Visiting

Beautiful Thing

 

(Minhyun POV) After school

 

I sighed again as I packing my book. Aron, who suddenly standing in front of me, said, “C-come on.” I looked at him for a second, and then finishing my business. “So… the gang will join?” I asked as we walked out from the class. “No. Just JR, if you don’t mind,” he said as he looked at me. I shook my head and smiled a little bit. “No, it’s alright. I’m kinda glad now that you look happy around him,” I said. Aron just blushed as looked at the ground as we walked outside near the gate.

 

I saw JR waiting for us, or for him. “Hey,” Aron smiled as he came to JR. “Are we going now?” he asked. “Yes. Come on,” he said as we walked to my house. I let them walking behind. I would disturb them if I talked to them. So I just silent as we walked.

 

But as I walked, my heart seemed more and more aching. I tried so hard to not hold my chest or made weird face in front of them, but it was so stingy. ‘It’s almost there, Min. Be strong,’ I said on my mind.

 

As we turned at the corner, I took a deep breath. “This is my house. Come,” I said to them. They stopped for a moment to looking around my house. “Come to think of it, I never visit your house before. It’s nice,” Aron smiled at me. JR just quiet, showing me his usual poker face. I smiled as I brought them to living room. “Please wait. I will take some snacks,” I said as I walked to the kitchen.

 

I was making ice tea, when my mother entered the kitchen. “You’re home?” she said, as she washing her hands on the washbasin. “Yes,” I said as I took out the snacks from the board. “You having guests?” she asked again. “Yes,” I said again, brought a pan with the snacks and the beverages and walked on the living room again.

 

“Sorry to make you wait,” I put the pan on the table. “Please,” I said as they looked at me. Aron nodded and took his drink. JR just leaned on the sofa. “So, Min. What’s the matter?” Aron started the conversation. My heart started to beat loudly. I didn’t know where to begin this. “Well… I… I actually…” I said it slowly. “Come on! What’s wrong?” he asked again.

 

“Well honestly, it’s my father. He’s get a better job there. Since we are from Busan, it’s not a matter for me and my family,” I said as I scratched my head. “But so suddenly?” he asked again. “Yes. I’m so sorry. It’s kinda family matter so I can’t really tell anyone.”

 

Aron sighed. “It’s okay. I get it now,” he said as he turned to JR now, told him to drink his ice tea. JR just nodded. Then my mother came to living room. “Oh, are you guys Minhyun’s classmate?” she said with smile. Aron and JR stood from chair and gave my mother bow. “Good afternoon. I’m Aron and this is Jonghyun. We are Minhyun’s classmate,” he finished with smile. “So you are Aron? Minhyun talks a lot about you,” she said, make me embarrassed. “Mom! Please leave us!” I said.

 

“Okay, okay. You’ve done packing your stuffs?” she asked. I nodded. “Okay then. Nice too meet you,” she said to Aron and JR. They nodded slowly as my mother left. I sighed again. “I’m sorry for that,” I said to them. “It’s okay,” Aron took the snacks and eat it fastly.

 

‘Now. It’s your chance now,’ a voice in my head started to bother me again.

 

“Shut up,” I whispered myself. “Huh? What’s wrong?” Aron asked to me. “A-ah! It’s nothing!” I said again, and then gulped. He’s right. It’s my chance now. “Uhm… Aron?” I asked nervously.

 

“Yes?” he said. I took a deep breath. “There’s something that I would like to give you. It’s in my room. Can I talk to him just two of us?” I moved to JR now. JR seemed thinking a little bit, as he took the ice tea, leaned his back again, and nodded. I almost smiled widely now, but I hold it. “Thank you. Please come,” I said as I stood from the sofa and walked to my room. Aron looked at JR for a second, and JR gave a nod to him. Aron smiled a little bit and then followed me.

 

As we arrived, I noticed Aron looked around. “Nice room,” he said. “Please sit on the chair,” I pointed my finger to the chair near the table. After he sat down, I took the box on the cupboard and gave it to him. “What is this?” he asked. “It’s a farewell gift for you. I’m sorry, I couldn’t think any other things,” I said as I swear I felt blushing on my face. Aron smiled widely. “Can I open this now?”

 

“W-well, if you want to…” I said with nervously, again. He smiled again as he ripped the wrapping paper calmly. He opened the box, looked for it for a moment, and looked at me again. “This…” he said with unbelievable tone. “Yeah. Remember when we were gone to mall? You said you wanted this,” I smiled to him.

 

 

(3rd Person POV) Flashback

 

 

“It’s so cool, don’t you think?” Aron said as he admired the newly arrived cool-looking and stylist headphone. “I like that one!” he said excitedly as he pointed at the orange and black colored headphone.

 

“Yeah. It’s cool. You want to buy it?” Minhyun asked as he brought a bag that seemed he would like to buy. Aron suddenly sighed. “I can’t. I spent too much money for this month. I guess I should saving the money until next month,” as he left it with glittering eyes. Minhyun looked sympathy to Aron. He would like to borrow OR bought it for Aron, but he didn’t have enough money. So Minhyun thought he would buy it next time…

 

End of flashback

 

 

“I… I can’t accept this. You’ve done so much already to me. I didn’t deserve this,” Aron said, tried to gave it back to Minhyun, but he refused it. “No. It’s really for you. Keep it… as a farewell gift,” Minhyun said that again with sad face. “T-thank you…” Aron said that as he closed the box. Minhyun stood again as he said, “Come on. Let’s go back. I don’t want JR think wrong about you.”

 

Just suddenly, Aron deep hugged Minhyun. Minhyun shocked, as he heard Aron sobbing softly. “Thank you, Minhyun. I can’t give you anything. Promise me that you’re still my best friend, until we see each other again?” Aron still sobbed as he still hugged Minhyun. Minhyun smiled as he patted Aron’s head. “It’s okay. I hope we meet again someday okay?” as Minhyun hugged Aron back.

 

10 minutes later, they went back at living room. “Long enough,” JR talked impatiently. Aron frowned a little bit. “He’s just giving me a present,” Aron said as he put the gift on his bag. “Whatever. I’ll go home,” JR stood from chair and brought his bag. “What? I-I’m coming too. Thanks for the meal, Min. And thanks for the gift,” Aron said as he brought he bag, he hugged Minhyun again and patted his back. Minhyun hugged back and patted Aron’s back too. “You’re welcome.” JR just watched them on his shoulder. “Bye,” Aron smiled at Minhyun again as he escorted them out. Aron waved at Minhyun and then they both left.

 

JR looked at smiley face Aron as they walked. “What’s so happy?” he asked. Aron, who just snapped out, flustered a little bit. “N-no! Nothing!” he quickly replied. “Don’t be so loud! I can clearly hear you,” JR replied back. It was quite a surprised to Aron, so he asked nervously. “A-are you okay? Are you m-mad at me?”

 

The sky suddenly became cloudy. JR stopped from his walk. Aron worried after he saw JR’s expression. ‘Maybe I’ll get scold now,’ Aron thought as he closed his eyes. JR looked at Aron, who closed his eyes, with confused face. “Why are you close your eyes?” he asked. Aron opened his eyes. “I-I t-thought you will mad at me…”

 

The rain suddenly pouring down slowly. “Ah…” Aron said as he looked at the sky. 

 

 

***

 

finally, UPDATE!~ TT.TT I'm sorry to make you wait for a long time! I hope this chapter is good enough (although I think it's a failure)~ TT.TT

 

I hope you can enjoy! Thank you!~^^