Drunk

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

The entire day, I was with Donghae. We walked around the vicinity of the hotel and there wasn’t that many people now and I guess the rate of getting lost would be lower.

Donghae gave Ms. Shi a call before dinner asking if she would be joining us. She said she’ll be having dinner with her friends so she asked us to go ahead.

“What would you like for dinner?” Donghae asked me.

“Let’s eat sushi.” I said and We went into the nearest sushi place. It looks expensive to me.

When the bill came, it was a lot of numbers, but Donghae seemed to not really care about how much it was. He just paid.

“How much is it?” I asked.

“I’m not letting you pay even if I tell you how much it is.” He said and I guess all Korean guys are so egoistic.

The night, we had an early night since we have to preserve all our energy for the grand championship tomorrow.

The next day, we all woke up early to get ready. Ms. Shi helped us with the makeup. We did it all at the hotel so when we got to the venue, all we needed to do was change.

Time was somehow slow yet fast. The moment when I looked at the clock, each second seems to be moving really slowly. However, now Donghae and I are already getting ready to perform.

“Now ladies and gentleman, representatives from Chungnam high, Korea!” It’s our cue to step to the middle of the stage.

This time, there was no audiences at all. There’s only 6 judges in the middle of the hall. I got into place and waited for the music to start.

When the music started, I felt myself going into another world. The world of music. I felt so free and alive. I know I was on stage with Donghae, but both worlds seem like reality. I opened my eyes to meet Donghae’s eyes and this was it. The final move.

The moment from the start of the music till then end of the music seems like a split second. We took a bow and stepped back stage. Ms. Shi hugged the both of us and I know we did it. Even if we didn’t win, I know we’ve already did our best.

Waiting in our changing room, I couldn’t help but feel tired. After today, it’s all over. The intense dance practice, staying till late at night, dancing all day, this would all come to an end after today.

After what seemed like hours, we’re all gathered on stage to announce the winner.

“1st runner up, CHUNGNAM HIGH KOREA!”

“Oh I’m fine in Japan. Your Omma seems nice. It was a shame I couldn’t be a good host the other day since I have my own guest.” It was Jaejoong.

“We’ll talk when I’m back in Korea. Long distance calls are expensive. Bye!” I said and hung up.

 “Who’s that?” Donghae asked and I could tell he wasn’t happy. He knew who it is.

“Jaejoong. Why?” He just stared at me before walking off. He’s really weird these days. I just cannot put my finger to it. He’s just not himself.

We had one more day in Japan before returning to Korea. As usual, Ms. Shi excused herself and there was only Donghae ad I left. We walked around the streets and did some shopping for friends and family.

“Yoboseyo.” Donghae’s phone rang.

“Ah. Omma?!” Why does he sound so shocked? It was then continued with um and ahs.

After the call, Donghae seemed to be more depressed than before. Did something happen?

The whole day, he was quiet so it was really awkward especially dinner since we’re trying to avert each other eyes while sitting opposite each other.

When we got back to the hotel, he finally spoke up, but he pissed me off.

“Don’t get so close to Jaejoong.” He said as the both of s sat in the living room.

“Why? Just because he’s your enemy? He’s your enemy not mine.” I said and he glared at me.

“You don’t know what kind of person he is. “

“At least I know one thing, he’s nice.” I wanted to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

“Do you… Like him?”I didn’t know what I was saying at that time since I was so angry.

“I do. Why?” With that, I flung his grip away and stormed back into my room, slamming the door shut.

The next day, we were really awkward. Who won’t be after that kind of talk. Ms. Shi realized it so she broke the silence but made us sit together again on the plane. When the plane took off, the both of us plugged in our ear phones straight away and went to sleep, trying to ignore each other’s presence.

I was glad when we’ve reached to Korea. At least this awkwardness would end.

“Omma!” I gave her a hug and Ms. Shi nodded at her in acknowledgement.

“Donghae ah, did you have fun?” Omma asked and I saw him looking at me before turning his gaze to Omma.

“I had fun Omoni. From today on, I won’t be staying at your house. My Omma has came back to take care of me, so I’ll be moving back.” Donghae said and I got a shock. Was this what it was all about? He was upset that day because of this? Was it so bad to move back to his own home?

“Help me say Hello to your Omma. I’ll pay you a visit when I’m free.” Omma said before Donghae bowed and walk out of the airport. This is the first time I have seen his back view. Somehow, it showed me that he was someone who needs love and concern.

“Omma, don’t you think Donghae likes staying in our house because of you?” I asked her as we walked towards our car.

“Because of me? Why is it because of me?”

“You gave him the family love he can never experience.”

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

“When you return from your so called dance competition, Your Omma will be back to supervise you and your studies. We let you have too much freedom for too long. Now we have to make sure you’ll attain good results so as to not disgrace us.”

Appa words repeated in my mind. Was I really such a disobedient child in his eyes? Did he hate me this much?

“Young master, are you alright?” Driver Kim asked.

