Care

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

“Drive safely.” I said to Donghae before giving him a peck on his cheek.

“I will. Go in. It’s cold.” He said and I walked towards my house and turned back to wave him goodbye before entering the house.

During our drive to my house, Donghae asked me about when I was going to tell my Omma about us. I know Omma would be elated, but I don’t know how to tell her. Should I tell her today? I guess perhaps not she might get too excited and bug me the entire night. Perhaps tomorrow morning I’ll tell her.

I went up to my room and took a long shower before changing into my pajamas before walking out of the bathroom, drying my hair with a towel. I walked out to find my phone blinking I guess Donghae was calling.

“Are you home?” I asked.

“Actually I’m at the hostel. I still have work to do.” He said. I looked at the clock to see that it’s already close to 1am.

“But it’s already so late.” I said.

“It’s ok. I need to finish it today.” He said.

“Ok then. But don’t stay up too late. Don’t pick me up tomorrow morning. Get some rest.” I said.

“But my shift is at night tomorrow. If I don’t send you in the morning, I might not be able to meet you tomorrow.” I can hear him pouting through his voice.

“We can meet during lunch. My hours are flexible. When you’re awake, give me a call and we can go have lunch.” I said.

“Alright. It’s already late. Go to bed. You have an early day.” He said.

“Ok. Don’t stay up too late. Good night!” I said before I hung up.

I sat down in front of my dressing table, drying my hair, realizing that he sacrifice sleep to just be with me He could have finished his work before coming to find me, but he didn’t, to him, I was more important than work.

I set an alarm for 6am tomorrow before heading to sleep, having something planned for tomorrow in my mind.

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

I looked at the clock which was about to strike 4am soon. I was barely done with my work and I am really tired. I have an operation tomorrow and if I don’t sleep soon, I don’t think I’ll be able to do the operation.

I did as much as I could and looking at the clock again, it was 5.30am and I was done. I went to my bed and slumped down on the bed, closing my eyes and drifting off to bed immediately.

When I woke up, the sun was glaring and suddenly, it struck me, I’m suppose to go pick Soobin up. Even though she asked me not to, but I want to spend as much time as I can with her. I was about to call her when I looked at the table, there was a lunch box on the table with a note stuck on it.

‘ it must have been hard on you. I made it myself. I hope it’s edible. I’ll see you during lunch. –Soobin’

She was here just now? I opened the lunch box to find eggrolls and kimbap. In the flask beside it, it contained fermented bean soup.

“Hyung, you’re so lucky. Your girlfriend is pretty and caring.” I heard my junior say as he came out of the shower.

“You’ll find a girl that will treat you well too.” I said. He is nice and funny and handsome too, but I didn’t know why he didn’t have a girlfriend till now. Many nurses idolize him and some of them developed crushes for him, but none seemed to work out. Why?

After eating the delicious meal Soobin prepared for me, I went back to bed, sleeping, thinking of Soobin.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

“You’re up so early today.” Omma said as she came down.

“I have a mission today.” I smiled as I packed the lunchbox and flask into a bag.

“For Donghae?” she smiled before taking a sip of water.

“Omma. Come.” I said as I took her hand and led her to the living room.

We sat down on the couch and I flustered somehow before looking at her, giving me a confused look.

“What’s wrong dear?” She asked as she put her hand on mine. I held her hand with my right hand and brought it up to her eye level before she gasped in surprise.

“Is that…” she looked at my hand in shock and I nodded my head.

“I agreed to marry Donghae.” I smiled and Omma’s shocked face broke into a smile.

“Really?! I need to tell your Appa.” She let go of my hand before rushing to the phone to call appa.  I smiled at her reaction before grabbing my bag and left the house.

Driver Ahjusshi dropped me at the hospital before I made my way to Donghae’s hostel. I opened the door quietly to see Donghae’s Junior walking around the room in a very sleepy state. I closed the door behind me and tapped his shoulder lightly.

“Where’s Donghae?” I asked and he greeted me softly and pointed to the bed at his left and I looked at Donghae soundly asleep in the attire he was in yesterday. I guess he must be really tired.

“I’ll go to shower. I let you be with him.” He said before disappearing behind the toilet door. I placed the lunchbox and flask on the table before sitting on the edge of the bed slowly and covering his body with the blanket. He moved slightly before falling back into deep sleep.

I smiled at his innocence and give him a peck on his forehead before pushing his hair away from his face. I stood up and left the hostel, heading back to the car, going off to work.

Looking at the clock, it was barely 11am. I wonder did Donghae eat the meal I prepared for him. He seemed really tired. Maybe we might not be able to meet for lunch today. I frowned slightly at my own statement and went back to my work.

