In The Hospital

I Pray For Us

 

When they arrived at the hospital, DaeSung managed to get them all out of the car in a hurry and helped SeungHyun inside. People around them in the entrance hall looked at them with wide eyes and mouths open in astonishment. A few doctors and nurses quickly came to them as one of the nurses had called them after she had seen them enter. One of the doctors told two nurses something and they quickly disappeared behind a corner.

 

“What happened to you?” One of the doctors asked when he came to them and DaeSung cleared his throat.

 

“Two gunshot wounds, a stab and a deep cut.” He told the doctor who looked surprised by seeing something like that, and then with these specific persons. The two nurses came back with four men who drove two stretchers.

 

“What caused the damages? What event?” The doctor asked DaeSung, as he figured he was the one with most sanity right now. While they talked, SeungHyun and YoungBae were put on a stretcher.

 

“We got attacked.” DaeSung just answered and was about to follow SeungHyun as they started driving him away together with YoungBae and SeungRi followed both of them, as he was instructed.

 

“But nothing happened to you?” The doctor asked almost suspicious. DaeSung looked at him a little annoyed.

 

“I was lucky.” He answered as he was about to go again, but a hand stopped him from doing so. The doctor held his hand on his chest as he stopped him from moving further.

 

“You should perhaps get some emergency help for your trauma.” The doctor suggested. It only lit a fire inside DaeSung as he wanted to slap him.

 

“I don’t have trauma! The only thing I want right now is to make sure that the others are okay so I can go and look for my leader! Now let me go!” DaeSung exclaimed, causing everyone to look even more. Pictures were taken and some even filmed it. The doctor let go of him and showed him the way.

 

“I think you should see someone about your trauma. Everyone who have a bad thing happening in their lives, experience the trauma. Whether it’s now or later, it will get back to you and you will only get worse if you don’t let it out. Take this.” The doctor said as they walked and stopped in front of a door. He handed him a piece of paper which was a card with information’s.

 

“Thank you.” DaeSung just answered him while sounding annoyed. He didn’t need something like that. There was no trauma, and there would never be. DaeSung entered the room where SeungRi was in. He was getting stitched up and made small grimaces in pain.

 

“Where’s the other two?” DaeSung asked concerned. SeungRi pointed to the room next to them with the other hand that wasn’t getting treated.

 

“They are having a surgery. Or well, YoungBae-Hyung is getting a small one, but SeungHyun-Hyung is getting the bullets taken out and stuff like that, so it will be a while I guess.” SeungRi answered and DaeSung nodded as he understood.

 

“Well, when they get out, tell them I went looking for Ji. See you later.” DaeSung quickly said as he went out of the room before SeungRi could come with any objections. When he was out of the room, he started running to the exit, causing people to stare again, but he was quickly out, and it was too fast for them to find their cameras and phones. He went to the car immediately as he turned it on. As he started driving he wondered where JiYong could be, and what side he would be in. As he drove past the bridge where it all happened, he saw that the whole scene had been cleared and that cars was driving on it again. But there was no police or any other authorities that would have been able to clear it. Those guys where scary. It was just now DaeSung noticed he still held the card that the doctor gave him, and he chose to put it in his pocket. But when he was about to put it in, something sharp, like a corner from a paper, so it didn’t hurt but he noticed it none the less. Instead of putting the card in his pocket he threw it on the ground and found the other paper thing, which apparently also was a card. He looked confused at it, then on the street and back again. It was blank, but when he turned it around he saw the phone number. When did that end up there? And whose was it? DaeSung raised a brow but decided to think about it later, when he had found JiYong and taken him to the hospital too, if he was still alive…

 

After about an hour of search on the one side, he drove over a bridge and looked at the other side. Stopping at every possible place where JiYong could have come up. But he didn’t find him. After he got into the car again at the last possible place, he hit his arms down in the steering-wheel of pure abandoned hope. In frustration he smashed his hand with lots of power, down in the middle of the steering-wheel, and caused a honk in the horn. Tears started running down from his eyes and he just gave up. He broke down in tears and sobs. This was just too much… As he cried he hid his head in his arms as he leaned against the steering-wheel. Every bit of his last energy had been out of him as was crying, there was nothing left in him that could keep him strong. Though he wasn’t hurt physically, he was definitely hurt psychologically. It hurt really much with being so strong for so long, and not being able to breathe properly. He had been so scared through all of this and the fear just came back now. The fear of losing and the fear of dying.

