Tuition

Different dreams

 

Donghae’s POV

“So are we having the peer teaching session today?” I asked her since it was barely 4 yet.

“Oh. Sure. Let’s go then.” She said as we walked down the pavement opposite school.

For weeks, it has always been me following behind her as she walk down this pavement, but now, I’m actually walking beside her. The feeling is so different from the times where I followed behind her secretly.

The walk was silent. We didn’t look or talk to each other. All we did was walk till we reached her house.

“Omma I’m home.” She said as we stepped in. Her house look really simple on the outside, but on the inside, there’s really a very homely feeling. The feeling which tells you that someone will be there for you even though you’re alone. If I were to stay here all alone, I don’t think I’ll be afraid.

“Oh you brought a friend home. This is…” She looked at me.

“I’m Lee Donghae.” I greeted her and she smiled. Soobin explained to her our situation. She allow us to study in the study room upstairs.

“You look like a very nice boy, so I trust the both of you won’t do anything funny.” She said before Soobin and I headed upstairs.

“You Omma is really nice.”I said and she just smiled at me.

“I think we’d better come up with a plan about this peer tutoring. We have dance practice everyday other than Wednesday, so we can study on Wednesday. The other weekdays we can have them if you have anything you don’t understand in school, otherwise I don’t think it’s necessary. Then we can have it on one of the weekends. You ok with it?” Soobin said and I nodded my head. 

“But I’m afraid next Wednesday is out of the question since I have some family matters. And I think it’ll be better if we try to converse in English since it would allow you to improve faster and put it to use.” She is really a very strict teacher.

“I have family matters next Wednesday as well.” I said.

We took out our book and there was a knock on the door before Soobin’s Omma came in with drinks and snacks.

“Donghae sshi, would you be staying for dinner?” She asked me with a bright smile and now I know both of them look really alike. Even the smile.

“Sure. And call me Donghae.” I said and she smiled before walking away.

When she started teaching, I feel as if I was in hell. Whatever she say couldn’t go into my mind because I don’t understand anything. I should have paid more attention during English class. Now I look like a fool in front of Soobin.

“I think we should start with introductions first. You introduce yourself in English as much as you can. I’ll give you an example. ‘Hi, I’m Park Soobin. I’m half Korean half American and I study in Chungnam high. I’m currently 18 years old and I like to knit.’ There. Your turn.” She looked at me like she was going to kill me if I don’t do well.

“I’m Lee Donghae… erm…. I 18…Erm…” Before she cut me off.

“I’m 18 not I 18.” The se explained to me about the tenses and everything. I really don’t understand a thing.

“Soobin ah, can you slow down?” I asked before she slowed down.

After a little while, Soobin’s Omma knocked the door, calling us down for dinner.

“We’ll continue after dinner then.” She said before I pulled her as she stood up.

“Where’s the wash room?” I asked.

“You can use the one in my room. The door nearest the steps.” She said as I head out to use the toilet.

As I opened the door, I saw a clean neat room. Her room consists of a lot of white. Her table was white and on it was a white Macbook. Her bed was white alongside white curtains. However, the wall was a very pale blue. It makes it seems like she living in the clouds.

Snapping myself out of the trance, I stepped into her wash room which looks really nice. The transparent sink, the bathtub by the side and there’s even a shower stall.

After I was done doing my business, I stepped out to see a box which I missed out just now. It’s a box of Ferro Roche. She likes Ferro Roche? That’s something I need to remember. I walked down the stairs and saw Soobin’s Omma bringing out the dishes from the kitchen.

“Oh Donghae, You’re just in time. We’re about to start. Come take a seat opposite Soobin.” She said as I took a seat opposite Soobin on the long table.

“I don’t know what you like so today I made Korean dishes since Koreans like rice more than flour food. Am I right?” She smiled.

“I’m not really picky with food.” I said and she smiled before asking me to tuck in. For someone who lived in America for a long time, her dishes were really nice.

“It’s really nice.” I said as dinner ended.

“oh Soobin. Accompany your friend and don’t go back to study. Take a break. Today, I’ll do the dishes. ” Soobin’s Omma said as Soobin brought me to the living room.

“Won’t your parents worry if You’re home late?” She broke the silence.

“They’re always home late so I don’t really get to see them.” I said and look down. How I wish There was someone at home to have dinner with me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know that.”

“It’s ok. I’m used to it already.”

Soobin’s Omma came back with fruits and after that, we went back to studying. At 9pm, I told her that I should head home since there’s school tomorrow and I don’t wish to disturb her further.

