Guest

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     After she took another deep breath, to calm her wrecking nerves, Yoona made her fourth attempt. She buckled up the little strength in her muscles that existed in her arms, before she began pulling her right upwards. Her fingertips held on as tight as the small ones could. But, after just a few seconds of tugging and no results whatsoever, the skin at her fingertips began to hurt and felt a bit like burning. Yoona released at once and sighed quite deep. 

     The zipper was still there at the same place; stuck. 

    Precious fabric of blue silk in electric tones became crushed in the diminutive piece of metal. The even worse fact was that she couldn't undress from the irritating jumpsuit. Yoona was rigid inside out. Help wasn't close either and the guests would arrive quite soon. Perchance just a few minutes were left. 

     With such a brief timeframe, Yoona gave up. 

    She didn't have the patience to deal with this. Besides that, she wanted to use some powder and lipstick before leaving her room. Perhaps a bit mascara as well. Then, Yoona had to choose what shoes to wear, before finding the right accessories. She hadn't brushed her teeth either, or her tousled hair. If she managed to speed through her other tasks, Yoona planned to use the iron to curl a few strands here and there.

    The sole working solution was to wear a shawl. Yoona had a black somewhere in the closet, she just had to look a bit. Her mother used to wear that particular one, her father had told her when she received the soft and smooth piece of fabric during her teenage period. That meant the plaid was invaluable. Yoona had to protect such all night and making sure that nothing occurred. Her favorite scarf was ruined and discarded, she didn't want this one to end up the same. 

    Yoona steered her legs against the closet. She pushed the sliding door aside, before a whole new room opened, lit up from bulbs in the ceiling. Rows of dresses and cardigans, bars of jeans and pants, shelfs of tops and blouses. Shoes had been lined underneath all the clothes, while jewelries and bags was placed in drawers and cabinets. 

    Even though she wasn't of the shallow kind, Yoona adored the feeling of walking into this little hideout. There were several options and she felt well dressed for each occasion. Also, her wardrobe held lots of precious items of her mother. Hence, she was extra careful when she found the right drawer, containing the beautiful shawl. With a light touch of her fingertips, Yoona embraced the fine threads of cashmere and felt a small tug in the heart. Her feelings sunk. 

   Such a handsome piece of fabric was too much of a precious token, left behind for her to remember a mother that never existed. All she had was a few objects, where some of them carried a faint perfume of sweetness. The emotions Yoona bore were loneliness and the want to know someone who should have been there from the beginning. 

     Tap, tap, tap. 

    All of a sudden, there was knocking on the door. Yoona turned around in surprise, when the sensation of tears came to her realization. She was quick and dried the drops off her cheeks, before swallowing and getting up on her legs. With a cheerful gaze, Yoona grabbed onto the handle and swung open the door.

    Her eyes filled with astonishment, before a shriek left . With open arms, Yoona threw herself around the neck of the visitor.

     "Oppa, you came!" 

     Geun-suk laughed and responded to her embrace.

    That was until his palms touched her back, exposed because of the stuck zipper. Immediate, he let her go and took a step back, with pink cheeks and wondering gaze. Yoona also realized how the situation might come off, and became a bit red herself. She took a step back into her bedroom, with the door still open. Fast, Yoona put on a smile again. 

     "Oppa, I'm so glad you came."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter