Lying Down

Beautiful Thing

(Aron POV)

 

I brought JR to sit on the bed. I rubbed his back. “It’s okay, it’s okay. If you want to cry, you can use my shoulders,” I said carefully as I sat beside him.

 

And then, it happened.

 

He burst out of tears again. On my shoulders.

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” I said again, comforting him again. Rubbed his back again.

 

He cried loudly, released his pain on the heart.

 

“It’s alright…” I said again.

 

15 minutes long he cried and I just comforted him, he finally stopped, just sobbing now. He wiped his tears often.

 

He wasn’t on my shoulder again; he just sat straightly, as he wiped his cheeks again. “T-thanks…” he said, still sobbed a little bit. I smiled to him. “It’s okay... You can tell everything to me if you want to, okay?”

 

“…This started about one year ago…” JR looked blankly at the floor. I, of course, gave all my attention on this.

 

 

(3rd Person POV) FLASHBACK

 

The sound of the door opened roughly caught JR and his mother’s attention. It was JR’s father, who came back from work. But his face, JR couldn’t tell his expression properly. It was sad, yet angry. “What happen?” his wife asked as they sat on the living room. “…I got fired today,” JR’s father sighed and covered his face with his hands. “What?! What’s wrong?!” JR’s mother shocked.

 

“The boss said I’m not good enough and I’m not capable for his new project. He did this to 19 workers too,” he sighed again. “Oh my god! We can solve this… now you must eat dinner first. Come on,” JR’s mother said as she gave nodded signal to JR, who just stood frozen there.

 

3 days later

 

“Mom! Look at this!” JR’s father happily went to kitchen, brought a paper. JR just sat on the dining chair, doing his homework.

 

“What is that?” JR’s mom asked about the paper. “This, my wife, is our lucky paper! With this, we can be rich!” JR’s father had sparkling eyes when he said that.

 

“Wait… Where did you get this?” JR’s mother looked worried.

 

“I get this from my friend. He said if invested our money to him, we can get double money in just two weeks!” JR’s father shook gently her shoulder.

 

“I… I don’t know… It sounds risky… You better not do it…” JR’s mom shook her head. “Oh come on! He is my best friend! We can trust him!” JR’s father convinced her. “Okay… but be careful…”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

(Aron POV)

 

“And then what happen?” I asked. “And then few days later, he said his friend run away with our money and he’s unknown until today. Since then he started to drinking, came home late, and drunk more, and like this,” JR’s perhaps wanted to said the bruises and something else, but I felt he couldn’t said that. His tears slowly formed in the edge of his eyes, slowly running down to his face again.

 

I gasped and shocked. JR started sobbing again. I hugged him deeply. “It’s okay now… You can tell me everything, okay?” I said. I could felt he cuddling, means that he comfortable enough to trust me. He chuckled suddenly. “Okay. Thank you,” he smiled to me as I released the hug and he wiped his tears again.

 

His smile. I don’t know why, but when I looked him like this, with his mild smile, I felt… you know, I just wanted to stay with him all day long.

 

We looked each other again. My heart beat faster suddenly. I felt my face warmed up.

 

Weirdly enough, JR’s face looked like reddish now.

 

And just like that, we looked somewhere else behind. Yep, we threw our face oppositely.

 

I don’t know what’s happen with me. Gosh! What is this?

 

And JR… why he did the same thing as I did?

 

 

(JR POV)

 

What’s this? My face? I swear, it must be blushed or something. It’s so hot, I could feel it.

 

And he? Did he feel it too? What’s wrong with us?

 

Aron suddenly stood from his bed, and searched something on his cupboard. He showed me something that looked like a little jar.

 

“I found this on the pharmacy today. It’s a painkiller and relieving pain balm. The man said it’s the best for soothing and relieving pain and bruises. I just want to make sure you’re okay…” he said as he sat again beside me.

 

He serious?

 

After what I’ve done to him?

 

My eyes glistened again. “…No.”

 

He seemed confused. “W-what? W-why? Y-you don’t want it?”

 

“N-no! That’s not what I mean! I want it, of course! That ‘no’ I mean, you’ve done too much kindness for me, for someone got bullied. Why are you doing so far?” He sighed again, and pushed me slowly. “Hey! Don’t say that! …I told you yesterday, everyone needs help. You’re not alone… I guess.”

 

I smiled again, looked at the plasters in my arms.

 

Not alone… It must be delightful feeling, not to be alone.

 

“So… would you?” I said, looked at him again.

 

“W-what?” Aron smiled yet confused.

 

“You said it. Everyone needs help. So… would you be my friend? I mean, a real friend?” I said, crossed my fingers behind my back.

 

“W-what?! Are you s-serious?!” he quite shocked. “Y-yeah… B-but if y-you don’t want to, I could understand…” I said slowly.

 

He became silent. He looked on the ground. I knew this. After all I have done to him, it must be difficult. I know he still angry to me, like the first time I here. I understand if he didn’t want to become my friend. I’m just stupid. I felt he closed to me, but no I bet he must afraid…

 

“Y-yes.”

 

My eyes went bigger.

 

I looked at him again.

 

He nodded. “Y-yes. I-I mean, if you don’t mind have a friend like me…”

 

I can’t believe. HE ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE MY FRIENDS!!

 

I automatically hugged him. “Thank you! Thank you so much!” I said with joyful feelings. I really do.

 

“A-ah… okay…” he said, maybe felt awkward, so I released the hug. “Sorry,” I said with smiled. He seemed confused, as he said with stuttered, “S-so? D-do you w-want this?” he offered me the painkiller. I took it from his hand. “How to use this?”

 

“Just applied it at the bruises and the others. It’s balm, though. And you could use it as massage therapy.” I looked it with curiosity. “Its herbal aromatherapy, you know? Peppermint,” he said again.

 

No. Peppermint isn’t the matter. The ‘massage’ thing. Actually, it must be nice when your body full of pain, you got that one…

 

“L-lie down on the bed and I will rub it into your back. I-if you want too...” Aron’s words made me surprised. Of course I want to! This pain is nearly making me faint.

 

“Yeah, sure,” I said as I took off my shirt. And then I lie on the bed.

 

After I lie down on the bed, he did nothing. “What’s happen?”

 

He shook his head slowly, probably he just dazed off. “N-nothing.” I swear I could saw his face blushed. Or maybe it’s just my imagination.

 

***

 

AND UPDATE!~^^ Seriously thank you guys for keep reading and giving me your reactions and comments for this story!~^^ It's nice to have chatting things with you too!~^^

I know my story about NU'EST is still lacking in many points, but I will keep trying!~^^

Thank you guys!!~^^