Bliss

Different dreams

 

Donghae’s POV

I woke up with the sun glaring into my eyes. I looked around to find myself back in my own room. How did I get back? The last I’ve remembered was drinking at Eunhyuk’s wedding. Maybe Driver Kim brought me from there.

“You’re awake.” Omma said as she came in.

“Yeah.” I said as I sat up. Omma sat at the edge of the bed, looking at me like never before. She reached her hand out and touched my face.

“My son is such a good boy. You’ll find your happiness soon.” Omma said.

“Omma…” I said but she just smiled before asking me to go ahead and wash up. I didn’t know what made her say that, but I did as I was told before heading downstairs for breakfast with Omma.

However, when I got to the table, there was no one there other than a note on the table. On top of it, lay my phone. I picked up both the note and my phone.

‘I’m returning you your phone. I hope you know what to do with it. Don’t let me down. –Omma’

What did she mean? I don’t understand what’s happening around me these few days. I switched on my phone to find numerous miss calls and messages. However, none from the person I was expecting from. Is she really that angry with me? I really want to know what I did to make her so angry.

Throughout breakfast, I sat on the dining table alone, thinking of what I’ve done wrong. Pacing around the house for an hour, I’ve decided to go and look for her. I was about to ask Driver Kim to get ready, but I found him all ready waiting for me.

“Ms. Park’s mansion?” He asked before I could tell him and he drove off.

Throughout the journey, I was so nervous yet worried. For the past month, I’ve used so much effort to create a slight change in our relationship and now, it’s back to square one and I don’t even know what happened.

When we got to her house, I looked at it through the window. For the past 7 years, I’ve always passed by this house. This was how much I liked and missed her. During those 7 years was the most torturous period of my life. I would always ask driver Kim to drive past her place till it becomes a usual route for us. No matter where I went, He would definitely drive past her house.

“We’re here, Young master.” He said before I woke up from my trance. When I got out of the car, I realized I didn’t have anything. No flowers, no gifts, nothing. I was even dressed really sloppily. I was about to get back into the car to get a fruit basket or a bouquet of flowers when someone called my name.

“Donghae?” That familiar voice which I’ve missed for so long.

I spun around to find Soobin at her door, looking at me with shock, but she was smiling. I walked towards her as she opened the gate for me. I turn around to see Driver Kim driving off. I guess I could only step in now.

“Oh. Donghae! How have you been? I haven’t seen you around for so long!” Mrs. Park came over before excusing herself to go get something from the nearest supermarket. This means that only Soobin and I are left.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Soobin asked after a moment of silence.

“Um. Sure.” I said before she disappeared into the kitchen. Wasn’t she angry at me yesterday? Why does she act like she isn’t anymore?

She placed a cup of rice punch in front of me before we got back into awkward silence.

“Don’t you have anything to say?” she asked me. Don’t tell me she found out something she isn’t suppose to again and now she’s angry? Oh I am so screwed.

“You know why we’re always fighting? It’s because you never tell me what happens. After 7 years, it’s still the same!” She exclaimed and I saw her panting from anger.

“Soobin… I…”

“Why don’t you tell me? Why must I always hear things from others? Didn’t you say you love me? If you really do, you’ll tell me when you’re sick or when you’re down. You shouldn’t bear it all on your own.” She said and now I really don’t know what she is talking about.

“Driver Kim told me why you haven’t been coming the past few days.” She said.

So that’s what she’s talking about. “It’s nothing for you to worry.”

She looked at me, waiting for me to give her a proper answer. “Donghae, just tell me the truth. I want to hear it from you and not from anyone else.”

This Is the first time when I felt that she really cared for me. Normally, she seems like she doesn’t bother at all. It’s like she’s just trying to survive through the 6 months before telling our parents that she doesn’t want to get married to me.

“I wasn’t feeling well and my Omma had made me stay home. I wanted to look for you, but Omma locked me in. She knows how much I cannot leave you alone.” I said before her expression on her face untense.

“That wasn’t so hard was it?” She said with a smile.

“I’m sorry.” I said with my head down.

“Don’t apologise. I don’t ever want to hear you apologizing to me for nothing.” She said.

I looked up and hr found that she looked different, Not in looks, but something in her seems different, she doesn’t seem to hate me anymore. Is it really that or is she treating me nicer because currently I’m sick?

While thinking, I drank the rice punch and accidentally choked on it. Upon seeing it, Soobin sit beside me and passed me a piece of tissue before patting my back for me.

