Realising (Yunho/Kyuhyun)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by chocomomo92~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yunho Sunbae, I love you." Cho Kyuhyun spoke. He was in the library, staring at the 'love of his life' that was known as Jung Yunho, the school's student council president. The elder sighed, glaring up at Kyuhyun after closing his book. Not that there was any hate or foul emotions detected in his stare.

"Stop saying that. It's annoying." Yunho muttered in an annoyed tone, although, he couldn't say that it was an odd turn of events. Kyuhyun was always like this, always confessing his well-known 'love'. Kyuhyun simply nodded, sitting across the table from Yunho. He had been there since who knows when. Kyuhyun smiled before staring at the clock.

"Oh, I need to go now, see you later. Yunho Sunbae, I love you." Kyuhyun repeated, standing off from his seat and racing out the door. Yunho looked up, giving a slight nod of acknowledgement before looking back at his book. Sometimes Yunho questioned the strange loyalty of the younger, wondering if it would fade over time or continue through their stages of adulthood. No matter how much Yunho thought about it, somewhere through his train of thought, he admitted to himself that he had become used to Kyuhyun.

"Yunho hyung." Someone suddenly called, the sound of the voice belonged to his younger brother, Changmin. Yunho looked up at the younger, giving a questioning look.

"Yeah, what is it Changmin?" Yunho asked, Changmin gave him an odd look.

"Why don't you just tell Kyuhyun that you don't love him?" Changmin asked, causing Yunho to widen his eyes in surprise. He wasn't expecting such a question.

"...Even if I did say that to him, I don't think it would make a difference. He always says he loves me, and I did used to say 'I don't love you'. But after a while, I realised the words had no effect on him what so ever so I just stopped. I couldn't be bothered wasting my breath." Yunho replied after much consideration, Changmin gave a suspicious look.

"So you used to say it? And now you don't because the words don't affect him?" Changmin questioned, wanting Yunho to hear his own reason. The elder nodded.

"Yeah. Why are you asking?" Yunho asked, brushing off how odd his words sounded in his own head.

"Yunho, sometimes I question if you're true to your words. Tell me that you don't return Kyuhyun's feelings." Changmin quickly spoke, Yunho couldn't understand why the other was acting in such a way.

"...Why?" Yunho asked Changmin, his suspicious little brother. Changmin looked down and sighed, then staring Yunho directly in the eye. The elder's eyes widened slightly, hardly ever seeing that look on the younger's face.

"Simple hyung. If you don't take him, then I will." Changmin spoke, causing Yunho to freeze. He had never thought that there would be a day in which somebody would take Kyuhyun away from him. No, those weren't the right words. Yunho never thought there would be a day that Kyuhyun would willingly leave him.

"..." Yunho went silent, Changmin giving him a light pat on the shoulder.

"Choose wisely."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho walked down the hall, Changmin's words haunting his head. If he didn't take him, then his younger brother would. Yunho gulped, hands placed firmly in his pocket. If Yunho did not 'claim' Kyuhyun, Changmin was going to. It was all a matter of time. Yunho shook his head, he couldn't understand. At first, he thought that there was nothing wrong about it, Changmin was free to have Kyuhyun as his. But, after a while, the idea turned sour. To see Kyuhyun be with someone else, holding another person and kissing another person... Yunho wasn't sure why the idea was unpleasant. Why should he have cared?

Suddenly, the sound of glass breaking was picked up. Yunho's eyes widened.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Yunho heard someone yell, and without a doubt, that was Kyuhyun's voice. Not even thinking, just on instinct, Yunho began running down the hall, looking for Kyuhyun.

"What's wrong with you?! Hanging around Yunho Oppa all the time!" Another person yelled, a female voice. Yunho bit his lower lip.

"So what?! He doesn't mind! He's never said anything about it!" Kyuhyun quickly retorted, the voices echoed down the hall. Yunho turned his head left and right, figuring that the younger was probably in one of the classrooms. Finally, he spotted Kyuhyun and two girls. In one of their hands, was a glass bottle filled with a little bit of liquid. Whether it was acid, water or anything else, Yunho was worried about the contents of it. He quickly opened the door.

"Ah, you damn-"  The girl was cut off, turning her head and widening her eyes.

"Yah!" Yunho quickly shouted, his voice echoing through the area. Once the two girls saw that Yunho, their prince, was there, they quickly ran out of the classroom through the other door located at the back of the class. Yunho stared, analysing the current situation. There was Kyuhyun, near by the window breathing heavily. The window behind him was shattered, small glass shards decorating the floor. Clearly, someone had tried to throw something at Kyuhyun. Soon, the elder saw a brick. Yunho's breath hitched.

