Party

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

I was sitting in Donghae’s car, looking out of the window. The atmosphere was awkward and all I could hear was the engine of the car and both our breathing. I cleared my throat and I could see Donghae looking at me from my peripheral vision.

“Do you think we would be chosen?” He spoke up before I turned to look at the seat in front of me.

“Chosen for?” He never goes straight to the point.

“Doing the couple dance.” He shifted in his seat before clearing his throat.

“Do you really want that couple dance so much?” I flared. All he cared was about the dance.

“Why are you so angry?”

“Because you keep going on about that couple dance. Asking me to trust you so you can get it, going on and on about. Have you ever considered that I don’t want it?” My voice was getting louder and louder. When I finished, the car came to a halt. I looked at him before opening the door, wanting to get out.

“Watch out!” Donghae shouted before pulling me back, causing the door to close back. I landed on my back and saw a lorry pass by the next moment.

“Do you want to die so much? If you want I can help you. You don’t have to go to this extend!” He shouted as I flung my hands out of his grasps. This time, the driver opened the door for me. Without taking another look at him, I alighted and walked home.

As I walked round the back of the car, I saw Donghae get out as well. I walked past him but he pulled me back.

“Can’t we be more friendly towards each other? Why must we fight all the time?” He said with a rather pleasant voice.

“I can be. But you have to change the way you behave before I can do so.” I flung his hand off and bowed to him slightly.

“Thanks for the ride.” I said before walking home as fast as I could.

From then on, every dance practice, we had to focus on the couple dance which means Donghae and I had to face each other a lot. Since he likes to bump into me in school, we meet a lot and it’s a little disrupting.

Every practice, one couples gets eliminated from 10 couples, there’s only 3 left now, including Donghae and I. Sometimes, I would wish we would get eliminated as well, so I could save the trouble of getting awkward while I look at him and trying hard to put trust in him.

At the end of the practice, another air was to get eliminated. I somehow hope it’s us and not us.

“Leeteuk and Yuri. I’m sorry, but the both of you are eliminated.”

There’s only Taemin, Eunjung, Donghae and I left. Next lesson would determine who will represent us.

“Do you really not want the couple dance? If you don’t want it then I will Tell Ms. Shi we back out and let Taemin and Eunjung go on.” Donghae said as we left the studio.

“I didn’t know your decision waver so easily.” I said as I walked to the gate.

“You really don’t believe or trust me do you?” He said firmly as he grabbed my arm, causing me to look at him in the eye.

“It seems like you never ever listen to what I say.” I want to walk away, but his grip on my arm was so strong that it’s starting to hurt.

“I know you need time, but now it’s left between us and the other pair. If you cannot trust me then it would be better for us to back out. This concerns the school’s name and out dance club’s reputation.” 

“I…” I was totally lost for words. He was right. Now isn’t the time to talk about him being selfish or not. The matter is grave to the extend it concerns the school.

“Tomorrow there’s a party at my place. It’s a masked party. We’ll determine our trust towards each other tomorrow.”

“What do you mean?” He wasn’t really making any sense to me now.

“At the party tomorrow, we’ll have to look for each other. If you manage to find me, it means we can carry on and that you trust me. Most importantly, you’ll have to find me before the first dance.”

“That’s not possible.” I said. The first dance is normally 15 to 30 minutes after the start of the party, to find him within that amount of time was impossible, especially in the crowd.

“I’ll get my driver to send you the invitation card later tonight.” He said before getting into his car.

I have really gotten myself into a lot of trouble ever since I met this Lee Donghae.

After dinner, no one came. I then decided to go to do my homework. I guess Donghae might be fooling around.

At 10pm, I got ready for bed. It was then, there’s a knock on my door and in came Omma. She passed me a very fine designed envelope and I knew this was it.

“It’s a party invitation.” Omma said as sat at he edge of my bed, looking at me open the invitation.

“I know Omma. A friend invited me to their party.”

Dear Ms. Park Soobin,

                You’re formerly invited to the masked party of Dong-Jung Corp.

                Date : 4th march 2011

                Venue: Lee mansion at XXX

                Time: 7pm

                Please be reminded that during the party, your mask should not be removed till the party is offically announced over.

Thank you.

Dong-Jung Corp.

“Do you have the necessary things needed, if not Omma can go with you to get it tomorrow.” Omma said and I shook my head. I had all the things already. Appa said it’s better to bring some formal wear vr and I brought it over.

“Omma, When is Appa coming to visit us?” I asked since it has been long since I’ve heard from him.