 

***

 

JiYong woke up with a dizzy head and looked confused around. His whole body felt cold from the wet clothes he wore and the water that kept his feet cold because he hadn’t gotten the last bit of his legs up, so that part was still down in the water. A new honk made him wake up fully. He shook his head and let a hand run through his sticky hair that was tangled together and made it hard to get the fingers through it. Slowly he moved up the stairs, but he could only use his hands and his knees to get up. It felt like his feet could fall off right away when he started moving, like all his muscles felt weak and sore from the strengths he had used to get to here. With his elbows he got up to the top of the stairs, and rested his head on the ground. He knew that he had to get up quicker, to maybe get to the car. Right now he didn’t care a bit about who the person was, who was in the car, just the fact that he could perhaps get to a hospital. Somehow he felt a bit like a zombie as he made his way with the rest of his body up from the stairs. When he finally got his body away from the stairs, then he collapsed on his back from the exhausting fight to just get to here. Everything inside of him burned to get away from this spot, and perhaps survive. To be honest right now, he didn’t really feel alive. Actually if felt like he was trying to get to heaven or something, because he really felt dead, and the struggle to get up here, must be a good comparison to heaven. God must have a way to sort out those who shouldn’t be there, and claiming up stairs like that, had to be the ultimate challenge. Somehow he had to make it, but how, he didn’t have a clue of. With a heavy breath, he tried to get a little up, so he could support him with his knees, but those kinds of powers were gone right now. His eyes closed shut when he fell down on his front again after trying to get up.

 

Out of nowhere, he felt arms around him. Arms that tightened and a person he was pressed against. He opened his eyes a tiny bit and noticed that the person, who sat beside him and held him, could only be DaeSung. That feeling that overwhelmed him, of being safe and secure, was the best feeling in the world. He was found and he was safe. This must be the greatest thing in the world, to be found after being lost. While he was being held, he could feel the small vibrations of the person beside him sobbing. With all his heart he wanted to hold DaeSung to comfort him, but he couldn’t manage to even keep his eyes open. After a while of unknown time, JiYong could feel his body being lifted from the ground and put on something rather soft. Something made a noise just beside him and another noise indicated that the door in front of him was being opened and closed again. DaeSung the car and drove towards the hospital where the others already were. JiYong could hear him trying to get in contact, but he was far away and couldn’t really answer. As they arrived, a team of doctors and nurses took JiYong to examination, and left DaeSung be, just outside of the room.

 

“This must be difficult for you.” A voice behind DaeSung said when he let out a huge sigh. Quickly DaeSung turned around and saw the leader guy they had just fought with, standing in front of him.

 

“If you think THIS is difficult, then let me smash your face with a brick, and let us see which one of us, who thinks it’s difficult.” DaeSung exclaimed in an angry tone. The man smiled at him, like the threat was like pure air.

 

“You really are a feisty thing huh?” The man said with a smile that could just as well be a smirk. DaeSung looked at him with a deathly glare.

 

“We made a deal. You stayed away, and you got what you wanted.” DaeSung stated instead of actually answering what he said. Anyway, he didn’t want to be called feisty from a person like this guy.

 

“Yes, we did. You told me to let you all be and no threats. But you didn’t tell me to stay away.” The man said and DaeSung just looked at him as he could set him on fire.