“Boss! I’m going for lunch. Want to come?” Haemin said as she opened the door and I shook my head.

“Donghae’s coming later?” she asked and I nodded my head. Hoping he would appear.

“Ok. I’ll be back at 1pm!” She said as she went off. She seemed to be in a really good mood today.

I looked at my work and did them, looking through papers and references, not knowing that the time was passing quickly.

I took one of the files with me and sat down at the sofa in front of the window and read it comfortably. However, as I read each word, my eye lid seems to be getting heavier and heavier and in no time, I was asleep.

When I stirred slowly, I felt myself lying on something, making me able to sleep in a comfortable position. I opened my eyes to see someone I didn’t expect to see…

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

When I woke up, I looked at the clock, noticing that it’s going to be lunch time soon. I got out of bed and went to prepare myself by freshening up and taking a nice quick shower. I picked Soobin’s favourite shirt out of my closet and left for her office.

I guess if I didn’t go ask her out for lunch, she would have forgotten all about it. I smiled to myself as I made my way to my car.

When I reached her office, the guard smiled at me and when I got to her floor, many of her employees greeted me before going back to their small talk. I wanted to go into her office when someone spoke up.

“CEO doesn’t seem to be in her office.”

“I’ll wait for her inside.” I smiled and walked in. However, I was shocked by a certain scene I was seeing. Laying on the couch was Soobin and Jaejoong had his face really close to hers, like he wanted to kiss her. I was about to walk up front to deliver a punch to his face, but he realize someone was looking at him and turned around.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked not so loudly, not wanting to create a commotion and not wanting Soobin to wake up.

“Taking a close look at your girlfriend for the last time.”He said with a bitter smile. My expressions untense as I looked at him.

“I’m leaving Korea. I need to start anew. I’ve waiting or her as long as you did. However, she doesn’t like me. From the beginning, I was at the losing end because in her heart, you were always in it.” He said

“Jaejoong…” I wanted to speak up, but he cut me off.

“During our school days, we were enemies but when Soobin came, I hated you even more because I knew her heart from the start. I didn’t know how can I lose to you. I’m as good as you but she chose you over me. But now, I know I can’t force her into anything she doesn’t like. So I can only leave her because I know you’ll treat her well.” He pats my shoulder before he walked out of the office.

I look at Jaejoong walking out of the door looking slightly down, but I’m glad he came around. There would definitely be someone for him out there. I turned back to Soobin, seeing that she had fallen into deep slumber. However, for the next few minutes, Soobin tossed a turned, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

I lifted Soobin’s body off the sofa as I sat down and placed Soobin’s head on my lap. Soobin immediately stopped turning and fell back into deep sleep.

I looked at Soobin’s sleeping face and her hair softly. A few months ago, I could never imagine this to happen. Even though I went through so much, I am finally with her. I believe that after going through so much, both of us will treasure this relationship more.

While thinking of the past, I slowly fell asleep as well since I was tired from rushing out my work last night. I guess Soobin’s might not wake up soon. I closed my eyes wanting to rest but ending up falling asleep.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

I woke up to find Donghae sleeping with his elbow propped against the arm of the sofa. I then realize I was laying on his lap. His legs must feel real numb now. I guess I slept for really long as the Sun seemed like it was setting soon. However, something occurred in my mind. Didn’t Donghae say he was working night shift today?

I shook Donghae lightly as he fluttered his eyes open slowly, stretching his body before stifling a yawn. He smiled at me, but frowned after seeing my face so flustered.

“What’s wrong?” he placed his hand on my cheek.

“You’re late for work.” I sad as I stood up, wanting to leave the room, pulling him along.

“I only start at 9.” He smiled before chuckling at my silliness.

I opened the door to find all my staff had already left. On Haemin’s table was a note.

To: Boss

These are the documents you have to sign. I saw you sleeping so soundly so I decided to leave it here. Have a good day Boss.

-Haemin

P.S: Have a good dinner with Donghae!

It’s so typical of Haemin to leave such notes. I smiled before Donghae tried to peek at the note but failed. We headed to a restaurant near his hospital so we can spend more time together.

“I’ll ask Driver Kim to pick me up. Go on.” I said at the hospital door as he refused to leave till he knows I’m safely home.

“Don’t worry. I’ll reach home safely. Driver Kim has been with us for so long. Don’t be late for work. There’re many lives waiting for you.” I said before he reluctantly gave me a kiss on my cheek and let go of my hand, walking to his office. He looked back many times, but I just motioned for him to go.

End of Soobin’s POV