New

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

I was sitting restlessly in my office, twirling my pen in my hand. I looked out of my window and remembered what Omma told me yesterday.

Flash back

“Omma I’m home.” I came back from Haemin and Eunhyuk’s new house and found Omma sitting in the living room, waiting for me.

“Soobin-ah, sit down.” She looked at me before the smile on my face faded off and I sat down on the couch beside her.

“Does Donghae treat you well?” She asked me and I nodded my head. I know Omma knows that Donghae and I are on close terms. I’m glad she didn’t pry me about anything and allow us to advance on our own.

“If you love him, do treat him as well as how he treats you. Omma knows how he’s feeling and as a mother’s point of view, I can tell that he’s suffering on the inside. He doesn’t show you because he doesn’t want to add on to your burden.”

End of flashback

Are Omma’s word true? Is Donghae really feeling that way? For 7 years, he had been waiting for me and he put in so much effort in winning me over, but what have I done for him? All I know is that I made him suffer. Even though he made me suffer years back, it has became memories and it is all part of high school life. Who doesn’t get bullied during senior high?

However, I hurt him really deep. I treated him like a pest, a vermin in my life. He spent so much time and effort trying to make me change my impression of him.

“What are you thinking about?” I snapped out of my thoughts to find him in front of me, with a smile on his face. I didn’t say anything, but I just kept looking at his eyes. Those eyes are really filled with misery. Even though he’s smiling, his eyes show something different.

“Are you alright?” The smile turned upside down as he looked at me, not responding to him.

“Take a seat.” I said and he sat down on the chair in front of my table. His face was blank with what seemed like fear. I didn’t know how to ask the question. However, the longer I take, the more misery he’ll feel.

“Tell me how you really feel.” I said and his expression was still blank.

“How… I… really feel?” He stammered.

“Yes.” I said and he seemed really lost.

“I…” He couldn’t say anything. He kept looking around and fiddling with his fingers.

“Do you really think you are a burden to me?” I asked since he wasn’t able to tell me. He looked up at me in shock. I guess he must think how I must have know all this.

“I thought that if I show you what I think on the inside, you might find all of this a burden. I don’t want to end all this when it all started.” He said and I could see the tears star to brim in his eyes.

“Hae, If were really in a relationship, you wouldn’t hide anything. Tell me when you’re suffering on the inside, when you’re feeling lost and when you’re sad. This is what being together is all about. We’re suppose to share all the sorrows and joy. Don’t hide everything on the inside alright.” I said as I stood up and went over to take his hand.

When he stood up, I wiped away the tears that are threatening to fall.

“Let’s go. “ I said and I felt his grip on my hand tightening. I pulled out my phone and called driver Ahjusshi to come pick me.

“I drove here today.” He said softly.

“We’re going somewhere. Leave it here. We’ll come back for it later ok?” I said and he looked at me, trying to search for something.

I texted Driver Ahjusshi the location we’re going to. I want to give Donghae a surprise. It’s time for me to treat him well. He shouldn’t be the one giving in all the time.

“Where are we going?” He asked when we were in the car.

“You’ll see.” I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

After a while, I felt something on my head and I realized he’s asleep. He must really have been tired. I moved his head so he’ll lay on my shoulder. I looked at him and I realized how tired he looks. He must been having a lot of sleepless nights.

I look out of the window to see the sun setting slowly. Looking at our surrounding, I know we’re about there. This is somewhere I couldn’t forget for the past 7 years. I had thought it was nothing, but actually it meant everything to me.

“Miss, we’re here.” Driver Ahjusshi said and I nodded my head but I pointed to Donghae and Driver Ahjusshi understood.

“Hello, Sungmin, this is Soobin. Is it all settled? Thank you so much. I owe you one.” I answered the phone and when I hung up, Donghae moved and he woke up.

“Are we there yet?” He asked as he rubbed his eyes just like a little child.

“Yes we are.” I smiled as he returned the smile and looked out of the window to get a shock.

“This is…” He stopped rubbing and looked at me as I smiled and nodded my head.

He headed out of the car and looked at the entrance of none other than Lotte World.

The place was bustling with people, but most of them were leaving since it was now close to 7pm and the place is closing in no time.

“It’s so late already.” He said and I could see the obvious pout on his lips. I do admit that at times, he acts just like a child.

“Come on.” I grabbed his arm and pulled him in.

“Soobin ah! We can’t go in. They’re closing!” He exclaimed, but I already made arrangements.

When I got to the door, I told the person my name and he allowed me in. By then, Donghae had stopped struggling.

“Come on.” I said and walked to the end of the amusement park to the Ferris wheel.