 

“Shall I make it crystal clear for you? LEAVE US THE ALONE!” DaeSung almost yelled straight to his face, but he didn’t even care. Luckily there were no other people on the way, so they were pretty much alone.

 

“I won’t harm nor hurt you. I just want to talk to you alone. But maybe I should introduce myself properly, before talking any further with you.” The leader guy said as he stepped closer. DaeSung just took a step back instead, so they kept the distance. It only amused the guy even more.

 

“I don’t need any acquaintance with you. So I don’t want to know you, nor your name. What would really satisfy me, would be you walking away and leaving me alone.” DaeSung said as if he was spitting fire. The leader smiled towards DaeSung as they were good friends.

 

“Good… But if you will ever want to give me a call, then you have my number.” The man said as he was about to go again. DaeSung looked confused but then remembered the phone number he had gotten on the card from his pocket.

 

“So you put it there?” DaeSung asked, more or less himself, in disbelief. How could he not notice that? And exactly when did he put it there?  The leader turned halfway around to look at DaeSung over his shoulder.

 

“That was easy. But I hope they will all be okay eventually. Not to mention you of course. If there’s anything you can just call me, I can help with anything.” The man promised and DaeSung looked suspicious at him, not really liking the fact that he offered him help.

 

“Well, I won’t call you. And if it hadn’t been for you, then we would be okay already, and NOT HERE!” DaeSung yelled after him, causing a nurse to flinch who had just went around the corner and now hurried away. The leader just smiled that weird smile.

 

“There’s power in you. No matter what, you could be just the person I could use.” The man said as he turned around and walked away, leaving DaeSung behind as he was going to explode. If he wasn’t a “calm” person, he would run straight to him and strangle him or something. It would be very satisfying. Instead of running after him to kill him, DaeSung went the other way to find SeungRi and perhaps the other two, who maybe would be good by now. He had good news, about JiYong whom he had found. While looking around he met a lot of people – who of course recognized him. He tried to be nice, as his reputation made him, and a few times he even had to stop and talk to people. But he told the persons that he had to go now and they understood – luckily. At some point he found the room where SeungRi had been before, after asking at least 3 nurses and even one doctor. He softly knocked on the door, and he heard SeungRi’s calm voice answer him from the other side. So he opened the door and SeungRi almost jumped up from his seat on a hospital bed.

 

“What happened?” SeungRi asked very concerned, especially with the facial expression that DaeSung had on. DaeSung smiled, warmly and with a new calm expression, to him.

 

“I found JiYong, and he is okay. They are examining him right now. Please sit down again, we can’t do anything else than wait right now.” DaeSung told him and SeungRi almost jumped in his arms as he hugged him. He had never felt more grateful towards DaeSung. While he hugged him tightly a doctor came in and SeungRi quickly let go of him again while blushing a little.

 

“You can see the others now. But I don’t have any news yet about Mr. Kwon.” The doctor announced as he looked at the two of them. DaeSung smiled, a weak and tired smile, but a smile that was happy to know that he would soon be able to see SeungHyun.


“Where are they?” DaeSung asked and the doctor put out a hand as a gesture for them to follow. They went out of the room and followed the man to a room not too far away and at the exact moment when he saw SeungHyun in the bed, he ran towards him and held his hand. He wanted to hug him, but he didn’t want to cause him any more pain. A frail tear ran from DaeSung’s eye and squeezed SeungHyun’s hand like he could squeeze life into him via his hand.

