Baby Baby (4Men) (Kyumin)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by mrfishieanchovy~

Based off the Song 'Baby Baby' by 4Men. Kind of anyway, I hope it worked out! >_< I recommend you listen to it, a lovely song~ ^^

------------------------------------------------------


Sungmin smiled to himself, his latest song was finally complete. And just in time too. Being a solo singer and song writer wasn't a easy task. Sungmin looked at the clock, it was nearly 7. The darkness of night hadn't caught up with day yet. Sungmin turned his head and stared through the glass window. It was snowing again, just like every other year. For the last couple years, it was always like this. At the very same time, at the very same place, with the very same feeling. Sungmin remembered it all too well. The very first time. It was snowing, a cold wintry day. Just like this one.

He grabbed a thick jacket, smiling slightly. Sungmin never used to smile this much in the past. Everyone who he met would say he had changed, even his own family. But Sungmin didn't argue, it was true after all. He was different now. Compared to before, he had changed a lot. But even though the song-writer acknowledged that part, he wasn't completely sure why he had changed either. Only after thinking for a bit, he knew one thing. Sungmin only knew that his change... it was because of him. After meeting that person... he changed. Sungmin's onlook in life, his personality and his tastes... All thanks to that one special person. Sungmin sang the song he wrote in his head, certain lyrics repeated more than others... Yes, the song Sungmin had written was based on him.

Sungmin quickly put on a pair of shoes and raced out the music studio after tidying up his papers. As he walked down the long hallway, a couple people smiled and waved to him. Sungmin simply waved back. But as he passed one man in particular, going by the name of 'Jung Yunho', the taller grabbed the other's wrist and whispered to him quietly with an obvious grin.

"Hurry up Sungmin, he's waiting for you."

Sungmin simply smiled at the other and nodded happily, since when was life so good for him? Soon, Sungmin reached the exit. He stared outside, still snowing. Never before did the snow look so pretty until a couple years ago. Sungmin shook his head, he was becoming too much like the person waiting on him. With many footsteps behind him, Sungmin walked into the snow. He turned to see many children playing in the white blanket of snow, laughing loudly and smiling with innocence. Sungmin continued to walk on his way, memories quickly washing over him like the snowflakes falling.

------------------------------------------

Lee Sungmin, age seventeen, stood by his battered locker. He had forgotten his science books for class once again. The bell to signal it was time to go back to class was ringing loudly, echoing painfully into Sungmin's ears. The student didn't really care though that the bell was ringing, he didn't bother to rush. Sungmin simply rubbed his ears at the sound, finally his locker opened. Slowly, he looked through the flattened, stained and wrinkled pile of his books, trying to find the one he used for science. Sungmin couldn't tell the difference between the books, for all were the exact same size and shape. He didn't even both to label them, Sungmin groaned silently. If only he had, then perhaps he wouldn't be in this predicament.

As Sungmin sighed and looked to the door to go outside, he noticed it was open. The student raised a brow. Wanting nothing more than to stall so he wouldn't have to go to class, Sungmin decided to go close the door. And maybe, if he decided to, play in the snow. Not that he really liked the snow, it was pretty much meaningless to Sungmin. As he approached the door at a distance, he stared outside. Just a blanket of whiteness. Nothing more than that. Sungmin questioned how people could enjoy the snow, what good was it?

Sungmin took a step closer to the opened door, just close enough to feel the cold breeze and not be touched by the snow. It seemed that it was slowly stopping. Sungmin shivered lightly, his teeth jittering slightly. As Sungmin stared into the white blankness, he saw a figure. Just a silhouette. The student struggled to see who was there, taking another step closer. The snow began to cease. Now all that remained as a blanket of snow and the person standing, not that Sungmin could clearly see of course. The last snowflake came and landed on the end of Sungmin's nose, making him shake his head and growl lowly. By now, Sungmin had made his way to the door, holding the door knob.

Once the student was able to see the figure clearly, his eyes widened. Sungmin stared in awe. How was it possible for there to be such a beautiful person? Was it an angel perhaps? Sungmin shook his head, he managed to convince himself within a couple seconds it wasn't an angel. For they didn't exist in Sungmin's mind. Out in the snow stood a boy. A completely breath-taking boy. He had pale skin, almost like the snow. The hair on his head was jet black, standing out from all the surroundings. There were tiny white snowflakes in his hair, making him seem like a child of the snow. His lips were plump with a light pink colour. Eyes were rounded prettily and shining, giving him a sense of innocence. His height was rather superior compared to others, making Sungmin grimace. The end of his nose was slightly red, rather visible in comparison to his skin. Wearing the uniform of Sungmin's high school, but having a large coat to cover it along with gloves and a scarf.

