Fate

Different dreams

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

It’s been 3 months after Soobin left. We all had no choice but to continue with our life. School started a week ago and it’s our final year in High school.

However, there’s a drastic change in Donghae. He has stopped being Kingka as he started isolating himself from the girls and has been studying really hard. Whenever girls approach him, he would just reject them politely before leaving. He quit the position of Dance president at the beginning of the year and sat down with the rest of the committee to choose a new president.

“Do you think it’s because of Soobin?” I asked Haemin as we walked home together.

Haemin and I have been together for close to 7 months. In a few more days, we would be dating for 7 months. However, no one in school knows about this other than Donghae, but he promised to keep it a secret for us.

Even though Donghae hides away from everyone, he still treats us as friends, but to be exact, he only hangs out with us. Even his gang members find it weird.

For the whole of our last year in senior high, Donghae would go home straight after school. During his fr time, he would study in the library.

From having one of the worst results in school, he managed to work to be in the top 10 within the first term. Many people were really shocked from his sudden improvement. However, Haemin and I know that Donghae has really worked hard.

I heard from my friend Gikwang that the Kingka of his school, Kim Jaejoong was exactly the same. His results have suddenly shot through the roof. His behaviour was better and he quit his position as Kingka as well.

Haemin told me that both Donghae and Jaejoong liked Soobin, so I guess Soobin really made a big impact in their lives.

“Eunhyuk, could you help me with school work today?” Donghae approached me during lunch time.

“Sure why not?” I agreed and we arranged to meet in the library after school.

Even though I know that Donghae studies real hard, I have never seen him studying so hard before. I was sitting beside him and looking at his expression, he was really focused and concentrating on his work.

“Thanks. I’ll see you around.” Donghae said before going off.

“So how was it?” Haemin appeared behind me.

“He’s really determined.” I said.

“Let’s go for Dinner.” Haemin said as we went nearby for dinner.

Recently because of the stress we all are having, Haemin and I rarely had time to spend together. If we’re lucky, we can meet up for dinner, but if we’re not, we only survive by sending each other text messages or give each other a call since all our time is being spent on getting ready for the college entrance exams.

“You’ve slimmed down. Don’t forget to eat when you study. Health is more important. Understand?” Haemin said as she placed more meat on my plate.

“Don’t kept putting meat on my plate. You have some too. Look how skinny you are.” I said before placing some on hers.

Normally, this is the only time which I enjoy and relax. Other than that, I’ll be studying my head away. When the exam is over, we can finally spend more time together.

“Let’s work hard for the exams so that our time won’t be wasted for nothing.” I said.

“Don’t stay up too late alright?” She said before giving me a kiss on my cheek before going into her house. I waved her goodbye as I see her disappearing behind her door.

This is just the beginning of a long journey...

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

7 years later...

“Are you sure it’s done? I’ve looked at it and I think it’s half way done. How dare you show me this kind of work!” someone exclaimed in the echoing office. A guy was standing slightly trembling in from on the desk where the chair was back facing him.

“Bring it out and redo, or you can say goodbye to your beautiful office.” The person spun around. It ‘s a gorgeous young female named Park Soobin.

“Yes, Director Park.” The man bowed before scrambling out of the office.

Soobin has been working in her father’s company from the 3rd year. She came into her current position by hard work, starting with a low position before climbing up slowly. Everyone respected her because she really did her work well and never liked help from her father.

“Good morning Ms. Park. The CEO is looking for you.” A lady said before Soobin stood up and walked to her father’s office.

“You’re looking for me father?” She said as she stepped in. Her father offered her to take a seat.

“From next month onwards, I’m sending you to Korea to be the CEO at the Korea branch. There’s no bargaining on this. Your Mother has agreed and she’s going with you. I believe you can do well, so don’t fail me.” He said.

Soobin left the office after that and went home to pack her things.

Soobin’s POV

Why is Appa sending me to Korea? I don’t know if I’m ready to go back. I know it’s been seven years, but some things that are mean to be cannot be forgotten.

I got into my car and drove straight home. I guess Appa’s words cannot be thought of as nothing. At home and in the office, Appa and I have different relationships. Even though I still call him Father in the office, we’re just mere boss and subordinate.

“Omma. Do we really have to go back to Korea?” I asked as I stepped into the house.

“Yes dear. It’s our home after all. Going there also gives you another chance to prove yourself worthy of the CEO position in the company.” Omma said as she walked into the kitchen. What she said was true, but I’m still hesitating, but I know by hook or by crook, when next month comes, I’ll be on my way to Korea.

