Wedding

Different dreams

 

Donghae’s POV

I’m so nervous now. Tossing and turning on my bed, I felt like hours have passed, but it was barely 10 minutes. In my entire head, there were only images of Soobin in her wedding gown, smiling at me. I want to sleep, but I can’t. Tomorrow I’m getting married and I’m so excited yet nervous and many more feelings are being pooling in my heart.

I can’t wait for the time to come. Suddenly my phone vibrated and I got a shock. Who would it be messaging me at such time of night? I flipped opened my phone and saw that it was from Eunhyuk.

‘I guess you must still be up, not able to sleep am I right? –Hyuk’

He knows me so well. I guess this was what happened to him the night before his wedding day. I’m glad he’s here for me, but I felt bad for not being able to be with him then. During that time, I was always thinking about myself and never thought of the people around me. I felt like I was so selfish back then.

‘Were you feeling the same way the night before your wedding? -Hae’

I placed my phone beside me as I stared at the ceiling blankly, trying to fall asleep by counting sheep, but it didn’t work that way. Not long later, Eunhyuk replied.

‘Of course. I kept thinking all of this is just a dream and when I wake up, I’ll be some beggar on the street. – Hyuk’

‘You make things so exaggerating. –Hae’

I laughed at his answer. Beggar on the street, Lee Eunhyuk will never end up as a beggar on the street. With his dancing talent, it’s such a waste being a dance teacher in such a small school. I’ve recommended him to bigger companies, but he insisted that this was enough for him. He just wanted a simple life.

‘Don’t you? I know you always felt like this is all a dream and when you wake up, all of this will disappear. Especially Soobin. –Hyuk’

‘Yeah. She’s the only person I’m afraid of losing the most. –Hae’

‘Go drink some milk. It’ll help you to sleep. You won’t want to look like a panda groom do you? I’m off to bed. See you tomorrow buddy! –Hyuk’

I decided to heed his advice and went downstairs to take some fresh milk before climbing back onto my bed. Indeed, it helps. I felt my eyes start to close and I drifted off into dream land.

I woke up countless of times in the night, all my dreams turned out to be very beautiful dreams at first, but all of them end up as a nightmare. Is it a bad sign that something is going to happen later? I think I’m just scaring myself and I went back to bed again.

“Hae. Wake up!” I felt someone shaking me and the light shining in my eyes, hurting my eyes.

“If you don’t wake up soon you’ll be late!” I heard Omma clearer before I jolt up, shocking her. I turned and looked at my clock at my bedside table. It’s 8am in the morning.

“Omma! You scared me!” I said as we only have to be at the registry at 12pm. I don’t need that much time to prepare. The ceremony only starts at 2pm.

Because I’m already awake, I’m starting to get nervous. Time seem to pass so slowly. I went to wash up and shower and when I came out of the toilet, it was barely half an hour. The time I need to travel from my house to the registry of marriage’s office only take me half an hour. I still have 2 hours to burn.

I headed down for breakfast to only find Omma and Appa.

“Where’s Noona?”I asked since she was home yesterday.

“She went over to the bride’s place to help.” Appa said as he read the newspaper.

As I munched on my breakfast, I couldn’t help but wonder how was Soobin doing…

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

Yesterday, I didn’t eat much. I only ate fruits and food which have lesser calories, wanting to look my best in my wedding gown. I slept really early yesterday, wanting to have good complexion today. I woke up as early as 8am to start preparing for my wedding.

I couldn’t believe today’s the day. It seems like yesterday, he was my worst enemy and we were only in high school. In a blink of an eye, we’re mature adults, Eunhyuk and Haemin married, Donghae and I getting married.

I took a long shower, washing myself with my best scented soap which Donghae likes best and stepped out of the shower starting to prepare. The make-up artist and the lady from the bridal shop would come at 9am and it’s close to 9am soon. I heard my stomach growl and decided to eat a little before I’m fitted into my wedding gown and have my make up applied.

“I’ll be careful.” I hear Omma said before she hung up the phone. She seemed really secretive about the phone call.

“Omma.” I said and she jumped slightly.

“Oh Soobin ah. “She forced out a smile and I pretended I didn’t notice it.

Omma knew I was on a strict diet, so she cooked for me porridge which was very nice and filling but not too fattening. When I finished, the doorbell rang and the people I was waiting for came and we started with what we’re suppose to do.

After what seemed like hours, the makeup and my hair was done, I was sitting in my wedding gown for the past 2 hours and finally my makeup and hair was done. When I looked in the mirror, I was surprised by the outcome. Was that really me?

“You look beautiful” I heard a voice and turned around to find Haemin and Haejung standing behind me in the bride maid’s dress.

I smiled as Haemin came closer to me. Holding onto my hand, trying to make me cry with her speech, but failed miserably.

“My best friend is finally getting married.” She said with s small smile and it looks like she’s going to cry. “and to such a good man. I’m really happy for you.” She said with her head looking down.

