Jaejoong

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

Donghae practically wasted my time. We ended up walking around the shopping centre before going home.

However, during the entire walk, he seemed really quiet. He just walked quietly around the place and looked into the window. But what makes me wonder is he look at the window displays like he was longing for the things inside. He could buy it. He is rich enough. I heard from Haemin that he’s the next successor to his father’s company. They are one of the biggest company in Korea.

The way he behaves outside school is really different. When he left after dance practice was how he looked like when he was walking around. He seems lost and alone. I don’t know why but I somehow pity him. Even though he treats me badly, it wasn’t the worst yet.

“Thank you for accompanying me.” He said as I got out of the car.

“It wasn’t really accompanying since you forced me, but I had fun.” I gave him and small smile as he waved me goodbye. How I wish he would be like this in school. This way, there won’t be bullying around.

“You’re back.” Omma said as I took off my shoes. After having dinner and doing my homework, I heard Omma call me.

“Cold you go to the supermarket round the corner to help me get some salt?” Omma asked and I nodded my head.

The weather at night was nice. It wasn’t very hot but it wasn’t too cold either. After getting the salt Omma needed, I headed home. However, I heard some sound from an alley.

“Without your boys you’re just nothing.” I heard and looked at the alley and saw someone on the floor and a group of guys around him.

I took out my phone and hid in the corner. I played the sound of the police siren and immediately they stopped. Looking at the alley, they have disappeared. I walked into the alley and saw the guy sitting on the floor with bruises on his face. I turned off the sound and squat down.

“Come on.” I extended my hand to him but he swatted it away.

“I didn’t need your help.” He scowled.

“And you’ll get beaten to death.” I said and put his arms round my shoulder and he stood up slowly.

“I don’t need your help. I can walk on my own!” He shouted at me and withdrew his hand. However, immediately his legs gave way. If I hadn’t pulled him in time, he would have fallen on the ground.

“Come on, I’ll bring you to the doctor.” This time, he kept quiet. I brought him to the doctor and when he came out, he had patches on his face and his arm was wrapped in a cast. After taking his medicine, we left.

“Where do you live?” I asked and he told me.

“Come on I’ll send you home.” I said and pulled him to the side of the road and hailed a cab.

“I can head home myself. I don’t need the help of a girl.” He started being rude again.

I pushed him into the cab and followed him in.

“You’re really nosy.” He said and looked out of the window.

“I’m Park Soobin by the way. What’s your name?” I asked.

“Kim Jaejoong.” He said

The taxi ride was then silent till we reached his place.

“Bye! Hope to see you around.” I said and he smiled.

“Thank you. Even though I thought you were just pitying me, but I can tell you’re a nice person.” He said.

“Maybe we can be friends if I meet you again.” I said and the taxi drove off.

When I got home, Omma was jumping around like a mad woman.

“What took you so long? I thought something happened to you!” He came over and checked if I was hurt.

I told her what happened and she was glad I was fine. I head to bed straight away since it was close to midnight already.

The next morning, I told Haemin all about it and she exclaimed so loudly that everyone at the bus stop was looking at me.

“Kim Jaejoong is Kingka of Dong Bang high. He’s total enemies with Donghae’s gang.”She looked at me shocked.

“He seemed nice.” I said and shrugged and Haemin went on and on about how we became enemies and all.

However, life became hell when I got into school. Donghae came and stopped me. I had to bid Haemin farewell as he placed his arms round my shoulder and walked into school. I tried to shrug it off but he reminded me of Eunhyuk and I stopped fiddling. We got into the cafeteria which was totally empty.

“Why are we here for? I still have classes.”

“You can entertain us. We don’t feel like going for classes.” He said and leaned back on his chair. I stood up wanting to leave, but he reminded me of Eunhyuk again.

“You seem to care a lot for this Eunhyuk huh.” He said and he looked at me seriously. Wasn’t he joking minutes ago?

“He’s my friend of course I care.”

“If I became your friend would you care then?” He asked and his facial expression totally softened.

I then realized the guys were gone and there was only Donghae and I left.

“I would never be friends with a jerk like you.” I said and stood up.

“You really thought I wanted to be friends with you” He smirked and I got fooled by him. What is his problem?

I left and he didn’t catch up with me. I was lucky since I made it into the classroom before the bell rang.

The day passed and I left school early with Haemin. Donghae didn’t appear at all the whole day after this morning. I was glad since he won’t bother me and waste my time.

Haemin and I were talking when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Jaejoong.

“It’s you!” I was shocked.

“Hi. So now we can be friends.” He smiled and I nodded my head.

“I officially introduce myself again. I’m Kim Jaejoong.” He extended his hands.

