Feelings

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

“Soobin ah! I can’t go home with you today! Sorry!” Eunhyuk told me during lunch and I had wanted to call driver ahjusshi to pick me up by after thinking for a while, I could go home on my own. I wasn’t a kid anymore. I can take care of myself.

“See you tomorrow!” I waved to Haemin as she left for dance practice. There’s no news from the club but it had only been a day. I left school and plugged in my ear piece as I walked down the pavement home.

The weather is really nice since there is a light breeze and the sun wasn’t scorching hot. I closed my eyes and walked but what I didn’t realize that I’m at the road and a car was coming towards me.

The next thing I know, I was being pushed and I fell on something which isn’t the floor. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Donghae. Immediately, I pushed him away and stood up. I looked at him for 3 seconds before walking off quickly. However, I could still feel his presence behind me.

“What are you doing?” I spun around and ask him as I took out my earphones.

“er…. I’m…” He was looking for words but I know he was just making up some excuse.

“Stop following me then.” I said and continued walking however, I still felt him behind me. I stop and spun around. He stopped while I continued walking, fixing my eyes on him. When I looked to the front again, he ran a little before walking. What is he up to?

When I walked down the path on my porch, I saw him standing under the tree at the fence which divides my house from the neighbours.

For the next few days, it was the same thing. Eunhyuk couldn’t go home with me while Haemin had practice. I know Donghae has been following me around but why? Doesn’t he have to go to the dance practices?

After a few days, I got used to his presence and allowed him to just follow me. No matter what I do, he will just follow me.

Today, school ended and I walked out of school to find someone calling me. I saw a guy waving his hand and walked towards him.

“JAEJOONG!” I ran to him and he pulled me into a hug. I heard him stifle a chuckle before I feel myself getting pulled away. Looking at who it was, I realized it was Donghae. Jaejoong’s expression immediately darkened as the smile on his face got turned upside down.

“What are you doing here?” Donghae said in a very fierce voice.

“I’m here to meet my friend, is there a crime?” Jaejoong snapped back as he pulled me to his side.

“This is Chungnam high if you can read.” Donghae snapped at him as he pulled me back, but Jaejoong’s grip was firm.

“I can have friends wherever I like and it doesn’t concern you.” Jaejoong shouted and I realized there’s a group of students crowding around us, watching the ‘show’.

“Stop it! Both of you!” I flung my hand and both their grips loosened off my hand.

Now all eyes are on me. I stared at the both of them before walking away. In no time, both of them were beside me, one on each side like my bodyguards.

“Soobin ah, let’s hangout at the café. We haven’t met for a long time.” Jaejoong said and before I was about to answer, Donghae interrupted.

“She isn’t going anywhere with you.” And they started fighting again. When will this ever end?

“I’m going with Jaejoong. Donghae, Just go home.” I said and Jaejoong gave Donghae a smug face before we walked off.

“Don’t be so smug about it.” I said and the expression on Jaejoong’s face dropped, but regain to his normal nice expression.

Jaejoong and I sat at a café and had a nice chat. It seems like he’s really popular since we had group of girls sitting around us and all of them were eyeing him like he’s their prey. What’s more is that they were wearing his uniform.

He told me that actually we had met before that incident, but I had no recollection. He said I had stepped on his foot the other day on the bus and I remembered. He was the one who glared at me.

He sent me home and I saw Omma looking at us through the window. I know I just got myself into trouble. I was about to go explain when he pulled me into a hug, muttering something which I didn’t catch before waving goodbye.

When I got into the house, Omma had her hands on her waist and I know I have explaining to do.

“He’s just a friend Omma. The one I told you I saved the other day. “ I explained for the umpteenth time.

“I know but it’s better to stay clear of guys for now Soobin.” I know she’s doing it for my own good.

“Yes Omma.” I answered before she allowed me to head to shower and have dinner.

After dinner, I head back to my room to do my uncompleted homework before my phone rang and it’s from an unknown number. I hesitated before picking it up.

“Are you alright?” The person asked.

“Who are you?”

“Lee Donghae.”

“How did you get my number?”

“I have my ways. Seeing you’re alright I can relax. See you in school tomorrow then.” With that, he hung up.

How did he get my number? Did he ask it from Haemin? I don’t think Haemin would give it to him without my permission.

I texted Haemin and told her about Jaejoong and hinted to her about it but she said she didn’t give my number to anyone. That’s weird if she didn’t give it to him then how did he get it?

