Playing Hookie

One Girl

 

After many apologies from the group, you were finally left alone to finish up your school work. It took a lot of convincing for you to get them to leave you alone and you insisted that you were fine. You changed into your pajama’s and started to work at the desk in your ‘new’ room.

Alright brain. Let’s do this.

You pulled out your math work book and looked over all the work you have for the night. Aigoo… I hope I can get this done. You began your work, having to redo every question over and over again. You finally started to get the hang of it but exhaustion took over you. I’ll just take a short break. You rested your head on your notebook and accidentally fell asleep.

“Alright guys, I’m going to turn in for the night. I’m tired.” Lay said, getting up off of the living room couch.

“Noo! Play one more round with us!” Luhan was gesturing a game controller towards Lay.

“Maybe tomorrow,” Lay gave Luhan a smile and patted him on the head. “Goodnight guys!” Lay yawned and slowly made his was upstairs.

“Hey Kyu-” Lay halted to a stop when he saw your sleeping body at the desk. He felt a smile form on his face. “The work can’t be this tiring.” Lay whispered and quietly laughed.

He looked at your peaceful face for a few moments. Poor girl. He then gently lifted you into in his arms and placed you on your bed. He fixed your sleeping body so that you were comfortable.

“Goodnight Kyung mi.” He smiled and left to go get ready for bed.

 

You shifted in your bed. It seemed a lot more comfortable than usual. You snuggled deeper into the covers before opening your eyes. You shot up, looking around frantically.

This isn’t my room! This isn’t my bed!

You settled down a bit when you remembered what happened last night.  Wait a minute… I don’t remember getting into bed last night... The thought left your mind as soon as you saw the time on the clock.

12:00pm. I SLEPT UNTIL NOON?!

You rushed out of your bed and swung the door open.

“Whoa there, why are you in such a hurry?” You saw Baekhyun standing in the hall looking like he had just awoken also. You had to admit, his bed head was adorable.

“I-I’m late for school!” 

“Oh, don’t worry about that. We all decided that you needed a break and let you sleep in. Besides, the day is already half over, there’s no point on going now.” Baekhyun scratched his head and smacked his mouth, “I’m hungry.” He was about to walk past you to go down to the kitchen when you stopped him.

“Whoa, you decided this without me? I don’t think my academic life is any of your business.” You were slightly ticked off but softened as soon as you saw Baekhyun’s beautiful smile.

“You had a long day yesterday, one day off couldn’t hurt.” He slightly cocked his head to the side with a cute smile on his face. You couldn’t help but smile back. “Let’s go see what the others are up to.” He grabbed your hand to bring you down stairs but you stopped him.

“Umm… let me just go get ready first. I’ll be down in about 20 minutes.” You smiled at him and turned back into your room. The other 3 beds were made and spotless. Did they even sleep here last night? You looked over to your bed, which was a mess. You picked the covers up off of the floor and began making your bed before going to wash up. You were still a little dazed, but the hot water snapped you back to reality. I’m living in a house with 12 idols… Omo.   

 

You went downstairs to go see what everyone else was up to. You walked into the kitchen, but it was empty. You walked into the living room… but it was empty. Where is everyone? There were hushed voices coming from the dining room. You walked in and found everyone sitting around the table with bright smiles on their faces.

“Omo…” You looked at all the food on the table and your stomach began to growl.

“Good… err… afternoon, Kyung mi!” Tao gave you a big smile.

“What’s going on?” You were still confused as to why they were all sitting at the table.

“We made umm… breakfast? Lunch?” Luhan looked around at the others for reassurance.

“Brunch!” Sehun concluded.

“But it’s a school day.” You said, sitting down cautiously at the seat reserved for you. Am I going to end up with food in my hair again?

“I’m sure it’s okay for you, Sehun and Kai to miss one day.” Suho gave you a reassuring smile and you smiled back. “Alright everybody, dig in!”

You waited for everybody to get their food before you did. You looked over at Xuimin and Tao who were fighting over the fried rice. By the time you looked back to your plate, there was already food on it.

You looked up and Lay gave you a wink as he flashed his dimples. You felt your face getting hot and looked down to hide your flushed face.

 The food looked amazing and you were starving, you picked up the chopsticks and began stuffing your face. After a few minutes, you noticed the table was strangely quiet and you looked up from your now empty plate. Every single pair of eyes were on you.

“What?” The word came out slightly muffled as you were finishing your last bite of food.

The table burst into laughter.

“What?!” You wiped your face to make sure there was nothing on it.

“You eat like Chanyeol!” Kai burst out laughing at your puffed out cheeks filled with food and the innocent look on your face.

Even Chanyeol was laughing. You grew embarrassed and lowered your head.

You felt a hand on your shoulder and looked up to see Lay’s soft smile, “Don’t be embarrassed, it’s just, we’ve never seen a girl eat with such err… speed.” You pouted and he laughed at your innocence.

“Alright, well if everybody is done, I’ll take your dishes.” Kris stood up, picking up all the plates.

“Let me help.” You stood up and gathered the plates on the other side of the table.

You carefully placed all the dishes in the sink and the tap.

“You don’t have to do this.” Kris said as he placed his half of the dishes in the sink.

“Oh it’s the least I can do.”  You reached for this dish soap but Kris had the same idea and you met his hand on the bottle. Your hands lingered there for a minute, you felt the warmth of his hand spreading into your body.

You snapped out of your daze and both of you snatched your hand back at the same time.

“Don’t worry, I got it…” You said without looking at his face and continued doing the dishes.

“If you insist.” Kris said while backing out of the kitchen.

Well… that was awkward.