Sungmin raised a brow for a second, ignoring the clush creeping up to his cheeks. The boy had a peaceful expression on his face, eyes sparkling beautifully and lips showing a gentle smile. Why was the boy smiling happily for? He was standing in the middle of a blanket of snow. What was there to be happy about? Sungmin didn't know why, but he felt drawn to this person. Slowly, Sungmin walked out of the doorway and onto the snow covered ground. It was an unconscious action, Sungmin didn't even realise he had started approaching the boy until he was half-way there.

He looked back to the door, no point going back now that Sungmin had already come so far out. He trudged through the snow, his footsteps being left behind and visible, just like a trail. As Sungmin walked, he saw the boy turn towards him and stared. Sungmin stared back, the boy looked curious. Like a kitten who was given something it had never seen before. Sungmin groaned, he didn't like talking to strangers. As he walked, he finally made his way to the boy. Sungmin was astonished, he looked even more beautiful close up. Slowly, gently, the boy's curious look faded into a kind smile. Sungmin's heart skipped just a single beat.

"Who...Who are you?" Sungmin asked, he felt enchanted by the another. He had never seen anyone so pretty in his life, without flaw. Like a character only a story book would have, who was this person?

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun, who are you?" The boy, now introduced as Kyuhyun, asked back with his seemingly usual smile. His voice was low, warm and husky. It sent shivers down Sungmin's spine.

"Lee Sungmin." Sungmin replied in a monotone. Usually the way he spoke would put others off. But for some reason, Kyuhyun didn't seem to mind it. As if he 'accepted' the fact that Sungmin was simply like this.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Kyuhyun asked in a somewhat playful and mischievous manner. Sungmin tried to keep himself from smiling, why would he smile so easily?

"I could ask you the same question." Sungmin quickly retorted, not wanting to say 'I'm skipping class'. The taller let a quiet giggle escape his lips, a beautiful smile gracing them as he turned to the other.

"I'm not starting school yet, I will be tomorrow. I'm a new student." Kyuhyun told Sungmin with a happy tone. Sungmin raised a brow once more. Why was he happy to be a 'new' student?

"Why are you here today then?" Sungmin questioned quickly, just a little suspicious of who this person really was. Kyuhyun shrugged with an innocent demeanor, looking to the pale sky. It were as if he were looking for something.

"Appa said I should get used to the place." Kyuhyun spoke, putting his hand up to the sky as if he were reaching out for it. Sungmin simply stared at the pale skinned boy.

"Appa?" Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun then stood on his toes, arm reaching out even highter. What was it that he was trying to reach? Above, there was nothing but the sky. Soon, Kyuhyun sighed as he put his arm down and fell to his feet, sticking his tongue out cutely at Sungmin.

"The principal of the school, he's my Appa." Kyuhyun replied as he fidgeted slightly, pulling on his outer layer of clothing. It seemed that the coat he was wearing was a little too big for him to wear. Sungmin stared in surprise, trying not to show it. He didn't know that the pricipal had a son. But then again, Sungmin never really payed attention.

"Huh." Sungmin hummed, just a simple sound instead of any words. Usually people hated it when he did that, but for some reason, Kyuhyun didn't react. He just turned to Sungmin and gave him a heartfelt gaze with a small smile, looking up to the sky when he felt something.

"Oh, it's snowing again!" Kyuhyun exclaimed with a grin, happily jumping for a couple seconds. He took his left glove off and put it into the pocket of his coat, sticking the bare hand out to feel the chilled snow on his skin. Kyuhyun smiled at the sensation. Sungmin scowled slightly. Why on Earth was he happy to touch the snow?

"...You like the snow?" Sungmin asked quietly, mumbling slightly. The cold was finally getting to him. Perhaps walking out into the open wearing nothing but his regular school uniform plus his blazer wasn't a good idea. Kyuhyun quickly noticed. The taller took off his scarf, breathing loudly for a bit. Then, Kyuhyun wrapped his scarf around Sungmin's neck, smiling a little more. Sungmin blushed at the feeling, the warmth.