“I’m Pak Soobin and this is my friend Kim Haemin.” I introduced as I shook his hand and he shook Haemin’s.

“Are you feeling better?” I asked since he got injured yesterday

“I’m fine. All thanks to you I’m fine.” He smiled again.

We took the same bus but Jaejoong got off after us, so we bid him farewell and got off. He waved to us on the bus while we’re at the bus stop.

“He really is nice.” Haemin said.

“I told you.” I said and we both laughed.

This time, both our phones rang. It was Jaejoong.

‘Hi. This is my number. This way we can keep in contact and entertain each other when we’re bored. – Jaejoong’

“He’s really interesting” Haemin said and we both Laughed again. I bid Haemin farewell and headed home.

In no time, Haemin and I got to know Jaejoong better and we became closer friends. As a Kingka, he wasn’t as bad as Donghae. I wonder how they became enemies.

Jaejoong know we’re from Chungnam high, but he doesn’t mind he say that he only don’t like Donghae and gang. He doesn’t do anything to the students. What he doesn’t know is that Donghae has been annoying me in school from the start. But it’s actually because I offended him that’s why he’s annoying me now.

Eunhyuk had actually blamed himself for getting me into this situation, but I don’t blame him. I have never regretted saving him. If I didn’t save him, we won’t be friends now and he would still be suffering.

However, I realised that Donghae likes to ask me about Eunhyuk and his face would darkened mysteriously. He’s totally weird. Saying he’ll torture me and all, but all he ever does is bring me to dance practice and ask me to buy things or accompany him to walk around shopping malls. However, he likes to drag me around and because of him, I almost dislocated my arm again.

“YAH! It hurts!” I exclaimed as he dragged me to the field.

“Can’t you go to class? I don’t want to skip classes!” I exclaimed and he just kept quiet. I want t leave, but he just pull me back down.

I’m schooling in Korea for almost a month and I’m always wasting time on things like this. He keeps making me skip classes to look at nothing.

When I could finally go back to class, everyone asked me where I went. I lied saying I had diarrhea and was stuck in the toilet.

When Haemin and I left school, we saw Hyuk.

“Want to head home together?” Haemin asked and he shook his head.

“We’ll head off first then. Bye.” I gave him a hug as Haemin waved him goodbye.

We were about to walk out of the school gate when I felt someone pull me by my wrist. Without looking, I can tell it was Donghae. It was a habit now that Donghae would pull me away half way and Haemin will head home alone. I’ll normally apologise to her when I get the chance to, but being my understanding friend, she doesn’t blame me.

“WHAT!” I shouted as he slammed me hard against the wall.

“Why did you hug Eunhyuk?” He asked with death in his eyes.

“What has it got to do with you?” I shouted as he pinned me to the wall.

“You’re now mine of course I have to know.” He say between gritted teeth.

“Yours? When was I yours? I’m only your slave. It doesn’t matter. I can even Kiss him if I want!” I shouted at him and he let go of me.

“You dare have any physical contact with guys and let me find out, you’ll be dead!” He shouted before walking off.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!” I shouted at him.

I called driver Ahjusshi to fetch me home since I wasn’t in the mood to take the bus. I called Haemin and asked here where she was and picked her up when driver Ahjusshi came.

“What happened? Why did Donghae pull you away?” Haemin asked as we were in the car.

“He was being crazy.” I sad and took deep breathes he was really insane.

Why does he care so much? It’s my life. Sometimes I really think he’s really overboard. I was nice enough to accompany him to stupid places and waste my time and this is how he treats me. Even though I’m his ‘slave’, but I think more of it as companion. He looked more down whenever he looks for me. The other guys won’t be around as well.

Haemin and my phone rang and together, we knew it was Jaejoong.

‘hey girls, want to hang out today? –Jaejoong.’

I looked at Haemin and she nodded her head. We replied him and he texted Haemin the place since Haemin told him we’re together. I told the driver the location and we were there in a few minutes.

“Help me tell Omma I’ll be home for dinner.” I told the driver Ahjusshi and he nodded his head bidding us farewell before driving off.

Jaejoong Haemin and I went to catch a movie and went to the arcade to play. Jaejoong was really good in the games.

“Next time let’s go Noraebang. (Karaoke)” Jaejoong suggested.

“I !” Haemin said and we all burst out laughing.

“See you!” Jaejoong bid us farewell as he headed home. He said his driver is here already. Jaejoong is rich as well. I was wondering if you’re rich then you can be Kingka.

Driver Ahjusshi came in a while and we headed home.

After homework, I looked out of the window and looked at the few stars. I am reminded of Appa. We’ve been in Korea for close to 2 months and I miss Appa.

End of Soobin’s POV