When I got home all I could see was the cold exterior of the house. No matter how exquisite our house was, there’s no sense of home. Even though there are maids, but I still feel lonely, all alone.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

When Donghae left, Omma couldn’t stop complimenting him.

“He’s such a nice boy. He’s really well mannered.” Omma went on and on and on.

When I told Omma he would be here often, she looked really happy. It was as if he’s my fiancé.

“Don’t forget that we’re having Dinner with your Appa’s partner the coming Wednesday. “ She said as I walked up the stairs.

“I know Omma. I told him already. He said he have something on that day as well.”

It seems like news spread fast since when I went to school the next day, People were staring, even glaring at me. Not like it’s my fault I want to peer tutor Donghae. Blame myself for being good in English and them for not being good enough.

“I’m so envious of you. You get to tutor Donghae.” Haemin said

“Why don’t you tag along” I played along with her.

“I really can?” Her eyes were sparkling.

“Even if you can I doubt you’ll have the energy.” I said.

“True. I’m still envious.” Even though she said that, she was smiling.

For the next few days, it was really tiring since practice was really intense and Donghae seems to be coming to my house every day. I think his English is really very bad since he has difficulty doing most of the questions. Normally, I would let him do his work while I go for a shower. After a few lessons, I realized he finally started opening the dictionary to check.

“Next time you should bring extra clothes and shower here. It must be really uncomfortable to study after getting your clothes stained with perspiration.” Omma said and Donghae smiled at her.

“Ok ahjumma. I’ll remember that the next time I come over.”

“Alright. I’ll see you on Thursday if you come and study. I’ll make pasta.” She smiled and Donghae left for his car.

“He’s such a sweet boy.” Omma smiled at herself as if she was having a major crush on him.

“Omma, why don’t you just marry him.” She glared at me before I ran to the study room to tidy my books. It was then I realized a box of Ferro Roche on the table and there’s a note stuck on it.

‘ The other time I saw it on the table of your room. Yesterday when I went to the washroom, I saw that it was almost gone, so I bought you a new one. I hope you like it –Donghae’

Looking at it I smiled and placed it on my table in my room. I was about to ask Omma to buy a new box for me, but I guess I don’t have to now.

On Wednesday after school, I went home immediately since Omma said time was really tight. Once I opened the door, I saw 2 luggages at the door and I know Appa was back. I walked t the dining room to see him talking with Omma.

“DADDY!” I exclaimed and rushed to give him a hug.

“How have you been doing my princess?”

“Awesome!” Even though Appa is American, his Korean is really fluent. He went to learn when he got married to Omma. Now he speaks like a Korean.

“Soobin ah, don’t disturb your father. Go and shower. The people are coming soon.” Omma hired a few people to come do our hair makeup and choose our outfits. Omma is really detailed and picky on this kind of things.

The Unnies were all really nice. The make-up Unnie help me put on light make up, making it give off a more natural look. The Unnie who did my hair helped me curled my hair before tying to top half into a bun in a very artistic way and since my hair is really long, it looks really nice. I myself liked it a lot.

Lastly, my dress was chosen. It’s a red dress with black chiffon with flower prints overlapping it.

http://www.jovani.com/short-cocktail-dresses/159240-7620

When they were done, it was close to 5pm already. Just on time. I thanked them as they left my room. I took out my black clutch and dumped my phone and lip gloss into my clutch. I took my black heels before walking down the steps to find Appa and Omma all ready to go.

“My princess is as beautiful as always.” Appa complimented before we got into the car and left for the hotel where the restaurant is. The hotel actually belongs to Appa. The ride was a long one since the hotel was really big so it’s towards the other side of Seoul which was around an hour ride away.

In the Car, Appa told us how lonely he felt at home. Facing the maid only and that my friends had actually came to look for me and asked him to pass me some things after hearing he’s coming to Korea to visit.

“I’ll pass it to you when we get home after dinner.” Appa said.

“I heard they have a son.” Omma said and Immediately, I stared at her.

“Omma, don’t even think about it. It’s not a match making session.”

“We’re under the reservations under lee.” Appa said before the lady told us they are here already before leading us the way to the room which seems really deep inside. I looked around to see may really nice paintings before a question popped out in my mind.

“Appa. Who’s your partner that we’re meeting today?” I asked since I was really curious as we made our way to the reserved room. We were now standing in front of a closed double door, waiting for the lady to open it for us.

“Mr. Lee from Dong-Jung corp. along side with his family.” He said and it was too late to back out since the lady had opened the door for us and immediately, I met Donghae’s eyes…

End of Soobin’s POV