Phone Calls: Part 2 (Jaejoong/Kyuhyun)

Oneshot Series

Since I asked if I should write a sequel for the other story, and most of you said yes, I decided to write it... enjoy~ ^^

---------------------------------------------------------


After that, a year and a half passed. Or was it two years? Or perhaps even three? Time was completely irrelevant without the other. The thoughts only numbed their minds, so they tried to stay away from thoughts of each other, even if it was only for a couple minutes or possibly even seconds. Despite not seeing each other, Jaejoong and Kyuhyun would still, though, think of each other endlessly.

Kyuhyun's fingers grazed over the album, a slight smile on his lips. Jaejoong finally released his first solo album, 'I'. Kyuhyun gave a bitter smile as his fingers grazed over the cover. His eyes were frozen as they stared at  Jaejoong's photo, he was still so perfect in Kyuhyun's eyes. Jaejoong was, no matter what, the same person Kyuhyun believed he was. Despite the scandals, despite the distance, and despite the uncertainty; Jaejoong was always going to be the person who Kyuhyun loved more than life.

The playlist continued as Kyuhyun had placed the disk in the computer prior to his thoughts. Kyuhyun bit his lip, the lyrics of his song, Jaejoong's song, caused his heart to ache. The maknae knew, the words which Jaejoong sang were more than lyrics, and more than imagination. It was experience, and that was why the lyrics caused his heart to sting every second. Kyuhyun's ears picked up the lyrics, '~My love, my love, my love who abandoned me and left~'. Kyuhyun's breath hitched at that point, body beginning to shake. Was there a possibility that the song... 'My only Comfort', was it written for him? Kyuhyun bit his lip, tears beginning to roll of his cheeks as he clutched the album cover tightly and pulled it to his chest.

Leaving wasn't the right option.

--------------------------------------

"Congratulations hyung!~" Yoochun and Junsu spoke cheerfully, grinning as they sat around the small coffee table placed in their lounge room. Jaejoong smiled at the two, giving a grateful look.

"Thanks." Jaejoong replied with a grin, Junsu hummed.

"You're album's going to be a big hit, you're songs are so good." Yoochun complimented in a somewhat thoughtful way, Junsu agreed with the other's words.

"Yeah, you're lyrics are really deep." Junsu added, Jaejoong continued to smile. Yoochun bit his lower lip, turning to the elder.

"Is it, by any chance... are they directed towards Kyuhyun? Or... the lawsuit?" Yoochun asked hesitantly, suddenly bringing a heavy atmosphere along with his words. Jaejoong attempted to shrug it off, knowing that it wasn't going to work. All those memories did was cause pain.

"...A little of both. I'm not sure what I was thinking of when writing, probably... just everything." Jaejoong replied, forcing a crumbling smile to his lips. Junsu shot Yoochun a short glare, wondering why on Earth the elder decided to ask such a question. Yoochun nodded as she mentally scolded himself, knowing it wasn't meant to be said.

"I see." Yoochun said simply, attempting to bring the conversation level up. Jaejoong gave a wistful look.

"Do you think Kyuhyun will know that the song is for him?" Jaejoong asked simply, causing both Yoochun and Junsu to stare in shock. Speaking of Kyuhyun had become taboo for them, along with the rest of their SM family. Junsu gave a weak nod.

"...Kyuhyun will know, especially with your lyrics, he'll know just who you're singing about. Don't worry." Junsu tried to encourage, he was always trying to make the elder feel better. Jaejoong gave a light scoff.

"If he even buys my album." Jaejoong muttered in a hopeless state, Junsu scowled gently.

"Of course Kyuhyun will buy your album. Hyukjae told me he did." Junsu stated, causing Jaejoong to widen his eyes. He stared up in hope, eyes shining brightly, something that hadn't happened in a while.

"Really?" Jaejoong asked, the hint of happiness beginning to escape. Junsu covered his mouth, was telling Jaejoong really a good idea? Junsu shook his head, he had to go on.

"Yeah... Hyukjae also told me that he saw Kyuhyun crying while listening to one of the songs." Junsu whispered, causing Jaejoong to feel even more surprise. Slowly, the thoughts and everything else, Jaejoong gave a somewhat happy yet sorrowful smile.

"...That's not what I wanted, but at least..." Jaejoong trailed off.

Suddenly, Jaejoong heard his phone beep. It was a text, from who though? Jaejoong took his phone out, eyes widening when he saw who sent the message, and the contents of it.

-------------------------------------

To: Jaejoong
I want to see you.
From: Kyuhyun


---------------------------------------

With the receiving of such a message, Jaejoong put on his jacket, a little disguise so people didn't notice him, and headed out of the apartment. Junsu and Yoochun waved to him and said goodbye, unclear of why he was going, for Jaejoong didn't tell them the contents of his message nor who the sender was.

Despite the fact that the message was rather simple, did not actually designate a specific area, and didn't even state whether Kyuhyun was going out to meet him or not, Jaejoong continued along his way. He felt so anxious. If there was even the slightest chance he was going to meet Kyuhyun, then Jaejoong was willing to take it. That's how much the JYJ member missed Kyuhyun. Honestly, he wasn't sure where to go, but Jaejoong figured that it was probably going to be nearby the store where they met before.

