Audition

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

“Where did you go just now?” Eunhyuk snapped me out of my thoughts as we walked out of school.

“Oh. I went to meet someone. Sorry to make you wait for me.” I apologised but he shook his head, meaning it’s ok.

The journey home with Eunhyuk was quite quiet. I just realized I have rarely been alone with Eunhyuk like this. Normally there would be Haemin around.

“I’m taking a turn here. I’ll see you in school tomorrow.” Eunhyuk gave me an awkward smile before I waved goodbye.

That was really awkward. I continued walking, but I felt that there was someone behind me. When I turned around there was no one. Maybe I’m just thinking too much.

All the way home, I had the feeling there was someone behind me, but whenever I turn around, there was no one. Stepping into the house, I greeted Omma before heading to shower and do my homework.

During Dinner, Omma made all my favourite food. I know she’s worried about me, but no matter what I say, she will still care for me like this. I guess Omma is tired, taking care of me all the time even though I’m so old already, I still have to make her worry for me.

“Go to bed early Soobin ah. Don’t think of other things alright?” She said as she closed the door, heading to bed herself.

I didn’t feel like going to bed early because I know the dream will still come and if I sleep early, the dream would haunt me for a longer time. I went online instead and saw that some friend were online, Seeing that I was online, they came to say hi and asked how I was doing. One of them was Brandon.

Brandon: Hey Soobin!

Me: Hey. How are you.

Brandon : Never been better. How about you?

Me: The usual J

Brandon: Do you still have those… dreams?

Brandon knows about my dreams. Ever since that incident, he sends me home and Omma told him about them. He’s always been worried for me and takes good care of me in school. However, sometimes I feel that I’m a burden to him as a friend.

Me: Of course not. It’s been a long time Brandon.

I didn’t want him to worry for me too. This one year when I’m away, I hope he’ll be more free to do what he wants and not keep worrying about me.

Brandon: That’s glad to hear.

Me: How’s school?

We chatted for sometime till he realized the time. Even though it’s morning there, but for me it’s Midnight. He chased me off to sleep and I went offline. He knows I’ll only stay online till late when I’m having those dreams. I told him I couldn’t sleep and he bought it. I’m hoping he does.

“NO! STAY AWAY!” I shouted at him, but he just had the smirk pinned on his face as he came closer. I backed away and I was at a dead end already.

“Let’s see where you can run to now Ms. Taekwondo.” He cracked his knuckles as he pounced himself on me. He ripped open my shirt and kissed me everywhere.

“NO! HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!” I shouted at the top of my lungs as he continued what he was doing. I couldn’t see anything at all. Everything was a blur as tears poured out of my eyes and I thought this was the end.

I had the same dream again. However, this time I woke up on my own. Cold sweat was running down my face and I was panting hard. When will these dreams stop haunting me again? I buried my face in my hands and propped up my knees. This will be a really long night.

The next morning, Omma prepared breakfast as usual. I assume she didn’t notice that I had a nightmare yesterday since she didn’t ask. After breakfast, I left the house and saw Haemin waiting for me already.

“You look really tired.” Haemin said as I got into the car.

“I just didn’t sleep well. It’s nothing.” I smiled as she started talking about Dance practice, not forgetting Donghae.

However, it was weird since she said that Donghae didn’t turn up for practice yesterday. I saw Donghae Walking towards the Dance studio when I left though. Where could he go? Anyway it wasn’t really my business.

When we got out of the car, I saw Donghae getting out of the car before us. Haemin waved at him enthusiastically when he looked over. I nodded my head and tried to put on a smile. He walked away after nodded in acknowledgement, but I noticed his eyes lingered on us for a few extra seconds.

“Isn’t he nice?” Haemin said and I know she’s in fangirling mode yet again.

“Haemin ah! Soobin ah!” I heard someone call us and we turned around to see Eunhyuk panting like a mad man.

“I have something on today. So I may not be able to go back with you.” He panted.

“Oh is it? We can wait for you. You won’t take long right?” Haemin asked as Eunhyuk shook his head.

“Where is your last appointment at?” I asked.

“Dance studio.” He was still panting.

“Alright then see you after school!” Haemin said before we waved him goodbye and parted out ways.

“Soobin! Look! Dance club auditions!” Haemin exclaimed as we walked pass the notice board.

“Aren’t you in dance club already?” I asked her since it’s the truth.

“You can join! You said that you like dancing right?” He looked at me with hope in her eyes.

“I like to dance, but I’m not good enough.” Actually I don’t want to see Donghae more.

“Come on. You can do it! It’s tomorrow. Just go and try. You won’t know if you can make it or not if you don’t try!” She said and after that, she dragged me back to class.

