Phone Calls (Jaejoong/Kyuhyun)

Oneshot Series

This was a drabble, and people wanted a longer version.. so, here you go~ ^^

--------------------------------------------------------

'Three of the TVXQ members, Hero Jaejoong, Xiah Junsu and Micky Yoochun have left the group.'

The words flashed on the television, Jaejoong ruffled his hair and groaned. It had been a little over a month, and they were still showing the same news. Did they think that nobody knew? Or were they trying to be cruel on purpose? Jaejoong watched the television screen, changing the channel to another. Why was the news industry so cruel all the time?

Jaejoong groaned. Life was hard. Everything was going wrong. The world's weight was burdened onto his shoulders. Jaejoong rubbed his head, perhaps it was better to just give up his career. Jaejoong stared at the television, eyes suddenly widening. He heard it, the voice which sang the most beautiful songs. The thought went through Jaejoong's head, 'But he was still smiling'. Him. The maknae of Super Junior. Cho Kyuhyun. He still grinned happily, singing and dancing, it was all he ever wanted to do. Memories began to rush. A slight and painful smile made its way to Jaejoong's lips, Kyuhyun was so beautiful. Since the first day Jaejoong had left the company, Kyuhyun hadn't changed. He had been through so much, constantly being knocked down, and yet, he was still there. He was still standing on the stage.

The new, depressed, JYJ member stood up, stretching his muscles. He laughed bitterly to himself. Kyuhyun was the only one who could truly help Jaejoong, the brief memory of the maknae had already made him smile. Something he hadn't done for so long. Quietly, a longing, a yearning, it had begun to start again. Jaejoong wanted to be with Kyuhyun so badly. He wanted to touch him, see him, taste him... Behind Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun stood. he turned to them, giving an unreadable expression.

"What is it?" The two asked in union, Jaejoong sighed. Perhaps it wasn't going to be a good idea, but Jaejoong didn't really care anymore. Even if it was only for a day, an hour, a minute, or even a mere second... Jaejoong wasn't able to suppress his want.

"If I called Kyuhyun again, do you think he would answer?" Jaejoong asked softly, the two gave a sympathetic look and shrugged. The elder still had Kyuhyun's number saved on his phone, he still had all their numbers saved on his phone. When Jaejoong looked through them though, wondering whether he should call, he always stopped the longest at Kyuhyun's name. And of course, in the end, he didn't have the strength to phone any of them.

Junsu thought for a little, before giving Jaejoong a hopeful, but crumbling, smile.

"Kyuhyun loves you too much, he'll definitely pick it up." Junsu spoke with fading hope, Jaejoong gave a quick smile back.

He prayed that Junsu was right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong sighed as he gripped his phone tightly, staring with depression. He laid in bed, sighing deeply. It had been over thirty minutes, over 35 phonecalls, and yet, still no reply. No one was picking up on the other end, Jaejoong bit his quivering lip. Perhaps he was delusional, what a foolish thing he had done. Jaejoong wanted to fall into darkness, never to get out of the pit he had dug for himself.

'We are sorry, the number you have attempted to call is currently unavailable.'

He wondered what was going on. Was Kyuhyun avoiding his calls? Did Kyuhyun change his number? Or was Kyuhyun on schedule? The maknae never turned his phone on when he was busy, Jaejoong sighed once again. The elder wanted to keep optimistic about the situation, thinking to himself that Kyuhyun was just busy recording some music, or filming a show. Or perhaps even rehearsing for a play. But despite how desperately Jaejoong was forcing those thoughts to come through, the chance of Kyuhyun avoiding his calls was still there.

The elder remembered Junsu's words, the ones which he prayed to God were true. 'Kyuhyun loves you too much, he'll definitely pick up.'. Did Kyuhyun really love him that much? Jaejoong shook his head, he knew that those words were true. At least, once upon a time. He smiled at the memory of him and Kyuhyun were together, before they became involved in such a mess. Jaejoong remembered how simple life was, with Kyuhyun beside him. The Super Junior maknae would always be there, listening to him, despite what Jaejoong would talk on and on about. He even listened when Jaejoong was speaking in Japanese, not knowing what anything the elder said meant. It didn't matter too much to Kyuhyun, he always said that it was, 'hot'.

Another smile crept its way to Jaejoong's lips, the memory of the two of them playing together, speaking to each other while in the warmth of the bed. Such a simple, yet beautiful, memory. Jaejoong held his phone back over his head, attempting to call once more. He was so desperate, he just wanted Kyuhyun. Through the silence, Jaejoong put the phone back to his ear. How many calls did this make? 36 out 37? Or perhaps 38? Jaejoong cringed at the ringing sound, gripping his phone with disappointment.

