Depart

Beautiful Thing

(3rd Person POV)

 

 

"HAAAHHHHH!!!!"

 

Aron twitching a little bit before he opened his eyes widely. He gasped for air, his clothes is wet, soaked by sweat. He looked around, rolling his eyes around the room. Apparently he still in his room, on his bed, after-bath, with phone on his hand. He noticed that he was going to call Minhyun.

 

So it was a dream, after all. A long dream. Moreover, a really bad nightmare. Aron put his phone and rubbed his face, still trying to control his breath. "Ugh..." He whined, and finished it with a deep breath. He checked the clock. It was 10 P.M. Just when he started to wake up from the bed, his mom knocking on his room.

 

"Aron? Are you awake yet?" she said.

 

"Yeah, I'm awake," he rubbed his eyes again.

 

"It's late, but do you want to eat your dinner now?" she asked again, just in time Aron opened the door. "Yeah."

 

"Let's go downstairs now," Mrs. Kwak held her son's hand as they went downstairs.

 

In kitchen, Aron sat on the chair as his mom preparing the meal. "Mom, is dad home yet?" Aron yawned.

 

"Yes, just after I wake you, dear. Here," Mrs. Kwak gave him tteokbokki with sliced big beef. Aron's tummy already growling. He grabbed the chopstick and said, "I'm eat now!" and put the sliced beef into his mouth. Mrs. Kwak just smiled looking her son like that.

 

Not even 15 minutes Aron eat, he already finished 2 bowls. He's very hungry after all.

 

"Thank you for the food," Aron took a glass of water and rubbed his stomach. His mom cleaned the plates. "Go to your room now, it's late. Oh, I almost forgot," she said, made Aron stop from walking to his room. "What is it?"

 

"Well, Minhyun called, she said to me that he want you to call him if you awake," she continue to wash the plates. Aron thinking for a little bit, before he said "Thanks," to his mother and went to his room.

 

***

 

At his room, Aron kept thinking about what his mom said and his dream. If he called Minhyun, he afraid something's gonna happen to him and JR. 'Maybe I should call Jonghyun first,' as he reached his phone and searching JR's name. But he thinking again. It could be worse if he told his boyfriend about his boyfriend's rival. But, he decided to give it a go, by texting.

 

'What are you doing now?'

 

He hope that JR replied as soon as posible. Then he heard his prone vibrating. It's JR.

 

'I'm just lying on the bed. You?'

 

Aron typing as fast as possible.

 

'Me too. Can I ask you something?'

 

'What is it?'

 

Aron's heart beating fast now. He scared actually, to ask permission to see Minhyun tomorrow for the last time. But maybe if JR came with him, he maybe could go. He should give it a try.

 

'Would you come with me tomorrow for seeing Minhyun for the last time? I want you with me tomorrow.'

 

Aron was so desperate when JR didn't reply his message, so he text again, 'It's okay if you don't want to. If you don't want me to go, I won't go.'

 

But not long after that message sent, a new message arrived from JR.

 

'Ok'

 

Aron couldn't believe what he just read. 'Okay. See you tomorrow,' soon Aron text back and then he dropped himself onto bed. He smiled. He didn't see that coming. Now he could sleep well tonight.

 

***

 

That morning, Aron is already wake up. He forgot to ask Minhyun about his departure last night, so he text him right now.

 

'Min, what time you leaving?'

 

Almost 10 minutes, and Aron almost gave up, but Minhyun replied.

 

'10 o'clock. Why?'

 

'Can I come to airport? To see you for last time?'

 

'Sure. Just come to airport 10 or 15 minutes before my departure,' Minhyun said, made Aron quickly checked the clock. It's still 8.30 AM. He sighed in relief.

 

'Okay. See you later.' Aron ended his texting with Minhyun, and then he texting JR.

 

'Jonghyun, where are you?'

 

Not long for Aron to get the reply.

 

'Still at home'

 

'I will waiting for you at park at 9 okay?' Aron wake up from his bed, looking at the window, to JR's home. JR replied his message again.

 

'Ok'

 

Aron smiled as he text, 'Ok. See you later.'

 

Aron straightly went to bathroom, taking off his clothes and starting showering with better mood that last night. He almost forgot about his nightmare.

 

(JR POV)

 

 


It's almost 9.10 AM, and I still waiting for Aron at this park. I checked my watch again, as I heard someone running. It's Aron. I sighed, I thought he would leave without me to the airport.

 

'I-I'm sorry... My mom insist to make this... for you," Aron gasped in breath as he handed a wrapped box. I took it and about to open it, but Aron prevent it. "No, not now! My mom want us to eat this later..."

 

So this is meal. Then I notice he brought another box. I didn't want to ask as I might know the answer, but I did it anyway. "And that one? For who?"

 

" Oh, this. It's for Minhyun and his family," Aron shows a bit of worried face, as I sighed. I knew this was gonna happen, but I couldn't bear he went alone to see Minhyun.

 

"Okay, let's go," I tried to put my usual pokerface, as Aron a little bit nodded, and we both walked to bus stop.

