Thunderstorms (Yunho/Kyuhyun)

Oneshot Series
"Kyuhyun, focus." Jung Yunho spoke, tutor of the younger boy in front of him, Cho Kyuhyun. In a fairly large room which was dimly lit, Yunho sighed. His student hadn't been paying much attention to what he had said, looking rather tense as he stared down, clenching a pencil in his hand. Kyuhyun turned to him, not grinning as he usually would have, and not even giving off his usual vibe. Of course, Yunho didn't say anything.
 
He knew what was wrong, but pretended not to.
 
Something about Kyuhyun at that moment seemed so helpless, so delicate and fragile compared to his usual attitude. There was clear nervousness surrounding the younger, a clear shyness, mixed along with a little fear.
 
"S-Sorry, I'm just having a hard time concentrating..." Kyuhyun mumbled, feeling his body heat up. He had challenged himself to hold out until the lesson was done, but within the time span of 10 minutes, Kyuhyun wanted nothing more than to hide somewhere. Outside, thunder and lightning clashed, Kyuhyun had forgotten to close the curtains. It was only 6pm, but the skies were a dark black, more so than usual. 
 
With seeing the flash of light, accompanied by a crashing sound a couple seconds later, Kyuhyun's body became stiff. He didn't dare look up from his book, afraid of Yunho's opinion on the topic, and tried to ignore what was happening outside with every ounce of strength he had.
 
He swore that from there was a tiny smirk forming on Yunho's lips.
 
"Why?" Yunho asked, simply going along with the conversation, keeping his thoughts inside his head. Kyuhyun gave him a shy glance before staring back at his book. He didn't have the strength to say, 'I'm scared of thunder'.
 
Kyuhyun wasn't exactly sure why he was afraid of thunder, but he always had been, and had a feeling his always would be. For a man especially, age 17 and about to graduate high school, it was somewhat laughable. Him, Cho Kyuhyun, smartest student at school, slightly upper-class upbringing, born and raised into a sophisticated and loving family, it was honestly hard to see why thunder would have been a fear. Kyuhyun could never really understand it, and disliked feeling that sudden jolt run down his back, the urge to cower and hide suddenly becoming present.
 
While Kyuhyun wondered about his strange fear, his mother on the other hand, did have a logical explanation to why he was scared of thunder. She had told Kyuhyun multiple times, but he was unsure that a circumstance like the one he went through could lead to such a strong fear. Apparently what happened was, at the age of three, Kyuhyun had gotten lost one day while playing in the park, a sudden thunderstorm soon taking place. It wasn't until after the rain had settled was Kyuhyun able to be found by the police, completely exposed and scared, wet, and crouched with a rock under a tree. Ever since then, apparently, did Kyuhyun's fear of thunder start.
 
"It's nothing." Kyuhyun muttered, trying to keep his voice strong despite the fact it was obviously shaking. Yunho stared for a second, he sitting on the bed while Kyuhyun was at the desk, though the distance between the two was about half a meter. The elder then looked to the book on his lap, dramatically closing the book with both hands.
 
"Let's not study today, since you clearly don't have your head in the right frame of mind." Yunho spoke, no real warmth in his voice. Though, Yunho was never one to be overly caring, and would often show a cold side despite worrying greatly. But even though Kyuhyun knew this, it made him feel a little sad.
 
"...Sorry..." Kyuhyun whispered, feeling as if he had troubled the elder. Yunho, quickly realising the effect of his words, gave a light smile.
 
"It's fine." Yunho replied, more thunder heard and more lightning seen. Kyuhyun tensed up once again, causing Yunho to give another sigh. Though he found it all very amusing, it was also making him feel a little useless. Yunho spoke, "Kyu, seriously, what is it?"
 
A little blush appeared on Kyuhyun's cheeks when Yunho said 'Kyu', because his name was not often said in such a way by the elder, and he learned to treasure when it was. The younger closed his book, dropping his pencil and looking somewhere else. "You don't worry about it. It's nothing important, really."
 
This caused Yunho to scowl, crooking his head to the side slightly. Since Kyuhyun seemed to reluctant to tell him the obvious, it made Yunho feel somewhat sad and empty on the inside. But he knew that the younger would often clam up, so he had to use those words which hit him hard. Yunho asked softly, "Don't you love me enough to tell me?"
 
With those words, Kyuhyun's eyes widened. He had been dating Yunho for two years, not really caring for the age difference. The two had somehow managed to fall in love, Kyuhyun being 15 and Yunho graduating that year. It was the school's biggest scandal. On the other hand, Kyuhyun's parents were rather fond of Yunho, so they didn't really mind, especially as he tutored the younger without charge. Kyuhyun bit his lower lip, looking away. It was clear and obvious how much Kyuhyun loved Yunho, but sometimes he felt as if Yunho never really acknowledged him. Kyuhyun stuttered, "I-It's not that..."
 
"Then what?" Yunho asked, voice containing more force, speaking with more authority. Kyuhyun was never able to go against that voice, not once. The younger turned his body towards Yunho and covered his face.
 
"It's just embarrassing, really, it's so-" Kyuhyun was cut off, with the sound of thunder clashing once again. 
 
He had held his urges to just run and hide like a little child, and had reached his breaking point. Kyuhyun was no longer able to control himself, his body not even listening to his head. The first reaction, like a sudden instinct, was to jump into Yunho's arms. He quickly moved, standing from his seat and to Yunho, who seemed as if he had expected it. There was no other way to explain that smile on the elder's lips, nor was there a way to explain how Yunho so readily held him.
 
"Let me guess, you're scared of thunder." Yunho stated, the younger finding a seat on his lap. Kyuhyun felt his cheeks burn, onto cuddling closer to Yunho's body and hiding his face. Instinctively, Yunho's arms held Kyuhyun even tighter than they did before.
 
"...Yeah..." Was all Kyuhyun could murmur, what a foolish thing to be afraid of. It made him so embarrassed, but in Yunho's arms, he felt safe. Kyuhyun let out a somewhat pleasant hum, Yunho running his fingers through the younger's locks of hair. He gave a little smirk, something he had learn to do, oh so well from Kyuhyun.
 
'I always knew, your mother told me. Can't remember when though." Yunho whispered, causing Kyuhyun's eyes to widen once again. He stared at the elder, but made no action to move away.
 
"Then why didn't you do anything?!" Kyuhyun asked, feeling humiliated to some extent, not to mention completely regretful. He could have spent more time with Yunho holding him. 
 
The elder simply gave a light laugh.
 
"I wanted you to break. I wanted to see you need me." Yunho replied simply, Kyuhyun only giving a light whine before sinking back into the elder's body. With every crash of thunder, Kyuhyun cuddled more tightly into Yunho, and the latter really wasn't going to complain.
 
"...You're such a jerk." Was all Kyuhyun was able to say, keeping all the curse words he had on the tip of his tongue at bay. He didn't want to say anything unnecessary at the moment. It all felt too tender, especially the light kiss on the forehead Yunho gave to him.
 
"Only you can say that without me getting offended." Yunho commented bluntly, Kyuhyun completely ignoring the statement completely and letting out a light hum. 
 
It felt so safe in Yunho's arms, so warm.
 
The feeling of being loved, held and protected, nothing was better.
 
So if every thunderstorm was going to lead to Yunho, Kyuhyun wasn't going to mind.


------------------------------

Just something that was on my mind... from another account. If you noticed, the user called Dangoya, is me. I made that account after I deactivated this one and was still thinking about whether or not to come back (had some issues). And eventually I did come back, so I'm just moving stories (not plagiarism, since it is myself). I missed writing here!~ ^^