Kyuhyun looked up, giving a thankful and relieved expression. Thankfully, Yunho was there. The elder quickly walked over to him, observing, seeing if the younger had any injuries which were hidden.

"Yunho-" Kyuhyun was cut off by Yunho. The elder hadn't felt so angry in a while.

"What happened?" Yunho quickly asked, Kyuhyun looked to the floor.

"While I was in here, those two girls suddenly came in and told me to stop hanging out with you. I said no, and they threw a brick at the window, but they were aiming for me." Kyuhyun explained, Yunho growled as he ruffled his own hair.

"Hmm..." Yunho was attempting to keep his anger in, but it wasn't working.

"Yunho Sunbae?" Kyuhyun questioned, noticing the look in Yunho's eyes. The elder couldn't hold it in, he snapped.

"What on Earth is wrong with you?! Why are you always so foolish?! I told you to be careful!" Yunho shouted angrily, not actually mad at the younger. He was just extremely concerned. If anything, he was angry at those two girls who had attempted to hurt the other before. How could Kyuhyun let himself get into such a situation? But then again, Yunho didn't feel that it was Kyuhyun's fault. It was his own. How could have Yunho not seen Kyuhyun sooner? He should have realised when Kyuhyun was not there in his classroom, simply waiting and watching the elder to leave and go home. Yunho shook, If the younger had gotten hurt... Yunho wasn't sure how he would have felt.

"I did, but-" Kyuhyun was cut off once again.

"You keep doing stupid things like following me around, that's why you end up in these situations! You're always clinging to me, it's so annoying! Can't you just-" Yunho suddenly stopped, realising his words, they weren't true. Of course, there were many reasons why he questioned Kyuhyun for following him, but that was not something unordinary. Yunho never found Kyuhyun that annoying either, just a little. To be honest, he always felt lonely without the younger.

What was Yunho about to say before he stopped? Was he about to tell Kyuhyun to stop following him? To leave? Yunho bit his lip, staring down at Kyuhyun. The younger stared at him for a second before looking to the ground. No. Yunho's heart began to race, ache and hurt. That expression of pain was on Kyuhyun's face. Betrayal, sadness, everything negative. Yunho could see it, Kyuhyun's eyes were slowly becoming wet with swallowed tears. Yunho froze, he wasn't sure what to do.

"..." Kyuhyun's breath hitched, he had finally been rejected. The younger stared at Yunho, the corners of his mouth twitching into a smile, but slowly collapsing afterwords at each attempt. Yunho gave an apologetic and somewhat shocked look, that was one of the things that he had always noticed about Kyuhyun. He noticed how even though Kyuhyun was sad on the inside, he still tried to smile.

Through the silence, slowly, Kyuhyun looked down to the floor, finally walking away. He passed Yunho, shoulders grazing just slightly, walking towards the door and leaving into the hall. Yunho turned, why wasn't he running after the other? Why wasn't he able to speak? Yunho groaned as he closed his eyes.

It didn't matter. It wasn't going to.

At least, that's what Yunho hoped.

"...Kyuhyun..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Yunho walked to school and went to his locker. It didn't feel right. Yunho looked around, giving a trembling smile afterwards. Of course it didn't feel right, Kyuhyun wasn't there. The younger wasn't with him, giving him one of the prettiest smiles anyone could give so early in the morning. Yunho placed his bag in his locker quickly taking out the books which he needed for the next period. Yunho then hummed to himself, attempting to drown out the silence. It was hardly ever like that. Usually, Kyuhyun would have been busy talking about something completely unrelated to anything else he had said in the past 10 minutes, and Yunho would actually bother to listen most of the time.

Yunho began to walk to class, noticing his reflection. He took his fingers and used them to brush his hair. Yunho groaned, it simply didn't look right. But then again, Yunho never did it. Kyuhyun was always the one that would mention it and do it. Yunho's eyes widened slightly, touching his tie. It was crooked, not that he had ever noticed. It was because Kyuhyun would always be the one to bring up the topic and make it straight.

The elder continued on his way, wondering if perhaps, Kyuhyun would show up out of nowhere and pretend as if everything that happened yesterday didn't occur. And for some reason, that was what Yunho was hoping for. He didn't realise how lonely it seemed when the younger wasn't there, even though he did have other friends to spend time with. Yunho ruffled his hair, looking into one of the classrooms. It was Kyuhyun's. Kyuhyun always had math in the morning on a Wednesday- Yunho widened his eyes. Since when did he know that?

