Unhappy Past

Different dreams

 

Donghae’s POV

I swear to myself that this night is the best night of my entire life. I was now walking side by side with Soobin and strolling past Han river. Is this really not a dream? I kept stealing glances at her to reassure she won’t turn into a monster the next second.

“Do I have something on my face?” She asked as se pulled me to a halt.

“No.” I shook my head as she touch her right cheek.

“Then why do you keep looking?” She asked as we walked to the nearest bench to sit down.

“It’s just…. I’m afraid this is all a dream. This kinds of scenes only happens in my dreams. I was afraid the next moment, you might just turn into a monster and I’ll wake up to find it all a dream.” I said as she took my hand.

“It’s not a dream. Never will you wake up in the morning having me not being your girlfriend. I promise you, we’ll never be apart. Ok?” She asked as I nodded my head and smile.

Now I feel like a child with no directions while Soobin is my sense of direction. She leads me everywhere and makes me feel at ease.

For the next few days we went out with each other really often. More than the times when we just had dinner. Sometimes, Soobin would even not go to work so we can have more time together since when I go back to the hospital, we’ll all be busy people again.

“Where shall we go for our honeymoon?” I asked since Soobin and I just ended the call with Eunhyuk and Haemin.

“When did I say I’ll marry you?” Even though I know she was being cheeky, but I cannot help but to frown at her sentence.

“Donghae ah, Don’t take things so seriously. We’ve just started out. Even though our parents want us to get engaged, we will. However, during the period till the end of 6 months, we might find each other not suitable and then maybe we’ll have to part.” She said and I know she’s just being more careful.

“I know. But you know I’ve waited for 7 years and finally my wish came true. So I’m more sensitive to things now.” I said and she smiled.

“I know.” Then the both of us started out our conversation on how we’re going to go visit Eunhyuk and Haemin’s new house since they’ll be back tomorrow, so maybe we might go the day after.

“This will be fun! House-warming!” Soobin exclaimed in the car on our way home.

When will I get to enjoy what Eunhyuk’s having now?

End of Donghae’s POV

Haemin’s POV

The whole night, I couldn’t sleep. I know Eunhyuk wasn’t sleeping either, I felt him tossing and turning many times. I am really tempted to ask him what was all that about, but it’s in the middle of the night and he must think I’m asleep.

When I finally got to rest, in what seem like less than 5 minutes, I could feel the sun shining on me, causing me to wake up. I know that now I have to face reality. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, expecting to find Eunhyuk asleep beside me, but there was no one. His side of the bed was empty. Where could he have gone to?

I went to the toilet, but he wasn’t there. I decided to wash up first before continue looking for that guilty soul.

“Morning.” I heard when I walked down the stairs. In the kitchen was none other than Eunhyuk. In front of him was a table beautifully set with cutleries, flowers, 2 cups of milk and 2 plate of delicious breakfast.

“You made this?” I asked and looked at him. From afar, he looks the same, but now looking at him in such close distance, he actually looked tired and somewhat fragile?

“I woke up early, so I thought I’d make breakfast.” He smiled at me before pulling out one of the chair for me to take a seat.

“So do you like our new house?” He asked, but his eyes were very shifty. He cannot focus on me. He has to keep looking around.

“Lee Eunhyuk.” I said and straight away, he stiffened. I don’t call his full name until when things got serious.

I looked at him seriously and I saw him swallowing his saliva, hard. I was about to start when he spoke up.

“About Hyori, I told you before, it’s just that I have never specified the name.” He said while looking down.

Don’t tell me she’s the one who was first to break his heart.

“Don’t tell me it’s…” While we were together, Eunhyuk told me a lot about his previous girlfriends, but they weren’t really counted because one after another, they were all just fooling around with him.

“Yes it’s her.” Eunhyuk wasn’t so fidgety anymore.

When he was in Middle school, he dated a few girls but they were all just playing with his feelings. It all started out because of this girl, Lee Hyori. Just one fine day she went up to him and confessed her feelings to him in front of the whole school. School mates laughed and guys just stared at her in shock. Eunhyuk had thought it was a beautiful dream since the school’s Queenka fell for him. He though he was finally able to throw away him image of a nerd and people might treat him better than before.

However, after 6 months, things changed. On their 6th month’s anniversary, she initiated the break up with him. He was devastated. She said that it’s only a game of truth or dare and he was the target. ‘You think I would really fall for a nerd like you?’ was what she said.

He was sick for a few days because he really liked her and thought she really appreciated him because when they went out together, she was always so nice to him. However, it was really a dream a dream with a nightmare ending.

When he finally got better and went back to school, he was ambushed. Not by people, but by eggs, flour and water. Schoolmates laughed and laughed at him. He became the laughing stock of the school. He was only in his second year then. However, he told himself it doesn’t matter because there will be a girl who is true to him out there.