"Of course I like the snow. Don't you?" Kyuhyun asked, grinning happily still as he walked a couple steps in all different directions, similar to a toddler who had just learned to walk.

"...No, not really." Sungmin replied, shaking his face at the feeling of snow falling on his skin, chilling him to the bone. Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin. This time, it was he who raised a brow. Kyuhyun walked over to Sungmin, giving him that innocent look once again.

"Hm? Why not?" Kyuhyun questioned with an unconscious pout on his lips. Sungmin stared. Was Kyuhyun as naive as he thought? Was he one of those people who thought everybody liked the same thing? Like a child would perhaps?

"Don't really know. Why do you like the snow?" Sungmin questioned. It was true, he didn't know why he disliked the snow. It was probably because to him, it represented nothing. It had no value to him nor his family. Besides, Sungmin wasn't really one for cold weather. Kyuhyun stared back at the ground, watching the glossy snow.

"I like the snow because it only comes once a year. We should cherish it. Don't you think? It doesn't snow everyday, and I think we need to be grateful of it while it's here." Kyuhyun told Sungmin, the shorter listened intently. Perhaps he was right. Perhaps Sungmin did need to learn to appreciate the snow while it was here. But then again, what was there to appreciate?

"...I guess." Sungmin muttered silently as he stared to the ground. He stepped to the right, seeing the effect he had on the snow. How on Earth was he supposed to appreciate bits of water which had not completely frozen into ice? Kyuhyun shook his head disapprovingly as he crouched down to the ground and stood up. Sungmin stared. In Kyuhyun's hand, he held just a simple pile of melting snow.

"Besides, it's so pretty. Look." Kyuhyun said, putting his hands out so that Sungmin can clearly see. Sungmin simply stares, he doesn't see anything pretty or out of the ordinary. Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun.

"I really don't see anything Kyuhyun." Sungmin stated bluntly, wondering what Kyuhyun meant when he said it was 'pretty'. Kyuhyun simply smiled at that comment of Sungmin's, as if he expected that reaction. Kyuhyun opened his hands out just a little more, so Sungmin could clearly see the snow once more.

"Look closer." Kyuhyun muttered quietly, Sungmin wasn't sure but did just as the other told. As Sungmin wondered what Kyuhyun was talking about, his eye noticed something. The way the snow looked. It's significance.

"..." Sungmin was quiet as he stared. The Sun had come out from behind the clouds, shining it's light upon them. He stared at the snow, it began to sparkle and shine elegantly.
In the snow itself, little patterns seemed to emerge. Sungmin watched quietly, seeing it begin to melt. It was an interesting transformation from solid to liquid, something that wasn't usual pretty to see. But still, with grace, the snow sparkled and shined elegantly. Sungmin stared back at Kyuhyun.

"People spend their lifetimes trying to find beauty. They think they'll find it in things like gold and silver, even jewels. They don't understand that beauty is wherever they choose to find it." Kyuhyun spoke softly as the snow slowly melted into water and slid off his hands. Sungmin stared slightly, giving a twisted expression at such words.

"...I don't get it." Sungmin said bluntly, ruffling his own hair in a slightly embarrassed way. Kyuhyun simply laughed quietly before stared back and smiled that gentle smile of his.

"Everything in life is beautiful. Don't you think so?" Kyuhyun told the other with his eyes twinkling brighter than the burning stars in the night sky. Sungmin's eyes widened at those words.

"..." Sungmin stayed silent, staring back at Kyuhyun. His words sounded so wise, yet so innocent all at the same time. Like a child who was more optimistic than what people saw fit. How could his words sound so untainted? So pure and breath-taking... just like the snow. Sungmin's eyes widened. For the first time, Sungmin saw the snow as something which was 'beautiful'.

"Oh! And at the end of it's cycle, it becomes something very special." Kyuhyun grinned childishly, his eyes suddenly lit up with not a flame, but a light. His eyes were lit up with light. And that was definitely something which could have never be extinguished. Sungmin thought for a bit, trying to ignore the beauty of the boy in front of him. Snow becomes something special at the end of it's cycle. Isn't the answer water? Sungmin figured he was missing something, so he asked.