“Why are you crying? It’s suppose to be a happy occasion.” Haejung said as she smiled at Haemin. When Haemin looked up, tears were threatening to fall, but she held it in.

For the next few hours, many people came to congratulate me   and we took countless of pictures. Out of all those people, reporters were also included. However, those reporters were friends of mine who I agreed to give them permission to have an article about me in their magazine.

“It’s time to go.” Omma said.

When I stepped out of my room, there were flashes from camera and I heard applause. I looked down the steps to see all my friends. When I got into the car, they too got into other cars and all of us drove to the registry of marriage together.

When I stepped out of the car, my heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest. I was so nervous. I felt like my legs were jelly. I looked at all the smiling faces as I walked past them. I was glad Appa was able to attend this wedding.

“I can’t believe my beloved daughter is getting married already. Now you’re no longer my girl, but someone else’s wife. Be a good wife alright?” Appa said with a smile and I felt tears pooling in my eyes.

“Aigoo. Don’t cry my dear. Appa will always be here for you. Our door will always be open for you.” He said as he wiped my tears. I let go of his hand as I headed into the dressing room to have m make up touched up.

At 1.55pm, I stepped out of the room and Appa held out his arm as I took it, we made our way to the room. For 2 days I have not seen Donghae. When I see him, he’ll no longer be my boyfriend, but my husband.

I’ll wake up every morning seeing his face, I’ll be able to make him breakfast, live with him, share everything together. I could not wait to start my marriage life with him as I know he’ll be the only one for me.

“Here we go.” I heard Appa say as the double doors opened. AS I stepped into the hall, I saw many of our friends and relatives sitting on the chairs. As Appa and I walked past them, they mouthed congratulations and gave a he smile. It felt like the walk to the front was really long. It’s like he’s right in front of me, but time is making us not able to stand by each other yet.

As Appa and I walked to where Donghae was, Appa took my hand off his arm and put it around Donghae’s arms.

“I leave my daughter to you.” Appa said as he pat my hand before going to his seat.

Donghae put his hand on mine as he turned to me and gave me a sweet smile that I’ve missed for the past 2 days.

The wedding ceremony started as Donghae and I exchanged wedding certificates to sign. When it all ended, There was of course the ring exchange ceremony. I was shocked at the ring he chose for me. It was beautiful. Embedded with diamonds and the design was really unique.

“Now I pronounce you husband and wife.” The justice of Marriage said and everyone applauded.

“Kiss the bride!” I heard Haemin shout and everyone in the hall burst into laughter before they all started to chant. I looked down slightly embarrassed and I could feel my face heating up as I looked at Donghae whose face was slightly tinged pink. However, he uncovered the veil and looked into my eyes for around 3 seconds before he tilted my chin slightly and planted a soft sweet kiss on my lips before breaking away a few seconds later, receiving a huge applause from the guests.

Everyone started to leave their seats, going outside to wait for picture time and of course, the highlight, the throwing of the flower bouquet. Appa and omma came to us and Omma was crying.

“My baby girl is all grown up and has gotten married.” She said as her tears flow down her face.

“Omma.” I said, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

“Honey, look, you’re making her cry too.” Appa said. “Donghae, I know you’ll take good care of her.” Appa said as Donghae gave him a bow.

“I won’t hurt her. I assure you when you come back and see her, not a single strand of hair would be missing.” He said and Appa pat his arm before leaving with Omma.

Donghae took his handkerchief and dap gently on my eyes, avoiding to smudge my make-up.

“My beautiful bride, don’t cry. You won’t look beautiful for the pictures.” Donghae said as I slapped him lightly on the arm. I then heard the click of the camera to find Eunhyuk and Haemin behind us.

“This would make beautiful memories for you.” Haemin assures us as we left for the pictures. However, someone standing out in the crowd caught my attention.

“You take with your friends first.” I said as I walked off to the particular person.

“I thought you won’t come.” I said and he turned around to look at me, smiling sweetly to me like always.

“How can I miss your wedding?” He said as he gave me a short hug.

“I was still thinking how to make you come, but I guess there’s no need.” I laughed and so did he.

“Oh I forgot to introduce. This is my girlfriend, Victoria.” He introduced as a beautiful lady with a figure of an hourglass walked towards us. She was really elegant and she gives people a very graceful vibe.

“Nice to meet you.” I shook her hand before I felt a pair of arms on my waist. I turned around to see Donghae.

“Congratulations. I hope we can be good friends.” She shook my hand and smiled.

“Of course we can. When we have time we can catch up for tea or coffee. I think it’s time for pictures. Let’s go.” I said as we made our way to take pictures.

After all the pictures, there comes the highlight. All the single woman crowded behind me, hoping they’ll be able to catch the flower bouquet.

“1! 2! 3!” I shouted before throwing the flower. I turned around and saw that shockingly, it fell into the hands of Donghae’s Noona, Haejung. She herself looked really shocked.

“Noona! When is your wedding?” Donghae exclaimed.

End of Soobin’s POV