There’s no queue this time round. Donghae and I got into the cabin and we waited till the Ferris wheel rose to the top.

While the Ferris wheel slowly rose to the top, I could feel Donghae staring at me.

“Is there something on my face?” I asked and he shook his head innocently. This is one of those moments where I found him the most loveable.

“Why are we here?” He asked as we were close to the top. He knows there is a special reason behind it because if not, why would I pick this place out of anywhere else?

“Because I want to start anew with you.” I said and his eyes widened in shock.

“Are you…” I saw tears b in his eyes. Are those tears of joy? His facial expression doesn’t make it seem so.

“What’s wrong?” I don’t know why was he about to cry. Did I say something wrong?

He didn’t answer me and buried his head in his arms with his head down and I hear soft sobbing coming from him. Did I say something or do something wrong? This wasn’t the outcome I wanted. I had thought he would be happy rather than sad.

“Donghae…” I said and went to sit beside him. I his back as he continued sobbing. Our Cabin is nearing the top. I placed my hand on his shoulder as he sat up and look at me with his tear stained face. At this time, I promised myself in my mind that I never want to see him in this state ever again.

Suddenly, he lunged at me, giving me a suffocating hug. I really felt like I couldn’t breathe at that time. However, something he said made me even forget about breathing.

“Don’t leave me. I don’t want to start a new. I don’t want you to leave my side. I cannot live without you.” He said through sobbing which were harder than before.

He was crying because he thought I was breaking up with him? The frown on my face as replaced with a smile. This boy of mind is really adorable. I pulled away from the hug to see tears streaming down his face with his eyes closed.

“Donghae, I’m not going anywhere. Even if I am, you’re coming with me.” I said and he open his eyes in confusion.

“When I said start a new, I wanted us to start this relationship again. I think we started on a bad note and I don’t want that. I want us to be happy from now on. There’ll only be happy memories.” I said and he nodded his head slowly.

I took his hand with a smile on my face and look out of the window where we could see Seoul. I felt his hands leave mine. I was about to turn to look at him when I felt a warm presence pressing on my back with arms around my waist. Everything feels so right now.

When the Ferris wheel slowly brought our cabin down to the ground, Donghae and I talked. This is the first time we’re having a real heart to heart talk. There are no lies no nothing. We’re being true and honest with each other.

“I was very jealous of Jaejoong when we’re in Senior high. You were always with him and when you’re with him, you’re so happy. But when you’re with me, you’ll always be angry or upset with me.” He said with his head down as I laughed.

“To be honest, before coming here with you 7 years ago, I already liked you, but I cannot let go of what happened before, so I decided to keep this feeling and if we’re fated to meet again, I’ll give it all out. It seems like the time is here.” I said and he smiled.

“I had always thought that in Senior high, you hated me. I was so guilty of what I did. I didn’t know why I did that. I think perhaps jealousy got the better of me.” He scratched the back of his head.

“It’s all in the past now. What we should do now is make sure we’ll live happily in the future.” I smiled and so did he. Just nice, we’ve reached the ground.

For the first time, I was able to walk with him hand in hand with a light heart. How I wish from the start we were like this. If only I wasn’t so stubborn and so selfish. Maybe he wouldn’t have suffered so much.

“You look tired. You weren’t able to rest well?” I asked him on the way home.

“I have been having slight insomnia for the past few years, but recently it got worst. After meeting you, I wasn’t able to sleep at all. At night, in my mind, images of you alongside Jaejoong would pop in my mind and I wasn’t able to shut those images away.” He said and I smiled.

“Are you able to sleep well now?” I asked and he nodded his head slowly before shaking it again.

“I don’t know.” He said.

“Why not sleep over at my place? Omma has been dying to have you stay over.” I said and he nodded his head in agreement.

“Donghae!” Omma exclaimed once she saw him. She gave him a warm hug as she pat his arms lovingly. Now she already treats him like family. I guess she really likes him.

“Omma, He’s staying over today.” I said and she looked at him with bright eyes and a very happy smile.

“Sorry for the inconvenience.” He bowed before she said it was alright and for me to brining him up to his room.

“Omma, I think he knows where it is.” I nudged him and he nodded his head.

“Still. Bring him there. He’s a guest after all.” She said and I nodded my head, bringing him upstairs.

I opened the door and he looked very amazed. Omma had always kept this room clean. No matter in the past or now. She had always wanted Donghae to come over and stay for occasions.

“I’ll be in my room if you need anything alright.” I smiled before giving him a peck on his cheeks and was about to leave when he pulled my wrist.

“Stay.”

End of Soobin’s POV