"...What does it become?" Sungmin questioned Kyuhyun, trying to hide the curiosity in his shaking voice. Kyuhyun lifted his hands to his face and breathed out, his breath warming up his hands and turning into condensation. After, he turned to Sungmin and smiled his signature smile, the answer stunning Sungmin into silence.

"Spring."


-------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin walked pass a certain school from his past, no life seemed to be there. The colour of it was dull, windows frozen over with ice. He stared, the school didn't contrast much with the sullen sky, the silence of it rather shocking. Usually there would have been some students playing around. But today of all days, there didn't seem to be anyone. Sungmin wondered why there was nobody there. After all, many people, whether they really liked school or not, found it a great place to hang out with friends.

Slowly though, Sungmin noticed someone from the windows. Someone was there, and it seemed that the person had noticed Sungmin was there. With that, the window opened, revealing someone called 'Lee Hyukjae'. Although, many people usually called him 'Eunhyuk'. The reason? None really, he just preferred the name. Eunhyuk smiled at him, his gums showing like usual. Loudly, he shouted at the other.

"Sungmin, if you're late he's going to be pretty mad!"

Sungmin simply laughed, nodding as he continued on his way. As Sungmin looked to the sky and began to walk a little faster, his eyes widened just slightly at the sight of what he saw. Over the grey, dull, unmoving clouds, there was a clear rainbow. Perhaps not as bright or colourful as the ones seen on a sunny day and blue sky, but just as beautiful in it's own way. A rather unique sight if one should ever be lucky enough to see it. Sungmin smiled at it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin stared, the very boy he met yesterday, Kyuhyun, had entered his classroom. And yes, he knew it. Kyuhyun knew that he was in Sungmin's class. The proof to that was the unnoticeable smile the taller had directed to the seated student. As Sungmin looked around the classroom, he saw everyone staring at Kyuhyun. It were as if they were entranced, just like Sungmin was yesterday.

Quickly, the class took a liking Kyuhyun and friendly introductions soon took place. Kyuhyun smiled gently, just like the day before. Honestly, nobody could ever hate someone who smiled so prettily. Sungmin simply stared though, why did Kyuhyun have to smile so much?  What was wrong with him? But after a while, Sungmin quickly forgot about the questions running through his head as he fell asleep. No one bothered to wake him up, not even the teacher in fact. They had become somewhat used to the fact that Sungmin didn't pay attention.

...

"Sungmin. The bell for recess has gone." Someone suddenly whispered, Sungmin groaned. There was only one person who had such a voice. A voice he had only heard yesterday, yet haunted him. Sungmin turned to his side, head still lying on the desk. His eyes widened suddenly. Kyuhyun was sitting on the desk right beside him, the desk which no one wished to be seated at. Kyuhyun gave him a rather concerned expression, his eyes were always so kind. Why on Earth was that? Sungmin simply turned his head away with a strange feeling in his chest, looking to the scenery outside. It stopped snowing again, Kyuhyun was probably upset about that fact.

"You shouldn't talk to him..." Sungmin heard someone else whisper, a female who was talking to Kyuhyun. Sungmin bit his lip to hide his silent growl, pretending that he didn't care. He glanced back at Kyuhyun for just a second.

"Why not?" Kyuhyun asked the female student simply, like a young child who wanted to know the answer to everything. His eyes were wide, brightened up with that very same light he saw yesterday. Sungmin turned his head back and watched the frost slowly crawl up the window, marking it's own territory.

"Because, he's one of the 'bad' students... He doesn't listen to the teachers and never hands in his homework... He skips class too." The female student said. Kyuhyun stayed silent before raising a brow.

"...So nobody hangs out with him?" Kyuhyun questioned quietly, that concerned tone of voice still there. Sungmin raised a brow. Was Kyuhyun worried about him or something?

"Right!" The female student exclaimed in a somewhat hushed manner. Kyuhyun went silent once again, his eyes staring down at the desk in front of him. He turned his head to Sungmin who was staring through the window. Kyuhyun quickly stood up from his seat, surprising the other students. His eyes were still on Sungmin, not moving away.

"Well... I think I will." Kyuhyun quickly mumbled, grabbing his chair and putting it at the side of Sungmin's desk, surprising everyone in the room. And that included Sungmin. The shorter one turned his head and displayed a shocked look. But still, Kyuhyun just smiled at him like he usually did.