 

“Please… Wake up… I need you… I need you so much right now… I beg you, please.” DaeSung whispered into their hands while his eyes were closed and it hurt so much in his body. Being strong wasn’t easy, and seeing all of them being in such a bad condition, was really heartbreaking. The thing he needed most right now, was SeungHyun’s arms, and a kiss. That would be the best gift in the world, to know he was okay and feel a bit of love. But SeungHyun didn’t move an inch, nor did he move a single feature. A new tear made its way from his eye and reached their hands, as he tried to hide his face in them, even thought it didn’t succeed very well. SeungRi looked at the poor sight and wanted to do something, but he knew he couldn’t. He wasn’t SeungHyun and it seemed that the person DaeSung needed most was SeungHyun. Slowly he approached YoungBae instead, sitting down beside him.  His torso was bandaged and he was also asleep for now. SeungRi carefully caressed the back of his hand with his index finger and looked at him, though he looked far away into his own thoughts. All those “Why?”, “How?”, “Who?”, “What?” – Questions filled his head and the top of them all, was JiYong that his thoughts circled around. He could still hear the weak whisper from DaeSung, who was still crying slightly. Though, SeungRi wanted to comfort him, he was still sure that he was not the right person to do so.

 

“Mr. Kwon should be fine from our judgment. He will recover quickly.” A voice sounded from the door and both DaeSung and SeungRi turned their heads in surprise from the sudden interruption that none of them had expected. They hadn’t heard the door open, or the footsteps from the doctor. From the news, SeungRi could feel the tears press on, but he didn’t let any of them escape, instead he got up.

 

“Can I see him?” He asked without really thinking. The doctor nodded and let out a hand to gesture that he followed him.

 

“Thank you.” SeungRi said sincerely, and walked towards the door. He gave DaeSung a quick look, to know if it was okay, and DaeSung nodded, even though none of them uttered a word, they just knew. SeungRi smiled very weak and slightly with a grateful expression. He then followed the doctor and was led to a room a little away from where he came from. From the first sight of the weak, pale and sleeping person that he was met with in the room, he rushed towards him. The doctor closed the door behind him, not to experience the re-uniting of them. SeungRi grabbed his hand and held it to his chest like it was a teddy bear.

 

“Wake up. Please?” SeungRi asked in a pleading tone and was still hugging his hand like his life depended on it. Nothing happened though. Instead SeungRi just sat there, with the lifeless hand in his embrace and squeezed it. He didn’t know for how long he was sitting there in silence and thoughts, before he felt the moving of fingers to his chest. From that feeling he was snapped out of whatever his thoughts had been and looked intense at the person in front of him. JiYong made small noises from what sounded like hurt and moved a few features in his face like he was about to wake up. SeungRi squeezed his hand a little more into his chest, and looked worried at him. In this moment he could pray to God, even with the lack of faith, just to let him wake up and be alright when he did. Slowly he dared to move a hand away from his teddy bear hand in his embrace, to softly caress his cheek, and it seemed to work very well, because JiYong muttered a few things, but it was such a tiny whisper that it was impossible for SeungRi to hear what he was saying.

 

“JiYong? Wake up…  I know you can do it, just open your eyes.” SeungRi begged and continued to caress his cheek, giving it a soft kiss when he moved his hand away for a few seconds. Very slowly, JiYong actually started to wake more up and what felt like an eternity, he started opening his eyes slightly. Because of the light, he closed them again, but tried to get used to it, so he could open them fully.

 

“What happened?” JiYong asked with a thin voice and opened his eyes a little more. He was still very weak and felt like sleeping again, but he needed to get some answers. SeungRi once again felt the tears form in his eyes, from pure happiness of seeing his love being semi okay.

 

“You fell into the water and DaeSung found you. Luckily! Now you are at the hospital and the doctors have just examined you.” SeungRi said with deep emotions in the top of his voice. JiYong closed his eyes again, but opened them shortly after, giving him a small nod to show that he understood. The whole event started to form in his head again and the “trip” in the water was already a nightmare compared to anything else he had ever experienced.

 

“Do you feel alright?” SeungRi asked carefully, and JiYong answered with a slight nod. SeungRi felt a little relieved, though he knew he was still weak and probably felt bad.