‘Want to catch a movie together tomorrow? –Jaejoong’

I agreed since I had nothing to do. Assuming he would ask Haemin, I told Omma I’ll be going out to catch a movie and she agreed.

The next day, Jaejoong waited for me outside school and when I walked towards him, I saw a lot of girl ogling at him. Is he really that handsome?

“Isn’t Haemin coming?” I asked him and he shook his head saying Haemin said she has dance practice. How can I forget that?

We went to catch Black swan and boy, it was disgusting.

“It was good isn’t it?” Jaejoong said with a smile and I looked at him in horror.

“It was… ok I guess.” His smile dropped.

“Oh I didn’t know you didn’t like this kind of movies. We should watch others next time then.” He said and I could tell he was flustered.

“It’s ok Jaejoong. No need to be so uptight.” I laughed as we went for dinner together.

He sent me home again, but this time, I ensure that we won’t get spotted by Omma.

The next day, I told Haemin about what happened and what came out from was ‘Don’t you think Jaejoong likes you?’ It can’t be. We’re just friends.

I went home alone again today. Actually it doesn’t consider to be alone since I have Donghae following behind me. Even though I didn’t really like it at first, but now I feel safer with him following me. I won’t be so jumpy when a cat jumps out of a bush or a sudden horn from the car on the road.

However, I cannot help but wonder doesn’t he have t go for dance practice? Haemin told me they have training almost every day because a competition is coming up so why isn’t he there at practice?

While I was doing my homework, my phone rang.

“Congratulations Soobin, You’re accepted into the dance club.”

When I hung up, I ran downstairs to tell Omma the good news. Omma was happy for me. I told her I wouldn’t be home early for the next few months since the caller told me all of us would be down for intensive training for the upcoming competition.

After dinner, I called Haemin to tell her the good news before calling Eunhyuk and he got accepted as well. If he wasn’t, there must be some corruption between the judges.

Our practice started next week so we have the week to get ready for the intensive training. I’m so excited.

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

I didn’t know why, but I started following Soobin home. I’m glad I did because she almost got knocked over by a car. I pushed her away and we landed in a very awkward position. When she realized it, she pushed me away before running off. I didn’t know why but I smiled.

When I saw Soobin and Jaejoong together, I thought Jaejoong was trying to hit on her, but I didn’t realize they were actually friends. When Soobin chose to go with Jaejoong, I didn’t know why but I felt a little hurt. It’s like she sent daggers at me.

The next day, I followed then as they went to watch the movies. I didn’t know why but I felt that I have to follow them. They went to watch black swan and I went as well. During the movie, I noticed Soobin kept turning to Jaejoong’s shoulder. Somehow, I felt a little angry. But why? After the movie, they went for dinner. I saw them laughing and enjoying themselves.  Soobin has never smiled at me in that way. From the start, I’ve only seen her being angry and upset. I left after that since II cannot help to see them being so happy anymore.

The next day at school, I heard Haemin talking to Soobin about Jaejoong and what made me curious was that Haemin had said that maybe Jaejoong likes her. The entire day, I kept thinking about it and didn’t focus during class. When school ended, I skipped dance practice again and went to follow Soobin. I had wanted to break the news that she had been accepted to the dance club, but I didn’t want to agitate her anymore, so I shall just let the person in charge of calling her do so.

On Friday, I followed Soobin home like usual, but this time, Jaejoong appeared half way and what angered me the most was that he had his arms round her waist. Were they so close to that extent? Were they dating? It can’t be. The other Day when Haemin told Soobin Jaejoong might like her, her reaction was so big, saying they are only friends. However, I was lost in my own thoughts and didn’t realize they had left.

I didn’t know why but seeing Soobin together with Jaejoong it makes me very uncomfortable. I had actually wanted to head back to school after seeing Soobin home safely, but now, I don’t have the mood to anymore. I headed home and when I stepped into the house, everyone bowed when they saw me, greeting me as ‘Young master’.

Before bed, I fiddled with my phone and stared at Soobin’s number. Should I cal her? But it’s so late already and she might snap at me. I left my phone on the bedside table and looked at my huge yet empty bedroom. Empty in a sense that there isn’t a feeling of being home. I feel like I’m living in a hotel instead.

“Soobin, can I have a word with you.” I asked as I could feel the whole school staring at us. She nodded her head slowly before following me.

“About bullying you, I apologise. I promise not to hurt Eunhyuk anymore.” I said and she looked at me with her eyes wide.

“Really?” She said.

“Really.” For the first time, she smiled at me. She’s really beautiful. How come I have never realize this before?

End of Donghae’s POV