"Huh??" The girl spoke in shock. What she had said was a message for Kyuhyun to stay away from Sungmin, not approach him. The female student huffed angrily, quickly stomping out of the room and muttering silent words. Kyuhyun didn't bother to pay attention to her or her tantrum. Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun, he couldn't believe this boy.

"You know that your reputation is going to be tarnished because you hang out with me, right?" Sungmin asked rhetorically, knowing what people said to others who chose to be around him. Kyuhyun shrugged with an innocent look as he stared out the window.

"I don't mind." Kyuhyun said bluntly, surprising Sungmin even more. What did Kyuhyun mean, 'he didn't mind'? Did he mean that he didn't mind losing a good reputation to hang out with Sungmin? The shorter one out of the two simply hummed, wondering what to say next. He had never met anyone like Kyuhyun in his life.

"...You're really-" Before Sungmin could even finish his sentence, Kyuhyun's eyes began to light up with excitement once again as he pointed out the nearly frosted over window.

"Look! A rainbow!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, Sungmin turned his head. Was there really a rainbow on such a dull day? The Sun wasn't even out. All there was were grey clouds and a dull sky. But as Sungmin looked, his eyes widened.

There was a rainbow.


----------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin then arrived at a endless block of houses, they looked awfully familiar to him. But then again, that was probably because Sungmin had been around this area for so long. The houses were all decorated with all sorts of lights and ornaments, pretty as any other picture. Sure, some of the ornaments were crooked or had fallen while some of the lights weren't burning as brightly as they could, but it gave off a warm and friendly mood. The atmosphere was changed thanks to such things.

As Sungmin looked around, his eyes were quickly attracted to a certain house. The house right down at the end of the street, lights there were burning more brightly than any other house. Sungmin saw the door of that house open, seeing a man standing there. In his right hand, there was a cup of hot chocolate. Sungmin smiled at the man known as 'Park Jungsoo'. Or, better referred to as 'Leeteuk'.  Leeteuk smiled back.

"You better start running, you're officially late Sungmin-ah!"

Sungmin nodded at the message, his feet quickly taking long strides, turning into the action known as 'running'. Slowly, the scent of hot chocolate made it's way to Sungmin's nose. Unconsciously, he smiled. He wasn't usually one for hot chocolate in the past, but after drinking it a couple times, he had grown to love it very much.

------------------------------------------------------

"...You live here?" Sungmin questioned as he stood in front of a rather simple, single story house. It may not have been the biggest house on the block, but it did have a very cosy vibe. With the lights burning brightly, and the decorations in the front yard, it gave a warm mood. Kyuhyun nodded, but only slightly. His eyes seemed just a little dulled by the sight. Sungmin decided to walk Kyuhyun home that day. And it was clear that Kyuhyun didn't mind.

As they walked closer to the house, the snow began to fall even more. Their tracks were slowly being hidden by the snowflakes, one after another. Kyuhyun smiled once again at the snow. But this time, his smile wasn't as bright as it usually was. Sungmin raised a brow. Was his smile beginning to fade? Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun. He saw it. The desperation in his eyes to simply keep that broken smile on his lips.

"Yeah, I guess. Sort of. Since my parents aren't usually around because of their work, I stay here. You know, with my Appa being the principal and everything. My friend lives here as well. Want to come in for a cup of coffee or something?" Kyuhyun asked, his breathing hitching from time to time. Sungmin noticed, there was no way he wouldn't. The most optimistic boy he had ever met was acting different. Kyuhyun, at the mentioning of his parents, began to grow quiet. Sungmin nodded simply. He may have been a trouble maker at school, but that didn't mean anything when he was at home. Sungmin had loving parents and a little brother.

"..No-" Sungmin didn't feel comfortable going in, but Kyuhyun always managed to convince him. The taller held Sungmin's hand, tugging him gently with an innocent pout on his lips.

"Sungmin-ah, come in. Please?" Kyuhyun asked as nicely as he possibly could. Sungmin stared at him in disbelief. The light of hope and want simply lit up Kyuhyun's pretty eyes so much that the shorter one just couldn't say no. Not now anyway.

"...Sure. Why not?" Sungmin asked rhetorically, finally giving in towards the other. Kyuhyun beamed as brightly as the sun. Sungmin couldn't help but smile back. After all, Kyuhyun always had the most breath-taking smile. Kyuhyun tugged Sungmin's hand, leading him to the door of the house. Kyuhyun turned the handle, it wasn't even locked.