 

“A little tired, but otherwise I’m okay.” JiYong answered him with a small smile that was almost invisible. SeungRi smiled a little more, to hear him talk with a more normal voice and hear that he was okay. SeungRi bend down and placed his lips softly on JiYong’s and felt the answer that JiYong gave him in the kiss. Both of them smiled slightly by the kiss and SeungRi let go of his hand that he was still holding towards his chest. When they broke apart, JiYong smiled more than before.

 

“I love you, and I promised to come back.” JiYong silently muttered and SeungRi nodded slightly.

 

“Yes, you did and I love you too.” SeungRi answered him, putting his bad hand on JiYong’s chest, causing JiYong to look confused at his bandaged arms.

 

“What happened to you?” He asked concerned and SeungRi laughed a little.

 

“Well, one of the guys threw a knife at me and it ended up in my arm because I was holding a gun and it caused a rather big wound, so I have it stitched together, but I’m fine.” SeungRi answered with a slight smile. JiYong was still looking concerned.

 

“So, then what happened to the guy who did it?” JiYong asked with a more worried voice. He figured that SeungRi hadn’t gone easy on him from stabbing him with a knife.

 

“Oh well, I shot him.” SeungRi said with a more low voice. He didn’t really know he should feel about it. Killing a person like that, cold blooded and so close.

 

“Did he die?” JiYong asked with a weird, more like an afraid voice. SeungRi just slowly nodded as a confirmation about that fact. JiYong swallowed hard and looked the other way. It was quite scary with all this and now SeungRi had killed a person. At least one. He didn’t know if he had killed more.

 

“Where are the others? Are they okay?” JiYong carefully asked, not wanting any bad news. SeungRi smiled a little again.

 

“They are all here, and they are okay, from what I know. YoungBae and SeungHyun weren’t awake when I was in their room, but they should be fine, don’t worry.” He softly said as he caressed the back of his hand. JiYong felt relief melt inside of him.

 

“Good. What happened after I was gone?” JiYong suddenly asked, and SeungRi sighed deeply. So much had happened, and he wasn’t sure where to start. After a break of thinking, he finally told him the story of what they had done and what the other team had done to them. JiYong kept looking more and more afraid and also angry.

 

“But SeungHyun confessed and they just let you go?” JiYong asked at the end and wasn’t sure why they had done that.

 

“You know DaeSung, he can persuade everybody, but actually I think the leader guy was afraid of dying, so he knew that he was trapped with the four of us, and he only had a sniper somewhere. I guess he made the deal to get away safely.” SeungRi answered, thinking about it for a short while.

 

“Yes, he is rather good at convincing people to do different things.” JiYong smiled slightly while thinking about DaeSung and how he sometimes got everyone to follow his every lead. SeungRi smiled and gave a few agreeing nods.

 

“Yes. He was so strong today. I wonder how he managed to be so clear in his head and make everything work so well. It’s unbelievable that he didn’t break down at any point. He must be a lot stronger than I have ever thought he would be. It’s surprising.” SeungRi said, sounding rather amazed by the fact that DaeSung handled everything so well.

 

“I guess he must be really hurt now. Taking care of everything and not break down, that would be a wonder.” JiYong agreed and they sat a while in silence, not sure what to say. SeungRi suddenly smiled and gave JiYong a kiss, which surprised him a little.

 

“What was that for?” JiYong asked after they broke apart, still a little surprised by the sudden action that he hadn’t expected. SeungRi smiled and held his hand again.

 

“I’m just happy that you are here, and everyone is alright. It makes me calm again.” SeungRi answered him with the smile that could throw every smile away if it was a competition.

 

“Me too.” JiYong said with a slight smile and squeezed his hand a little. SeungRi was still smiling a huge adorable smile that JiYong couldn’t resist. He pulled SeungRi closer for another kiss, just when a nurse entered and looked surprised from the sudden close action between the two famous celebrities. SeungRi pulled away again with a quick move and looked at the nurse.

