Goodbye

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

I didn’t know why but I can feel my heart quivering. There’s a part in me which wants to accept him, but yet another part which doesn’t.

His perseverance and determination makes me want to give in somehow, but I know I cannot be selfish and keep him to myself because I don’t think I’ll be coming back anytime and I don’t want him to keep waiting for me.

Why am I even thinking about this, I don’t want to accept him. I shouldn’t have started thinking about this.

 However, people’s words keeps ringing in my head. The things Haemin and Omma said keeps revolving in my head. However, I cannot deny that Donghae’s face keeps appearing in my head. I would always stare at my phone, hoping for a call to come. During dinner, I would stare at the opposite seat which has been empty for a long time. I guess perhaps Donghae has become a habit in my life.

During the last term of the school year, everyone became busy preparing for the exam that’s coming. Extra curriculum activates were all put to a stop so that students can put in more time and effort into their studies. From 3 to 7 is self revision time in school. However, you can choose to not stay behind.

 I for one didn’t stay behind since I need to give Donghae Peer tuition and he’s coming almost every day. However, I cannot deny that his English was improving in a dramatic rate. From the time where he didn’t even know how to introduce himself, he became more fluent.

In no time, it’s the exam week. Everyone started to burn the midnight oil and study till late at night. I for one was also doing the same. Even thought the results here won’t affect my grades in America, but I didn’t want to feel left out. After all, I’m also a student here.

After the English paper, Donghae stopped coming and the both of us went on to focus on other subjects. It seems like time really flies as now, exams wee over. That means that in 2 more weeks, I’ll be leaving Korea. NO matter how I don’t bear to, I have to. When I head back to America, I have my last year of Senior high before moving on to college.

“Exams are over!” Haemin cheered as we headed home together.

“Yeah. It’s over.” I said. I didn’t expect time to past so quickly.

“Don’t be sad. We’ll visit you in America. You’ll forever be our friend.” Haemin said and I smiled. I’m so lucky to have met a friend like her.

“Haemin! Soobin!” I heard as the both of us turned around to see Jaejoong running towards us. I didn’t know why but I didn’t want to see him.

“Oh hey.” I said a little reluctantly.

“Want to hang out together today? After all exams are over.” Jaejoong said and I knew he was looking at me.

“I can’t I have to go home and pack my stuff. The both of you go ahead.” I said before walking away. ‘m sorry Haemin ah, I didn’t want to face him. However, I wasn’t lying because I really had to go home and pack.

When I opened the door, I saw Omma packing her things. I went up to my room and started packing too. After all, we had to pack a little at a time. I know that the uniform I’m wearing I will keep it with me till forever. It’s my first and last uniform after all.

“Soobin ah. Your friends are here to see you.” Omma said as I went downstairs to see Haemin and Jaejoong. I felt like dying then.

“HEY! We’re here to help!” Haemin said as she took my hand and ran up to my room.

“Haemin ah, You could have went along with Jaejoong. I can manage.” I said before Jaejoong came in.

For the next few days, Jaejoong kept coming to look for us in school. I really didn’t want to see him. I felt really award and he kept staring at me, making me feel really uncomfortable. Who can save me?

“I’m going to the ladies.” Haemin excused herself from us. I kept my eyes on the cup of starbuck drink in front of me.

“Soobin ah.” He called out and reached for my hand, but I placed it on my lap, causing him to retreat it back.

“About the other day…”

“Let’s not talk about it. I don’t want to make it so awkward between us that we can’t even be friends.” I looked at him.

“But I don’t want to be friends.” He said.

“If you don’t want to be friends with me, I cannot do anything about it. I really thought we could be great friends, but I guess I’m wrong.” I stood up and just nice Haemin came back.

“I’m leaving first. The both of you enjoy yourself.” I said and walked out of the place.

When I got home, I slumped my bdy down on the sofa and heaved a sigh. What’s wrong with my life?

“Soobin ah, Donghae came to look for you a while ago. He asked you to call him.” Omma said and I dragged myself back into my room to call him. I really have no mood to entertain him if he wants to say the same thing as Jaejoong. I don’t want to leave Korea with this kind of annoyance towards them.

“You were looking for me?” I asked.

“When is your flight?” He asked.

“Next Wednesday at 2.” I said.

“It’s alright if we went to send you off right?” He asked.

“There’s no need to. I don’t want to leave this place feeling all sad.” I said.

“But it maybe the last time we’ll get to see you.”

“Alright. You guys can come. But promise me no crying alright? I won’t be able to take it.”

I guess time really flies. Now, Omma and I were standing outside our house, looking at it for the last time. We boarded the car and I realized this is also the last time I’ll be taking the car driven by driver Ahjusshi.

When we got to the airport, I saw Haemin, Eunhyuk and Donghae waiting for me. On Donghae’s hand was a huge white teddy bear. It looks so cute.

“This is for you from us. I hope you’ll like it.” Donghae passed it to me.

“I love it. Thank you, all of you.  Won’t forget you my friends.” I said and Haemin look like she’s going to cry.

Omma had went to check in. We didn’t have luggage since we all air mailed it back.

We all sat down at Starbuck for coffee while waiting for the gates to be opened. We talked and joked like everyday, but I could see that they were more solemn than before.

