Tension

Different dreams

 

Donghae’s POV

Ever since I ‘Moved in’ I felt like this place was more like home. Soobin’s Omma treated me real nice just like her own son. However, I know that ever since I came to live with them, I have been bringing a lot of problems to Soobin.

“Omma, ever since Donghae came to live with us, you always cook his favourite food! What about mine?” She whined. I felt really bad because Soobin’s Oma has been cooking traditional Korean food for every meal and Soobin’s not really fond of them. Because of me, she has to accommodate.

“Why don’t we go out for desert after dinner?” I suggested and I saw Soobin’s eyes lit up before we all started eating.

Soobin’s Omma said she didn’t want to tag along and ruin our youngster moment, so Soobin and I left the house.

“The night is really nice.” Soobin said as she opened her arms, welcoming the cool night breeze.

“Yeah.” I said before we walked in silence. I had my hands in my pocket, debating with myself if I should take it out. I was about to when I realised Soobin was walking to the road with her eyes closed and there’s an oncoming car heading towards her. I pulled her back, causing her to widen her eyes in shock before seeing the car past before her eyes.

“I guess you like to close your eyes while crossing the road.” I said.

“It’s a bad habit. Thanks anyway. If not for you, the other time I would have been seriously injured. If I’m unlucky, I would have died.” She said before we continued walking. There was a nice little café down the street which I’ve always passed and I have always want to go in and thry their pastries.

“Welcome!” The staff greeted us before leading us to a table and giving us a menu.

“I’ll like a chocolate mousse cake and a cup of hot chocolate.” Soobin said before the waitress took her order.

“I’ll have a new York cheese cake and a cup of Americano without sugar.” I said before passing the waitress back the menu.

“Coffee at this time of night?” She looked at me puzzled but I could see a tinge of worry somehow. Maybe I was just imagining things.

“I was thinking of revision before sleeping so this would make me awake.” I said

“Don’t stay up too late. We have school tomorrow and dance practice. Ms. Shi is starting to catch all our weakness tomorrow and I doubt training would be easy.”

“It won’t be. Ms. Shi is known to be very strict and she would want you to perfect the move before you can leave. So we’re down for tedious training.”

I was quite happy since Soobin and I had started being closer. She wasn’t avoiding me like before and we’re more comfortable with each other’s presence. After desert, she ordered a take away for her mum.

“Your mum like Apple crumble?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“The apple crumble she makes are awesome too. You should try one day.” Even though I’m not someone who likes to eat things made of flour, having it with her makes me forget it all.

“Omma, We’re back and we bought you apple crumble.” She ran into the kitchen as I walked behind her.

When her Omma ate it, Soobin and I went back to studying.

“Are you confident for tomorrow’s English test, Ms. Hwang say she expects to see an improvement.” Soobin said and now I’m feeling stress. Normally the night before an English test, I would just ignorte it and head to bed, knowing I would flunk it anyway. However now, I was afraid that if I don’t do well, I’ll have to get another teacher and I don’t want that.

“Don’t stay up too late. I’m going to do my work now. Knock on the door if you have anything to ask me.” She said before packing her stuff before heading back to her room.

I flipped open my book and started reading. Even though I understood some of it, the others still didn’t make sense to me. After a while, I gave up on reading and moved on to doing questions instead. After finishing the first practice, I checked with the answer and got a shock that I had actually passed. Even though it’s on the dot pass, but I have never passed English before and this is a good start.

I kept doing and doing till I fell asleep. The next morning when I woke up, I found a blanket around me and realized it was close to the time where I normally wake up, so I got up and get ready for school.

“Ok class, Books away.”

I was so nervous. I don’t know if I could score or not. When the papers came, I did my best and was one of the last few to hand in my papers.

“So how was the test?” Soobin asked while the both of us did warm ups before practice.

“I hope I can score well.” I said.

“You will. Trust me.” She said before getting up.

Practise was normal as Ms. Shi said that we’re getting better and better each time. She said that we can really coordinate really well. During times where she changed the move, the both of us would be able to change into it really quickly.

“The competition is next week. So on that day, the both of you would get special permission from the school. Bring back the honor for the school.” Ms. Shi said before leaving.

“Do you think we would win?” Soobin asked as we walked.

“We must believe in ourselves.” I said.

Soobin’s Omma made Tomato pasta today for dinner. I’m really not a very flour person, so I didn’t eat much.

“Donghae, why are you eating so little today, is it too much flour for you? Ahjumma make you some kimbap?” She offered but I shook my head.