'We are sorry, the number you have attempted to call is currently unavailable.'

Jaejoong sighed to himself, it was clear that Kyuhyun wasn't going to pick up. The elder stood up, rubbing his head and beginning to walk away. Perhaps he should just leave his phone for a little while. But just as Jaejoong put down his phone, just about to leave the room, he heard his phone vibrating. Soon after, the most familiar and lovely ringtone began to play. Jaejoong turned to his phone, eyes widening. Quickly, not wanting to miss it, Jaejoong ran back to the phone and picked it up, accepting the call and bringing the mobile to his ear.

"Hello?" Jaejoong spoke in a rushed manner, waiting, expecting the voice of him.

"Jae... Jaejoong." The elder's eyes widened, giving a smile which he hadn't given in a while. Kyuhyun was listening, Kyuhyun said his name, Kyuhyun had called him once again.

"...Y-You picked up. I thought that you were avoiding my calls, I thought-" Jaejoong was cut off by a low, husky, whimpering phrase.

"I miss you."

------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week since that conversation, where Jaejoong and Kyuhyun spoke for the very first time in months. And not because of the lawsuit. As they both became more popular, doing activities with their own individual groups, they're schedules became busier, the less and less time they had to spend with each other. Jaejoong grasped his phone tightly. He wanted to call the younger once again, to hear the other's voice, but Jaejoong had become a little wearier compared to before, and decided it wasn't a good idea.

He and Kyuhyun spoke on the phone for about two hours, speaking as if nothing had ever acted. They acted as if they were still together, because they never officially parted, telling of how their lives were and everything going on. Jaejoong noticed that Kyuhyun never brought up 'JYJ', he never asked how he was doing since the break-up. A slight smile appeared on Jaejoong's lips, Kyuhyun always knew how to make others feel better. Just from speaking, Kyuhyun allowed Jaejoong to feel as if everything was still alright.

Jaejoong bit his lip when he remembered the end of the conversation with Kyuhyun, hearing voices in the background. Without even thinking, or asking, Jaejoong disconnected the call as soon as he heard others around. His heart began to pulse, hoping that it wasn't Kyuhyun being caught in the scene of the crime. He ruffled his own hair. A cold wind quickly washed over Jaejoong, bringing him back to reality. He stared longingly at the small grocery story beside him, he and Kyuhyun often came here.

With a heavy sigh, Jaejoong stood up from the bench, beginning to walk off until he heard someone call him.

"...Hyung?" Spoke a low, husky voice. Kyuhyun's voice. Jaejoong quickly turned, thinking he was hearing things. The elder widened his eyes when he realised that it wasn't just an illusion. His lover was standing right in front of him.

"Kyuhyun." Jaejoong said, in almost the same way to the last week when he picked up the phone to hear Kyuhyun's voice. The younger stared in shock, eyes widened to a certain extent as he stared. Kyuhyun's breath hitched just slightly, unable to pull his wistful gaze away.

"J-Jaejoong." Kyuhyun stuttered. He had just been going for a walk, and didn't expect to see Jaejoong along the way. The sun was just about setting, the sky dyed pretty pinks and oranges.

"Why are you here?" Jaejoong asked out of interest. He began walking a couple steps towards Kyuhyun, wanting to hold the younger, but stopping himself constantly when remembering the boundary which had been created after the lawsuit. Kyuhyun stared into Jaejoong's eyes, giving a bitter and slow smile.

"Because we always came here. At least, we used to." Kyuhyun replied sadly, Jaejoong froze.

"..." Jaejoong fell silent, Kyuhyun gave a wanting gaze. Quietly, with hesitance but determination, Kyuhyun paced towards Jaejoong and wrapped his arms around the elder's neck. It was so warm. Jaejoong's gaze went gentle, eyes closing, as his hands s around Kyuhyun's waist. It had been so long since they were this intimate.

"Can we just pretend, even if it's only for today, that nothing has changed? It's still... the same?" Kyuhyun asked silently, timidly after a couple seconds in the hug. Jaejoong heard those words and smiled, holding the younger even more tightly.

"That's all I've ever wanted."

------------------------------------------------------

After that, the two, Jaejoong and Kyuhyun spent time like they normally did. They acted as if nothing had changed, and they were just on another one of their ordinary dates. They enjoyed their time, going out to eat and playing with each other like little children. Nothing could have been more perfect.

Soon, night came, and that meant a lot to Kyuhyun and Jaejoong.

