Comeback

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The ground seemed to vibrate underneath her feet and made Yoona waver left and right. She could feel people turn around for closer and deeper looks at her. Their glares penetrated her skin and into her core. Her situation almost caused her tears in shame.

     People knew. In fact, the whole school. 

    From teachers and principals, to friends and students. Even the cook and janitor, she guessed. No one could have missed the shocking news of a woman in their school kidnapped and mistreated. The male suspect, registered at the school as well, had been arrested with evidence poiting at him. Police had even confirmed his acknowledgements of the crimes. Witnesses flooded the investigators with all kinds of information, both useful and nonsense. 

     No one kept their mouths quiet right now. The case was still fresh. 

    But most of all, people knew the victim. She walked amonst them, studied in the same classrooms, learned the same topics, spoke with the same teachers and students. Chances in missing her didn't exist. The absence of two weeks had made classmates figure out the gossip was about her, before spreading the rumours onward. Now, the scandal had turned into facts all the more police commented information to media while the victim hid from public. 

     Her wonderful, amazing fiance did what he and his father could to moderate, even conceal, the news. But, there was not much actions to perform. Media knew, meaning people knew. 

     Yoona knew she hated this and was about to burst into sobs and tears. Optimism and silliness had led her to believe that life would go back to normal if she just returned to school. Campus turned out to be hell on earth. Although no one said or remarked a thing near her, their decission to keep distance hurt. 

     Thus, her legs couldn't have taken her faster when she noticed that her best friend waited for her at the doors. Happiness was the single emotion, which almost freed some tears behind her lids which she had kept inside. The strong arm over her upper back couldn't have been a bigger comfort as the girlfriends strode towards class. 

     "Sweetie," Yuri mumbled. "Remember our promise? None of us cries."

     "I know," became her answer while she dried her damp lashes. 

    A long release of air came from her friend. But, she didn't continue their conversation. Instead, she just patted Yoona on the shoulder, which calmed her more than words ever could at the moment. That small contact had such large meaning of friendship and eased her tense nerves. 

     More than ever, she needed to feel the support of her father and sister, friends and fiance. She felt helpless and pitiful without them. In particular in public. Just their mere presence had such positive effects on her mood. During the past week, Yuri dried her tears while TaecYeon made her smile again. She didn't want to loose her new source of strength, or let someone down. Her progress had gotten far, despite just a week since the accident. 

     "Look, Yoona," her closest friend said. "Over there, someone's waiting for us."

    Curious a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter