Submarine (kyuchul)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by Dazzine~

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aish, you're going to be here as well??!!"

"Of course, what did you expect? Are you going to be here? I don't think we need a girl on this submarine."

"Hey, I'm not a girl!"

"If you're not a girl don't bother acting like one. Or looking like one. Your hair is way too long."

"What the hell are you talking about, it's almost the same length as yours!"

"Says who?"

"Says me!"

"You're name is 'Me' now?"

"Aish, I hate you so much Cho Kyuhyun!"

"You're not the only one. I hate you, Kim Heechul, stay away from me."

"That's what I should say to you. Don't cross me path. Ever."


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Heechul walked quietly. He was currently in a submarine, it had been his job to be here for a couple months. He had gotten used to the way the ocean looked through the windows. As he walked down the hall and carried 2 boxes on top of each other, two men walked through the opposite direction. It was Sungmin... And Kyuhyun... Cho Kyuhyun, the person in which he simply couldn't get along with.

"Hello, Heechul hyung." Sungmin bowed, Heechul simply nodded. Besides Sungmin stood Kyuhyun.

"Hi Sungmin-shii." Heechul replied. His eyes slowly trailed to the floor, avoiding the sight of the maknae.

"..." Kyuhyun said nothing.

"Hey, can you help me carry this?" Heechul asked Sungmin, the younger nodded.

"S-Sure." Sungmin stuttered as he took one of the boxes which Heechul was holding. Kyuhyun looked away, walking away from the other two. Then, without a single word, Heechul and Sungmin began walking in another direction.

"..."

"Heechul hyung." Sungmin suddenly called, Heechul turned his head.

"What?" Heechul replied.

"Why don't you like Kyuhyunnie?" Sungmin suddenly asked, Heechul stopped in his tracks.

"..." Heechul simply stood, biting his lower lip.

"Heechul hyung?" Sungmin called again, Heechul simply gulped.

"...I just don't like him. Since the very first day we met, we fought with each other. He's just so ignorant, so proud, always doing whatever he wants. He seems like a person without any hardship, any pain. Unlike the rest of us. And besides when he and I fight, he will smile. He always smiles for no damn reason at people. I mean, what makes him so happy all the time? Everything about him just makes me mad." Heechul muttered through his teeth. Sungmin stared through the entering silence.

"...It's not true." Sungmin muttered quietly.

"What's not true?"

"Kyuhyun's not ignorant, he's not proud, and he doesn't do whatever he wants. He has hardships, just like everyone else. But the only difference is that he doesn't complain about it. Honestly, I think he's the person who went through the most. And Kyuhyun doesn't smile for no reason, he smiles because he knows that they make other people happy." Sungmin said, his eyes shining with concern.

"..." Heechul was silent.

" He hides all his problems behind a smile. Behind that smile is a world of pain. You think you know him, but you have no idea. I have no idea. There's a story behind every person, a reason why they are who they are. Think about it before you judge someone."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jungs-" Heechul entered Leeteuk's room, the submarine's captain, only to find that he was making out with Kangin, another worker on board the submarine. Heechul stared with shock.

"H-Heechul-ah!" Leeteuk exclaimed in surprise, Heechul glanced at the two.

"What the hell is going on??" Heechul asked.

"Um, I was just leaving..." Kangin mumbled, quickly rushing out of the room and leaving Leeteuk and Heechul by themselves.

"...Care to explain, Jungsoo-ah?" Heechul asked with a raised brow.

"Youngwoon and I were just..." Leeteuk looked away.

"Doing something you aren't supposed to do in this room?" Heechul hissed. Leeteuk gulped.

"E-Exactly."

"Didn't you guys break up like a week ago?" Heechul asked rhetorically, remembering how teary Leeteuk was just a week ago, telling how he and Kangin stopped their relationship.

"We did, they we got back together." Leeteuk smiled back happily, Heechul gave a twisted expression.

"How? I thought you said you said you guys couldn't work it out between each other." Heechul muttered back.

"We couldn't. Then I decided to get some advice and now we're here."

"Advice? From who?"

"...Kyuhyun." Leeteuk muttered hesitantly, knowing the relationship between Kyuhyun and Heechul.

"Seriously? You got advice from him?"

"What? He seemed to know a lot so I asked him. Thanks to the maknae, I'm happy."

"..." Heechul was silent.

"But I wonder..." Leeteuk paused, wondering whether it was appropriate to say such things.

"Wonder what?"

"Sometimes the person that's been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for him. The ones who give the best advice are usually the ones with the most problems."

"...You can't tell me that you really believe that's true." Heechul said, not believing it.

"Who knows. All I can really say is that I've never seen him cry. To be honest, it worries me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heechul hyung!" Ryeowook, the cook of the submarine, called. Heechul entered, wondering why the younger was calling him.

"What is it?" Heechul asked.

"Can you go get Kyuhyun from his room?" Ryeowook questioned, Heechul's eyes widened with surprise. Everybody knew that Kyuhyun and Heechul simply did not get along, he didn't understand why he was suddenly being asked to get Kyuhyun.

"What? Why me?" Heechul asked.

"Well, you're the only person who's free right now." Ryeowook said, implying that everyone else on the submarine was busy or doing some other task.

"...But-" Heechul was cut off.

"Please hyung~" Ryeowook asked in aegyo, Heechul sighed.

"...Fine, whatever." Heechul muttered, walking out of the kitchen and down the hall.

"Thanks." Ryeowook spoke, secretly smirking. It was going well.

Heechul walked down the hall. Honestly, he found the arrangement of the submarine annoying. The only way to get to the hall was to go through the kitchen, which was rather troublesome for both the chefs and other crew. As Heechul walked down the hall, he reached Kyuhyun's room and hesitated.

"Hey! Hurry up and get out, you're needed!" Heechul shouted as he banged the door of Kyuhyun's room loudly.

"..." A silence greated him.

"Listen to me! Get the hell out of your room!" Heechul shouted once again.

"..."

"YAH!!"

"..." Finally, Heechul had lost his patience. Without thinking, he popened the door of Kyuhyun's room.

"...Kyu-" But Heechul was cut off when he entered Kyuhyun's room. There, his eyes widened. The maknae, Kyuhyun, was crying.

"...H-Heechul..." Kyuhyun stuttered, Heechul looked away.

"...They need you, hurry up."

'R-Right."

"..."

"Heechul." Kyuhyun muttered quietly, a shiver went up Heechul's spine when he heard his name being called.

"What?" Heechul asked coldly, Kyuhyun looked away.

"...Thanks for telling me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heechul hyung." Ryeowook called, Heechul turned his head.

"What?"

"Can you go get Kyuhyun?"

"...Again?" Heechul asked in a rather annoyed manner, he couldn't understand why Ryeowook as suddenly making him get Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, why not? I mean, you did it yesterday." Ryeowook said, Heechul glared at the air.

"I did it yesterday, so I'm not doing it today."

"Why? You did it yesterday, you can do it today also. I'm amazed you managed not to argue with Kyuhyun." Ryeowook said, trying to stifle the smile which was soon taking place on his lips.

"Not today." Heechul said, Ryeowook turned his head to the other.

"Tomorrow then?"
 
"...Aish, this is so troublesome." Heechul finally spoke as he finally left the counter and began walking down the hall.

"Where are you going?" Ryeowook asked with a fake tone of innocence.

"To get that damn maknae." Heechul grumbled, Ryeowook smiled behind his hyung.

Heechul slowly walked down the hall, reaching Kyuhyun's room. With a silent knock, Heechul waited for a response. Yet, nothing happened. Heechul hissed rather angrily.

"..."

"Maknae! Get out of your room!" Heechul screamed, his voice echoing down the hall. There was no way his voice wasn't heard.

"..."

"Maknae! Kyuhyun!" Heechul screamed once again. The elder gulped, he had never once said Kyuhyun's name. Somehow, it felt warm on his tongue, the name lingered.

"..."

"...Don't tell me that he's... again... No, it couldn't be." Heechul muttered. With those words, he entered Kyuhyun's room. And again, just like yesterday, his eyes widened. Kyuhyun was crying.

"...H-Heechul... Hyung..." Kyuhyun stuttered, wiping his tears away.

"You're getting called again, hurry up." Heechul said in a tense way, hair covering his eyes but not his sight. He hated it, seeing the maknae with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"R-Right..." The maknae stuttered, Heechul gulped. He wasn't going to take this again.

----------------------------------------------------------

"...Where are you going?" Ryeowook questioned as he saw Heechul walk across the floor and down the hall.

"To get Kyuhyun." Heechul replied, Ryeowook gave a twisted and questioning look.

"Why?"

"Because I've done it twice and might as well do it a third time."

"...If you want." Ryeowook muttered, smiling slightly as he saw Heechul knock on Kyuhyun's room and enter. Ryeowook knew.

"..." Without a single word, Heechul entered Kyuhyun's room, pretty much knowing what was going to happen. When Heechul entered, he saw Kyuhyun crying again. With that.