"Good. Jungsoo hyung, my friend is here!" Kyuhyun exclaimed like an excited child, which in Sungmin's eyes, he was. They both took their shoes off outside the house, entering after.

"Oh really?" Sungmin heard someone say. He turned towards the sound of the person's voice, it seemed to be coming from the kitchen. He stared around the  area, he saw many photographs. Probably Kyuhyun through the many, different stages of his life with many different people. But Sungmin raised a brow when he noticed something. There was not a single picture of Kyuhyun with his own parents.

"Come on." Kyuhyun said, pulling Sungmin into the lounge room. There was a moderately sized T.V in front of a large couch. Many little ornaments decorated the room. The lights giving a gentle mood, causing Sungmin to relax slightly. Kyuhyun put his bag down as he sat on the couch, Sungmin followed and did the same.

"Sungmin, would you like coffee? Hot chocolate perhaps?"  Leeteuk asked, Sungmin raised a brow. How did this person already know his name? Sungmin didn't bother to ask though, not now anyway. Kyuhyun stared up at his hyung, eyes shining brightly as ever. Sungmin stared. He was pretty.

"Can you make me hot chocolate hyung? Sungmin, you should drink some hot chocolate." Kyuhyun spoke as he turned to Sungmin and smiled, the shorter one sighed.

"...Okay." Sungmin mumbled quietly, Kyuhyun grinned childishly. Leeteuk simply laughed, returning back to the kitchen as he proceeded to make the two cups of hot chocolate. Suddenly, he saw Kyuhyun pick something up from off the floor.

"What's this?" Kyuhyun asked the other, Sungmin simply stared back. In Kyuhyun's hand, he held a bit of folded paper. It probably fell out of Sungmin's bag since he didn't properly zip it up.

"Huh?" Sungmin hummed quietly, watching boredly as Kyuhyun silently unfolded the paper. Sungmin didn't really mind at the time that Kyuhyun was looking at the folded paper , he thought it was just a page which had fallen out from his crinkled books. But as his eyes saw what was written on the paper, he began to panic.

"...I didn't know the reason why I changed..." Kyuhyun mumbled quietly, reading off the paper. Sungmin quickly snatched the paper out of Kyuhyun's hands, hoping he didn't read to far.

"Don't read that!" Sungmin exclaimed loudly. Kyuhyun stared in interest, but knew it wasn't a good idea to pry any further. He realised that Sungmin was a rather quiet person. So if he were to exclaim something in such a tone of voice, it was better to just let it go.

"S-Sorry... Is it a song?" Kyuhyun asked quietly, staring at Sungmin. The other looked down to the floor, just a little embarrassed at the finding. But not really being one to lie, Sungmin nodded.

"...Kind of." Sungmin replied in a hesitant way. Honestly, he expected even the kind Cho Kyuhyun to laugh at him mockingly and tease. But no. Instead, Kyuhyun stared in awe and smiled at him once again.

"Oh, so you want to be a song writer when you finish high school?" Kyuhyun questioned in a somewhat excited tone. Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun, a little surprised at the reaction he received. Kyuhyun stared at him gently, why did his eyes always have to shine in such a way? Sungmin shook his head, he couldn't be having such thoughts.

"I guess." Sungmin muttered. Soon, Leeteuk came out with two cups of hot chocolate. Kyuhyun smiled at the sight. The aroma filled the entire room, a sweet scent. Leeteuk put the two cups down on the table before going to do something else in the kitchen, he was probably making dinner. Kyuhyun picked up a cup and brought it to his lips, sipping the liquid. Then he put the cup down, his lips and saying words that Sungmin would never forget.

"Well, if you do, I'll stand by your side the entire way."


--------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin ran as fast as his feet would take him, soon arriving at a park. There was a playground there, covered in snow. Past the playground, surrounding the entrance of the lake, were large, leafless trees. Sungmin walked through the bare trees, arriving at the large lake. It was frozen over with ice, some parts of it more fragile than others.

He looked around, the snow still falling. Sungmin went to the edge of the lake, sitting down in the snow. He felt the light chill, but didn't mind it. Well, he didn't mind it anymore anyway. Before, Sungmin would have complained about the snow. But now, Sungmin didn't. He, to some point, appreciated the snow which fell onto the Earth. Sungmin looked at the ice. Under the layer of solid water, he could see little creatures swimming such as fish. Sungmin's gloved hand traced the ice, he could see his own reflection. Soon though, as Sungmin stared, he saw someone else's reflection.

