Tension

Beautiful Thing

 

(JR POV)

 

We walked home, with still… my heart still felt uneasy with Aron’s confession. I really, have a deep regret about that. I could cry now, but it would make Aron worried again about me.

 

We walked home, when I looked on my phone. I heard some people chattering in front of us from faraway. I just ignored it and not looking. But I heard Aron’s footstep was missing. He stopped walking.

 

I looked behind at him. “What’s wrong?” I asked, looked at him, frozen. I then looked on the direction of Aron’s sight.

 

No wonder he frozen. It was Baekho and the others.

 

Baekho noticed me as he waved, “Yo! JR!” But his facial expression changed quickly when he saw Aron behind me. He walked fast, approached me, followed by the others. “What is he doing here, JR?” Baekho asked.

 

“…Him? He is with me,” I calmly answered Baekho. He raised one of his eyebrows. “What?”

 

“Yes, you heard that. He’s with me. We want to go home,” I said. Baekho seemed surprised, so does the others.

 

“WHAT JR?!” Baekho raised his voiced. “Since when you become close like this?” he mockingly chuckled at ‘like this’ words.

 

“Since I knew him deeply. He’s my neighbor, after all,” I said, grabbed Aron’s hand. Aron still frozen, looking down on the ground.

 

Baekho and the others made the same expression; jaw dropped and the eyes went bigger. “Your neighbor?” Ren said with unbelievable tone, behind Baekho. Yoosang and Doyoon shook their head.

 

“Sorry guys, it’s kinda late now, so excuse me… And…” I said, before I walked again, “This.Is.My.Warning. Don’t.You.Dare.Bother.Him.Or.Do.Something.Else.To.Him. You.Will.Face.With.Me,” I said, stressed in each words, and then I dragged Aron walked again, left them behind, far away.

 

We walked calmly but little fast. Aron, who seemed realized from his absent-minded now, asked me, “JR?”

 

“Hm?” I said, still walking.

 

“W-what was that?” he said, little running. “Nothing,” I said. “What happen with your gang later?” he said. “What will happen what?” I said again.

 

“What if… something bad happen? To you?” he said with worry. I stopped. He Aron stopped to. I turned around, facing him. He looked surprised a little bit.  “I rather got that bad thing, rather than if something happen to you. I can forgive myself if something bad happened to you,” I looked at the ground now.

 

Aron walked approached me, and… hugged me. “Stop worried about me. We can face it together, okay,” he released the hug after a moment and looked at my face, smiled. I looked at his angelic face again. His expression made my heart calm and warm. I smiled again. “Okay. Let’s walk again,” I said, and we walked again, still holding hands.

 

After minutes passed by, we finally arrived. Aron smiled to me, as he said, “Come on, go inside.” But I said, “No, you should rest now, you just came back from hospital. Go now,” I released his hand, and smiled. And then, I gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. Aron blushed. So do I.

 

But afterwards, he smiled evilly. “Hm, you should come home tonight…” he said, and I know what he thought. “No. You should rest. We can do that sometimes,” I said. “But I want it tonight,” he playfully pleaded. “NO. Rest well. Bye~” I said, as I grinned, walked fast into my home, and came inside. Aron still frozen, it seemed. I chuckled inside my house. “Aron… such a badass…”

 

***

 

(Aron POV) That night

 

 

I finished my dinner with my family, as I now walked upstairs to my room. I threw my body on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I looked at my phone at the table beside the bed, and took it. There’s a message, from Minhyun. My heart beat fast. It’s been a long time since I saw him. The last time I saw him was the day he brought me to the hospital. He never visited me after that. Maybe he was busy… but I don’t know what kind of business he had.

 

I opened the message.

 

Hi Aron~ I’m sorry I couldn’t come visit you a whole week... And… I’m sorry to not coming today. I’m sorry, but I’ve been busy with something~  I will see you on the school, okay?^^

 

I smiled at his message as I put again my phone on the table. ‘It’s okay Minhyun. But you gotta tell me what’s going on,’ I said in my head. And then the phone ringing. I picked it up again and looked at the screen. It’s JR.

 

“Hello?” I said. “Hello?” I said with smile.

 

“Aron-ah~” JR used his intimate voice. I cracked, but I hold it. “Pfftt… Yes?” I said.

 

“….Don’t laugh,” he said, apparently embarrassed. “How’s your feeling? Are you okay?”

 

“I’m okay. Stop worrying about me,” I said, a little bit annoyed.

 

“Oh… I’m just… checking…” he said, slowly. “I’m alright, babe,” I said, kissed my phone. “……Babe?” he said, and chucked. I chuckled too. “You come to the school tomorrow?” he asked. “Well… maybe… Just see,” I smiled myself. “Oh come on…” he said, made me laugh, inaudible.

 

“Okay. Rest now. I’ll see you soon,” he said. “Yes, thank you. Good night,” I smiled, and ended the call.

 

I put my phone again, but it’s ringing again. I took it again, but it’s from Minhyun now. I picked it. “Hello?”

 

“Hello?” he said, with a weird voice.

 

“Minhyun?” I asked, as if this is not him. “Yes, it’s me,” he said. “What’s with your voice?” I said.

 

“Oh, I got flu,” he said. No wonder.

 

“Oh god. Are you okay?” I said. “Are you kidding? You are the one who got home today from hospital. Are YOU okay?” he chuckled weakly.

 

“I’m… okay. What’s happen to you?” I asked, worried. “I don’t know… Suddenly I got flu and cough like this,” he said. “Do you already take your medicine?” I said.

 

“Yes. I ‘m the one who want to check you, you know? Do you come to school tomorrow?” he asked. “I don’t know. Do you?” I asked him back.

 

“No, of course. Since yesterday I didn’t come to school…” he said, and then sighed.

 

“Since yesterday? I’m sorry… I don’t know,” I said. “Get well soon,” I said again, and then he chuckled.

 

“Yeah, thanks. Okay, I think I should let you rest now… or myself. Bye~” he said. “Bye,” I said and then he ended the call.

 

I don’t know why, but the two people that just called me, JR and Minhyun, made me feel better now. I started feeling drowsy, so I decided to go to sleep. And… maybe I should go to school tomorrow… I really want to see JR, but maybe not to close to him, since he is with his gang all the time… Ah. I should not worry again, should I?

 

***

 

 

UPDATE!~^^ Thank you!~^^