Friends

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

As I met Donghae’s eyes, I know it’s the wrong thing to do for the first meeting of the day.

“Hello Mr. Park. This must be your wife and your lovely daughter you have mentioned to me about.” Mr. Lee said as he greeted us and motioned us to take a seat.

“Why don’t ms. Park take a seat beside Donghae, the both of you are of the same age so you would be able to get to know each other really quickly.” Mr. Lee said so I took the seat beside Donghae. Donghae stood up to pull out the chair for me like what every gentleman would do.  Got a shock at first, but took a seat after realizing what kind of place I’m at.

“Sorry miss!” Donghae called out for the lady. I wasn’t really able to heard what he said to the lady, but the lady say she will be back with it shortly.

“You have a really lovely wife.” Mr. Lee said as Omma smiled warmly at him.

“You’re wife is lovely too. I heard she’s one of the top few female which Korea idolize. That’s not easy to obtain.” Appa said and I could see Mrs. Lee blush a little.

“You are too kind. I’m really sorry my daughter couldn’t attend today. She’s busy with work.” Mrs. Lee explained.

“It’s alright. Out in the society, you’ll be busy most of the time.” Then every one of them laughed other than Donghae and I. I don’t get what was so funny about that.

Soon after, a waitress came in with a blanket.

“Thank you.” Donghae thanked her as he placed it on my lap.

“Don’t catch a cold.” He smiled before returning to his original posture.

“I didn’t know He’s your son. He comes to our place for peer tutoring.” Omma said and Mr. Lee looked at her in shock.

“So The peer tutoring he talked about is with our family? What a coincidence. I must thank your daughter for being so patient with my son. He’s a rebel at times.” Mr. Lee aid as he looked at Omma.

Donghae kept quiet most of the time. When the food came, he took some before putting on my plate. He ate in silence. Since I found ti really awkward, I started talking to him, talking about random things.

“Your daughter is a really nice girl. They look like they get along really well too. I wouldn’t mind a daughter in law like her.” Mr. Lee said and both Donghae and I turned to look at him in shock.

“Your Son is a really sweet boy too. He’ll be a perfect son in law.” Omma smiled.

“Omma!” I said as she glared at me, asking me to keep Quiet.

“She’s a little shy.” Omma said and the adults just laughed again.

“I’ll be excused. I said before standing up to head to the wash room. Taking a turn to the left, I walked up to the hotel’s view bay instead. I’ve always heard the view is beautiful, so I wanted to take a look.

It’s a really chilly night, but I would rather be here than be downstairs listening to them talking about who they want as their daughter or son in law. I leaned against the railing as I looked at the magnificent night view ahead.

After standing there for a while, it started to get really cold. I rubbed my palms together and I felt something warm on my shoulder. I turned to see Donghae behind me.

“You’ll catch a cold like this.” He said before standing beside me.

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“The same reason as why you’re here.” He smiled as he took a turn and look at the view.

“This view is really nice. Your father is a really successful man.” He said.

“Your father s successful as well.”

“Successful in career, but not in family.” I could see the bitter smile on his face.

I remembered the other time he said he was always alone and he felt alone. Maybe this is why he said his father is not successful in family.

“Your father is busy building a better home and life for you.” I said and he smiled.

“I don’t want a better home. All I want is a better family, better parents would remember my existence.” He was really sad. I could tell. Even though he was mean to me all those times, but deep inside, e has really deep secrets which he can’t tell anyone.

“You can come over. Omma and I would welcome you.” I didn’t know what  was saying. It was just coming out of my mouth by it’s own.

“Really?” He looked shocked.

“Really. Omma could talk to your parents about it. I think they will agree to it.” I said and he smiled before giving me a hug.

“Thank you.” I didn’t know such a small thing could make him so happy. Maybe this was why he ket coming over. He wants family warmth. Omma was always so nice to him. Perhaps he felt loved by Omma that’s why he likes coming over.

“Let’s head back. Our parents must be worried.” I said and we head back.

Mr. Lee had agreed to allow Donghae to stay over during occasion since it isn’t good to always leave him home alone. I could see Donghae smiling. Maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all.

“You’re happy now Omma? You get to see your so call son in law everyday.” I was being sarcastic.

“You’re willing to marry him?” Omma exclaimed in happiness. I was glad we were in the car already.

“Omma! I was being sarcastic!”

“Donghae is a really nice boy. Maybe you can consider.” Appa said. Now they were on the same boat. I don’t want to argue with them.

Appa left a few days later since he still has work in America. He promised to be back soon. We couldn’t bear to let him go but what can we do, he’s working for us to live better. I remembered what Donghae said. He doesn’t want a better home. He just want his parents to treat him better. Maybe having rich parents are not such good things after all. They’re never around you. To me, Omma and Appa are always with me and by my side, but for Donghae’s case, even seeing his parents wasn’t an easy task.