“I’m alright.” In the whole house, I felt only driver Kim knows me. He knows how I’m feeling.

“I’m back.”I said and heard my voice echo in the house. I thought Omma was supposed to be home? I took off my shoes and went into my room with my luggage. I opened te door to find Omma sitting in my room.

“Sit.” She said and stared at me.

“You know why I’m here right?” I nodded my head.

“Good, so from now onwards, study hard and don’t disappoint me. Your timetable is pinned on your table. Other than school, dance practice and your classmate’s place for English, you’re not to go anywhere.”With that, she closed the door behind her.

Leaving my bags where they were, I looked at the time table Omma talked about. There’s specific time for me to do every subject. Every day I was given a time to go to Soobin’s place, but after that, it’ time for other subjects. The only free time I have was to eat shower and sleep.

Omma said for the holidays, I was allowed to do any subject at any point of time, but when school starts, the timetable will be put to use.

For the next few days, I stayed at home to do my own studying. I didn’t know why, but I didn’t want to go over to Soobin’s place. After she admitted she liked Jaejoong, I didn’t know why but my heart hurts. It hurt so bad, so bad that I would clutch my chest and feel like crying.

“Young master, where are you going? Let me drive you.” Driver kim said as he followed me all the way out of the mansion.

“There’s no need. I want to have sometime alone.” I said before walking on. For the past few days, I studied from dawn to dusk, but nothing was going into my mind. I felt like I was going to die. I guess I really like Soobin. I’m so much in love with her to the extent that nothing seems to be right now. Even when the sun shines, it seems like there’s rain, spoiling the day for everyone.

“One vodka lime.” I told the bartender.

“Hey Donghae, haven’t seen you for some time already.” He said as he settled my drink on the counter.

“How have you been doing?” Dongjoo is a friend of mine. I’ll always come here when I’m really troubled.

“Seems like you’re troubled again.” He said. Even though I always come here when I’m troubled, I never tell him my problems. Even this time, I cannot tell him, because this is my problem. I need to solve this alone.

Cup after cup, advise after advise, I didn’t know what I was doing anymore. I know I’m drunk, but I didn’t want to go home. I don’t want to go back to that prison like home. Why can’t Omma be like everyone elses Omma, why isn’t she caring, gentle and understanding? Why does she and Appa always treat me like I’m some kind of Pest? I guess this is why Noona left home. I gave a dry laugh and I saw Dongjoo looking at me worried.

“Bro, your problem seem really bad this time.” He said.

“It’s not bad. It’s horrible. So horrible that I just want to drown myself in alcohol!” I said and I felt him snatching my cup away from me.

“Donghae! Stop drinking!”

“Give it back! Or I’ll ensure you’ll never see me here again, because you’ll be fired you hear me!” He gave me back the glass before walking off. Another bartender came and continued giving me drinks. By no time, I was unconscious.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

It’s 11pm and my phone rang. Who could it be at this time, I was going to bed already. I went to y phone and saw the name Donghae. I haven’t seen or heard from him after the Japan trip. Omma kept asking me about him, but I cannot be bothered about him.

“Hello?” I answered as I pulled my hair off my face.

“You are?” I heard an unfamiliar voice. I looked at my phone to ensure I wasn’t dreaming.

“I’m Soobin, friend of the phone’s owner. May I know who are you?” I asked.

“I’m calling to ask you to fetch your friend because he’s drunk in our bar and we’re closing soon. You’re on his speed dial number 1 so I called you. I hope you can come down as soon as possible. The bar is located at XXX.” He said before hanging up.

“Yah…” I wanted to reject, but it was too late.

“Urgh!” I groaned before changing out of my pajamas.

“Where are you going at this time?” Omma asked as she saw me walking out of my room, all dressed.

“I’m going to pick a bastard and get him out of trouble.” I trotted down the stairs before slamming the door behind me. Before the door closed, I heard Omma ask who, but she was too late.

“Miss Park, Where are you going at this time?” Driver Ahjusshi asked.

“Bring me to XXX” I said and got into the car.

“Sorry Ahjusshi, troubling you at this time.”

“It’s alright. It’s my job.” He said.

When we got there, I saw a guy waiting outside.

“Are you Miss Soobin?” He asked and I nodded my head. He asked me to follow him and I did. He led me to a figure laying on the bar counter. I walked closer to it to realize that it’s Donghae. Why is he so drunk? I poked him and there’s no reaction.

“We tried waking him up, but he won’t budge.” The man said and I sighed.

“Help me carry him.” I said as the both of us supported Donghae into the car. I gave the guy a tip.

“Thank you Miss Soobin. This mister is so lucky to have such a nice girl friend.” Yet again, we’re being mnisunderstood. I smiled at him before closing the door.

“Yah! Where do you live?” I nudged him, but all he did was fall onto my lap.

“Yah!” I nudged him again, but he didn’t move at all.

“Miss Park, I think you should bring him home.” That’s all we could do for now. He’s such a troublesome fellow.

End of Soobin’s POV