A Couple More Days (changkyu)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by Only4Kyu~

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kyuhyunnie." Muttered someone, it was Changmin. He had returned home from work, only to see his precious boyfriend sitting on the bed with no expression what so ever. It was clear that Kyuhyun was shaking slightly, his eyes staring onto the floor as dull as ever. Changmin gave a twisted expression, this was not how his boyfriend usually was.

"...C-Changmin-ah." Kyuhyun stuttered as he turned his gaze to Changmin, eyes swollen red and watery. Changmin's eyes widened slightly when he saw that, Kyuhyun hardly ever cried.

"Were you crying? Is something wrong?" Changmin quickly asked, walking to Kyuhyun's side. The slightly older one out of the two waved his hand as a signal of denial, although it was an obvious lie.

"N-No, nothing's wrong. Everything's perfectly fine." Kyuhyun stuttered once again, forcing a constantly collapsing smile onto his lips. Changmin scowled at that, he hated it when Kyuhyun did such things.

"Really? Are you sure?" Changmin questioned, rubbing Kyuhyun's shoulder gently. A kind gesture shown to his boyfriend. Kyuhyun nodded quietly, standing up with a slight crookedness.

"Y-Yeah. Don't worry, I'm just feeling a little ill." Kyuhyun mumbled quietly, holding onto Changmin's arm gently. Kyuhyun lifted his hand and rubbed his head slightly, showing that his head was hurting.

"...Do you want me to go to the pharmacy and get you some medicine?" Changmin asked in a concerned manner. Kyuhyun smiled at his boyfriend's kind offer but shook his head.

"N-No thanks. I can manage. I just need to go to the bathroom for a minute..." Kyuhyun spoke, quickly rushing out the bedroom and heading towards the bathroom in a hurry.

Once he arrived, Kyuhyun slammed the door shut with a loud noise, locked it and ran over to the sink as fast as he could. Kyuhyun coughed and spit into the sink with his eyes squinted due to the pain in his chest. Once he opened his eyes properly, Kyuhyun stared. He wasn't shocked or surprised, Kyuhyun was in some way expectant of the situation. There was blood. His blood. Splattered all over the bathroom sink. Somehow, he had coughed up his own blood. Kyuhyun turned the tap on, leaving the water running to wash away the red liquid.

Kyuhyun fell to his knees and gripped the edge of the sink.

"...Not now... Not when my life is as perfect as it could be... Please... Just a couple more days... For him..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Changmin-ah." Kyuhyun called in the morning, they were eating breakfast together like every other day. Kyuhyun managed to get over the fact he was coughing up blood and forced a smile to his lips.

"Yes?" Changmin asked. His attention was usually on the food in front of him, but since Kyuhyun was acting oddly since yesterday, Changmin wasn't really thinking too much about it. He cared too much for Kyuhyun. It was visible that his slightly older boyfriend gulped.

"What would you do if..." Kyuhyun was about to ask a question, but he stopped in the middle. He was hesitant, he was unsure, he didn't even seem to want a true answer.

"What would I do if what?" Changmin questioned back rhetorically, wanting Kyuhyun to go on. Kyuhyun looked down, feeling Changmin's concerned stares. It made his heart ache uncontrollably.

"...What would you do if one day, I just disappeared?" Kyuhyun asked, breathing slowly. Changmin gave Kyuhyun a twisted expression.

"If you disappeared?"

"Yeah, if I disappeared. What would you do?"

"...Well, I would look for you until I found you, no matter how long it takes." Changmin spoke, Kyuhyun let a quivering smile crawl up to his lips. No matter how sweet those words were, Kyuhyun couldn't help but feel his heart ache even more.

"But... What if you could never find me again? If I wasn't even alive anymore?" Kyuhyun asked hesitantly, pushing on.

"You mean, like dead?" Changmin questioned, Kyuhyun nodded his head silently.

"...Y-Yeah. Like if I was dead... what would you do?" Kyuhyun stuttered.

