1st Night

Beautiful Thing

(3rd Person POV)

 

As Aron and JR sat on the dining room, they started eat the dinner.

 

“So, how’s your school today?” Mr. Kwak, Aron’s father, asked Aron.

 

“…Fine,” Aron said as he stopped a little bit for chewing, and then gulped the meat.

 

“No troubles again?”

 

“No.”

 

“…Okay… What about the bullies?” Mr. Kwak asked again. This time, he made JR choked a little bit. JR took a glass of water as he punched gently his chest. “What’s the matter, Jonghyun?”

 

“N-nothing,” JR quickly replied and back to his meal with his head down.

 

“Ah, I want to ask you, Jonghyun. You’re at the same school with Aron, right? Do you know who is the person that usually bullied Aron?” Mrs. Kwak now asked JR directly.

 

JR’s eyes went big. He even stopped chewing. Aron’s eyes went bigger too.

 

“Oh, you and him in the same school? Tell me, then,” Mr. Kwak suddenly asked too. To make everything faster, Aron quickly replied, “Mom, it’s nothing. He knows nothing. I’m okay,” Aron pouted playfully on his mother.

 

“What is okay? You almost to be brought to hospital because of that,” Mrs. Kwak looked at Aron, a little bit annoyed of what his son just said. JR was really uncomfortable now. He didn’t know Aron would suffer like that. He was really guilty to Aron now. He looked on Aron, which is beside him, and Aron still looked at his parents, annoyed because of his mother’s question. He looked at his mother, with annoyed. “Mom, enough. I don’t want remembered that again,” Aron said as he continued chewing.

 

“Fine, but you will do what I say to you, okay?” now Mrs. Kwak smiled at Aron. Aron’s facial gesture like extremely annoyed. “I finished eating,” he said with pouted.

 

“I’m finished too. Thank you for the meal,” JR quickly said, as he followed Aron upstairs.

 

“Ah… Okay. Don’t sleep too late, okay?” Mrs. Kwak said to them.

 

“I know,” Aron a little bit yelled from upstairs. Mr. Kwak just raised his shoulders, and Mrs. Kwak sighed a little bit. They continued eating as like nothing happened.

 

***

 

 

“Aah~ They’re so annoying…” Aron sighed as he sat on his bed. JR just followed him sat on the bed, beside Aron. Aron then silent for a moment, and then looked at JR. JR looked sad again. “I’m sorry… I didn’t know…” JR started again, but Aron cut him off. “Okay, let’s pretend we forgot all of this, okay?” Aron said as he took a magazine from his table. JR just nodded.

 

“Oh, we’re gonna sleep top and tail, okay?” Aron said again.

 

“Huh?” JR looked confused.

 

“That means you sleep with your head beside my feet, and I sleep with my head beside your feet. Can’t you see? My bed is not big enough for two of us,” Aron explained as he wore his glasses again, and took a magazine from the table. And then they both leaned on the bed.

 

“Ooh~ okay,” JR nodded as Aron gave him pillows. Then they fell on silence again.

 

“…So… you like reading magazine?” JR started the awkward conversation.

 

“Sometimes,” Aron quickly replied, still focused on the magazine. JR quiet again. He was felt awkward and guilty and uncomfortable right now. He bet Aron felt awkward too.

 

“By the way, your mom’s dishes were very delicious. Thanks,” JR said again to Aron.

 

Aron chuckled a little bit. “You should tell my mom, then. Not me,” he shook gently his head. JR smiled awkwardly again. He felt like a fool.

 

JR looked blankly at the window. He wondered about his home…

 

“So… where you meet my dad?” Aron suddenly asked. JR quite surprised. “Huh?! O-oh… I met him at the lake.”

 

“What are you doing there? Swimming?” Aron smiled a little bit.

 

No… I’m just sitting there…” JR smiled too after saw Aron smiled.

 

They both chucked.

 

“Okay, I’m not gonna ask anymore,” Aron said as he took off his glasses. He put that and the magazine on the table.

 

“Are you going to sleep?” JR asked when Aron pulled the blanket.

 

“Well, yeah,” he said. JR followed again Aron’s action. “Why are you following me?” Aron chucked again.

 

“B-because you want to sleep…” JR confused.

 

Aron shook his head slowly. Then they both leaned on the bed.

 

“…Aron?” JR said.

 

“…Yeah?” Aron answered.

 

“Good night,” JR said again. Then silence again.

 

“…JR?” Aron asked now.

 

“…Yes?” JR replied.

 

“…Good night,” Aron said this time. Although they couldn’t saw each other’s face, they smiled and fell asleep.

 

***

 

UPDATE!!^^ Two chapters at once!!~ haha I hope you like it!^^

 

THANK YOU!~ ENJOY!~ *Aron style*