Results

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

When I turn around, I saw a guy in white suit standing behind me. Who is it? Because of the mask I can’t really tell who it is.

“You don’t recongise me?” The guy said and I knew who it is.

“Jaejoong. Even if I was dead I would recongise your voice.” I smiled and he took my hand before leading me to get drinks.

“Why are you here?” He asked as he took a sip of champagne.

“I’m here on a mission.” I said and I could tell that he was curious what’s this so called mission.

“Mission?”

“I’ll tell you later. Now I have to continue. Catch you later.” I placed my drink on the table as I continued looking for Donghae.

“The first dance where Dong-Jung’s young master would start would begin in 5 minutes. Guests please stay clear of the boundaries around the fountain. Thank you.” It was projected through the speakers and I know I don’t have much time left.

I was almost at the end of the room and I still don’t se Donghae. Maybe I should give up. Maybe we’re not meant to do the couple dance. I walked till the end and found someone leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket.

Walking towards him, he looked up noticing someone was walking towards him.

“I found you.” I said and I could see him smile.

“So would you trust me now?” I didn’t know what was I doing, but my head nodded on his own.

“Come on.” He lead me to the fountain before he passed my clutch to one of his attendants. He lead me to the centre of the room where the fountain was and the spotlight is now on us. He pulled me close as our bodies are plastered together and whispered into my ear.

“I thought you’d never find me.”

With that, the music started. It was as if we’d practiced for hours. Our moves were sleek and almost perfect. It wasn’t the dance we practiced during dance practice. It’s a dance with totally new steps and I’m quite surprised how good we were able to coordinate with each other. Perhaps we are really meant to do the couple dance together and I’m meant to trust him.

When the dance came to an end, we’ve got a big round of applause before others joined in. Donghae and I went to take a seat since I was quite tired from those crazy moves. It was then, Haemin came to us and started exclaiming again. I think she didn’t notice Donghae because after a while, her eyes widened in shock before she greeted Donghae.

“Have fun. I have to go attend to the guest. I’ll take my leave now.” It was then I realized that we had our hands together. Since when did he hold onto my hand? How come I haven’t realized it for one bit? It was a lucky thing that Haemin didn’t notice.

After hanging around for a while, I got tired and decided to leave. Seeing Donghae near us, I told him we’ll be going off.

“I’ll se you in school on Monday.” I said and he waved us goodbye before I called Driver Ahjusshi.

“Don’t you think Donghae Oppa looks cool in a suit?” Haemin asked in the car.

“I think you look nice in a dress.” I smiled and she rolled her eyes at me. The more she goes on, the more I know she’s totally in love with him.

When I got home, it was already 11.30pm. Omma was sitting in the living room waiting for me. When I got to her I realized she wasn’t watching the tv programme, but rather, she was Fast asleep. Turning off the television, I shook her lightly asking her to sleep in her room since it’s uncomfortable sleeping in the living room.

The next day, I had an appointment with Dr. Lee. I told her I’m feeling better since the dream is starting to disappear by itself and I’m not having any more trouble sleeping.

“It’s good progress, Soobin sshi. But I still advice you to come for treatment till you totally don’t dream of it anymore alright?” I nodded my head and went home.

Why is my life so boring? I have nothing to do now and it’s only 1pm! I was rolling round my bed for the past few minutes thinking of what interesting thing I can do. Suddenly, my phone rang. I stared at it with a huge smile before rushing to answer my phone, not caring who the caller is.

“Hello.”

“Hey Soobin, I’m Jaejoong. Want to catch a movie together?” He asked and now I’m over the moon. I finally have something to do!

“Sure. At XXX mall as usual?”

I changed my clothes and told Omma I’m going out and not coming home for dinner. When I was there, I saw Jaejoong waiting for me at Starbucks.

“So what are we watching?” I asked as he pulled out 2 tickets.

“Red riding hood.”

Oh how I’ve wanted to watch that movie. Jaejoong and I went to buy popcorn and drinks before entering the cinema.

“There wasn’t any more seats left so the lady offered me couple seats. I hope you don’t mind.” He explained and I shook my head before plopping down on my seat. For a last minute ticket, we have very good seats.

During the movie, there was a few kissing scenes and more and I think it’s really awkward all of a sudden.  Reached out for popcorn and accidentally touched his hand.

“Sorry.” I whispered and he just smiled before turning his head back to the screen.

The second time our hands touched, he grabbed onto mine. I looked at him and he looked me in the eyes. I could feel his head coming nearer to mine. What was he trying to do?

At this moment, the image of Donghae kissing me appeared in my mind. I pushed Jaejoong away and turned my head back to the screen. We are so going to be awkward.

When the movie ended, I left straight away, not noticing if Jaejoong followed me.

“Soobin!” I heard him call me and the sound of his running footsteps. He grabed my hand before spinning me around to face him.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know what got into me.” He apologised before I shook my head.