“Are you alright?” She asked as I continued coughing while nodding me head.

When my cough subsided, we both sat there in awkward silence. She looked at me, but I couldn’t look at her back. It feels really awkward. So I decided to start talking.

“Don’t you have to work today?” I asked since it was the early afternoon and she should be at work.

“I have a slight headache, so I’m staying at home to rest.” She said. It was then I realized she look slightly pale.

“Are you alright? You want me to leave so you can rest?” I asked as she shook her head.

“I’m alright. I ate medicine just now and went to visit the doctor. I’m fine.” She said and then I realized she had her hand on mine.

I looked at her to find her smiling warmly at me. I felt like the happiest man on earth. I brought her head to my shoulder, asking her to rest. She didn’t reject, but closed her eyes and rest. Was I dreaming? Is this real? I pinched myself and felt the pain and I know I’m not dreaming. She’s really here.

After a while, I felt her constant breathing and I know she’s sleeping. Her hands however, moved to my waist slowly and hugged it gently. How I wish time could stop here forever. I know that this would never happen again. I just want to keep this as a memory forever.

I looked down at her hand to find the ring I gave her was on her finger. I was really happy. I had always thought she would take it off or she wouldn’t wear it after a while, but seeing it on her finger now, it feels like the both of us are married and living together.

For the next few days, Soobin and I went to work and went home together. We spent most of our times together. We have lunch and Dinner together every day and our relationship became better and better. I was so afraid this is a dream, but I know it isn’t, because I feel the pain in my heart.

We walked side by side near the Han river, with our hands brushing against each other. She didn’t pull her hand away in discomfort, so I thought of holding her hand, but I keep hesitating.

She stopped suddenly, and turned to look at the river.

“Isn’t this sight beautiful?” She said as she leaned on the ledge.

“It is.” I said as she looked at me.

“Are you tired? You look really tired. We can go home if you are.” She looked at me, trying to find traces of me being tired.

“I’m fine. It’s just I hope that time can stop here. I want to be experiencing this all the time. “ I said as she looked at me. I couldn’t meet her eyes, so I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. However, she did something shocking. She took my hand.

“You don’t have to remember this moment, because I’ll always let you be this happy.” She said and I felt a smile crept up my face.

“Come on. Let’s go.” She said as we held hands and walked back to the car.

“Good night. Drive carefully ok.” She said as she got out of the car. She waved to me goodbye before walking into her house. This is the moment I hate the most, seeing her back view walking away from me. I’m afraid that after seeing her leave, I might never see her again. What if it happens tomorrow?

 I shook my head and told myself that that will never happen because all this happening is reality.

With that, I drove off, washing away the fears in my heart.

End of Donghae’ POV

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Do you think they will be alright?” Haemin asked me as we sat on the plane, waiting for take off.

“They’ll be alright. Believe them. I can tell both of them really like each other, but this is just the obstacles they’re facing. I can bet with you that when we’re back, they’ll be alright.” I assured her as she smiled.

We were on our way to Maldives for our honeymoon. Looking at her, I felt like I’m the luckiest man alive, because I’ve got such a lovely wife. Even though she has her flaws, but nobody’s perfect.

“What are you thinking about?” Haemin asked with her face really near mine.

“Thinking about how lovely to have you as mine.” I smiled my gummy smile.

“Narcissist Much!” She said before the both of us burst out laughing.

“I won’t regret having you as my wife.” I said.

“Neither would I regret marrying you, the nerd of senior high.” She said as she gave me a peck on my cheek.

“Yah! I don’t think anyone will believe you if you say I’m a nerd. See how Hot I am now!” I said and she laughed.

“Yes yes! My husband is the hottest man on earth. Happy?” She said before the seat belt sign was and the plane was taking off for real.

During the trip, Haemin fell asleep as soon as the plane got off land. She can really sleep anywhere and everywhere, but seeing her sleeping face makes me really calm.

“Can I have a blanket?” I ask the stewardess before she smiled brightly at me and got me one. After passing it to me, she stopped there for a second before walking off. Was she checking me out? I asked myself as I chuckled. I guess I really am hot after all.

I took the blanket and covered Haemin before watching some dance videos on my itouch and going to sleep soon after.

When the meals came, I was awake and woke Haemin up. Both of us got pasta. After eating barely half of it, Haemin said she didn’t want it anymore, so she pushed it to me to finish it up for her. She fell back asleep again and in no time, we’re in Maldives.

Honeymoon, here we come!

End of Eunhyuk’s POV