After Mr. Lee agreed on allowing Donghae stay at our place, the guest room has become his room and he was here every other day. Sometimes, I really regret why was I being so nice to him? He offended me before.

“ou can stay here as long as you like. I have promised your parents to take good care of you.” Omma said during dinner and looking at him, I think I’m going to die. It isn’t enough to see him in school. Ow I have to even see him at home.

However, Haemin wasn’t as excited as before when she saw him. Haemin knows what happened, but wasn’t angry at all. Even though Donghae stays at my place, he still goes to school in his car. It’ll be weird if we stepped out of the same car.

“Eunhyuk!” Haemin called out as She saw Eunhyuk walking out of the crowd. Ever since he joined the dance club, his reputation became better. No one was making fun of him anymore. Girls are starting to chase him around and he was a little afraid of it, so Haemin was always by his side.

“So how’s dance club?” I asked and he broke into a smile.

“I must really thank the both of you. Without your help, I think I will still be the nerd which everyone hates.” He said.

“Even though you’re not the nerd anymore, but you still look like one.” Haemin laughed and Eunhyuk started at her with hurt in his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I was just joking but you must really change your sense of style.”She said

“How?”

“We’ll help you. Right Soobin?” Haemin nudged me and I nodded my head.

“Of course. Let’s do it after school today. There’s no dance today right? It’s Wednesday.” I said.

“Don’t you have peer tutoring?” Eunhyuk said and I cursed myself why did I forget?

“Bring him along. Teach him on the way and he can help us too. His fashion sense should be good too.” I said and Haemin nodded, but Eunhyuk looked a little afraid.

“No worries. He won’t do anything to you anymore.” Haemin said before he heaved a sigh of relief.

When school ended, the 4 of us met at the school gate. Eunhyuk looked a little scared since he was standing behind Haemin who was the furthest from Donghae. We got into the car and Eunhyuk was perspiring like mad and the car was quite cold.

“Eunhyuk, are you alright? you’re perspiring.” Haemin said and all of us looked at him, but his eyes were fixed on Donghae. Donghae looked at me and I told him why he was acting this way.

“Don’t worry Eunhyuk, I won’t do anything to you. We can be friends. Friends?” He said as he extended his hands. Eunhyuk looked at Haemin before shaking his hand. Donghae smiled at him before Eunhyuk let go and stopped perspiring.

When we got to the mall, we had lunch before starting Eunhyuk’s make over. First we brought him to a optical shop and got him a few pairs of contact lenses.

“You should get rid of these. It’s making people not able to see your beautiful eyes!” Haemin said as the person taught Eunhyuk how to put on contact lenses.

Next we brought him to a saloon. His hair really needs some attention. It looks really not proportionate. 

“Cut a hair style that would suit him.” I told the stylist and he got to work.

Lastly, we bought him a lot of clothes which were mostly chosen by Donghae. Donghaes fashion sense was really good. The way he choose clothes for Eunhyuk is like a professional and when Eunhyuk wears them he looks awesome, no doubt.

“I can’t let you guys pay for all these. It’s too much!” Eunhyuk said as he kept trying to pay us back.

“This is what friends do.” I said, but he’s as stubborn as a mull.

“Treat us to dinner next time alright?” Haemin said and he finally stopped.

Donghae sent all of us home and he dropped off at my place, again.

“Thank you for today. Without you, we won’t be able to end so much earlier.” I said and he just smiled.

“It’s ok. I’ve learnt a lot of new things today.” He said before we headed in to smell the nice aroma of dinner.

“Let’s do some studying before having dinner alright?” I said and he nodded his head. We both changed into more comfortable clothings before starting to study. After around an hour, Omma came to call us down for dinner.

“Omma, ever since Donghae came to live with us, you always cook his favourite food! What about mine?” I whined since I wasn’t a big fan of rice and I couldn’t take really spicy food, dinner was always making me hungrier.

“Omoni, you don’t have to keep cooking my favourite food. We can have different varieties.” Donghae said.

“Didn’t you like these Soobin?” Omma said.

“I used to, but you made it almost every day and I’m already sick of it.” I said and pouted since I was really hungry.

“Why don’t we go out for desert after dinner?” Donghae suggest and my eyes lit up. I love desert.

“Only you can handle her.” Omma joked and I just stared at her before digging in. Somehow, I didn’t know why Donghae knows so much about me, but I just felt good when he knows me.

“Omma, We’ll bring some back for you!” I said before we left to get some nice desert!

End of Soobin’s POV