“He’s coming next week. He promised so he’ll be here. Don’t worry he misses you too.” She smiled before we both head to bed.

It seems like my nightmare is starting to go away. On occasions, I don’t dream of it anymore and it’s a good thing. I can have a good night’s rest.

The next morning, there’s a knock on the door and it was Haemin. She wanted to hang out, but I told her I can’t do it for long.

“Why?” She asked and I don’t know if it’s a good idea to tell her, but I decided to since she’s my best friend.

“Dong-Jung’s party?! They’re known to plan the most grand party in Seoul!” She exclaimed and I swear my ear drums are about to burst.

“I know. They’re one of the biggest company in Seoul. Their parties are bound to be of a big scale.”

“How I wish I can go.” Haemin looked a little down. Maybe I can bring her along. Dialing Donghae’s number, I waited for him to pick up.

“Hello.”

“I’m Soobin.”

“I know. Is there anything You need help from me?”

“I was wondering if I can bring Haemin over.”

“Sure. I’ll inform them so don’t worry. I have things to attend to so I’ll see you later. Sorry. Bye.”

He hung up and I turned to look at the very Hyper Haemin. She was bouncing on my bed.

When I told her Donghae said ok, she went crazy. She ran at least 3 rounds round my room and jumped on the spot for a minute before sitting down and screamed in my face. She’s really very happy.

“But I have nothing to wear.” She looked at me with her eyes wide.

“I should have some which you’ll look good in. Let’s go pick.” I said.

She went even crazier after she looked at my dresses. She picked a few and all were either pink or blue but it looks good on her. Finally after what seemed like hours, she settled on a purple dress.

http://www.edressme.com/strapless-bubble-6626.html

The she started to help me pick my dress. It didn’t take her a very short time. I swear I didn’t mind wearing anything there. Finally she settled on one of my favourite dress.

http://www.jovani.com/short-cocktail-dresses/strapless-bead-overlay-154605-4571

Haemin suggested we start preparing early and looking at the clock, it was barely 1. Driver Ahjusshi said we would only take half an hour to get there so from now to the time we leave, there’s still 5 hours more to go.

We both took turns to take a shower and started preparing. Starting from doing our hair to make up to choosing perfume and painting our nails. I swear If I were to go alone, I would take barely an hour. Haemin insisted that I did something to my hair and had curled it for me.

After all the hustle and bustle, it was close to 6.

“OMO! We should change into our dresses or we’ll be late!”

When I got downstairs, Omma smiled and told us Driver Ahjusshi was waiting already. I had left the invitation card with Driver Ahjusshi in case I forgot to bring it.

“We won’t be home late.” I told Omma before we got into the car.

“I’m so excited. It’s the first time I’ve been to such a big party.” She said and the smile never left her face.

“Don’t forget that we cannot remove our mask till the party s over. No matter what.” I reminded Haemin again since I don’t know how she will react if she recognizes Donghae.

“I wonder if I can recongise Donghae.” Her smile got wider and now what is in my mind is that was it good that I can find him or was it a bad thing? If I find him, we’ll have to try our best to get the couple dance and I have to really trust him. I wonder what trust has got to do with this party.

Now all I know is I only trust Donghae a little. If I were to successfully find him before the first dance, would I be able to trust him more than I am trusting him now.

After some time, we arrived and Driver Ahjusshi told me that he’ll be around the neighbourhood finding a nice place to have coffee so when I’m done I can give him a call and he’ll get here as soon as possible.

I passed the guy the invitation card and he looked for my name.

“Young Master has told us about you bring a friend so both of you may enter. Hope you have a pleasant night.” He said as he opened the door for us.

His house is really grand, but it’s what’s expected from him since his family is really rich. The house was already packed with people. From what I see, it should be more than a hundred people already. People of all ages were crowding around, talking. Even though I couldn’t see their faces, but all of them seem to recongise each other instantly.

When I turned around, I saw Haemin being led away by a guy of our age. That’s really fast. I felt my phone vibrate in my clutch and saw a text from Haemin.

‘Give me a call when you’re leaving. –Haemin’

It was then I realized my ‘mission’ for the night. I was walking slowly and the waiter offered me drinks, but I declined. I continued walking around, seeing may guys in tuxedo and I realize this is way harder than I expected it to be. There’s really a lot of people and 10 minutes have already passed. Time’s running out.

Somehow, I’m starting to think that doing the couple dance wasn’t such a bad idea. I know Donghae and I can coordinate with each other really well. It shocks me at times as well. It’s like we’re connected to each other.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to find a guy standing in front of me.

End of Soobin’s POV