are you talking about, Lee Jang Mi?” Kai asked with a frown.

“Hey! You, Kai! I told you to call me Noona, haven’t I? Call me Jang Mi Noona from now on. That’s working for you too, Se Hun, D.O and Tao,” she stared at them with eyes squinted, eyeing who dare to protest. “You got it?”

“Yes…,” thy said in unison.

“Yes, what?!” She glared at the little boys.

“Yes, Noona…,” they chorused again.

Wide grin satisfied grin appeared on Jang Mi’s lips when she heard the honorific form they use on her. “Good boys.” She sat back on her place and smiling widely to the boys in front of her.

“Do we have to call you Noona too?” Kris asked with an eyebrow raised. He did not like her satisfied smile when his friends called her Noona. He did not want to do it.

“Umm… Yes!” Jang Mi hesitated for a moment before the thoughts of Kris calling her Noona came.

Lu Han flicked his finger to Jang mi’s head and the latter yelped in pain. “You really need to stop lying, Jang Mi,” he said as Jang Mi rubbed her head and then pouted.

“I’m sorry…,” she lowered her head and apologized. “No, you don’t have too. Only the younger ones need to do so.”

“Then you have to call us Noona too,” Su Ho stated after she heard the explanation.

Jang Mi snorted and held her laugh while hiding her face to the window. Lu Han sighed and offered an explanation to the confused Su Ho that she quoted from Jang Mi’s mind. “Noona is only used by males to call females older than them. Males calling other males that older than them Hyung. Younger females call older females Onni while younger female call their older males Oppa.”

“You… you still want me to call you Noona?” Jang Mi covered with both of her palms.

Su Ho shook his head and smiled gently. “No… call me Oppa.”

Jang Mi clucked her tongue looked aside. She was not the type of girl who would call anyone Oppa. Now because of her superiority toward the younger boys she has to reap what she has sown. She came from a well raise family in Gangwon-do, she was trained to act like a lady since she was little. She let that go when she came to Seoul, and now she has to do it because of these boys.

She huffed before she sat straight and face the three boys in front of her with straight back. She bowed 90 degrees at the boys and Kris looked completely baffled at her sudden change. “Annyeong haseyo, Oppa-deul,” she said before straightening her back, then slumped to her seat again. “I hate doing greetings. My back hurts,” she complained.

Lu Han smiled along with Su Ho and Kris. “I like this Oppa-dongsaeng thing,” Lay said from the seat across them as he watched Jang Mi turned her back at them and glued to the window.

“Well, I don’t!” she humphed.