 

As we walked, my feeling still uneasy. I took a glimpse at him, and then I frowned all of the sudden. Why he must always to meet or even see HIM? Can't he read all my signs after all this time? Did he forget who made him got into the accident? Yes I know he's Aron's best friend and I, who made him and HIM close since the beggining, but didn't he notice that I am his boyfriend? Like, I give all my everything only for him now, and he give his attention for me and HIM? I really don't want lose him after all we've been through... Still, I feel insecure if he say his name... Or is it just me who overly jealous?

 

My daydreaming over when Aron suddenly held my hand. "Where are you going? The bus stop on this way," he dragged me to bus stop, but I broke off his hand. He turned back, his face demand answer for my action.

 

"Let's walk... casually, you know, don't let everyone notice that we're couple..." I carefully picked my words. Aron seems surprise, I think. He then put a smile as he said, "Okay. Let's go," as he walk in front of me. I sighed quietly. What have I done? I should be gentler. He seems terrified after heard what I just said. I don't want he afraid to me anymore. But I just did this for our own good.

 

We waited the bus for about 5 minutes, then we sit somewhere. For some reason, the bus is empty, or there's only 3 other people on it. I looked again at Aron's face, afraid he still scared by me. But then I saw him, still cheerful, so I relieved.

 

"What's wrong?" suddenly he asked, apparently noticed me from staring at him.

 

"Nothing!" I smiled at him, as he smiled back. So sweet.

 

"So, what is this meal your mother made for us?" I tried to not feeling awkward. "Oh, I think it's some pasta, or maybe tteokboki? I smell it, but I really don't know..." He seems confused. I giggled inside.

 

"So you didn't see what your mother's cooking? What did you do then? What made you so late?" I asked.

 

"I fall back asleep! Because it's too long waiting my mom cooking these," he sighed and rested his back to the seat. I smiled widely again. I'm glad that he still cheerful, although deep in my heart, I know we are going to see my rival.

 

***

 

It's 9.50 AM. Aron and I gasped because of running here and there, finding Minhyun. Aron tried to call him, but he still couldn't reach him. Aron panic a little bit. "Oh my god, I must be late..." but I saw someone waving at us. It's him. I poked Aron on the shoulder and pointed at Minhyun. Then Aron turned his head, and starting smiled, he runs a little bit to Minhyun. i just walked behind him.

 

Aron hugged him instantly. This made me feel... jealous again. Should he hugged him?!

 

"You made it in time," Minhyun grinned after they broke off the hug. Aron smiled. "Sorry," Aron grinned too. Minhyun noticed me, so he gave me a little smile, but I just throw my face elsewhere.

 

"This is for you," Aron gave him the box. Minhyun's attention back to Aron again, as he received it. "What is this?"

 

"It's a dish my mom made for you and your family," Aron sat on the chair near him, followed by Minhyun. I just sat elsewhere, watching them carefully.

 

"You cannot bring food into the airplane, I think," Minhyun opened it, and it is pasta. Aron seemed think for a while, amd then, " You should eat this now, then," he said. Minhyun looked confused, but he agreed. "Okay," as he took the spoon inside, nad starting to eat. Aron smiled. I frowned.

 

What the hell? I should watching them until they feeding each other? I grunted myself, and wanted to yell, but I felt someone tapping my shoulder.

 

It's Aron.

 

"Come. He wants to meet you," Aron suddenly said that, made me surprise a little bit. I walked with him, still frustrated, but I must keep calm. Then I faced Minhyun. Minhyun smiled a little bit again, but I still pokerface. Then he said to Aron, "can you leave us for a moment?" Then Aron looked worried, but nodded as he walk away.

 

"I, uh... I'm want to say sorry for everything, for what happened after all this time," Minhyun started talking. I paying attention to him as he talk again. "And I know I shouldn't say this... But, please take care of him. Don't hurt him again."

 

"I know," I said, knowing the truth that he actually a nice person. "I'm sorry too, for everything. I will," I said as I offered him to shake hands. He seemed surprised, but then he shake my hands. We smiled. Deep inside, I'm glad that we end this.

 

"Until we meet again," he said.

 

"Yeah," I said as we released our hands. The voice of annoucement tells that a plane is going to take off. " It's my plane," Minhyun said as he bring his bag. Just in time, Aron come. "You alright?" He asked me. I nodded. Minhyun said again,"I'm going now. Take care," he said to Aron, who suddenly hugged him. I feel weird again, but I decide to ignore it. "I'm gonna miss you. Give me some news, okay?" Aron release his hug and smiled. Minhyun smiled too. "Okay. Bye now," he said to him, and "Goodbye," to me, and he walked away.

 

Aron let out a deep sigh, as he faced to me again. "Come on, let's go," he said to me as we leaving the airport.

 

***

 

 

HI!!!~^^ update on this story finally! I hope you enjoy it! 

my other fanfic "Special Pizza 2 You" is updated too if you haven't check it yet.

Thank you!^^