“No thank you ahjumma. I just don’t have the appetite.” I said before I went to the study room to rest. It’s not that I have no appetite, but it’s because all those flour made me feel like something’s stuck in my body.

“Here.” Soobin passed me a bottle of orange juice.

“We’ll take a break from studying today since I doubt you have work to ask me. Why don’t we just use this time to do work of other subjects?” She said and that’s what we did.

The week passed by really quickly and it was already the weekend. I was lazying around  in my own house and I was really bored.

“Soobin ah, want to go to noraebang with me?” I asked and she agreed.

We had loads of fun. I also found out that she has a great voice. We sang a few duets together and we sound great. Maybe I think we sound great because I like her.

I had finally admitted to myself that I like her. I feel that as everyday go by, I find more things to like about her and it makes me grow fonder of her.

“What are you thinking about?” She snapped me out of my thought as we walked to her place.

“Nothing.” I smiled and shook my head.

“Omma ask you to come over. She say she has something for you.” Soobin said and we made our way to her place.

“Have a try.” Soobin’s Omma placed a slice of apple crumble in front of me and boy, it smells really good.

“It’s really good!” I took a bite of it and I thought I was in heaven.

“I told you Omma’s Apple crumble is the best.” She gave me a thumbs up and I just laughed.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

Time seems to fly now. It’s already my 3rd month in school. I’m starting to get really attached to the school and the people here. The mornings where people would greet you and how teachers would remember your names.

I know if I were to leave when this year were to end, I’ll definitely miss Haemin and Eunhyuk. That’s for sure, but what’s weird is that I feel that I might miss Donghae too and not to forget Jaejoong.

After not hearing from Jaejoong for a while, I started to get a little worried. Was he hurt again, was he getting ambushed alone again? There were times when I tried calling him, but it was always directed to his voice mail. Sometimes, I don’t know why I’m feeling this way.

Donghae on the other hand has started being really really nice to me after the school tip. I know he’s guilty, but I’m over it now. However, when he disappears for a day or two, I’ll feel really awkward, like something’s wrong with my life.

“Why are you in a daze?” Omma asked and it shocked me.

“nothing.” I said as she took a seat beside me.

“Missing Donghae already?” She grinned.

“No, I’m not.” Donghae had went home to stay for a few days. It really feels weird without him in the house though. It was noiser during dinner and there were chances of getting desert.

“Just to tell you, Omma’s friend, Mrs. Kim is coming with her son tomorrow. Just telling you since you’ll be home.”

“Oh. Donghae’s coming for tuition so I’ll be home.” I said before heading to my room. I’m so tired. Having nothing to do is making me more tired rather.

After school, Donghae and I stayed back for a little to practice for our couple dance. After around an hour or two, we headed to my place to do the tuition.

“Omma! We’re… OMO! Jaejoong!” I exclaimed. Why was he in my house?

“You know each other?” Omma ased and I nodded my head. Suddenly, I remember the thing between Jaejoong and Donghae, so immediately, I dragged Donghae upstairs and started tutition, however, Omma had to ruin it and asked us to come down.

I could totally feel the tension between the both of them. It was like they were sending daggers towards each together through their eyes.

“Omma, we have a lot of things to do. Another day alright? I’m sorry Mrs. Kim.” I said and she smiled before Donghae and I left.

“Why is he at your place?” He was going mad again. I though this day would never come back.

“I don’t know. His mother is Omma’s friend.” I said and he sat down on the chair, panting very badly.

“Do you like him?” Why was he asking this?

“I like him as a friend. I know you don’t like him but, I have my own freedom to make my own friends.”

“I didn’t say you can’t, but all I’m saying is that he isn’t who he seem he is, so you’d better be careful.” He looked at me sincerely.

“Alright alright. I’m not a kid. You make it sound like I’m going to get fooled by him.” I laughed, but he kept a straight face, causing me to stop laughing.

After Donghae left, Omma asked me what’s wrong since I think she felt the tension too. I told Omma they’re enemies and hated each other. I didn’t tell her more since it’s not good for her to know too much details.

I have always wondered what had actually happened between both of them. It’s such an interesting thing why would Donghae tell me to beware of Jaejoong and Jaejoong would tell me the same thing about Donghae.

I think I should ask after the dance competition since now it’s not a good time to offend Donghae and break our trust. I just kept mum till the competition is over. However, I always felt like asking whenever I see him.

“The competition is tomorrow. The both of you get more rest. We’ll stop here for today. Sleep early today. Don’t over work yourselves. “

This is just the beginning…

End of Soobin’s POV