"Heechul-"

"I've watched you cry so many damn times, I'm not taking it anymore."

"Wha-"

"If you're going to cry, then at least do it with me!" Heechul exclaimed loudly, feeling Kyuhyun's hands gripping his shirt slightly.

"...H-Hyung..." Kyuhyun stuttered in Heechul's arms.

"Shut up and just cry already. I'm sick of seeing you with that fake smile on your lips."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And with those words, Kyuhyun cried with his head pressed against Heechul's chest. Heechul gulped as his hands were around the other, he couldn't deny it now. Since the first day that he had met Kyuhyun, he always knew he had some sort of attraction to him. But Heechul didn't want to acknowledge that, so he caused them to fight on the very first day. On the first day Kyuhyun and Heechul met, the elder wasn't sure what he felt towards the other. Some sort of connection, electricity. Even more than that though, Heechul experienced something that he had never felt.

He had fallen in love at first sight.

Cho Kyuhyun. The only person who could ever make Heechul act in such a way. A smile as gentle as an angel's. A sweet and caring tone. A laugh as melodious as a song. A stare which was hypnotizing as a magic trick. Soft and pale skin. This was what Heechul thought of when he saw Kyuhyun. But of course, being the prideful man that Heechul was, he would never say such words out loud. Like a young child maybe, the way a young boy would tease someone who they had a crush on. It was just the odd way Heechul showed affection to others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heechul held Kyuhyun in his arms tightly, the younger boy seemed to have fallen asleep. They were under the blanket together, their bodies close but not yet touching. Heechul held his head up with his hand, watching the younger sleep. Kyuhyun looked so peaceful, so innocent... Heechul tried not to think of himself as a stalker, watching a person sleep. Slowly though, Kyuhyun's eyes fluttered open. Heechul stared at him, reluctantly pulling his eyes away.

"Heechul hyung..." Kyuhyun muttered quietly, looking up to see Heechul. The younger's eyes widened to see Heechul staring back at him.

"Why do you keep crying?" Heechul asked without really thinking,

"...What?"

"Tell me, why do you keep crying?" Heechul repeated, he saw Kyhuyun gulp.

"...It's nothing. Really, it's nothing at all."

"Liar, I'm not stupid enough to believe that. Just tell me." Heechul muttered quietly, he wanted to know.

"What does it matter to you?" Kyuhyun asked quietly.

"...It matters more than you think."

"Really? You who hated me from day one, actually care?" Kyuhyun asked with a fake tone of amusement, it hurt to think of such memories.

"...I don't hate you, now tell me. Why do you keep crying?" Heechul spoke.

"...If you really must know, my Grandmother died not too long ago..."

"...I'm sorry, I didn't know." Heechul apologised, a small smile crawled to Kyuhyun's lips.

"Yeah, now I'm really an orphan." Kyuhyun laughed bitterly, Heechul's eyes widened.

"...What?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Tell me." Heechul spoke, Kyuhyun shook slightly.

"...I don't have... I don't have family anymore... They all died in a car accident, they all left me. My Noona, my Umma and my Appa were all kid instantly. I survived luckily with a 20% chance of living through it... But, sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to die..." Kyuhyun whispered quietly. With those words, the younger quietly moved closer to Heechul. Without saying a word, he pressed his head against Heechul's head.

"Kyuhyun..."

"I miss them... I miss having a family, I miss it all..." Kyuhyun whimpered against Heechul's chest, the elder rubbed Kyuhyun's back gently. Heechul didn't know about any of this.

"...Why cry when you have so many people here though? There's Sungmin, Jungsoo, Youngwoon and so much more people. I don't get how you could even consider dying when so many people care about you." Heechul whispered quietly, awkwardly feeling Kyuhyun's arms around him.

"Do you care about me?" Kyuhyun asked with a rather hesitant tone of voice, Heechul's voice hitched.

"...I..."

"Hm, don't worry about it. Even if you don't hate me I know you dislike me. You're just being nice to me for once right?" Kyuhyun asked with a quiet tone of voice, his body pressing against Heechul's. Finally, the elder couldn't help it anymore. Being in a bed with Kyuhyun and having their bodies so close to eacch other was just too tempting.

"I love you."

"..."

"Say something!" Heechul exclaimed at Kyuhyun, the other looked away.

"I-I... I love you too." Kyuhyun stuttered slightly with flushed cheeks, Heechul smirked with that reaction. With that, Heechul quickly stole the younger's full lips. Kyuhyun's eyes widened, Heechul didn't pay attention to that though. Through their pressed lips, Heechul whispered words which Kyuhyun loved to hear.

"I can be your family."