"...That would be the end for me, I can't be without you. You're my everything. If you died, my life would be hell." Changmin told Kyuhyun, the slightly older one out of the two shivered quietly.

"...It wouldn't be that bad, would it?" Kyuhyun asked rhetorically.

"Of course it would, the love of my life isn't there anymore. What would you expect?"

"...If I were to ever die, I would want you to continue on happily and live life. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean that your life isn't there anymore." Kyuhyun told Changmin quietly, the younger stared.

"...Why are you bringing this up anyway?" Changmin asked, beginning to feel suspicious.

"B-Because if anything were to ever happen to anyone of us..." Kyuhyun muttered through the hissing silence.

"You shouldn't think like that, you're not planning on leaving any time soon... right?" Changmin asked rhetorically, Kyuhyun forced a short smile to his lips. His lower lip was quivering.

"...R-Right... Just know that I love you." Kyuhyun spoke as he walked to Changmin.

"I love you too..." Changmin whispered back, bringing his lips to Kyuhyun's. Changmin couldn't understand why Kyuhyun was shivering constantly, and he couldn't understand why there was a slight taste of blood.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two days left..." Kyuhyun muttered to himself as he sat on the couch, his head resting on Changmin's. Changmin raised a brow to Kyuhyun's words, he seemed so out of it lately.

"Two days left until what?" Changmin asked, Kyuhyun's eyes widened when he realised he had said that outside. He moved his head off Changmin's shoulder and stared into the other's eyes.

"N-Nothing!"

"..."

"Sorry Changminnie, I do know it's Valentine's Day. I was just a little surprised." Kyuhyun apologised, laughing awkwardly and giving Changmin a gentle kiss on the cheek. Changmin felt it was odd, but ignored the feeling.

"Good, I thought you forgot." Changmin muttered, Kyuhyun smiled quietly as he moved closer to the other who wrapped his arm around his waist.

"I'd never forget, I want to tell you something very special on that day." Kyuhyun said in an almost joking way.

"Really, and what's that?" Changmin questioned, Kyuhyun giggled quietly. But then, when Changmin stopped paying attention to Kyuhyun's expression, the elder bit his quivering lip.

Kyuhyun wished it wasn't true.

"It's a secret."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One more day, then it's done." Kyuhyun spoke, looking something on his phone in the kitchen.

"What are you doing Kyu?" Changmin asked as entered, Kyuhyun quickly put the phone behind him. Changmin stared at his lover with suspicion.

"I'm just thinking." Kyuhyun muttered, rushing out of the kitchen, leaving his phone on the counter. Changmin wasn't sure what was happening with his boyfriend anymore.

"You seem out of it lately. " Changmin muttered just before Kyuhyun left the room, pretty sure the other could hear him clearly.

Changmin picked up Kyuhyun's phone out of curiosity of what his boyfriend was looking at. Changmin's eyes widened slightly when he saw what it was.

An old picture of him and Kyuhyun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The last day." Kyuhyun muttered as he entered the lounge room, seeing Changmin sitting on the couch. He went up to his slightly younger boyfriend and sat on the couch next to him.

"For what?" Changmin muttered, wanting to know what has been happening with his boyfriend for the last few days. Kyuhyun took a deep breath, holding onto Changmin's hand.

"It's the last day to tell you I love you." Kyuhyun muttered, trying to keep his voice strong. It didn't work though, his voice was shivering. When Changmin heard those words, his eyes widened as he turned to stare at the other.

"...What?" Changmin asked rhetorically, his eyes staring deeply into Kyuhyun's.

"Let me talk, I want to tell you this." Kyuhyun muttered.

"...Okay." Changmin answered.

"Changmin, I love you, I love you more than the world. I am always so happy to be with you, the light shining in the darkness of my life. But I know, I'm going to make you sad and miserable. So I need to tell you this:One of the simplist ways to stay happy is letting go of the things that make you sad. Sometimes you miss the memories, not the person." Kyuhyun said, his voice shaking even more, Changmin wasn't sure what was happening.