“It’s alright. Where do you want to go for dinner?” I asked as he said there’s a nice place down the street which serves very nice Kimchi jiggae.

After the meal, he brought me for desert at a rice cake shop. Their rice cakes were really very nice. As compared to the ones I had in America, this one is really awesome.

“I told you it’s nice.” He said as we made our way back to the mall. Driver Ahjusshi called me and said it’s time to head home since there’s school tomorrow.

“I enjoyed myself. Thank you.” I said before driver Ahjusshi drove off.

Suddenly Haemin’s voice appeared in my mind. ‘Don’t you think Jaejoong likes you?’ Was I just imagining things or is that sentence spinning in my mind non-stop?

Wait! Haemin wasn’t with us today. Why didn’t he invite Haemin? Maybe she’s busy? I kept convincing myself that Haemin’s really busy. This time, I received a SMS from Haemin.

‘So what have you been doing? I was rotting at home. –Haemin.’

Now I guess that reason doesn’t work anymore. Could it really be true? Especially after what he almost did in the cinema? Another thing was that why did the image of Donghae kissing me appear in my mind? Why him of all people?

The next day at school, those questions totally disappeared from my mind.

“Soobin sshi, could you meet me at my office after class?” Ms. Hwang said during homeroom and I felt that everyone’s attention was on me now.

“ok.” I said as she left her office. I could see people murmuring and looking at me. Don’t tell me I did something wrong and she’s going to like tell me about it then Omma would be there. I hope not.

The day dragged on real slowly and finally, the last bell of the day rang.

“You sure you’ll be alright?” Haemin asked me and I nodded.

“Help me tell Ms. Shi I will be slightly late.” I said and she rushed off to dance club with Eunhyuk.

I walked towards the teacher’s office and took a deep breathe before knocking on the door. I asked one of the teacher’s where’s Ms. Hwang and she pointed me to her how’s sitting back facing me.

“Oh Soobin sshi. Glad you made it. I called you here is to tell you that you’ve been appointed to being a peer teacher.”

“But Ms. Hwang, I…”

“Oh here comes your peer student.” She said and I turned around to see Donghae. He gave me a really awkward smile before standing next to me.

“Donghae sshi is really weak in english, so we thought that perhaps if he had a peer teacher, it would help him improve his grades since the university test is coming and he has to do well in English.” Ms. Hwang explained.

“As a peer teacher, Donghae sshi can look for you at anytime convenient for the both of you and you can sit down to teach him. I hope you won’t mind Soobin sshi, it’s for the best of your peer.” She looked at me. I can’t reject her either since it’s for the best of my peer.

“I’ll do it, Ms. Hwang. I’ll help Donghae sshi with his English.” I said and Ms. Hwang smiled before we left for Dance club.

“Won’t we be really busy?” I asked as both of s brisk walk to the dance studio.

“After Dance practice?” He suggested.

“Doesn’t the school close at 8? By the time we finish and change and shower, it’ll be close to 8. We won’t have time.” I said.

“How about your place? Since it’s near school and it won’t be dangerous for you to go home alone.” He suggest and I agreed. Its better than to be in his house and feel unsafe.

When we stepped in, Ms. Shi was already waiting for us. We apologised before quickly going to change into our dance attire and fall in before her.

“Alright. Now there’s only 2 pairs of you left. The challenge for today is simple. It will prove who’d be suitable to represent us. Both of you will have to do a couple dance on the spot. There’s no time for discussion or anything. All you do is step into the room where I will grade you accordingly. Starting off with Donghae and Soobin. Eunjung, you come in as well.”

Donghae and I stepped into the empty dance studio where Eunjung got blindfolded. When the music started, both of us seemed to be as one as every move I’m thinking of would occur to him as well. There was no mistakes, no wrong move and no wrong steps. It’s like we’ve rehearsed it before.

When our turn was over, Ms Shi asked us to bring Taemin in before stepping outside. When we were outside, we both kept quiet till we heard the faint sound of music end and out came a disappointed looking Taemin who asked us to join them inside.

“I guess without much saying, you guys should know who the best pair is.” Ms. Shi said.

Am I missing out on something? I looked left and right to seeing a Donghae as confused as I am while Eunjung and Taemin were both looking down.

“Congratulations Soobin and Donghae, Both of you made it.” She smiled at us before we looked at her in shock before breaking into a smile. I jumped in joy before turning to Donghae and was about to hug him before stepping back and changing back into my neutral expression and he did the same.

“Congratulations. The both of you deserve it.” Taemin said with a forced smile on his face.

“Don’t worry. Since the both of you are second best, both of you would get a chance to do a solo part in the group dance.” Ms. Shi said before both of them broke into a smile as well.

“So the both of you will receive more intense training from me starting from tomorrow, so go home and rest today. You’ll need to energy.” She smiled before we took our bags and greeted her goodbye.

“Do you think you regret now?” He smiled at me and I shrugged. I don’t really know if I really will regret it or not…

End of Soobin’s POV