After a year, a female classmate who was really nice to him confessed. He then thought it’s all real. She came with a love letter and she would always blush around him. They dated for less than 3 months before she broke up with him, giving him some lame reason. He then found out her real boyfriend asked her to do such a thing so that Eunhyuk would get embarrassed again.

After that he didn’t dare to love anyone else. He just went to school and go home like any ordinary student.

“Eunhyuk, I…” I looked at Eunhyuk to find tears slowly sliding down his cheeks.

Till now, those memories have always been haunting him. He had been bullied for a real long time. People thought he looks really normal now, but deep inside, he’s still hurt, just like a little boy when he falls down. The scar will always be there. Even though the wound heals, it’s still be there, to remind you about it.

I stood up and walked to his side of the table opposite me I was about to put my hand on his shoulder when he pulled me towards him by my waist and started sobbing.

“I’m sorry. I should have told you everything. I shouldn’t have hid it from you. I’m really sorry. Please don’t leave me.” He cried harder and harder. My hand moved slowly and his hair.

“I should be sorry for not trusting you.” I said softly as he continued crying. I’ve hurt his weak soul. I’m a really bad wife.

When he stopped, the part of my shirt covering my stomach was see though. That’s how much tears my husband had shed because of me.

I placed my hand on his cheeks and wiped the remaining tears away.

“No matter what you do, I’ll never leave you, because I know you’ll never leave me as well.” I said and he pulled me to a hug.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, my Lee Eunhyuk.”

Just then, the doorbell rang and broke our moment. Eunhyuk and I walked to the door to get a shock.

“SURPRISE!” Soobin exclaimed and it really shocked both Eunhyuk and I. However, when they absorbed in everything surrounding them, they saw something wrong.

“Haemin, why is your shirt wet?” Soobin asked.

“Hyuk, why are your eyes so red?” Donghae asked before we realize what state we were in.

“Oh did we come at a wrong time?” Soobin asked before I realized how close she and Donghae were.

“We were just clearing stuff in the kitchen when something happened so we’re in this state. I go get changed. Hyukkie, show them around.” I gave him my best smile before running up to change my shirt.

When I came down the stairs, I saw Eunhyuk not with Soobin while Soobin was lying on Donghae’s shoulders. I guess they’re official now? I smiled as I crept behind them and scared the hell out of them.

“So you’re official now?” I asked and Donghae smiled really wide. That’s all I need.

“Where’s Eunhyuk?” I asked as I look behind to not find him there.

“Why missing your husband already?” Soobin teased.

“Aren’t you also sticking to Donghae like glue now?” I said as she laughed before giving Donghae a peck on his cheeks. Those 2 are really mushy.

Eunhyuk came not long after with 2 cups of Orange Juice and 2 cups of Strawberry milk. Eunhyuk and I took the milk before Soobin and Donghae took the Orange juice.

“Not bad, Kim Haemin. Or should I say LEE Haemin. You’re willing to give up Orange juice now.” Soobin said before the both of us burst out laughing and the guys gave us weird looks before we explained to them separately.

While we were in school, I would always snatch with Soobin for orange juice whenever we are having lunch. Sometimes Soobin would even give up her orange juice for me. It used to be my favourite drink, but now, I like strawberry milk more.

After explaining to Eunhyuk, he smiled at me and we clinked out glass of milk together and continued drinking while Donghae and Soobin just continued laughing.

I really think the both of them look really go together. They both look each other so much and Donghae is a really nice guy like on my wedding day, Soobin said that she can leave me with safe hands. If She gets married to Donghae, I can say that too, because I know Donghae would never hurt her.

Looking at them, I felt that they’re really sweet.

“Are you tired?” Donghae asked as Soobin yawned. She shook her head before Donghae pushed the hair away from her face.

“If you are we can leave if you want to.” He said softly, but I could still hear their conversation.

“I’m fine. I’ll just sleep earlier tonight.” Soobin said.

“You know that will never happen.” Donghae smiled and Soobin laughed.

“They look good together don’t they?” Eunhyuk whispered into my ear and I nodded my head.

“Hey hey! No whispering!” Soobin exclaimed before everyone in the room burst out laughing yet again.

Time passed really fast and It was Evening time already and Soobin and Donghae have to leave.

“We didn’t know what to get the both of you so I hope you’ll love the painting.” Donghae said as Eunhyuk and I nodded our heads.

“Don’t bully my friend or I won’t let you off!” Soobin said and Eunhyuk laugh.

“I don’t think he’ll bully her I think it’s the other way round.” Donghae said.

“YAH!” I exclaimed before we all laughed and they said goodbye before leaving.

“I’m really lucky I met you guys.” Eunhyuk said before he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

I’m lucky Soobin came to Korea because I know that without her, I won’t be where I am now, In your arms.

End of Haemin’s POV