"..."

"I'm leaving today. Please... just don't cry over me."

"...You're leaving me? You're breaking up with me?" Changmin suddenly asked, Kyuhyun gave a hurt smile and shook his head.

"No, I'm not breaking up with you." Kyuhyun replied quietly, Changmin raised a brow.

"Then what's going on?"

"...Changmin, I haven't told you, but I'm ill." Kyuhyun muttered, Changmin simply stared.

"What does-" Just as Changmin was asking this question, Kyuhyun cut in and spoke words he never wanted to hear.

"I'm dying." Kyuhuyn spoke.

"..."

"..I-I told myself I wouldn't cry... But I just can't..." Kyuhyun then began to shake, tears streaming down his face.

"W-Why are you dying?! Are you serious?!" Changmin asked in a somewhat rushed manner, his intense eyes staring at Kyuhyun's shaking figure. Changmin held tightly onto Kyuhyun's hand, reluctant to ever let go. Kyuhyun looked down and forced out from his lips a bitter laugh, tears still streaming down his cheek.

"Aish, I can feel my heart stopping. Not again, I felt this yesterday as well..." Kyuhyun muttered, coughing slightly in his hand. When Kyuhyun pulled his hand away, there was blood stained on his pale skin. Changmin's eyes widened with the sight.

"K-Kyu!" Changmin exclaimed with a stutter.

"I love you, I always will." Kyuhyun smiled, wiping the blood in his hands on his clothes. Changmin wasn't sure how to feel, there was a rather large hole in his heart at the moment.

"Don't tell me that you're dying!! What am I supposed to do without you??!!"

"...Chang... Changmin... You're... when I'm gone... Supposed to live the life you deserve..." Kyuhyun's breathing then became heavy, gripping his shirt and trying to ignore the pain.

"But-"

"...I almost... can't see you anymore... You're still there... right?" Kyuhyun asked rhetorically, his eyes still flowing with teardrops. Kyuhyun was still holding Changmin's hand, but wasn't able to see anything anymore. It was the tears, but also the fact he was dying. Kyuhyun gripped Changmin's hand slightly harder, wanting to make sure Changmin was there.

"I-I'll call the ambulance!" Changmin stuttered, Kyuhyun laughed bitterly once again.

"It's no use... I went to the doctor's multiple times... They can't save me..." Kyuhyun said quietly, biting his lower and quivering lip. Changmin began to feel tears spill from his eyes.

"Please, Kyuhyun!" Exclaimed Changmin.

"...I know its selfish... I know I'm selfish... but can you kiss me right now?" Kyuhyun asked, almost unable to see anything. He lifted his head, moving closer. Changmin nodded quietly, moving his hand to Kyuhyun's cheek and drawing the other in for a short kiss. Then, just like, they parted.

"..."

"...I'm happy..." Kyuhyun whispered with a forced smile, Changmin felt anger at this.

"Liar, you liar! How can you be happy? You're dying!" Changmin yelled. When Kyuhyun heard those words, Kyuhyun's smile faded. The elder began to shake once again, whimpering loudly.

"..I-I-I don't w-want to die... I-I don't want t-t-o leave you by yourself..." Kyuhyun cried, his head pressed against Changmin's chest. Changmin couldn't stop his tears flowing.

"Kyuhyun..."

"I'm so sorry, I'm a terrible person...." Kyuhyun cried, gripping Changmin's clothes tightly.

"You're not terrible, I am… I just want to show you how much I care... I can’t love you like I want to, even though you’re in front of me... even though you’re trying so hard to smile for me." Changmin shivered, he didn't want to believe Kyuhyun was leaving him so soon.

"I love you, forever..." And with those words, Kyuhyun's body fell limp. His eyes closed gently. Changmin's eyes widened at that.

Changmin stared down in horror to see the forever sleeping Kyuhyun. He bit his lip and cried.