 I was right, because now, I’m already on the plane and next month hasn’t even arrived yet. Appa said there’s emergency matters to attend to attend to and since I’m the new CEO there, I’m suppose to go resolve it.

“Aren’t you happy we’re going back? You’ll meet your friends again. Don’t you miss them?” Omma asked.

“I do, but there are just some things which I don’t want to face at the moment.”I said and Omma knows what I mean because when we arrived in America 7 years ago, I told her everything. She was quite annoyed at me for telling her this after we left Korea, but there isn’t anything we could do then. It was already behind us.

The plane ride was long and I think when we reach Korea, I’ll suffer from Minor jet lag again. Because when we left America, it was in the morning, so when we reach Korea it’s still morning. However, because we got to sleep in the plane, we weren’t feeling that bad when we got to Korea.

“How I’ve missed Korea.” Omma said as we walked out of the Arrival gates. What shocked me the most was when we got out, I saw Driver Ahjusshi!

“Ahjusshi!” I called out as he bowed to Omma and I 90 degree.

“Welcome back.” He said as he helped us with our things. Omma said we’re going to be staying at the house we stayed in 7 years ago. I was wondering if Haemin would still be living there, or would she have been married, perhaps to Eunhyuk?

When I got out of the car, I realised that the house looked exactly the same. Now then I’ve realised how much I’ve actually missed this place.

“OMO!” I heard someone exclaim and I looked to my left to see someone of my age in a business suit walk out of the house.

“Soobin?” She said and I know who she is. The beauty in front of me is my best friend, Kim Haemin.

“HAEMIN!” I exclaimed and we got into a hug.

“I’ve missed you!” She said as we pulled apart.

“How have you been doing?” I asked.

“I’m doing alright. I’m getting married. I was about to send you the invitation, but I’m already seeing you here! I was still afraid you wouldn’t be able to make it.” She said.

“To who? Eunhyuk?” I asked and she nodded shyly.

“Congratulations. I’ll see you at night then. You seem to be going to work.” I said and she left in a hurry as if she was late.

When I got into the house, it looked exactly the same and what’s more, it’s clean as it used to be. It just reminds me of the days 7 years ago.

I walked into my room to find it the way as I left it. Taking out a box of chocolate from my bag, I place it on my table. I am suddenly reminded of Donghae. The other day, he bought me one box after seeing my own supplies were running low. I couldn’t help but smile at those beautiful memories.

I started unpacking my luggage, wanting to change into something formal, but I got interrupted by Omma.

“Don’t forget to go to the hospital for a check up. You have been having gastric cramps too often. It’s your Appa’s orders.” Omma reminded me. I almost forgot about it. I had wanted to head to the office after resting for a while, but I guess it has to be postponed till tomorrow.

However, after thinking of a while, I realised I could still go back to the office since going to the doctor won’t take that long. At most it’ll take me 3 hours and I can make a trip down to the office in the afternoon.

I changed out of my casual jeans and tee shirt into a more formal wear since I might be heading down to the office.

“Don’t tell me you’re still thinking of going to the office?” Omma said.

“I’m just going to take a look. There’s no harm done Omma. I’ll be home for dinner. Don’t worry.” I said and left for the car. I then reminded myself I need to get a driving licence in Korea too.

I took the car to the hospital before waiting for it to be my turn. However, it’ll be a long wait since it was around 20 numbers away from mine. I think it might take at least 2 hours.

Finally the bell buzzed and it was finally my turn. It showed me to head to room number 7.A nurse lead the way there and I stopped at the door. I looked at the door plate. Dr. Lee Donghae. It can’t be the same person I know. He’s supposed to success Dong-Jung corp from his father. He’s the only successor, so it’s impossible for him to be here being a doctor.

I knocked the door twice before opening the door. I saw the doctor with his head down, scribbling on the board which seems like the previous patient’s records. He passed the nurse the file before she passed him another one which I presume is mine.

“You can leave now Nurse Han.” He told the nurse before she stepped out. Why did the voice sound so familiar like I’ve heard it somewhere before? I tried to look at the doctor’s face, but the sunlight was too glaring, so I could only see his face in the shadows.

When the door closed, the doctor spoke up.

“I’m Doctor Lee. What can I help you with, Ms. Park...” He looked up at me and I got a shock as well. It was the exact same person which I was trying to not meet at all. Why is fate so cruel to play such a joke on me?

End of Soobin’s POV