"Well isn't someone getting a little impatient?" Kyuhyun asked with a slight laugh, Jaejoong's hands holding onto the maknae's waist. The had booked a motel for the night, and were planning to spend more than just a couple hours in the room. Without too much thought, Jaejoong pushed Kyuhyun down onto the mattress and quickly climbed on top of the younger. Kyuhyun smiled to himself, feeling Jaejoong's soft kisses on his neck. The elder simply hummed, letting out a light sigh.

"I just can't help it. It's been so long since..." Jaejoong trailed off, Kyuhyun quickly noticing the depression in his voice. Kyuhyun nodded, giving Jaejoong a tight hug. Jaejoong's body began to feel less tense, a smile appearing on his face. Suddenly, he heard Kyuhyun's voice.

"Tonight only. I'm willing to do everything you want, so stop talking." Kyuhyun whispered through the silence, eyes closing as he felt Jaejoong's lips. The elder grinned with excitement. Usually, Kyuhyun wasn't so willing, but at that moment, he would have accepted anything. For Jaejoong. At the back of their minds, they knew it would probably be the last day, and last night together, so both wanted to enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------

The next day, both were tired but happy. The sunlight made its way through the curtains, lighting up the room.

"Good morning." Jaejoong muttered, rubbing his eyes and giving a content look. He turned to Kyuhyun, who was still sleeping on the elder's arm. Jaejoong pulled Kyuhyun in closer, beginning to feel a light chill. A hum escaped Kyuhyun's lips, cuddling into the elder's chest.

"Morning." Kyuhyun replied in one world. The morning was peaceful, at least it was until a ringing sound was heard. Jaejoong sighed, staring at the side table.

"Your phone, Kyu." Jaejoong whispered silently, Kyuhyun made a whining noise and refused to change his position.

"Do I really have to pick it up?" Kyuhyun asked in a somewhat depressed way, knowing that once he left the motel room, he would probably never be able to see Jaejoong again. The elder understood, but attempted to act as if nothing was room.

"Well, it might be important. Who knows who it may be..." Jaejoong replied as he trailed off, a bitter taste becoming known. Kyuhyun sighed, groaning as he left the warmth of Jaejoong's arms and picked up him phone from the side table. As Kyuhyun stared to see who the caller was, his eyes widened.

"It's my manager." Kyuhyun uttered, sitting up from his previous position. Jaejoong stared, giving a reluctant nod.

"..." Kyuhyun turned to Jaejoong, giving an apologetic and sympathetic gaze. He could tell on the inside, Jaejoong was hurting. But so was Kyuhyun.

"He's probably wondering where I am, I have to go." Kyuhyun whispered, leaving the blankets and beginning to get dressed.

"Have fun." Jaejoong mumbled, Kyuhyun bit his quivering lip.

"...I'm sorry for being like this, maybe it wasn't such a good idea." Kyuhyun spoke, staring at Jaejoong as he finished dressing up and held his phone tightly in his hand. Jaejoong managed to give a slight smile.

"I regret nothing." Jaejoong stated, the certainty calming Kyuhyun's wavering heart. He smiled.

"...Me neither, I'll never ever regret it." Kyuhyun replied, Jaejoong sat up.

"Remember, I'm always here if you need me. Just call me. When you're drunk, when you're lonely, when you're bored as hell or even when you just want to complain... My door's always open." Jaejoong told the younger, Kyuhyun wanted nothing more but for life to be like it once was.

"I love you." Kyuhyun said, Jaejoong smiled.

"Me too." Jaejoong replied, Kyuhyun sighed as he shook his head.

"... I'm feeling so selfish all of a sudden." Kyuhyun whispered, walking backwards until he reached the door. Jaejoong felt that something was wrong.

"Hm?" Jaejoong questioned, Kyuhyun gave a weak smile.

"You can forget about me if you want." Kyuhyun muttered, Jaejoong's eyes widened.

"Wha-" Jaejoong was cut off.

"I have to go now, bye Jaejoong." Kyuhyun spoke, putting his shoes on and attempting to rush out the door. Too bad that Jaejoong was fast. He leapt out of bed with the blanket wrapped around his waist, catching Kyuhyun before he left. Jaejoong grabbed Kyuhyun by the wrist, holding him from leaving.

"I'm never going to forget you, so don't bother telling me to." Jaejoong whispered, shocking Kyuhyun. The maknae stood there, frozen for a second. Kyuhyun turned to Jaejoong, giving a bitter smile as tears ran down his cheek. Then, without saying anything else, Kyuhyun rushed down the hall, his words echoing through Jaejoong's mind.

"I'm sorry."

-------------------------------------------

The end... a little angsty... perhaps a sequel would make up for it... I rushed this a little, did you enjoy it though?~ ^^