"I love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changmin stayed in their room. But, it wasn't their room anymore. No, it wasn't Kyuhyun and Changmin's room anymore, it was just Changmin's. But there was no way Changmin was going to acknowledge that fact now. He was scared, afraid, clueless without his precious boyfriend next to him. Oh, what on Earth was Changmin supposed to do now? His stomach was twisting and turning, his heart was being torn in two.

He had found out that Kyuhyun was suffering from an unheard of sickness. When he called the ambulance and they arrived, Kyuhyun was already dead. Changmin just sat there in shock and terror as the ambulance brought the lifeless body of his boyfriend away from him. Changmin, once arriving at the hospital, was completely hysteric. He couldn't believe that his boyfriend was gone, he refused to think about it.

Of course, his family and friends tried to help him, but what could they really do? All they did was tell him meaningless words which didn't even help him. Changmin knew that his family were trying their best, but he didn't want it. He wanted Kyuhyun, he that person was no longer with him.

"...Are you here... Kyuhyunnie?" Changmin questioned, knowing nobody was there.

When he asked that question, Changmin swore he felt somebody wrap their arms tightly around him. His eyes widened, but the feeling faded. Nobody was there with him. At least, he didn't think anyone was there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 3 years after Kyuhyun's death, and Changmin was finally over it. And when I say 'over it', I mean Changmin stopped crying at the memories of Kyuhyun in his mind. Changmin stopped crying at the pictures of him and Kyuhyun together. He was now able to finally accept that Kyuhyun was no longer alive. But to be honest, Changmin, he was never really 'over it'. He still loved Kyuhyun with all his heart. No matter how many people approached him in interest or with the intention to start a relationship, every single one of them were never able to match up to Kyuhyun's perfection. Thus, Changmin one day stopped it all. He stopped dating people in search of a perfect replacement, he stopped searching for the perfect copy of Kyuhyun. He wasn't interested in it anymore, all he wanted was Kyuhyun.

All his friends and family noticed, but never said a word against it. After all, everybody knew just how much Changmin loved Kyuhyun. Everybody knew how inseperable they were since the first day the two met each other. Of course though, everyone worried. But it was better this way, for Changmin at least. Even though he finally acknowledged the fact Kyuhyun wasn't with him, he never acknowledged the fact that Kyuhyun wasn't his boyfriend anymore. Everything he and Kyuhyun had together were still there. Kyuhyun's clothes were in the wardrobe, Kyuhyun's side of the bed as always made and all of Kyuhyun's items and possessions were still in perfect condition.

Changmin heard the window opening once again in the house, but he wasn't the one opening it. The ring on his finger was worn properly, his hands gripping the newspaper he was reading with a cup of coffee beside him on the table. At that sound, Changmin sighed. He put down the newspaper and stared at the window. Even though it looked like nobody was there besides the lifeless items.

"Kyuhyun-ah, are you here again? Can you hear me? Can you see how pathetic I am now? Can you see how much I need you?" Changmin asked rhetorically in a somewhat joking manner, the room filled with nobody but him.

Suddenly, a wind came through the window. The papers on the table blew furiously, scattering across the floor. The wind then knocked down some of the ornaments decorated around the house. Changmin stared to see what he thought was the silhouette of a man behind the curtains which blew mysteriously, soon fading into a nothing. Changmin then felt the wind blowing against him, but he knew it wasn't just the wind. It was as if two thin arms were wrapped tightly around him, hugging the tall man as tight as it possibly could. Then, Changmin felt a release from around his body, almost a reluctant one. Then slowly, the wind retreated back to its home. Changmin slowly crossed his legs, reached his hand out for his cup of coffee, brought it to his lips with a little smile playing on his face.

"...I'll take that as a yes."

'I love you, I love you, I love you.' Someone seemed to whisper, but nobody was in the room besides him.

Changmin questioned whether those words were real or not, but there was no way he wouldn't reply.

"I love you too."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to make it angsty... but I'm not sure if it's that sad... what do you guys think?~ ^^