Yunho bit his lip as he simply as he saw Changmin lying against the wall with two other men, giving him a suspicious look. Suddenly, Yunho felt himself tense up. If he wasn't going to take Kyuhyun, Changmin would. Yunho wasn't sure why he didn't like the idea of that. Perhaps he had grown too attached. Yunho cursed mentally, walking on and pretending everything was normal.

It wasn't though.

He hadn't expected so many changes at the loss of just one person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yunho hyung, why isn't Kyuhyun hanging out with you?" Changmin asked, entering the classroom to see Yunho sitting at the teacher's desk. It was the end of the day, and most students had already gone home or stayed to simply hang out with friends and participate it club activities. Yunho on the other hand was doing his work again. But well, as the class president, that was what Yunho was meant to do. Changmin saw it, the way Yunho reacted to his words. The elder froze instantly, gulping. That clear look in his eyes. Sadness.

"...I guess he finally got over his silly crush." Yunho muttered quietly, quickly looking down at the paper in front of him. The elder stared at the words, not really reading them. His lower lip quivered, Yunho pretended not to know why.

"Why do you sounded so disappointed when you say that?" Changmin asked with a somewhat mocking tone, being able to see through all of Yunho's lies. And Yunho's heart.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Yunho announced, Changmin scoffed as he made his way over to the window.

"Do you like seeing Kyuhyun hang out with other guys?" Changmin continued to question, the words caused Yunho's heart to quicken slightly.

"...I don't care who he hangs out with." Yunho muttered, Changmin rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, you really are blind. You don't know about it, Kyuhyun's status around the school." Changmin spoke, causing Yunho to turn to the younger immediately. What was his little brother talking about.

"Huh?" Yunho hummed.

"You're not the only one who is considered 'popular' at this school." Changmin went on, Yunho raised a brow.

"...What on Earth are you talking about?" Yunho asked.

"Since you're so blind, and ignore  all the gossip around school most of the time, you don't realise that he is actually the most popular male in the school. Besides you and me of course." Changmin stated, causing Yunho to widen his eyes. Kyuhyun never really mentioned anything about his popularity. But then again, perhaps, Kyuhyun was simply oblivious to it. Yunho knew how Kyuhyun hardly ever noticed such things.

"...Are you serious?" Yunho questioned, Changmin looked at Yunho.

"Look out the window and tell me what you see." Changmin spoke, Yunho raised a brow, but did as his younger brother told him to. Yunho walked to the window, eyes widening slightly at the sight.

"...It's Kyuhyun... He's hanging out with some guys... and girls..." Yunho muttered. The men were sitting close to Kyuhyun, a little closer than Yunho would have preferred. For some reason, Yunho's heart ached.

"He's quite a catch at this school. You know, he usually receives about  3 confessions each month? From both guys and girls. But he rejects them all. Or, well, he did. Now that he had given you up, I'm not sure anymore. People called you lucky for being able to capture the heart of Cho Kyuhyun." Changmin told his elder brother.

"..." Yunho stared, biting his bottom lip. Did Kyuhyun really give up people just to be with him?

"But you let him go, he slipped out of your grasp." Changmin slowly stated, Yunho reluctantly turned his head and walked back to the teacher's desk.

"...I don't care." Yunho uttered, a total lie. Changmin could tell.

"Look me in the eye and say that you're completely willing to see Kyuhyun be hugged and kissed by someone else. Say that you're willing to continue your relationship with Kyuhyun as nothing but strangers." Changmin demanded, walking closer to his elder brother and staring him straight in the eye. Yunho gave a surprised expression.

"..." Yunho went silent.

"You know, I hear Youngjae has a thing for him." Changmin suddenly brought up, Yunho's eyes widened. Changmin stifled a smile.

"Youngjae? That boy who's always late to class, never completes his work and his basically the worst grades in the whole school?" Yunho asked rhetorically, hands slowly becoming fists.

"Yeah. He's still a hit with everyone still. Who knows, perhaps he'll be able to take even Kyuhyun's heart." Changmin teased, seeing Yunho's knuckles slowly turn white.

"..." Yunho breathed lowly, considering what to do.

"What's with that look? This is what you wanted, right? Didn't you want this? Didn’t you want for Kyuhyun to leave you alone?" Changmin questioned in a sickeningly innocent tone of voice. Yunho growled lowly.

"...That was never what I wanted. This isn't what I want." Yunho spoke. It was the truest thing Yunho had said all day. He had never wanted Kyuhyun to leave him alone, it was never what he wished for. Of course, the elder did often tell Kyuhyun that he was annoying or something similar, but Yunho never told Kyuhyun to ever leave.

"You realise now? Well, it's too late. Kyuhyun is probably being courted by Youngjae again and-" Changmin was cut off by Yunho before he could finish his words.

"As if I would ever let Kyuhyun end up with him of all people!" Yunho finally shouted angrily. As if he would let his Kyuhyun end up with such a person. Changmin smiled slightly, his hyung was so slow.

"Go get him then, he's waiting. He always has been, he always will." Changmin whispered quietly to his elder brother, hiding how reluctant he was to say such words. Yunho was quick on his feet, running around his desk at the front of class and heading towards the door. Once Yunho grabbed the doorhandle, his eyes widened. The elder turned to his younger brother, Changmin, who was staring.

A gaze was shared between the brothers, who would have thought that they would ever fall in love with the same, amazing person? Yunho gave Changmin a concerned look, a silent apology almost. He knew of the younger's affections for Kyuhyun. Changmin closed his eyes for three seconds, putting his hands in his pockets. All it took was three seconds for Changmin to understand that he would from now on, he would never be able to love Kyuhyun the way he wanted to. Not that he ever could. Slowly, Changmin looked up, giving a bitter, but understanding smile. He knew it was better this way. Yunho's gaze softened, returning a sympathetic smile before dashing out the door.

Changmin sighed quietly once Yunho left, looking to the window. The sun had almost set, it lit up the sky into different shades of oranges and pinks. He could see Kyuhyun sitting there under a tree with a bunch of other different people, smiling and laughing. The other knew better though, it was all fake. Kyuhyun's smile was so painful, looking at his fake smile on his lips caused Changmin's heart to ache. When Kyuhyun was with Yunho, he never looked like that. It was so obvious, the way Kyuhyun smiled for Yunho, the way he happily laughed without a care in the world. So innocent, so beautiful.

Changmin kept the bitter smile on his lips, his reflection on the window. He knew he would never be able to make Kyuhyun as happy as Yunho could. Changmin couldn't deny it, he was jealous of Yunho. He always was. He was jealous of how his hyung could make Kyuhyun smile so brightly without even trying. Just the fact Yunho was near him would make Kyuhyun glow. He was jealous of how melodic Kyuhyun laughed when he was with Yunho. How Kyuhyun would become so gorgeously flustered at the slightest thing.

It wasn't fair.

But then again, love isn't fair.

It never was.

With a hardened smile, Changmin felt his eyes water slightly. He was never one to cry, was he? Only a single tear, carrying all of Changmin's emotions for the other, rolled off his cheek.

"...You better take care of him for me. Bastard."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho ran and ran, ignoring the slight pain in his left foot, it didn't matter. He quickly crossed the flight of stairs and to the door he went, racing outside to feel the breeze gently blowing against his skin. Even the wind was encouraging him. Yunho's eyes analyzed the area, searching for Kyuhyun. Yunho jogged a little, finally spotting Kyuhyun. But it seemed that Kyuhyun had spotted him first.

Without a single word, Yunho saw Kyuhyun running in the opposite direction, passed the east wall of the school and to the back of the building. Yunho quickly followed, attempting to catch up to the younger. He was quick on his feet.

"Kyuhyun!" Yunho called, but Kyuhyun simply continued to run. Too bad Yunho stopped him. The elder grabbed Kyuhyun by the wrist, pulling the younger to stop. Kyuhyun froze.

"Yunh-" Before Kyuhyun could even say Yunho's name, his words were cut off. Whether accidentally or purposely, which was unknown, the pair's lips touched. Kyuhyun stood there frozen at the feeling, unable to think. Was Yunho doing this on purpose? Or, perhaps, was it a simple accident? Kyuhyun quickly pushed the elder away. It wasn't right.

"..." They stared at each other, Yunho's eyes determined while Kyuhyun's eyes were widened. Soon though, the younger began to glare viciously, shaking off Yunho's hand which was around his wrist.

"Why the hell did you kiss me?" Asked Kyuhyun, using an acid tone of voice which had never been used to Yunho. Yunho's hands trembled slightly, the elder didn't allow himself to show any surprised emotion.

"Kyuhyun." Yunho quickly spoke, wanting to gain the other's attention.

"I thought you said I was stupid for following you! I thought you said I was an idiot for clinging onto you all the time! Are you going insane or something?!" Kyuhyun asked in a loud tone, growling slightly. Yunho simply stared, he tried to not let it affect him.

"Kyuhyun, listen to me." Yunho said, Kyuhyun couldn't hear those words though. All he could hear was the sound of his own rapid heartbeat.

"Do you think it's fun?! Toying with my feelings?! I was trying so hard to forget you!" Kyuhyun shouted, tears almost spilling from his eyes. Yunho looked at the younger.