Jaejoong bit his lower lip, wondering if he was just wasting his time once arriving and seeing no sign of his lover. After standing in the cold for just five minutes which were filled with anxiety, Jaejoong spoke to himself.

"...Kyuhyun... Where are you right now?" Jaejoong asked quietly in a desperate tone, startled by a voice coming from behind.

"Here." Whispered a voice, and like before, Jaejoong turned to shock. He stared, unsure of what to do now. Jaejoong honestly did not expect to see Kyuhyun. It had been so long.

Kyuhyun stared, a trembling smile making its way to his lips. without a second thought, Kyuhyun ran to Jaejoong and hugged him tightly. Who knows how long they've been away from each other. Jaejoong quickly returned the hug, the desperation of wanting to be with Kyuhyun away being too much. There, they stood as time moved by, but the couple did not care. Kyuhyun shivered.

"I'm sorry for calling you out like this. I just... after listening to your songs, I..." Kyuhyun trailed off in a whisper, simply enjoying the warmth of Jaejoong's body on a cold and chilly night. He gave out a satisfied hum, Jaejoong let a small smile appear on his lips.

"You missed me? Wanted to see me?" Jaejoong finished the end of Kyuhyun's words with a slight laugh, the maknae simply gave a sorrowful giggle before starting up once again.

"...It's more than that, more than want and more than yearning. I needed to see you. My body's numb, the only thing I'm able to hear was your voice." Kyuhyun replied as he shook slightly, shivering from the cold wind which had suddenly attacked. Jaejoong's eyes widened with those words, tongue going dry. From what Jaejoong knew, from what Jaejoong had experienced, Kyuhyun wasn't one to normally speak of his emotions. The elder would joke every so often that Kyuhyun resembled someone who was 'tsundere'.

"Kyu, do you know what you're saying?" Jaejoong asked in a concerned way, Kyuhyun wasn't going to reply to that. He still had those, four, precious words to say.

"I still love you." Kyuhyun muttered, causing Jaejoong to feel even more shocked. Why on Earth...?

"...Have you been drinking?" Jaejoong questioned, beginning to feel just a tad suspicious. There was no scent of alcohol, but who knows. Kyuhyun simply shook his head and laughed once again, not letting go of the elder.

"Drinking alcohol without you isn't even that fun anyway, so I don't do it often. The only time I drink alcohol now is to wash away my sorrows, and believe me, I don't need it now." Kyuhyun whispered in a somewhat husky way.

"..." Jaejoong froze once again, Kyuhyun staring directly at him. The elder couldn't stop himself, he needed it, he wanted a kiss. Kyuhyun willingly complied, giving himself to the other.

"Jaejoong, you don't know how happy I am to see you." Kyuhyun mumbled in between the kiss, causing a smile to appear on Jaejoong's lips. Kyuhyun loved the way that felt. Silently, after kissing for a couple more seconds, Kyuhyun pulled away. Jaejoong felt the anxiety appearing in his heart once again.

"You... are you going to leave me again? Ever since that day, you haven't contacted me." Jaejoong spoke in a depressed way, Kyuhyun froze as he looked down.

"Sorry, I... I was scared. I was scared that if we were to continue the relationship, that you would find it troublesome, and leave me. If I left you first, then perhaps you would forget me and I wouldn't have to suffer those feelings. Selfish, right?" Kyuhyun asked softly, Jaejoong couldn't help but smile. He was glad that the reason wasn't because Kyuhyun didn't love him anymore.

"Unbelievably." Jaejoong replied, Kyuhyun laughed.

"Other than that though, I was just making room for when... for when someone better was going to come along. So you wouldn't feel guilty, and so you wouldn't feel sorry for me, I thought that leaving you to find someone better would have been a good idea." Kyuhyun went on, Jaejoong let out a slight growl when he heard those words. His grip around Kyuhyun's waist tightened, causing Kyuhyun to become surprised.

"Are you an idiot?" Asked Jaejoong in a somewhat rough way, Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"Huh?" Was all Kyuhyun managed to say, Jaejoong stared deeply into his eyes.

"No one, and I mean no one, would ever be 'better' than you. No one will ever be able to replace you, and I will love no one as much as I love you. So please... please..." Jaejoong's last few words sounded so much like a plead, Kyuhyun's heart ached. The maknae nodded, giving a slight smile.

"I won't leave you. Not again." Kyuhyun spoke, the words so genuine, Jaejoong let a smile appear on his lips. He knew what those words meant, it meant that Kyuhyun was still going to keep in touch with him. It meant him and Jaejoong were still going to love each other. Jaejoong hadn't felt so happy in a long time.

"Kyuhyun, don't even consider it." Jaejoong whispered, Kyuhyun's laugh filling his ears.

------------------------------------------------------

Happily Ever After did take a while.

So what?

They got there in the end.

------------------------------------------------------

The part 2... Did you like this? Or would you have prefered a more angsty finish?~ ^^