Today for once, school passed by real quickly. In a blink of an eye, school was over. Haemin and I then headed to the dance studio, totally forgetting that Eunhyuk will contact us when he’s done. We opened the door and found someone dancing and his moves were real sleek.

“He looks familiar.” Haemin whispered as the both of us peeked. It was quite dark other than the spot light shone on the person. The reflection on the mirror was too dark for us to make out who it is.

“Really? I don’t think so. I only know his moves are great.” I said and we kept our eyes fixed on the guy.

After a while, the music stopped and the guy ended with a move which makes him face us.

“EUNHYUK?!” The both of us exclaimed and it caused him to open his eyes and look at us in shock.

“What….” He stuttered as the both of us stepped in.

“How could you not tell us you were so good in dancing!” Haemin exclaimed as she got to Eunhyuk face to face.

Eunhyuk was sweating profusely and he was fiddling with his fingers. His eyes darted from left to right, not knowing how to answer Haemin.

“Haemin ah. Don’t make it hard for him.” I pleaded as she started at Eunhyuk, hard.

“I…” He wanted to say something but Haemin turned around and left.

I apologised to Eunhyuk before running off after Haemin. Haemin is a sweet girl, but she may be a terror during times like this.

“Haemin ah!” I chased after her and finally caught up with her.

“Tomorrow. The both of you are going to the auditions.” She said firmly and I know nothing could stop her now. On the way home, she went on about how could Eunhyuk not tell us about his talent for dance. But I don’t really blame him. Eunhyuk is a shy boy and he gets bullied in school. Who would ever believe him if he said he could dance really well? I don’t think anyone would and on the other hand, he might get bullied even more.

When we parted ways, she reminded me to bring my dance outfit and I decided I should since dancing is a good sport.

“Omma! I’m going to audition for Dance club tomorrow.” I said during dinner and she smiled.

“That’s good honey.” I know she hopes that I could do things that bring my mind off my dream. She knows dancing could do that that’s why she agreed so quickly.

The next day, Haemin double checked that I brought out my dance outfit before we left for school. At the gate we met Eunhyuk. He seemed really guilty.

“You, Meet us at the cafeteria at 2pm and don’t be late or you’ll suffer the consequences.” Haemin said before walking off. I gave Eunhyuk an apologetic expression before going off to class.

When classes ended, I saw Eunhyuk waiting for us in the cafeteria already. Haemin dragged Eunhyuk to the dance studio and Eunhyuk started panicking. Haemin glared at Eunhyuk and that made him keep quiet.

Haemin wrote Eunhyuk and my name on the board and we went to change. While waiting, I could see many people pin pointing at us. One of us is Donghae’s bullying target and the other one is used to be bullying target and nerd of the school. I didn’t really care since after the audition. Their mouths would be left hanging.

“Park Soobin.” The guy called and I walked into the room. Inside sat 3 person. Ms Shi, our school’s dance instructor, Donghae, Dance club president and Leeteuk whose vice president.

I bowed and introduced myself before Ms. Shi played a random piece and allowed me to start. I know Donghae was looking at me intensely, but I ignored it. The other president, Leeteuk was looking at me with encouragement in his eyes and I felt much better.

I allowed my body to flow with the music and allow myself to get into the music allowing us to be one. When the music ended, Ms shi clapped and Donghae looked pretty much shocked as Leeteuk gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and they told me to wait for their call which would be within this month.  I bowed and left the room.

Next up was Eunhyuk. Haemin and I looked through the glass and there were many people crowding around, wanting to see how Eunhyuk would do. But I felt they wanted to mock him instead. When the music started, I saw the smirk on Donghae’s face disappear. There were gasps from people behind us and I saw how Eunhyuk danced with Passion. He’s really good.

When he stepped out of the room, everyone kept quiet and looked at him.

“You’re awesome!” Haemin said and gave him a pat on the back. He smiled as he pant.

“Let’s go then.” I said since Eunhyuk and I were the last few and I don’t want to bump into Donghae. When we stepped out, I saw driver Ahjusshi waiting for us. Eunhyuk was about to bid us farewell, but I asked him to hop on. It’s alright to give him a lift anyway and he seemed tired and worn out.

“So how was it?” Omma asked as I gave her the thumbs up.

“Even if I don’t get in, I know I’ve tried.” I smiled and Omma pat my hands.

“My daughter would definitely pass. As Seattle’s dance competition champion. You would definitely get in.” She smile as we carried on with Dinner.

Dancing was my passion and I had joined several competitions and I had turned out Champions as few times. I didn’t know how I did it, but Omma just said I was good. I didn’t like to show off to people so I didn’t really tell Haemin about it. I only told her dancing was my passion.

Now all I can do is to wait for their call. I’m kind of nervous yet scared. I wanted to join but I’m afraid of getting too close with Donghae.

End of Soobin’s POV