Reactions

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "I'm sorry, did Yoona say anything?" TaeYeon asked, looking at Jessica.

     Yoona could hear the desperation in her chuckles. She even wiped her eye, probably to hide a tear. Yoona knew her unnies quiet well, they had been very close friends during several years. TaeYeon usually tried denial, before any other reaction, when she felt confusion. Her actions wasn't hard to predict. 

     "Yes, TaeYeon-ssi, I did."

     "I must be crazy," Jessica inflicted, "but I thought I heard engagement."

     A needle stuck Yoona in the heart. She knew they felt shocked, probably hurt as well, but they went a bit too far. Couldn't they understand that she didn't like this situation either, and tears could pour out any given minute now? This wasn't something Yoona enjoyed or had wished for. Instead, her father, TaecYeon and his parents made up her future, without her being able to interfere. One word: frustrating.

     "Yes, Jessica, you did."

     The air went from cold to steamingly electrified. Yoona saw TaeYeon and Tiffany looking at her with their eyes narrow as chinks. They were obviously pissed. 

     HyoYeon was the first to react, "What do you mean, sweetie?"

     "Exactly what I say; tomorrow night, there'll be an engagement party, where I and my fiance become official. I want you all to be there."

     As if her words had been the consecration, both TaeYeon, Jessica and Tiffany stood up on their feet, spreading their fury all over the place. HyoYeon, who acted more calmly, tried sothing her slightly older unnies. But she did so inefficiently when she too arose, talking loudly. SooYoung, Yuri and SeoHyun were by her side, fighting to keep the peace in the room. They failed miserably as well. Instead, they contributed to a jungle. 

     "Yoona, have you gone out of your mind?" TaeYeon shouted.

     Jessica quickly backed up her best friend, "Yeah! And why didn't you tell us the moment you... agreed... to this?"

     "I hope you haven't been hiding a relationship for what... several years?" her oldest friend hissed. 

     "Girls, come on, take it easy," HyoYeon said. "You're acting crazy here."

     Her words nearly sent Tiffany flying. A fight begun among her and Tiffany instead, with the latter raging, and the first not far behind. They almost screamed at each other, as HyoYeon defended Yoona, even though she didn't believe her actions had been right. Tiffany, on the other hand, was close to hitting something. Yoona could see her anger being repressed.

     In the meantime, Jessica and TaeYeon were arguing with Yuri and SooYoung, because they just found out that Yoona had already shared everything with them from the beginning. The unnies explained that as dongsaeng, and primarily friends, they should have come and told, which the younger ones thought was ridiculous, lack of respect and unloyal towards Yoona. 

     "Are you kidding me, SooYoung?" 

     "No, I'm not. This was something for Yoona to share, not us. She's the one in this mess, not us."

     As the brawls continued, a deep ache penetrated her cumbersome head, spreading out into every corner. The situation was getting beyond controllable and was not the way Yoona wished she could have let the night happen. Tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter