Insecurity (kyumin)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by Shion-chan~

-----------------------------------------------------

"...Sungmin." Kyuhyun called as he stood in front of the closet that the two of them shared in their room. The elder looked up from their bed, taking out his earphones which were connected to his laptop. Through all the music Sungmin was listening to, he was still able to hear the maknae's voice. From the outside, other sounds were able to be heard. Eunhyuk and Ryeowook were talking, probably debating about their looks again like usual, holding words against each other but never using it out of content, and Leeteuk's famous laugh was able to be heard from above them, was it because Hankyung and Heechul were doing something weird again?  And on the other hand, why were the floors so thin? It was the usual though, so no Super Junior members paid too much attention to it.

"Yeah?" Sungmin replied, seeing Kyuhyun hold a different pair of clothes, sleepwear. They had just come back from a little outing, and were exhausted. Almost time for bed. Sungmin changed into his clothes already when Kyuhyun was grabbing food from the kitchen, it seemed that now Kyuhyun was planning on changing.

"Could... Could you leave the room?" Kyuhyun asked, his voice more timid than it usually was. Sungmin raised a brow, not understanding the sudden request. It was something that Kyuhyun had never asked him

"Um, why?" Sungmin questioned back with the tone of surprise obvious, Kyuhyun looked down to the floor and bit his lower lip. What was that emotion in his eyes? Shame? Embarrassment? Fear? Or perhaps all three? Why on Earth would those emotions be what Kyuhyun was feeling? 

"...I need to change... so..." Kyuhyun whispered, the clothes he was holding in his hands. Sungmin's eyes widened, not understanding why he had to leave the room for the maknae to change. He had seen Kyuhyun before, so it shouldn't have been a big deal.

"Change then. You always changed in front of me before, what's the problem now?" Sungmin asked, sitting up, the feeling of worry beginning to sink in. Kyuhyun shook his head, looking anywhere but at Sungmin.

"It's just... Sungmin, it's different now. Could you please just leave the room?" Kyuhyun asked, Sungmin feeling shocked by the tone of voice. Rather than a request, it sounded as if Kyuhyun was begging him, the desperation glazed all over his words. The politeness, something which Kyuhyun never did unless he wanted something badly, why now?

"Why? What's so different?" Sungmin questioned, wanting to meet Kyuhyun's gaze but being avoided at every attempt. Kyuhyun sighed, the stress seemed to have finally caught up with the maknae as he ruffled his hair.

"It's.. It's ugly." Kyuhyun stated simply, hesitantly, causing Sungmin to widen his eyes. What was Kyuhyun talking about?

"What's ugly?" Sungmin asked, focusing on Kyuhyun's words. He was always worried about the other, always caring and always making sure he was alright. Height had nothing to do with it, no matter what, Kyuhyun still needed someone to take care of him. The maknae bit his lip once again, his body shaking slightly. Sungmin widened his eyes.

"My body." Kyuhyun answered, Sungmin's body froze.

"..." Sungmin went silent as he stared at the younger's quivering figure, Kyuhyun was still thinking about it. The maknae's car crash, 2007,  just 6 to 7 months ago. The memory had not yet left Kyuhyun's mind, nor did the trauma. Sungmin gave a sympathetic stare, unsure of what to say or do. Was Kyuhyun even going to listen to his words?

"Leave. Please." Kyuhyun repeated, his request still as genuine as before. Sungmin shook his head, not understanding.

"...Since when did you ever consider your body ugly? What makes you think that your body's ugly?" Sungmin questioned, pained that Kyuhyun, the maknae, the youngest, his lover, would ever think of himself in such a way.

"I..." Kyuhyun trailed off, unsure of which reason to bring up first. Though, the maknae decided not to say what he hated about his body the most since that car accident, because he didn't want Sungmin to know. The elder gave a disapproving look,

"Just so you know, I never thought that your body was ugly." Sungmin spoke, causing Kyuhyun's body to shake, not wanting to listen to the other. Kyuhyun looked up, giving Sungmin the type of gaze that caused his heart to ache.

"It's not like before." Kyuhyun uttered, almost unable to be heard. Sungmin knew what Kyuhyun was talking about, but pretended not to. He was trying to make Kyuhyun realise that, no matter how he looked, Sungmin was always going to love him.

"How so?" Sungmin questioned, Kyuhyun shook his head as he looked back down.

"The... The scars, they're so..." Kyuhyun trailed off, his voice beginning to shake once again. Sungmin hated to see Kyuhyun like this. Sungmin wanted to see Kyuhyun like he was before, before everything that happened.

"..." Sungmin wasn't sure what to say, nothing he spoke was going to make Kyuhyun listen.

"Can't you just leave so I can change? It's not that difficult, just-" Kyuhuyn was cut off by Sungmin, knowing the maknae wouldn't listen to him, but trying anyway.

"Kyuhyun, no matter what, your body's beautiful. It's flawless, and that's how it's always going to be." Sungmin spoke, a desperate attempt. Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin, giving a doubtful and somewhat angry look. 

"No it's not! Sungmin, don't lie to make me feel better. My body's not beautiful, and it's not flawless. You know as well as I do that it's hideous, deformed, ugly-" Kyuhyun felt his eyes well up, Sungmin scowling at the other.

"Nothing about you is ugly. The only thing is that seed of doubt in your mind you are anything less than perfect." Sungmin replied, Kyuhyun wiped his eyes as he sighed.

"Hyung, please, just stop talking and leave while I change." Kyuhyun asked, a simple request. His voice was even more shaky than before, and it hurt Sungmin's heart even more than before.

"..." Sungmin and Kyuhyun shared a silent gaze, the atmosphere was icy cold, but warm in some way.

"Please." Kyuhyun repeated, Sungmin sighed as he reluctantly stood up.

"...Fine, but remember that you'll always be beautiful to me." Sungmin spoke, Kyuhyun let out a cold laugh at those words. Even the maknae's smile began to falter.

"Yeah, if you find ugly things beautiful." Kyuhyun replied, Sungmin shook his head once again, but this time, with a slight glare. It was beginning to annoy him.

"Kyu, you're not ugly." Sungmin stated firmly, Kyuhyun gave a somewhat thankful, but doubting look.

"But that's how I feel." Kyuhyun murmured back, causing Sungmin to feel more anger. He didn't want the maknae to feel ugly, because he was certainly not. No one is 'ugly', no one is born 'ugly' and no one becomes 'ugly'. Appearance wise of course. All 'ugly' is physically is not fitting society's ideal standard.  'Ugly' is only used to describe something which does not fit into what the world wants.

"You have scars, so what? We all have scars on our bodies, things that we desperately want to change. Why are you making such a big deal of it?" Sungmin asked, regretting his words instantly when Kyuhyun's turned to him with widened eyes. Betrayal.

"..." Kyuhyun went silent, staring at Sungmin with hurt eyes. The elder shouldn't have said it, not now anyway. It had only been 1 or 2 months since Kyuhyun left the hospital, and he was adapting to life outside the hospital. If Kyuhyun hadn't been involved in that car crash, the scars would have never been there. Sungmin's words had a strong effect on the younger.

"I'm sorry, it didn't mean to come out like that. I was just trying to reason with you that it's normal to-" Sungmin was cut off by Kyuhyun's sorrowful smile.

"Go, please. I'll finish changing in less than 10 minutes." Kyuhyun spoke, Sungmin nodded, looking away.

"Sorry." Sungmin muttered once again, Kyuhyun stared at his lover and gave another smile, this one brighter than the one he gave before.

"It's fine, you were just trying to help." Kyuhyun replied, Sungmin continued on his way as he left the room and shut the door. What was the point? Sungmin stood there, hand gripped tightly on the door. Was this going to be how it was from now on? Sungmin heard the shower running, someone else was in there, which was why Kyuhyun didn't go into it to change. The elder thought to himself, closing his eyes for three seconds before opening them again. Sungmin went back into his room.

As Sungmin entered, Kyuhyun turned, hands clinging to his shirt and pressing it against his chest. The maknae's eyes widened.

"S-Sungmin." Kyuhyun stuttered, the elder simply stared. Yes, there were scars, marks on the younger's body which were once not there. Sungmin observed, eyeing Kyuhyun for a couple seconds before shrugging and walking to the bed.

"I see no difference." Sungmin muttered, once reaching the bed entering its blankets. Kyuhyun's eyes widened as they stared for a couple minutes, a smile then crawling to his lips as he put on his shirt.

"Good." Kyuhyun replied, steps hesitant as he approached the elder.

"Come on, it's time for bed." Sungmin stated. Kyuhyun grinned back childishly at the elder, something he hadn't done for a while. Sungmin smiled back.

"I know, you don't have to tell me." Kyuhyun whispered, creeping into bed beside the other as he turned off the small lamp which created light in the room. Sungmin nodded unconsciously as the younger entered his arms, his body warm as could be. Kyuhyun hummed as he cuddled into Sungmin's chest, not caring of the height difference. It didn't matter.

Sungmin laid on his elbow, fingers Kyuhyun's hair. Ever since Kyuhyun came back from the hospital, Sungmin had done this. To some extent, it helped Kyuhyun to keep away the nightmares he'd been having during the night. Sungmin would stay up late, the maknae's hair, simply watching for any signs of distress. The elder heard a light whimper, Kyuhyun's hands gently Sungmin's shirt. Kyuhyun was probably remembering the accident once again. Sungmin let out a gentle sigh, arms wrapping tightly around the younger, giving him a light peck on the forehead.

"Kyuhyun." Sungmin spoke quietly, thinking that the younger wouldn't hear him. Silently, Kyuhyun pulled himself into Sungmin's chest once more, the elder didn't mind. Kyuhyun's breathing became louder, another silent whimper heard.

"Thank you." Kyuhyun whispered, causing Sungmin's eyes to widen. He didn't think that Kyuhyun knew about what he did. Sungmin hummed in reply, not bothering to speak. Kyuhyun then remained silent, it seemed that he fell asleep once again, or perhaps he was faking it. Sungmin wasn't sure anymore. The elder simply laid his head on the pillow, holding Kyuhyun so close that he could hear the maknae's breath.

Sungmin wasn't going to mind if it was like this forever.

-----------------------------------------------

I've had this laptop for a week or two... and I still can't get used to it, doing stupid things! I accidentally erased a whole blog post of Kyuhyun drabble! >_< Not to mention screwing up with the media players of whatnot... I hope I get this soon. How was the chapter anyway? A little short, sorry, I've transferred to a different tutoring schedule... ^^