It was Kyuhyun's.

"Sungmin, you're late." Kyuhyun mumbled, wrapping his arms around Sungmin's neck as he crouched down. Kyuhyun placed his head in the nook of Sungmin's neck, his skin cold as ever. Sungmin laughed quietly, turning his head to give Kyuhyun a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"I know, everyone told me I was."

--------------------------------------------------------

"...Everything here is so beautiful." Kyuhyun whispered, excitedly looking around. They were at the lake, prettily frozen over with ice. Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun, to think the most beautiful boy he had ever met didn't think of himself as beautiful.

"Kyuhyun." Whispered Sungmin in a hushed tone, a little shy and a little embarrassed. Kyuhyun simply turned his head.

"Yeah?" Kyuhyun replied, Sungmin breathed heavily as the snow still continued to fall.

"...You've shown me many different things which are pretty. Do you know what I think was the prettiest thing?" Sungmin asked the other, Kyuhyun looked towards the sky and thought for a bit.

"Um... The rainbow?" Kyuhyun asked, Sungmin shook his head.

"No." Sungmin replied, Kyuhyun unconsciously pouted.

"The snow?" Kyuhyun questioned after. And just like before, Sungmin shook his head.

"No." Sungmin replied once again.

"The hot chocolate?" Kyuhyun then asked, Sungmin stifled a laugh as he shook his head once again.

"No." Sungmin replied for the third time, Kyuhyun continued to pout.

"What was it then?" Kyuhyun asked, Sungmin looked away. He was so flustered on the inside.

"Idiot, it's you." Sungmin spoke rather bluntly. And with that, Kyuhyun went quiet. Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun, seeing the genuinely surprised look on his face.

"..." Kyuhyun was silent, Sungmin ignored the look he received and took out some paper from his pocket.

"Here." Sungmin whispered, handing it to Kyuhyun. The other took the paper hesitantly, staring at it.

"What's this?" Kyuhyun asked, his eyes widening as he read the words.

"...Remember... that song you found..." Sungmin mumbled with a rather embarrassed tone tone of voice, ruffling his own hair. Kyuhyun nodded, his cheeks finally beginning to heat up.

"..." Kyuhyun stayed silent.

"I'll sing it now.. I wrote it for you." Sungmin spoke, Kyuhyun could feel himself blush even more. Sungmin had grown attached to Kyuhyun, and it seemed that Kyuhyun had grown attached to Sungmin as well.

"O-Okay." Kyuhyun stuttered. Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun, hearing that adorable stutter and innocent blush. Sungmin couldn't help but smile. Surely, that was a good sign.

"I didn't know the reason why I changed~


I thought about it for a long time~

After I met you, I think I changed a lot~

As I hear this song, oh~

I'm so thankful for you, oh baby~


You are so pretty, oh~

I can't take my eyes off of you~


In my eyes, I only see you~

I only want to look at you, oh, really~


A day passes and we meet again~

Then we seperate and then we meet again~


It's so good, I just laugh for no reason~

Can you see my like this now? Oh baby~


I'm so thankful for you, oh baby~

You are so pretty, oh~

I can't take my eyes off of you~

In my eyes, I only see you~

I only want to look at you, oh, really~

Each and every day is so happy, oh baby~

I hope days like this will never end~

I hope nothing changes, oh~


I'm so thankful for you, oh baby~

You are so pretty, oh~

I can't take my eyes off of you~

In my eyes, I only see you~


I only want to look at you, oh, really~"

And with that, no words were to be said. Kyuhyun blushed quietly, as did Sungmin but to a somewhat lesser extent. They stared at each other, a little embarrassed. Slowly, Sungmin's hand cupped Kyuhyun's face, drawing the other down for an awkward yet loving kiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you." Sungmin whispered. It was always like this. Ever since the first time Sungmin confessed his feelings, he and Kyuhyun would meet each other at the lake on a certain day of the year. Kyuhyun smiled, his lips being captured by the other. And in between that sweet kiss, Kyuhyun mumbled the words which Sungmin loved to hear.

"I love you too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, what's happening to me? A little longer than my usual oneshots... But oh, I think I'm getting my feel for fanfiction back~ What do you guys think~ ^^