“Take care of yourself. Don’t forget to write to me. I’m happy to have a tablemate like you. Don’t forget to visit like you’ve promised.” I hugged Haemin. As she teared. You’re a friend I will never forget. The times we spent together and the happiness we shared. Kim Haemin, You’ll forever be my best girlfriend.

“Don’t look down on yourself anymore. You’re better than you think you are and take good care of Haemin. I know that both of you are together. I’ll entrust my friend to you.” I hugged Eunhyuk. From the time I first met him till now, he’s changed. He became more confident, but deep inside, he’s still the shy boy I first met. I know He will definitely take good care of Haemin.

“As for you, I’m really happy to know you. We’ve gotten 2 awards together and we’ve spent so much time together. Thank you for being with me this year round. No matter good or bad, you’ll be my good friend. You’ll definitely find a good girl. Study hard and practice your English. You’ll be a great man in the future.” I said and hugged him. He hugged me back and I didn’t want to let him go, but I know I have to.

“I’ll miss you guys. We’ll meet again.” I said as Omma and I was about to walk in, I heard someone call me. It was Jaejoong.

He hugged me and I got a shock.

“I’ll miss you.” He said.

“I’ll miss you too. Promise me we’ll forever be friends.” I said and he nodded his head. I pushed him away lightly before waving them goodbye.

Haemin broke down crying and Eunhyuk rubbed her arms lightly. Jaejoong tried smiling, but I know he’s sad. I met donghae’s eyes and I saw a drop of tear sliding down his face. I’m sorry Jaejoong, Donghae. If I have to choose between the both of you, I’d rather not choose.

With that, Omma and I left for the plane. I looked out of the window and I know I might never step back here. The plane took off and I look at the buildings becoming smaller and smaller before disappearing from sight behind the clouds. Goodbye Korea.

End of Soobin’s POV

Haemin’s POV

Seeing Soobin walking away through the doors, I felt my tears streaming out and Eunhyuk pulling me into his embrace. There goes my first true friend in school.

Before Soobin came, I wasn’t liked by many, they all though I was very stuck up and rude and bossy because of some rumors being spread around. I was somewhat like Eunhyuk, being bullied in my first year. However, when I became friends with Soobin, it all stopped.

After getting to know Soobin, I started having more friends like Eunhyuk and Donghae.

I admit that I had a crush on Donghae last year. He looked so charming under that tree. Adding on to that, he saved me from being bullied. Even though he wasn’t a Kingka then, many girls were already falling head over heels for him. I wasn’t an exception. 

However, now, I no longer like Donghae because I know Soobin and Donghae liked each other, but Soobin just refuse to admit it. Somehow, I suspected she likes Jaejoong too. But I’m sure that Jaejoong likes her back.

I must thank Soobin for letting me realize that other than Donghae, there’s actually guys out there who is better for me. It was then, I realised that Eunhyuk was someone for me.

Thank you Soobin ah, for being my friend and letting me realise Eunhyuk. I will never forget you, my best friend.

End of Haemin’s POV

Eunhyuk’s POV

When Soobin parted with us, Haemin started crying. I pulled her towards me. I know she would definitely miss this friend of hers because as a friend, Soobin has done much. Not only for Haemin, but for all of us here.

Without her, I might be the coward I am before. I might still be bullied in school getting laughed at by people. However, she helped me get rid of all those. She made me confident and show the world my dance. If not for her and Haemin, I think I might still lock myself in the dance studio and dance for no one but myself.

Without her, I wouldn’t have met Haemin and end up like what we were today. It all started as we became dance partners. We realised that we really have so much in common. I felt really comfortable around her as well. One day, I decided to tell her everything. I was so happy she agreed.

Thank you Soobin, for helping me when I’m at my lowest point in life and letting me meet Haemin. I will take good care of your friend and I’ll never forget such a great friend like you.

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

Jaejoong’s POV

She really left. Left Korea for good. I guess this is really goodbye.

The first time I met her, I thought she was an annoying girl who likes to bother about other people’s business. She saved me from the other gang and I got really angry. I didn’t need help from a girl. However, when she persisted, I realise she was really wanting to help me.

After meeting her in school, I realised she was really nice and started hanging out with her and her friend Haemin. However, I started nurturing a crush for her. She not like all those girls who surrounds me in school. She has attitude, but she’s caring and gentle.

Even though she rejected me, I know No matter what, we’ll always be friends.

Soobin, I know I’m not worthy of you now, but I’ll prove myself worthy and wait for you to come back.

Donghae’s POV

I looked at her shrinking back view and as she turned around, I could feel my heart breaking and a drop of tear slipped out of my eyes. I will definitely miss you, as a friend and as a crush.

Before I met her, I was a bully. I was someone who didn’t have love around me. I bullied to vent my anger about life. However, after the other time during the class vacation, I realised she was right. I was just someone who’s alone and no one cares for me.

However, she didn’t stay angry with me for long. We even became friends. We created many memories and till now, I have longed a crush for her. She was unlike any girl. She helps anyone and everyone who needs help She doesn’t get her personal feelings into the things she do and she puts in a lot of effort for everything.

Soobin ah, I hope you’ll do well in the states. I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but I know the only girl for me is you. I’d wait for you. No matter how long you’d take to realise that I’m true to you.

End of Donghae’s POV