 

“I see he’s awake. I will get a doctor.” The rather young girl said and her face was an indescribable expression, as she quickly turned around and closed the door behind her with a small slam. Both JiYong and SeungRi broke into laughter for a while before the doctor arrived and they gathered themselves together. The doctor started talking with them and examined JiYong to check if everything was as it should be.

 

***

 

DaeSung had his head bend in a weird angle like he was praying just without the closed hands. He wasn’t praying though, instead he was so tired and felt like he could fall asleep anytime, but everything inside of him refused. His body was going on close-down from all the tension, tears, fears and all the scary things today. Everything inside of him told him that he needed to rest, but he couldn’t, not before SeungHyun and YoungBae was awake so he could be sure that they were both okay. He noticed in his half sleep, that SeungHyun moved a little and he felt a slight squeeze in his hand that he held with SeungHyun’s.

 

“Hyung?” DaeSung softly asked to see if he was really awake. After a few seconds of no answer, he figured that there would be none.

 

“Haven’t I told you not to call me that?” A weak and sleepy voice asked him. DaeSung looked surprised at SeungHyun and he could scream in joy from hearing his voice. His body burned to give him a hug, but he managed to have a little self-control and didn’t do it.

 

“Sorry.” DaeSung just said with a huge smile that had formed on his lips. SeungHyun smiled a little, even though he hadn’t seen DaeSung yet, because his eyes were still closed.

 

“Are you alright?” DaeSung asked him and SeungHyun slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times and smiled a little more when he saw his love sit there beside him and holding his hand so tight.

 

“Yes Angel. I am. You are here.” SeungHyun softly said and it only caused DaeSung to smile more, even blush a little.

 

“Come here.” SeungHyun whispered and DaeSung came closer, as SeungHyun softly pulled him closer and shared a sweet kiss with him. SeungHyun put his arms around him and made him rest on his shoulder. DaeSung barely touched his shoulder, because he was afraid to hurt him. SeungHyun softly pressed his head down to lie on it and caressed his hair.

 

“I should be the one to comfort you.” DaeSung softly mumbled and felt the tiredness almost take over. SeungHyun smiled a little.

 

“No, because I’m the one of us, who is okay.” He answered and DaeSung closed his eyes as he put an arm across SeungHyun’s chest. SeungHyun knew very well that DaeSung couldn’t be okay with all of this, even if he pretended to be.

 

“I’m okay. You are hurt with all those wounds and all that…” DaeSung whispered while his eyes were closed. He could feel the hand caress his hair, causing him to feel safe and warm. Something he had craved for the last few hours.

 

“Did you find JiYong?” SeungHyun asked and DaeSung moved his head in what he thought was a nod.

 

“Yes. I guess he made his way up from the water. He is okay from what the doctor said.” DaeSung answered as his eyes felt heavier and the sleep was overcoming him.

 

“That’s good. Then we are all safe now.” SeungHyun softly said as he continued to caress his hair, though carefully.

 

“Yes we are.” DaeSung whispered with such a low voice, that SeungHyun barely heard, even though DaeSung was right next to his ear. Then he fell asleep from the sleep that had taken over. SeungHyun smiled a little and was still caressing his hair, while thinking a little about all of this.

 

YoungBae smiled a little from what he saw and heard. He had tilted his head to the side when he woke up and heard the two of them talk. From their talk about JiYong and all of them being safe, he felt relieved. Slowly he turned his head back to stare up into the ceiling and think about everything that had happened not too long ago. It was overwhelming with all this, and it was something that shouldn’t even happen. Not to any of them. It was a movie-like thing and he was actually surprised that something like that happened in real life. He felt like he was in a bad movie and all of this had been like hidden camera. It didn’t feel good…

 

 

A/N: Hello guys! I'm soooooo sorry for not updating for SO long! I know it's bad of me, but there has been so many things lately and now Christmas is coming up tomorrow. Crazy! So I hope you will like the chapter you probably have been waiting for, and Merry Christmas! :D