Ramen

One Girl

 

       You finally got home from school after your hellish day. It was only the first day and you already had homework. You were about to go up to your bedroom to start your work but before you even had time to change out of your uniform, your uncle called you from the living room.

“Kyung mi! Go do your chores!”

You sighed and your shoulders deflated. You never had a moment to yourself.

“Okay, what needs to be done?” They’ve been treating you like their slave ever since you started living with them.

“The floors, windows, and then you need to make dinner.” He then gestured for you to go do them.

You took the broom out of the closet and began to sweep.

“Don’t forget to mop!” Your aunt yelled from the living room.

“Of course…” You mumbled through clenched teeth.

After you were through with the floors, you began on the windows and glass doors. There were so many of them it nearly took you an hour. You made your way down to the kitchen to go make dinner while stretching your arms.

“You’re going to have to go shopping Kyung mi, we’re low on ingredients.” Your aunt gave you a stern look before she went back to what she was reading.

“Why do I have to do everything,” You mumbled, going to grab your wallet.

“What was that Lee Kyung mi?” You flinched as she said your full name in a harsh tone.

“N-nothing, I’ll go get the groceries now.” You hurried out of the house and started walking towards the market. It was only a few blocks down so you thought you’d rather walk than drive.

When you got there, you grabbed a cart and began searching for ingredients.

Hmm…I think we’re out of ramen. I’ll go get that first.

You turned into the aisle and saw there was only a single box left. When you went to go grab the last box of ramen something made you jump and drop it.

“RAMEN!!!” You heard a deep voice bellow, and for the fourth time today, you were knocked to the ground.

“YAH! WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE TODAY?!” You snapped, managing to get back onto your feet, only to see an all too familiar face. Aw man, not this again. 

 

~

 

The boys had settled into the living room to decide who was rooming with who.

“I’m staying with Luhan!” Sehun grabbed on to Luhan’s arm cheerfully.

“Yah! What about me?!” Kai sat back biting his lips, feeling awkwardly left out.

“Alright then, Kai, Sehun and Luhan are sharing a room.” Suho announced.

Kai high-fived Sehun and gripped Luhan's other arm who didn't seem to have a say in things as they went up to their room to unpack.

“I’m rooming with Kris!” Tao latched onto Kris’s arm. Kris looked down at the panda that was wrapped around him and couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’ll room with you guys too.” Xuimin went to stand next to Tao.

“Okay so Kris, Tao and Xuimin get the second room.” They too went up to unpack.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O. were already standing side by side so Suho decided to pair them up. There were no complaints as they also went to settle into their room.

“I guess that leaves us three as roommates.” Suho turned to Chen and Lay and gave them a warm smile. Chen and Lay looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders and went to join the rest of the group upstairs. 

 

An hour later, they were all settled into their rooms. Chanyeol came barging into Suho’s room, disrupting a story Lay was telling.

“Food. Now.” He demanded, pointing at his stomach.

“Okay Chanyeol, I guess we can go to the market now.” Suho looked at Lay and Chen with a bit of hesitance before getting up to gather everyone.

 

“Do you even know where you’re taking us?” Sehun looked at Suho, who was leading EXO to the market.

“Yeah, of course.” There was a hint of doubt in his voice but he looked over to the maknae and gave a warm smile.

"Yah! Don't push me or I'll fall into traffic and die!" Chanyeol cried out, over dramatically. 

Kris and Suho turned around worriedly, "Guys! No pushing! Geez, how old are you? Ten?!" Suho yelled at the boys behind them but they didn't seem to hear.

Suho looked up at Kris, but he only shrugged. "They're yours not mine..." He turned around to keep walking but Suho caught his arm.

"Yeah, but it's yours that are making it worse." Kris groaned and hurried to go stop the fight that was sure to happen.

 

They finally made it to the grocery store after a long detour. It turned out it was only a couple of blocks down from the house.

“Okay Chanyeol, what do you want?” Suho asked as they all piled into the market.

“Ramen! Ramen! Ramen!” The others laughed. Chanyeol always got excited over ramen.

“Alright then, go get it!” Suho laughed at Chanyeol’s excited face.

Once he finally found the isle that had ramen, he saw someone about to take the last box and freaked out.

Oh no! Not my ramen!

“RAMEN!!!” He yelled out and lunged for it like his life depended on this one faithful moment!