"Did you succeed?" Yunho questioned, causing Kyuhyun's eyes to widen. Soon, a dark, red blush began to take way on Kyuhyun's cheeks. Just as they did before. Yunho stifled a smile as the younger looked down. It wasn't too late.

"...Idiot, of course I didn't!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, then using his arms to continuously hit the elder. Yunho didn't mind, it didn't really have any physical affect. To be honest, it didn't hurt at all. Yunho questioned whether that was because Kyuhyun didn't want to hurt the elder or he was just weak. Yunho was leaning towards Kyuhyun being weak. As Kyuhyun hit Yunho, a whimper escaped his lips. Finally, he stopped and held himself against Yunho's chest. The elder froze slightly. Slowly and cautiously, Yunho's arms made their way around Kyuhyun's body, causing the younger to become surprised.

Yunho closed his eyes, the feeling wasn't unpleasant. To be honest, he quite liked it. Kyuhyun's arms were wrapped tightly around the taller, hands tightly clutching the back of his shirt. Yunho didn't mind though, he was never going to.

"I'm sorry, really. I was, when I shouted those things at you... I was mad. Kyuhyun-ah, I was angry. I was so worried about you, the thought of you getting hurt... I couldn't stand it. I knew something like this would happen, so I always told you to be careful. So when something did happen... I just... I love you." Yunho mumbled. He had never admitted those feelings, he never said them out aloud. Perhaps somewhere at the back of his mind, Yunho always knew that he had grown to love the younger. That was why Yunho stopped saying, 'I don't love you', because it was no longer true.

"..." Kyuhyun went silent, eyes widening slightly. He let those words run through his head a couple times before giving a softened expression, eyes gently closing. How Kyuhyun longed to hear those words. Yunho felt Kyuhyun's grip on his shirt loosen, a sigh escaping the other's lips.

"Are... Are you serious? After all this time? For so long, I've been having this one-sided love and-" Kyuhyun gasped as Yunho suddenly cupped his face, bringing the younger in for another kiss. Yunho hummed, enjoying the fact that Kyuhyun seemed to be so much more willing. The gentleness of it all, the warmth and the hidden passion, it was perfect. With reluctance though, Yunho pulled away.

"First of all, you talk too much. Secondly, you're mine from now on. Any arguments?" Yunho asked, Kyuhyun widened his eyes before looking down.

"...N-No..." Kyuhyun stuttered, Yunho hesitantly reached out for the younger's hand.

"I'll... walk you home." Yunho muttered, Kyuhyun's eyes lit up with surprise and happiness. Yunho didn't say it aloud, but he loved it when that happened. Kyuhyun gave a shy smile, one of those smiles which Kyuhyun would always give the elder, Yunho stifled a grin.

Life was much better after he had told the truth.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yunho Sunbae, I love you." Kyuhyun spoke, as he usually did. It was a day after, and Kyuhyun had come to greet Yunho by the elder's locker. Yunho hummed, reaching for his school books which were due to be handed in during the next lesson. As he closed his locker, Yunho felt Kyuhyun's fingers on his chest, fixing his somewhat crooked tie. Yunho didn't show it, and he was happy. As it was before, as it was now... Yunho would never change it.

"...Let's go." Yunho muttered quietly, something he had never done. Kyuhyun's eyes stared for a couple seconds, his expression soon becoming a smile. Kyuhyun nodded, the two walking in union to class. Yunho turned his head, feeling someone staring. It was Changmin. Without a word, Yunho approached Changmin, placing a piece of paper in his younger brother's hands. Changmin raised a brow.

"What's this?" Changmin asked, Yunho shrugged.

"It's a phone number. I thought that I should introduce you to someone." Yunho stated, Kyuhyun simply stood near the elder, wondering what on Earth was going on. Changmin gave an 'Are you kidding me?' type of look.

"Hyung, I really don't want-" Changmin was cut off.

"It's Jaejoong's. I heard he had a 'thing' for you. Why don't you call it and see what happens?" Yunho asked, causing Changmin to suddenly hesitate.

"...Fine. But if anything happens, I'm blaming you." Changmin stated, Yunho gave a slight smile.

"Sure."

And with that, Yunho quickly continued on his path to the classroom, making sure that he wasn't walking too fast so Kyuhyun wasn't left behind. Everything was perfect.

Now, Yunho just had to make sure that nobody knew.

But perhaps that was too late.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, a little long... What do you guys think of another Yunkyu/Kyuho type fic? I'm really beginning to like these 'uncommon' couples with Kyuhyun involved... Did you like the story? Should I write a sequel?~ ^^